• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

undeadslayer4

The corruption of halo and star wars battlefront

49 posts in this topic

I am sick and tired of 343 and EA screwing up with these games this is unacceptable and brainwashing people aren't even true halo fans or star wars fans to begins with u know what they did to joe and how they ddosed to not let him spread the truth these kind of people must be stopped "but u don't have either games or played any of them so why should u be talking" thats right i dont have either of those or played them because i don't want to and they cost like 70$ to $130 and they rip u off with no value and if even i bought those games my opinion wouldn't count because i would've already those companies and i dont want but i have played battlefront II, halo CE, halo 3, halo reach and halo 4 which is 10x more fun then those piece of crap here jeremy jahns makes a great example of this

These people who are bashing joe or anyone else are either trolls, idiots who haven't played any of the previous games, people brainwashed by EA or 343 to make sure no one says anything negative about the games which is retarded we the AJSA should do something isnt this our purpose

1. I like Halo 5. The campaign could have been a lot better but I really like the game and have a blast playing at the xbox one events. I feel it was worth the $90 investment (yes thats the price for base game in Canada :'( ). As for battlefront, I don't like it but other people seem to, so good for them.

2. If by "brainwashing" you mean "excellent marketing" (in terms of effectiveness), then yeah they want people to buy their product. Thats kinda why they spent all the money to make it. It is still the customers choice whether to buy it or not.

3. Multi-BILLION dollar corporations don't really give a fuck about joe or his opinion. They wouldnt waste the effort with a ddos on him. Was probably some random person that doesn't like him.

4. Some of the bashing on Joe was saying he sucks at halo so he shouldn't review it. I don't agree with that mentality he can review anything he wants. But do note that Joe is not good at halo 5 and some of the trolling was for that, not his opinions being attacked by fanboys. He got placed in bronze (you can see it in the video if you look for it) which is the bottom of the ladder. To get bronze, you would basically have to be one of the bottom players in every one of the first 10 games.

5. "Isn't this our purpose" Everyone has a different purpose for joining the AJSA. Some are all gung-ho about videogame justice, and many just wanted to find new people to play games with.

6. "These people bashing joe or anyone else are either trolls, idiots... People brainwashed by EA...make sure no one says anything negative" Etc. wait so you can't have a different opinion than an internet critic? What you basically said there is that your not allowed to have a positive opinion of 343 and EA or their games, and if you do, your just brainwashed. U wot m8?

Seyren, Dyzzles and undeadslayer4 like this

While I don't agree with a lot of what this guy said on... Some subjects, I will agree with some things. EA has fucked Battlefront up the anus, slaughtered it, then hung the corpse out for display, and 343 has dressed up Call of Duty in one of their Spartan Sue outfits and is calling it Halo. 

Neither company cares jack shit about the games they're making, only about the money it'll bring in to them. Neither game is awful, note, but they utterly crap all over the roots of both franchises. 

4. Joe actually, legitimately sucks at halo 5. He got placed in bronze which is the bottom of the ladder. I'm not great at halo and only got ranked in gold or platinum (the middle tiers) so far. To get bronze, you would have to lose 10 games in a row while not even getting a 0.5 K/D ratio in all of those 10 games. Even then you may get silver. (And yes I've played all the previous halo games, except ODST).

Wow, this has actually nothing to do with the OP and not only that, theres wrong in that. Maybe you need to take a step back because for the most part I dont know what youre on about with all your points.

And you too OP, take a step back. I understand your frustration but, to say that EA and 343 are brainwashing people is crazy. However, I do believe that some publishers are conditioning people to things like, expecting less content in games for same base prices, season passes and microtransactions. Making gamers expect to see games more and more as platform to sell more things! So, conditioning people to accept mentioned business models, yes, brainwashing, no. It was just unfortunate that both Battlefront and Halo 5 fell for this, no doubt.

As for the people well, you mentioned part of it yourself, theyre trolls. And then theres the fanboys that take offense to any criticism of the game, the shills, the apologists etc, etc. In my experience, all communities have their share of these morons and thats just a fact we just have to deal with.

But, good on you for not buying these games if you didnt believe in them, more people should do the same.

Wow, this has actually nothing to do with the OP and not only that, theres wrong in that. Maybe you need to take a step back because for the most part I dont know what youre on about with all your points.

And you too OP, take a step back. I understand your frustration but, to say that EA and 343 are brainwashing people is crazy. However, I do believe that some publishers are conditioning people to things like, expecting less content in games for same base prices, season passes and microtransactions. Making gamers expect to see games more and more as platform to sell more things! So, conditioning people to accept mentioned business models, yes, brainwashing, no. It was just unfortunate that both Battlefront and Halo 5 fell for this, no doubt.

As for the people well, you mentioned part of it yourself, theyre trolls. And then theres the fanboys that take offense to any criticism of the game, the shills, the apologists etc, etc. In my experience, all communities have their share of these morons and thats just a fact we just have to deal with.

But, good on you for not buying these games if you didnt believe in them, more people should do the same.

Yes I forgot to put in the part I was referencing. My 4th point was based around the whole "people bash joe and say he sucks because they don't like his opinion of the game" shtick. Well he does actually kinda suck at it and theres nothing wrong with that. Just pointing out it is not entirely because they dislike his opinions. I'll go back and edit that in my post since even as I reread it, I was not very clear about it.

1. I like Halo 5. The campaign could have been a lot better but I really like the game and have a blast playing at the xbox one events. I feel it was worth the $90 investment (yes thats the price for base game in Canada :'( ). As for battlefront, I don't like it but other people seem to, so good for them.

2. If by "brainwashing" you mean "excellent marketing" (in terms of effectiveness), then yeah they want people to buy their product. Thats kinda why they spent all the money to make it. It is still the customers choice whether to buy it or not.

3. Multi-BILLION dollar corporations don't really give a fuck about joe or his opinion. They wouldnt waste the effort with a ddos on him. Was probably some random person that doesn't like him.

4. Joe actually, legitimately sucks at halo 5. He got placed in bronze which is the bottom of the ladder. I'm not great at halo and only got ranked in gold or platinum (the middle tiers) so far. To get bronze, you would have to lose 10 games in a row while not even getting a 0.5 K/D ratio in all of those 10 games. Even then you may get silver. (And yes I've played all the previous halo games, except ODST).

5. Everyone has a different purpose for joining the AJSA. Some are all gung-ho about videogame justice, and many just wanted to find new people to play games with.

6. "These people bashing joe or anyone else are either trolls, idiots... People brainwashed by EA...make sure no one says anything negative" Etc. wait so you can't have a different opinion than an internet critic? What you basically said there is that your not allowed to have a positive opinion of 343 and EA or their games, and if you do, your just brainwashed. U wot m8?

While I don't agree with a lot of what this guy said on... Some subjects, I will agree with some things. EA has fucked Battlefront up the anus, slaughtered it, then hung the corpse out for display, and 343 has dressed up Call of Duty in one of their Spartan Sue outfits and is calling it Halo. 

Neither company cares jack shit about the games they're making, only about the money it'll bring in to them. Neither game is awful, note, but they utterly crap all over the roots of both franchises. 

Then if they dont care we must make them care this is the point if everyone stopped buying their stuff they will reconsider and make the games better

Then if they dont care we must make them care this is the point if everyone stopped buying their stuff they will reconsider and make the games better

The problem is that that's not gonna work. There's simply too many people who are taken in by the marketing, are clueless casual gamers, or diehard rabid fans of the series that will buy the games no matter how awful the companies make it, and it's sad. They're basically destroying games we love and pointing and laughing at us. "HAHAHA silly gamers! We're destroying franchises you've treasured for years, and we'll get away with it too! And there's nothing you can do about it!" 

The saddest part? They're right. Halo 5 made millions, if I recall, and it made half a million off it's microtransactions. All within a week of launch. Battlefront probably made just as much. So not only are people buying these fucking travesties masquerading as videogames, they're commercially successful enough for companies to continue making these sorts of games. 

You might as well say a sad farewell to Halo, like I have. We'll never get it back. We won't be seeing any more of the old Battlefront games we knew and loved, either, and I'll bet you all the money I don't have the next one WILL have microtransactions. Exploitive, invasive microtransactions. And casual gamers and diehard Star Wars fans will buy them. And it'll be a commercial success. 

Welcome to modern games. How may we charge you out the ass? 

Raspharus and savagejoe444 like this

The problem is that that's not gonna work. There's simply too many people who are taken in by the marketing, are clueless casual gamers, or diehard rabid fans of the series that will buy the games no matter how awful the companies make it, and it's sad. They're basically destroying games we love and pointing and laughing at us. "HAHAHA silly gamers! We're destroying franchises you've treasured for years, and we'll get away with it too! And there's nothing you can do about it!" 

The saddest part? They're right. Halo 5 made millions, if I recall, and it made half a million off it's microtransactions. All within a week of launch. Battlefront probably made just as much. So not only are people buying these fucking travesties masquerading as videogames, they're commercially successful enough for companies to continue making these sorts of games. 

You might as well say a sad farewell to Halo, like I have. We'll never get it back. We won't be seeing any more of the old Battlefront games we knew and loved, either, and I'll bet you all the money I don't have the next one WILL have microtransactions. Exploitive, invasive microtransactions. And casual gamers and diehard Star Wars fans will buy them. And it'll be a commercial success. 

Welcome to modern games. How may we charge you out the ass? 

Surprisingly enough, Battlefront is now at 33% on origin including the Ultimate edition, so i believe they are losing money for now, they are hoping that TFA will boost the sales, but i REALLY hope that this is not the case.

Surprisingly enough, Battlefront is now at 33% on origin including the Ultimate edition, so i believe they are losing money for now, they are hoping that TFA will boost the sales, but i REALLY hope that this is not the case.

It's also around the time for holiday sales.

I actually prefer this game over Battlefront.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgsxDJ47ReQ&app=desktop

Not only are there 4 complete games, but you can dance with Han! And the Emperor!

And I am dead serious, this is awesome. I actually memorized the dances and have a good exercise with it.

I am so. Utterly. Wholeheartedly. Sorry.

YESSSSS serves them right i hope they get bankrupt 

thats because it didnt sell well on pc. Apparently pc players didnt take the bait this year.

I actually prefer this game over Battlefront.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgsxDJ47ReQ&app=desktop

Not only are there 4 complete games, but you can dance with Han! And the Emperor!

And I am dead serious, this is awesome. I actually memorized the dances and have a good exercise with it.

I am so. Utterly. Wholeheartedly. Sorry.

Kinect Star Wars was at least amusing with how ludicrous it was. Call of Star Wars: Battlefieldfront: Long Long Ago Warfare? Less so. 

thats because it didnt sell well on pc. Apparently pc players didnt take the bait this year.

Yeah, the numbers between the platforms are so drastic:

a15dafb043.jpg

It's a shame a lot of people took the bait though.

Yeah, the numbers between the platforms are so drastic:

a15dafb043.jpg

It's a shame a lot of people took the bait though.

This actually scares me a bit as well. Because you know what'll happen now. 

EA will sit on the licence and we'll never see another Battlefront game, which, while preferable to what they'd do to it if it WAS a success, is still a really sad prospect. 

Either we see Battlefront's desecrated corpse forced to dance for us on puppet strings for years, or we attend it's funeral. Neither is a very good option. 

I find this thread to be similar to those "Hate Call of Duty" Threads. Apparently, people who buy / like these games only did so because they were brainwashed. Sure Halo fanboys attacked Joe when he was criticizing the game. But that's because they're FANBOYS, not everyone who likes Halo 5 are going to be like that. Not everyone who plays these games are looking into these games' business models. Heck, not even all the people who bought Battlefront will be going out to buy the Season Pass. They're not wrong for liking what they like, they just do.

Joe has been DDOS'd even before these games came out, nothing new there. Just Joe haters which have been around since before these games.

Saying that the people who bought these games aren't real fans of Star Wars or Halo is one of the dumbest things I've heard:

Guys who have a Weekly Star Wars Podcast are excited for the game, and like it so they can't be Real Star Wars Fans:

Dude on the far left bought a PS4 just for the game as subsequent shows will show. He also started a group for fans of the show and who are playing the game to play together. Yep, those people aren't real Star Wars Fans at all. They're just brainwashed by EA it's not like they talk about Star Wars every week for seventy five weeks now.

YUP NOT REAL STAR WARS FANS so much so that they run a Star Wars Facebook Group. They're totally not real fans.

There are people who legitimately like it:

There are people in these very forums who like Halo 5 too. Oh, hey look, a thread about saying what's wrong with the Requisition System and how it can be fixed. Go ahead say these people were just brainwashed and aren't real Halo fans.

They're not marketing it for us who look into shady business models. I may not like this game, but I sure as hell aren't going to let other people bash people who do. People will like what they like for their own reasons. There are people who are legitimately having fun with these games, just because we don't like them, or just because Joe says these games are bad doesn't mean we have to jump on the hate train against these people. They're not forcing you to play these games, and unless you go up to them and shit on said games, they'll leave you alone. Some of them probably won't even mind if you didn't like the games.

I didn't buy Battlefront, and have no intentions of doing so. Halo 5 is still one of the reasons that I want to get an X1, and I'm most likely not going to touch the multiplayer for that just like with Halo 4. You can't even say that Fanboys aren't real fans, since by definition Fanboys are so die hard fans of what they like that they go to extremes.

The thread maker really has to stop jumping on poorly thought out bandwagons like his embarrassingly failed petition that proved he doesn't know how petitions work. Seeing most of his posts, he just says what he thinks we want to hear. It was clear that this was the case when he made the petition. He saw how things were going in this thread, and all of a sudden proudly posted that he made a petition against Battlefront.

Now he's rallying people because some people attacked Joe? Dude, the AJSA isn't your or even Joe's personal army. It's a community where people talk about games and play games together. Joe can handle himself against these people. Joe's not even telling anyone to go after those kinds of people. This community isn't Joe's personal Gamer Army, much less yours. Are you some sort of Joe Fanboy?

YESSSSS serves them right i hope they get bankrupt 

Not aware that if Battlefront or any new Battlefield game fails that EA will be fine, they'll just close down Dice I see.

Chumbry42 and Raizurhk like this

Now he's rallying people because some people attacked Joe? Dude, the AJSA isn't your or even Joe's personal army. It's a community where people talk about games and play games together. Joe can handle himself against these people. Joe's not even telling anyone to go after those kinds of people. This community isn't Joe's personal Gamer Army, much less yours. Are you some sort of Joe Fanboy?

i never said anyone had control of the community and i only like joe as a honest game reviewer thats it and if the AJSA only purpose is to play video games then it shouldnt even be called the angry army the logo shouldn't be never surrender there shouldn't be any corporate commander and all of the stuff that says that the angry army fights against the corrupted companies and video games shouldn't even exist by what joe and others keep saying from time to time

i never said anyone had control of the community and i only like joe as a honest game reviewer thats it and if the AJSA only purpose is to play video games then it shouldnt even be called the angry army the logo shouldn't be never surrender there shouldn't be any corporate commander and all of the stuff that says that the angry army fights against the corrupted companies and video games shouldn't even exist by what joe and others keep saying from time to time

AJSA Mission Statement:

We are first and foremost a Gaming Community. The New Angry Army, also known as the [AJSA], was formed to provide like minded gamers of all types a friendly environment where members can play together, discuss ideas, give game advice, and converse about any other aspect of gaming with other members. It is our hope through positive play, dialogue with developers through Angry Joe and other gaming clans that we can improve and enhance the games we play. With that said, the AJSA asks you conduct yourself in a civilized respectful manner when participating in and out of the AJSA community as by association you be seen to represent Angry Joe, Competitive AJSA E-sport teams, and the Greater Community as a whole.

You probably should've read this before signing up here.

Also your statement is contradicting itself. Saying that nobody should control the community, but you think that this community should rally behind Joe because he was attacked and act like the community's namesake. Angry Army is just a fun name Joe has for his fans, in the same way that Maximilian Dood calls his fans Dudes (or Doods). We are NOT an actual army at Joe's, or anybody for that matter, beck and call.

Seeing how this thread ended should do you well.

heres another example of how battlefront is a piece of crap 

Yes, we've established that it's a piece of crap for us who don't like the game. But people still have a RIGHT to enjoy it if they want to. People who like these games aren't wrong for liking it. In the same way that people who like Call of Duty have a right to, despite it having very little changes or additions in every iteration. We, who don't like this game have a RIGHT to not buy it. We don't have a right to tell people to stop buying what they want or enjoying what they do.

Chumbry42 and Raizurhk like this

The sales haven't exactly been "stellar" on consoles either:

Also the majority of the sales on console were disc based, which suggests more that it's more a case of the parents buying the game for their kids because of the movie release and Christmas presents rather than console gamers "foolishly taking the bait".

But the hype will soon die out and the Idiot DICE fanbase will soon be able to start dominating their enemy's with their FPS skills pay-to-win battlepacks in Battlefield 5.

PC gamers gave £30 million to Star Citizen again this year, so whatever it is you're trying to imply with that statement I suggest to re-think it.

savagejoe444, zawisz and Crazycrab like this

Please don't try to make this about consoles vs PC.

Believe me, I'm not. There are just certain points of view and statements born from them that are better off kept to oneself at times.

Believe me, I'm not. There are just certain points of view and statements born from them that are better off kept to oneself at times.

What statements? I didnt imply that console gamers are stupid for buying or whatever. I just stated what I knew. I talked with a lot of my friends about this game(pc gamers themselves) and they gave their opinion on this, and trust me they don't view the game as the best thing ever.

Do you feel the need to defend some category of gamers? Do you feel the need to rethink everything that someone says? I said this about the PC because I dont own a console, and I dont know anything about the market. Hell, the game may have been sold badly on consoles too. So? If i dont know anything about it can I give my opinion on it? 

Also don't start up with Star Citizen, when people have clearly stated in this thread that we pay for what we enjoy, even though that is not what the majority enjoys.

The game might've sold better on consoles because of the bundle. I have seen plenty of "christmas console bundles" that had either 1 or 2 games, most of the time Battlefront being with them. That may be an explanation.

Not having played Halo 5 or Battlefront kinda invalidates your opinion if you ask me. Your pretty much saying the games suck because some guy on youtube said they do.  This is whats wrong with the gaming community right now people refuse to make their own opinion on something and just go with the most widely accepted one instead.

Ok Battlefront does suck in a big way BUT it still caters to hardcore starwars fans which is what it set out to do.

343 have done a great job with Halo 5 just like they did with Halo 4 and most of reach,  Ok this time around the story is pretty meh and was completely obvious how it was going to end.  But all the core things that a halo game needs is right there as it should be.  

Ofcourse these are just my opinions but these are coming from someone who has actually played said games.

And i think somebody completely missed Shaggers point.