• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smash

final fantasy a realm reborn worth it or not

8 posts in this topic

hey guys so i was looking through the psn store and noticed that a realm reborn was 20 dollars and was wondering if this was a good game to get into. now i know its an mmo and it has a subscription but i just wanted to get your opinions on the game and see if its worth looking into more or not. 

P.S the only mmo game ive played is guild wars 2 so i may not be familiar with all mmo lingo so apologizes if i ask you to elaborate on somethings. anyway thanks to anyone who contributes to this.  :)

Buying the base game now is maybe not worth it unless you intend to get the expansion also.  I say this because there may not be many people playing the old content (unless ofcourse you get into a group)

There is still LOOOOAAAADS of stuff you can do on your own but only you can decide wether it is worth the subscription cost.

Me personally i spend all my time cooking and fishing so i can still have fun in the base game (cant bring myself to basically pay for the game again just for the expansion)

If you want one of the better FF stories, this is a great narrative. The down side is the slog of moment to moment game play and the lack of content near end game for grinding out the last few levels. 

If you have the time to put into it the game is really great, one of the best MMO's currently avalible in my opinion.

Having said that the grind can get a little annoying at times and the later dungeons that require 8 players are really difficult unless you find yourself a good group.

It's worth it if you don't mind the grind. Some things can take forever to complete.

i hear grind alot are we talking destiny/warframe grind times or better ,worse grind times

i hear grind alot are we talking destiny/warframe grind times or better ,worse grind times

Better then Destiny but not as bad as Warframe.

I had a great time when I first played. I got it on release and befriended quite a few people.

The game is great but the communities just feel better than in WoW or other MMO's I've played. That being said the AJSA is dispersed over multiple servers. The official server is Jenova but there are only a few of us and I tend to log in every week just for some catch up.