• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

LittlebroFTW

What Happened to AJSA in Archeage?

11 posts in this topic

What happened to the AJSA's support for Archeage? The forum is completely gone. I played the hell out of the closed betas with the AJSA, but when the game launched I lost interest (especially cause the guild chose the east faction).

Wondering if anyone knows.

Basically the same thing that has happened to every MMO besides GW2 if Joe doesn't play them then the community doesn't really support them.

As I said, GW2 seems to be the strongest MMO we have at the moment. SWTOR spurted to 40 accounts right after the expansion and is now down to 22

yea i think thats the fate of mmo game i love wow been on for 11 years now...i know i know :) problem is keeping a good amount of ppl online with you and seeing as there are always games comming out with online multiplay no game can hold players for a long time at least that what it looks like in my view

The rushed launch of the game kind of did it in.  At launch it was missing sorely needed features that were in the previous regional versions of the game.  While the guild still exists on the East Faction, it is only there as a place-holder.  

Hmm, ok. But why was the forum also deleted?

Hmm, ok. But why was the forum also deleted?

If the forum sub-topic was deleted, it's because it's no longer officially supported. AJSA presence will remain, but not at a supportive capacity.

Yeo Panda here. The guild kind of just fell apart after launch. We had a strong go during the closed and open betas. We kicked major ass, very active and had events going. But from the early launch things rolled downhill. It had nothing to do with Joe not playing it had everything to do with Trion business practices and the move to the server we did and the faction change. I'll go over what happen from within first cause this plays into attitudes of people. During closed and open beta we were on the Western faction and on a medium pop server. Enough players to keep things very very lively, the game was so hype medium pop would be high pop to other games. But we got housing and we got land and there were generally no problems. We all worked together and we made it pretty far in the game and was amazing. To this day we still talk about the good ol days we had in beta. People fell in love with the western continent, we got the guild going and even made a name for ourselves on the server. Move was actively targeted by pirate groups/guild because he was a known pirate hunter. It was amazing to try and sail out with MOVE and get stopped and asked if that's Move and then barred from leaving port because they wanted blood. To others this may sound bad but for us in the party it was hilarious and pats on the back for having a member that could strike fear into pirates. So pretty much the AJSA was established and invested in the west and on that server. Then the game opened up for free to play and everything changed. From heated debates between Alpha players wanting to be East coast and Beta players wanting to be West coast but unlike the rap feuds, no one got shot. In the end we ended on Eastern faction. We also got intel that moving to a specific server was going to be a good idea because larger guilds were going to leave that one alone and it being a low pop server would let our guild grow and dominate. That didn't happen. The server that was rumored to be low pop with small guild became the go to server which made a ton of competition with larger guilds with tons more people playing. So after all this there was tension in the group with people leaving that game entirely or threatening to leave if we decided on something else. Honestly the threats did not help AT ALL, seriously for a gaming group we should work together and enjoy it rather then threaten to leave if people don't get their way. I was mad about all the changes don't get me wrong but it's not what killed the game for me. So as for the leaders of the group, we felt a whole lot on our shoulders from people and it was mostly anger and people telling us what we should do and how we should lead. This made things very very very difficult. I can't speak for Beef or MoVe but the hostility was really a downer and the bickering and PMs we got made it hard to lead, nothing we ever did made anyone happy and we just yelled at. And for people wondering why we didn't just kick people and go HAM on the guildies it's because if we did the guild would have been down to a number you could count on your hands, yeah it was that bad. AA is a great mirror scenario that people should look at for attitude and how you treat the people doing their best.

But over all, personally I would have stuck it out if the game had been amazing like I was hoping, which it was for a while, then Trion pretty much went "O look, a giant cliff, lets jump off of it" They fucked up big time and I mean big time. Early launch for people that paid all that money was horrible. DDoS attack keeping the servers down and making it slow as fuck to get into made the land rush a matter of guilds throwing massive amounts of people into the server to have a higher chance of getting prime land. Bigger the guild, the more chance you had to get at least a couple players into the game to get to the land your guild wants. By the time we got in, all the prime spots were taken. We ended up with a nice little area in the starting zone but it wasn't what we wanted or planned for and more like a consolation prize. The best we could get.  So we got a little bit of land for the lucky players and others had to wait for spots to open up. Then it opened up to free players and all hell broke loose. bots, bots as far as the eye could see. sniping land every time a house expired making it impossible for guildies to grab plots unless they were super lucky. From bots sniping land, to farming and market place inflation to even people teleporting around with trade packs helping add to inflation. The market was fucked and Trion did nothing to fix it. There were screen shots of the botters and cheaters talking to the GMs about their banning and getting them overturned and back into the game and then gloating about how they got one over the GM and how they ruled the game. It was all over Trion forums and Trion never responded with anything about fixing this issue.

The second issue with Trion was the cash grabbing. in the Korean version alot of costumes and other things were purchasable from Mirage Island but when it came to here Mirage Island was pretty much barren besides housing and boats. It all seemed like a cashgrab to me. Trion blamed the devs for it but if that were true, why were they available in the Korean, chinese and russian versions compared to here in the US where it was mainly all in the cash shop? This really rubbed me the wrong way. Couple all these issues with the slow content roll out, and I'm not the only one who thought they were slow as snails rolling out updates and dungeons and World bosses. Over all, it was how Trion handled the game that killed it for me in the end. If I sounded defeated while talking to people sometimes it's because I had been expecting the game to be amazing and awesome like people kept saying it was in korea but the US version was a huge let down.

From stress to the game letting me down at every turn in the end. It burned it out on me. I think it may have been the same for others. I know beef was stressed non stop from getting PMs from guildies robbing eachother and other guilds letting us know we had a section of players going pirate and then the PMs we all were getting about drama out of game. Drama out of game, drama in game, and a game that isn't living up to what we all had hoped. We went from a amazing time time in Beta to a downward spiral. It honestly killed it all for us.

I think that pretty much explains the entire downfall in completion. From officer we got burned out and we let everyone down and slowly kind of just faded away. Whether it was drama or the game or a combination of both it burned us out.

TL;DR: You have to read the entire thing because you can't summarize some things. ^ or just read that last line if you really really really hate reading so much.

I wasn't there but I assume Archeage happened to the AJSA guild in Archeage. 

Games not so bad now.

As for the Trion cashgrab, that's probably the only way they can meet their contractual obligation for 'monetary gain'. -- Seriously, no company that's smart goes into a partnership without stipulations on how much money they'll be guaranteed; least the contract be voided and penalties warranted.

The game itself is clearly meant to be Pay 2 Compete...

Korean/Chinese version:

...sound familiar? ;)

((As far as I know Trion only handled the NA and EU release?))