• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Legolas_Katarn

Games Beaten By the AJSA (2016)

442 posts in this topic

Game: Quake 4 

Time: 9 hours

I never quite understood why this game got so much hate, sure it's not similar to the other games, but it is still fun to play. 

It still looks good today, it runs on a modified Doom 3 engine.

The atmosphere is awesome in the game as it actually manages to creep me out even more than Doom 3 ever did.

There are some nasty SFX's that plays during the game, combined with all the gore it suits the game really well

Combining that by playing on the hardest difficulty, where all the enemies can kill you in a matter of seconds, then the game becomes quite unnerving and tense

Pretty sure there were a small inspiration from H.R. Geiger somewhere in here (at least in the background) as man and machine are put together in unimaginable ways and machines that works mysteriously and without a known purpose

As seen in the picture below

F2k1aDs.jpg

I would recommend getting the game

Kane agrees too

T2dyduk.jpg

Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition

Platform: PC

Playtime: 20 Hours according to Steam

If anyone wants to watch the playthrough, I'm posting the episodes in this thread: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/forums/topic/35232-ori-and-the-blind-forest-definitive-edition-mr-e-meatshield-plays/

This is a beautiful game with equally glorious music. The challenge of this game really took me by surprise. Coming off from Dark Souls 3, and going into this game, I was expecting to breeze through it. But as you'll see from my videos, that was clearly not the case. The level design is pretty good, with all the platforming and puzzles that you have to go through. It was pretty difficult the first time through (more on that in a bit) when I didn't know what to do or where to go. But when I figured out what the game wanted of me, it was just a matter of doing it, and boy did I fail a bunch trying to do so.

I basically played through this game twice, because I lost some footage yesterday. Video explaining what happened is also in that thread. Though the second time around, I played on Easy, and switched back to Normal when I got back to the point that I needed. Technically, I already saw the ending on Monday, but I didn't get to do the parts they added for the Definitive Edition then. The new areas they added does show a bit more story for one of the characters, as well as two new skills.

It's a real tragedy that this is an exclusive game. More people have to play this.

Game: The heat of war 

Time: Too much time

Playing The Heat of war is like being kicked in the ballsack multiple times.

The graphics are poor for a game that came out in 2006 and reminds me of something from 2001 

The animation (or lack thereof) is terrible and those animations which are, are laughable. 

The soundtrack is a mess as the music plays and stops at random and cuts.

at least the game is somewhat short

Game: Quake II: The Reckoning

Play Time: 3.5 hrs

Overall, The Reckoning is a solid expansion for Quake II. Level design is pretty good and the few new enemies introduced here are interesting and fun. The difficulty spiked oddly around the halfway point, though (either that or I suddenly sucked temporarily), but it didn't detract too much from the rest of the experience.

Rating: 4/5 stars

Completed: Total War: Warhammer

Total War WARHAMMER is as close to the tabletop game as the Warhammer games have gotten in some time, allowing you to pit large armies of your factions troops, heroes, and lords against your enemies. The base game allows you to play as the Empire, Orcs, Vampire Counts, and Dwarves, with the forces of Chaos appearing the campaign and being DLC and Bretonnia appearing in the campaign and custom battles with their own unique units. Choosing one of the factions in the campaign allows you to select between one of two legendary lords, one of three for Chaos, to get some extra units and bonuses to start with, each lord also has some unique abilities they can learn as they level up and quest actions and battles to complete for unique items. Each faction has objective goals for a short or long campaign, though in some cases the objectives don't make much of a difference, that can include wiping out other factions, fighting off the forces of Chaos, or controlling provinces though occupation, vassals, or alliances.

Each of the four main factions has their own gameplay style in the campaign, the Empire feels like a more classic Total War faction without many supernatural creatures until you get their best units and with a playstyle that also fits more with the usual Total War faction. The Dwarves fill a book with grudges when another faction does something against them and much of their gameplay involves destroying those that have wronged you, giving the faction a more defensive feel until it is time for payback. The Vampires corrupt the land around them making it easier for them to travel and more difficult for their opponents, they can resurrect fallen units, get better units on the sites of large battles, and instead of having their units run away they take damage over time as the magic keeping them together is used up. Orcs society revolves around constant war, fighting and winning battles keeps them happy and if done enough can reward you with additional free armies. If you purchase the Chaos faction they also have some unique mechanics behind them.

Each faction gets their own unique units, with very few of them ever becoming completely useless over time as research or a lord's skills can strength them and needing to field units that can fight armored, unarmored, infantry, or large units can cause you to field either a variety of troops or certain troops against certain armies and factions (Dwarves tend to have a lot of armored units, Bretonnia has cavalry that also counts as large units, Vampires might field a lot of flying units or zombie fodder that they can resurrect). Factions handle technology upgrades in different ways, their heroes will have different active abilities they can use in your province or in your enemies, and each hero can potentially be made into a powerful combatant, support unit, or spellcaster when added to a lord's army.

On the negative side some gameplay aspects not explained, some are explained poorly, and some features are difficult to spot. These include a lack of an explanation on offensive magic, it's difficult to see how to to switch lords of an active army (you can do it it just isn't in the place that makes sense), that most units attack at the same speed but certain units attack slower meaning that you have hidden stats to think about when forming an army, etc. They have also continued to use their annoying wiki system to give you information, where if you right click something a small window of their online wiki comes up, this usually doesn't tell you much, requires the internet, sometimes doesn't work even if the internet is working, and requires it to load when it could have just been replaced by an instant static image.

Good use of the Total War and Warhammer license.

Game: Mirror's Edge 

Time: 4 hours

The game is both good and bad 

Parkour in the game, although clunky is the fun part of the game

It is set up as puzzles troughout the game that you have yo navigate the level in order to proceed

the bad park is the combat, which really is not good. 

There is not too much focus on the story imo and it just suddenly ends without no real ending

overall enjoyed it though

71) 1979 Revolution: Black Friday

This game borrows from Telltale's gameplay so much. Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us you know what I mean. It's the same game as those, right down to your choices that doesn't matter at all in the end. Difference is this game has an operation minigame where you treat injured people, and this game is based on real event in 1979 Iran where there's a complete asshole leader and everyone revolt against him. And the people in game are based on real people, there's even a bunch of photographs and videos of these people in real life. Pretty cool.

Too bad the ending of this game is another one of those "Halo 2 syndrome" ending where it's a cliffhanger. Hate that shit.

72) Gun Done

It's a wild west duel game where you have to play different minigames depending on which enemies you fight. There's even Saitama from One Punch Man, and his minigame involves killing his mortal enemy before you can even shoot him: mosquitoes. There's a bunch of other characters ripped straight from various games, movies and tv shows. It's a really fast paced fun game.

Game: It Moves

Play Time: an hour...ish

This one is a horror game, apparently made in RPG Maker. Gotta admit, for an RPG Maker horror game, the atmosphere in this game is surprisingly tense, although the game isn't scary per se. Either way, the visuals and audio are both great and compliment the atmosphere flawlessly. Gameplay is fairly straightforward, but there are a few puzzles. As far as the puzzles go, they're simple enough but interesting.

Katamari Damacy (PS2)

This is a very Japanese game. The story goes that the King of All Cosmos got drunk one night and destroyed every star in the galaxy and the Moon. He then tells you, the Prince, to go out with a Katamari ball and roll up whatever is needed to restore the stars to their former position, while J-pop blasts through the speakers.

The game uses tank controls to move the Katamari, which can take some time to get used to but allows for a large field of movement. As you pick up stuff the ball will get bigger and bigger until eventually you can roll up entire islands. There are also secondary objectives like collecting presents left by the King, and gathering certain items to recreate the constellations.

Forgot to add these two

Completed: Neon Space

Neon Space is a space game with a simple art style that has you attempting to maneuver your small ship into all of the circles in the environment to pass the stage. You will need to avoid projectiles and obstacles, at times moving quickly while hitting timed switches, to progress. You have to make use of your abilities to slow down time and to teleport forward through obstacles to get through some areas or to complete stages faster. It has a nice soundtrack and lets you cycle through the music as you play. Short and cheap game that can entertain you for a little while.

Completed: Survive in Space

A cheap and ok shoot em up with more effort put into making a story than you would expect from the genre.

Completed: Uncharted Drake's Fortune

Time: 20-30hrs

PS4

You can complete the main story in 5hrs but I'm trying to get platinum trophy. I have The Nathan Drake Collection so I'll be playing all the first 3 games. 

This is an amazing game for 2007 and the remastered looks good. Its fun earning all the treasures and trophies and perks etc. There's 22 chapters in all. I completed the game on Crushing difficulty, and unlocked Brutal difficulty and fuck that, way too hard haha. 

Completed: Resident Evil 7 Demo Teaser

Time: 1hr

Platform: PS4

This demo scared the tits off of me. Super ominous but i think its only on ps4 right now. Definitely recommend. It also has multiple endings as well so that's cool!

On 6/28/2016 at 9:38 PM, Kaz32 said:

73) Dead by Daylight

Man, I want to like this game. Basically you either play as a bunch of survivors running away from a serial killer, or the serial killer. You kill everyone when you're the killer, and you try to escape when you're the survivors. Problem with this game: there's no story mode, it's all multiplayer only, I can't get a lot of matched for some reason, the awful lags when playing, and this game scared the hell out of me not because it's scary, but because while I was playing the game, something causes my laptop to freeze and crash with the loudest sound ever that I'm afraid if I play this game again my computer will die. So that's a sign for me to say "fuck it" and delete this game immediately. Scary stuff.

So how exactly does this qualify as a game that can be beaten?

So how exactly does this qualify as a game that can be beaten?

Yeah, the game not working for you and crashing isn't beating it or playing the online mode enough for it to be considered beaten.

Completed: Resident Evil 7 Demo Teaser

Added you to the list with your other game but I don't count demos towards the list.

On 7/4/2016 at 1:58 PM, Legolas_Katarn said:

Yeah, the game not working for you and crashing isn't beating it or playing the online mode enough for it to be considered beaten.

Hm, I'm guessing you're talking to me? Because I ignored meatshield so I have no clue what's happening, and then I saw my games completed number go down to 72 so I am sure that's the case. Ah well, I completed another game anyway.

73) Zero Time Dilemma

A great end to the fantastic Zero Escape series. Anyone that has played 999 or Virtue's Last Reward should check out this conclusion. Just as mindbending as before, and will leave your brain scattered to pieces because of the awesome twists.

Fun fact: the publisher of this game is also the dev of the Dangan Ronpa series, yet another fantastic game series. And Dangan Ronpa V3 is coming later this year. In japan.

Curse you japan. You almost always have all the good stuff for the rest of the world late. Ah well, at least there's the Dangan Ronpa 3 anime this month.

Game: Momodora III

Play Time: 1 hour

A fairly cute-looking 2D platformer with pleasing and colorful pixel-art visuals. Controls are tight, and gameplay is fairly straightforward and basic, movement being limited to jumping and attacking. There's also a shop system with "upgrades" and Metroidvania-style warp points, though. Soundtrack is pleasingly atmospheric. Only gripe I have is that the 3rd form of the final boss can more or less be hammered down without concern.

I don't want to focus on this too long, as we should be just putting down games we've collective destroyed like Doom Joe destroys demons :doomjoe:

However, may I suggest putting a section in the original post about early access games? Seeing how Dead by Daylight is out currently however falls under that veil of early titles. These games are by the definition incomplete and will always be updated and changed until they are finally released. Posting placing Beta's, Alpha's, and Demo's of games under this as well.

Dropsy - PC - 7 Hours

Playthrough videos here: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/forums/topic/35464-dropsy-mr-e-meatshield-plays/

Quirky little point-and-click from Devolver. Not a lot of those kinds of games anymore. This was more like the older adventure games like Monkey Island, but not as complex. Unique art style, and interesting character designs. The music is also pretty good. Not sure if it can be called chiptune, but there's also different kinds of tracks in that style. Story's also pretty decent. Some nice, sorta funny moments coupled with touching ones. Devolver went out to make a Hugventure, and they delivered.

On 5/7/2016 at 2:55 PM, Kaz32 said:

Hm, I'm guessing you're talking to me? Because I ignored meatshield so I have no clue what's happening, and then I saw my games completed number go down to 72 so I am sure that's the case.

Why would you be ignoring Meatshield when he asked you a simple question ?

29 minutes ago, Alexander452 said:

He ignored me before that. He basically doesn't like it when someone points out he's wrong or disagrees with him. So he prefers to be in his little bubble.

Alexander452 likes this

Just now, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

He ignored me before that. He basically doesn't like it when someone points out he's wrong or disagrees with him.

Copied from his profile 

"What I don't like are people that are just rotten on the inside. You know the kinds, the ones that only think about themselves and disregards everyone's opinions and think they're the ones more important than anyone else "

OH THE IRONY

8 minutes ago, Alexander452 said:

Copied from his profile 

"What I don't like are people that are just rotten on the inside. You know the kinds, the ones that only think about themselves and disregards everyone's opinions and think they're the ones more important than anyone else "

OH THE IRONY

Yeah, he basically twists things to come out that he's right too. Irony indeed. But, he's happy, and that's not the thread for this.

6 hours ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

Yeah, he basically twists things to come out that he's right too. Irony indeed. But, he's happy, and that's not the thread for this.

i Agreee

Game: Call Of Duty 2 on veteran difficulty

Time:10 hours

a bit rough around the edges, but still looks good and the gameplay is good.

The endless spawning enemies in some instances are a tedious though 

and i find it odd that they made most of the German soldiers fat, as an insult maybe ?

One annoying thing i noticed is that the enemy AI prioritizes the player over the friendly AI, meaning that you will be shot at more if the enemy can see both you and some friendly AI

besides the bad parts i still had fun

The Wolf Among Us

PC - 8 Hours

Anyone interested in watching me play through the game can go here: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/forums/topic/35496-the-wolf-among-us-mr-e-meatshield-plays/?do=getNewComment

Being the fourth Telltale game that I've played, I'd have to say that I liked this better than The Walking Dead. Just like The Walking Dead, having the source material be a comic works pretty well for the visuals. The gameplay is the same as The Walking Dead, but the story, I find is something I enjoyed more here. The game even got me to look up some of the characters to see if they were made specifically for the game or if  they're real Fairy Tale characters. It also got me wanting to read the source material even if it probably won't have anything to do with the game besides the characters.

Telltale even set everything up for a second season, and the stuff that happened in the end hand me wondering what would happen if one came out.

On 7 July 2016 at 4:41 PM, Alexander452 said:

It's a long story. Basically in the past he kept on being a smartass to me a lot of times from the simplest of stuff, and it got to the point where I just notice he will keep on doing that over and over again every time I say something and in the process this creates really stupid unnecessary dramas that everyone doesn't freaking need. 

Like for example: repeating Dark Souls 3 has a glitch in the beginning hub point where there's a trick you can do if you jump on a tree root to get to the roof. I don't think it's a glitch because it's still there even today, but this guy kept on saying "Oh that's a glitch, the INTENDED way to get to the roof is to use the key". I did say "ok, maybe it is a glitch, but right now it's still in the game, so knowing From Software, I think they put it there on purpose." But this guy kept on saying "OH IT'S A GLITCH, THE INTENDED WAY TO GET TO THE ROOF IS TO USE THE KEY". So then I said "so what?? Why do you care so much about this? It's still a way to get to the roof, so what's the big deal??" And he just kept repeating that same stuff. Just drop the subject and move on!

So rather than risking creating dramas again, ignoring him is the best option available. And it's one of the best things I have ever done. No more headaches for me and everyone else who had the displeasure of looking at us bicker like children.

Oh yes, and this is true.

"What I don't like are people that are just rotten on the inside. You know the kinds, the ones that only think about themselves and disregards everyone's opinions and think they're the ones more important than anyone else "

What I meant by this statement is those people that are, well, assholes that are dicks to everyone. Like those people that are being stupid and post one sided hate threads in the past and they got banned because of that crap. 

Meatshield is not rotten. He's just really annoying. I'm fine with people disagreeing with me, but I'm not fine if they kept on forcing what they think is right over and over again, even though the right thing is to stop it and move on.

Meatshield, I told you before, just ignore me. That way we both won't get headaches from disagreeing with each other. I don't want anymore dramas. It's embarrassing and completely pointless.

Alright, that's enough derailment. Time to go back on track.

74) Furi

A boss rush game, 10, or maybe 12 awesome battles, accompanied by a REALLY good soundtrack. Here's some samples

I have so much damn fun with this game, that I immediately play this game again on the much harder difficulty, and beat it again. Freaking tough as hell, but it is really damn fun.