• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Forgewolf

Picked up a digital copy of Witcher 3. Tips, anything?

9 posts in this topic

I love that the Developers even gave out some free DLC to go with the base game. $25 for a game rated highly feels like a steal to me. Tips or advice?

be patient in combat if you try to attack without thinking you may find yourself dying a lot. also invest in oils and potions they will save your ass more than once. hope this was helpful and good luck out their witcher.

be patient in combat if you try to attack without thinking you may find yourself dying a lot. also invest in oils and potions they will save your ass more than once. hope this was helpful and good luck out their witcher.

Got it. I like how you have to think more in combat. It's not mindless hack and slash.. but I hate those encounters that make it feel like you have to hack and slash because you have 6 on one and can't respond fast enough : (

another important note: use the codex or bestiary (as its called in the game) it provides you with information on your quarry like what oils, signs, and other items are effective and some basic tips and information on the creatures themselves. also don't underestimate the human guards they can tear through you just as quick as any monster (trust me ive died to them more than ive died to monsters). all in all just study and practice your tactics and you should do fine. (and loot get that sweet sweet loot).

yeah it pays to study (its almost like your actuallyy in there world) even for monsters I've killed a million times i still need to check every now and again, also oils, and even the weakest enemies like drowners are very dangerous also the first boss is kind of a challenge. but if your like me and you get good enough you'll be able to recognize monsters using your witcher senses just by the sounds they make.

My only issue now thus far is that I can't afford to spend my crowns on anything. :(.. Why must I feel poor the whole time playing?

My tips: 

1- take your time with combat , don't rush fighting, especially bosses 

2 - save your crowns , use them for food and drinks and repairing items 

3 - craft stuff, bombs are very useful while You're in a group of enemies, oils are very helpful while fighting bosses  

yah youll feel poor for a time but dont worry once your at a decent level and have some fair equipment you can complete witcher contracts. youll start to gain money and be able to afford most items also keep an eye out for treasure sites and smuggler drop sites its a good way to gain quick cash as well as some decent equipement. be warned though monster like to guard those locations

My tips: 

1- take your time with combat , don't rush fighting, especially bosses 

2 - save your crowns , use them for food and drinks and repairing items 

3 - craft stuff, bombs are very useful while You're in a group of enemies, oils are very helpful while fighting bosses  

Good to know. So the shops that sell equipment are scammers? xD