• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

WeLiVeR

Have You Ever Been Banned

33 posts in this topic

I thought this would make a cool general thread, hopefully it's not against the rules... (I swear I use to know all of them, it's been awhile though.)

Have you ever been banned from any game? List the game and the Reason.

Myself, the only game I've ever been banned from is Dark Souls 2 SotFS, when all the bans were going out.

I personally think I was justified because I did hack quite often, small things like Cracked Red Eye Orbs, I always did it offline, though.

Once I hacked a character's name because I hated it, iMage, my mage only character.

Anways, Cheers!

Got banned from xbox live for a few days once for "Trash talking and negative communications" while playing black ops 2.  I wasn't even in game chat...

WeLiVeR likes this

Got banned from WOW just for a little bit because someone hacked into my account and tried to move all of my gold to another account to sell to a gold farming site and Blizzard accused me of trying to sell the gold and I wasn't actively playing WOW at the time so I didn't even know that I was hacked. Anyway, I went back to playing WOW quite a while after this happened only to find that I was banned so I had to call Blizzard to sort out the mess which thankfully they did a pretty good job of doing. 

Well, I get people banned once they went out of line and decide to fuck with me. I don't do something that will get me banned.

Aeria's stupid auto-ban thing on accounts if you aren't active enough. I played a few of their shitty MMO's a few times, laughed at them, moved on to other things. Recently discovered that my account had been banned and I'd have to go through a whole bunch of hassle and bullshit if I wanted to laugh at one of their shit games on stream. 

Needless to say I wasn't too overly perturbed. 

Nope. But I got an e-mail from Blizzard to verify that I was the one logging into my account for WoW. I didn't pay it any mind since I thought it was some sort of phishing attempt as I wasn't playing and haven't played WoW for a while when I got it. Now I can't use my old WoW account anymore if I started playing it again. Unless I guess if I contacted them or something.

I was banned from playing with my friends in 007 Goldeneye once because I never recognized teams and shot anyone I saw, friend or foe.

Yeah, I'm not sure tbh... I never got banned from a game while I was playing it, but one time my wow account was hijacked by someone after I STOPPED playing it (or touching any form of blizzard site for over an effing year)... not sure how it got hijacked if I never touched a blizzard game, blizzard updater, or website for so long =/

Anyway I got that account back after much much MUCH difficulty with customer support (they're much better now, but before I had to repeat myself like 20 times to the damn staff who couldn't understand english or something (not literally obviously), I don't know what that guy's problem was, each time took a week long to reply, etc). It may have been banned during that process.. not sure.

I used to get banned for using aimbots and wallhacks back in 2006 when I was playing CS 1.6 in cracked servers. 

Admins actually had a command called "destroy" that basically restarted your pc, screwed up your cs, and your registry files. Tough shit mane.

I got banned once in css for "being a bad ct" on a jailbreak server. And i got banned on Xlive for having a cracked xbox360. (But i had it for years so i think i just got banned because i played Halo 4 before release date lel)

Sub Topic:

Who should of been banned, but just never has gotten caught? ;)

Well I did get band from here once because the mods thought I was one of these guys.

2161_press11-001.jpg

Sub Topic:

Who should of been banned, but just never has gotten caught?  ;)

Of course I should have been caught and banned because I'm actually this guy.

JarJarTongue-BlastOff.jpg

Got perma banned from Css for using hacks.  First time i had ever used any too and it was more down to curiosity then actually needing them.  Having to buy another copy of the game was all the lesson i needed to never use hacks again.

Got perma banned from Css for using hacks.  First time i had ever used any too and it was more down to curiosity then actually needing them.  Having to buy another copy of the game was all the lesson i needed to never use hacks again.

m8 once you try the private servers you can never go back 

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

I got banned a few times for 14 days at a time in the Escapist forums. Biggest one was when I called Yahtzee out on his bullshit when he went through this really crap phase several years ago when he just shat on anything for no reason. He got better after a while but for a good month or so it was really noticeable.

Anyway, I got banned because I said "Fuck you are so 1 dimensional" instead of "fuck, you are so 1 dimensional". I'm guessing a mod or a bot or something picked up my post for saying F you instead of using the swear as an exclamation which is what I was intending. Punctuation matters, kids. Insert Zero Punctuation pun here.

Raspharus likes this

Never banned or suspended from a game or website. 11 years and over 20,000 posts on Gamespot I think I got what would here be a 0 point verbal warning for posting a spoiler to a four year old game in a thread about the game's story and for trolling when I had multiple tabs open and posted something to the wrong console forum.

Banned from Polygon because the author of a Bloodborne DLC article couldn't take criticism. He calls himself a fan of Souls game and yet he complained that the DLC wasn't available at the get go and didn't want to play a new game or NG+ even though it would have only taken him a couple hours to reach. The last line in my response was basically me calling him lazy without actually saying it.

My response came after the die hard fans of the game flamed the crap out of him, so he must have had enough and went off on everyone. Whatever.