• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Zeks Elden

Discussion about Support Annie

25 posts in this topic

So ever since worlds, and maybe a little bit before it, support Annie has become a common thing to see and played with.  For the most part she gets compared to Sona who i think is probably the most popular Support by most pro players and by myself personally, that being said how good actually is Support Annie? For the most part I can understand her amazing lane phase but she seems to fall off mid and late game, unlike sona who can at least provide her team with buffs, slows, and damage reduction.

What do you guys think? Does Annie have a place as a full time support now that her potential there has been tested? or do you think she is a niche pick based on the Current Meta enviorment?

I would say niche pick based on what i have seen, however i have not personal experience with her in the support role.

I think she does. She has 2 insane stuns which can be used really well all game and her spells aren't aimed their casted. She is a legitimate support in my opinion

To me its a Gimmick but I'm one of those people who jungle leona

She will only shine late game if you spec into Flash CD reduction (In-game items and masteries.) This will give you around 180(?) seconds on Flash instead of 5 minutes. I like her over Sona, because it's a lot harder to flash out of Annie's tibbers than Sona's crescendo. Late game/end game support Annie's full burst will take a level 18 Ashe to 60%-70%, so it is crucial to have your Assassin or Bruiser with you when you initiate.

Annie support is really strong. Her CC doesn't require items to be effective and her level 18 burst without items is still around the 1000 damage mark. She is viable and has a very strong lane presence when she sits on a stun.

(DISCLAIMER I DON'T KNOW THE NEW META) I think it is just stupid because there support that can do her job better, annie is not going to be so effective because she needs ap items to actually deal damage. Yes she does have the stuns but leona has stuns and other supports have slows and snares. Lets nor forget sona with the best ultimate in the game! I just don't like it.

Annie at the moment is insanely strong. Just like Zyra before her, she is meant to be a control mage but has way too much CC and poke. She is viable in more ways than one - she can initiate( flash Tibbers ), poke ( fireballs ), has a stun almost on demand ( kinda like Taric, but with all spells but E, and it's even AoE ) and has insane level 6 burst ( I keep losing to her because she simply melts me, the ADC, without the enemy ADC even fighting ). Her only problem is that she's kinda squishy early on in the game, but she's everything a good support should be, and I think Riot will ground her and send her into the "NERFED" corner the next couple of patches. Basically does Sona's poke, Taric's CC and Blitz's lvl 6 burst. Truly terrifying.

Passive stacking and range prevent them to be bored by the passive play. Decent non-items damage. Also, stuns galore and Tibbers-I-kill-you-or-dive-you are good points.

The way i play Annie support is very make it or break it. I use 21-9 masteries going for the flat AD bonuses and 15 AD runes, armor and AP blues to maximise her poke potential with her immense AA range which is 625 ( that's 25 less than Cait which has the longest range at level 1).

With this set up, i get 70 ~ AD which is about the same as an adc with a doran's blade at level 1. Get W at start get passive and keep it ready to explode on the ennemy adc if he gets hit too many times by your AA harass flash + W + ignite + AA should finish him off. Sometimes i can solo the lane if they have a melee support like Leona she just cant get close before level 3 so you keep her hp low at all times with your artillery range AAs. If your adc isn't brain dead and actually help you harass/poke you should get first blood at level 1-2 and snowball the lane from there.

To execute this strategy it is important to start with at least 1 pink ward (i use 2) to gain bush control so even if you dont get kills your adc is free farming while you harass.

If you get Ganked , something goes wrong, you get killed because you got poked too often or whatever, it gets a lot harder to execute because you will lose bush control and the longer the game goes on the lesser the damage of your AAs will be comparatively to their HP. So you get stuck in a defensive position where you use your passive to disengage their engages and barely harass anymore.

So in my experience i can say that if you got a competent AND aggressive adc Annie can snowball the lane extremely hard but her power wanes off rather quickly especially if you dont get kills (and some ap items/level advantage). In teamfights your only utility comes in your flash + ult engage or ult disengage ( i prefer the later)  and good damage (Liandry's torment is procced by tibbers fire aura, if he's not focused in teamfights he does a hell of a lot of damage).

All in all i think Annie is a very viable pick if you know what you're doing, she won't be as versatile as sona but her power is very much more focused on offense. I believe S4 will help this type of support to stay relevant all game so expect to see a lot more assassins/mages supports in the upcoming meta!

Annie seems to be most effective in lane at level 6, but she falls off hard if she can't keep the gold coming in. She will be a lot more viable next season when supports have decent gold income. Nothing scarier then being bursted down to 30% by the support alone in lane!

Annie is a very good support in my opinion. I used her sometimes before I knew that it was quite common in China.

She's very gimmicky. From what I've played with her, she needs to pull ahead quickly, because of she loses lane. She pretty much becomes a walking stun with no damage to follow it.

Strong supports tend to be the ones that benefit to the team no matter the outcome of laning, Champions such as Janna, Thresh and to a lesser degree, Lulu, Sona and Leona. Annie was made to burst entire teams with her AOE and Stun, if she supports, she will need to win hard and get 12K~ Gold to make a serious impact.

Annie + sivir combo is the best right now. I run flat AD reds, flat AP quins, flat armor yellows and flat MR blues. For masteries I run 1/9/21.

You can easily aa harras, and sivir will easily land her Q as a follow up from the stun. You can zone enemy adc so hard, while putting out nice pressure. The all-in potential from annie, with the chase potential from sivir just means you will devastate the enemy bot lane. Any counter engage is negated by sivir's shield and annie's second stun. There's just no way in breaking it.

For masteries I run 1/9/21.

how did you get 31 mastery points?

how did you get 31 mastery points?

It's Fizz's hidden passive, Trickster... Happens once in a blue moon.

Annie is probably just a gimicky Support... But she does it great, and the initial confussion is great... I've never played her like that myself, but I've gone against her more than once, and honestly, I usually run the other way when I see Annie botlane. I like Leona, I play her when I can, but my problem is with Annie that I jump in, she throws Tibbers in my face and My Marskman runs away because I'm already under half HP... Horrible... Utterly like a Nightmare, that little girl is, but she is a good support for ADC/Marskmen who are lacking in lock-down potential.

Annie support is the most regular thing to find in the last few days and the only thing I know is that it is really annoying! Truth is that now gold isn't a problem for supp players and you can build them really easier so playing annie supp isn't such a bad idea... On the other hand she doesn't have any heal or buff to provide the team with so you must be careful with your build, depending on the game situation. ^^

I HATE support annie and support nid.. they are not straight support characters, dont get me wrong they can play the role but so often i get support annie or nid that build damage items and are not really playing a support role, its a secret Ap carry which is annoying. I would much rather take a leona, taric, sona, or nami (i dont want to name all of them) over an annie support. Everyone should learn at least one real support before playing ranked so we dont get Ap carries in support roles.

The Annie Support concept is pretty good,but its not good in the actual game,there're so many better support champs out there,why torture your lane by picking Annie

Interesting subject. 

I have been seeing her in the support role, for some time now and at first i was like "Why?" But when i started to play ADC (i usually hang out in top, so i dont always keep a eye on bot) with a annie i started to see what the fuzz was all about.So i came up with a CON/PRO list on what i think about Annie Support

PROS:
- She have a "auto-hit-stun" which in my opinion is a lot stronger than most supports skills shot stuns/hooks. When she wants to engage she will stun you
- She have a shield that makes the ADC not want to hit her cause she will take damage in doing so and Annie gains armor which lowers the ADC's damage on her, which is flatout better than Leona's W out of teamfights
- She have Huge Damage potential, kinda like when people build support lux, you mainly go damage items.
- Tibbers. Really.. A Full teamhit-stun-tibbers is DEVASTATING just like a Sona Cresendo, The only difference is that tibbers hit a smaller area, but lands INSTANTLY, This makes for some Frightning brush ganks.
- Tibbers again: He can tank turrets if need be!

CONS:
- Annie have no heal, (i am aware that other supports dont, but that is still a con for all of them) which means the lane lacks Sustainability. 
- She is very item dependant. A Annie without AP items, is not much of a threat in the teamfight and late game.
- Stun Wind-up time. She probably have the longest Stun wind-up time, since she need to cast other spells for it to be ready. If she misses that stun, by accidently Q'ing a minion in lane or Miss casting tibbers in wrong area, The fight can easily turn in the enemies favor. 
- Low utility. She got no gab-closers unless you count flash, she can't buff her teammates and if she gets caught, she have no means of escape. She is a Balls-to-the-walls Damage support.

This is of course my personal opinion and others might feel different about her in certain aspects. 

TL;DR: She is a strong High-burst damage Support with a "always hit-stun" But lacks utility, Kind of like lux. All in all a Viable Support. 

Her only think she has going for her as a support is her stun really. but she can get the ADC really fed early because of it and then pretty much make it GG.

One of the things that make her really good in comparison is that her stun can be rotated very fast with all four abilities and CD, and they essentially can all be AoE stuns because of W.  It also makes her level 1 and invade ridiculously powerful.  With the changes to support, she's even more viable now because she can buy more damage/tanky items to fight and stay alive.

annie is so strong because of her dmg thats it imo

What is so hard to understand about support annie? She has the most reliable aoe stun. There's no reacting to tibbers. She can also get a second aoe stun after that in 8 sec with no cd reduction. Annie is also very powerful early game. She has extremely long auto attack range. Being a mage, the base damage on her spells are pretty good. She can chunk down the squishy enemy adc or support pretty easily. Molten shield allows her to win early trades. She's probably the most powerful offensive support right now which fits the asian meta.