• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Legolas_Katarn

Games Beaten By the AJSA (2016)

442 posts in this topic

Game: The Novelist

Platform: PC

Play Time: 1.7 hrs

The Novelist tells the story of a - well, novelist - and his family through a series of struggles. The story was very well-crafted, and for an indie game, the developers even took a surprising amount of effort to make it as lifelike as possible. The chapters, of which there are 8 in the game, contain multiple choices that ultimately affect how the story plays out, and some of them were actually pretty difficult to make, as each choice is essentially one character's favored outcome. The visual style was appealing and the soundtrack was pretty good. Voice acting wasn't bad either. Only real complaint is the relative shortness of the game.

Rating: 4/5 stars

Game: Return to castle wolfenstein

Time: 6 hours 

By no means a bad game, it's more an average game.

The game is a retake on the wolfenstein story and features the occult, robotics and weird experiments gone wild. 

Certainly a fun game in some levels, but other levels will punish you and will eventually make you frustrated. 

Especially the "experiments" that can easily kill you in a matter of seconds. 

But still, not the worst game i have played 

Fuck, I've forgotten about this. Since I got a PS4 I've been going crazy playing stuff. Got some catching up to do!

144) Uncharted 4

Platform: PS4

GOTY. GOTY. GOTY!!!!! OHOHOHO at last, after months of disappointment that I can't get my hands on this game, I have FINALLY played this game. And I am so happy I bought a PS4 for this! The perfect closure to such an awesome series. 

Fun fact: during the Crash Bandicoot minigame section at the start of the game, I actually tried so damn hard to beat Elena's high score. 20 times. And I found out that it's FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE. You can't beat her score! All because there's no 1 extra life crate. You get that crate at the end of the game when the minigame is played again. 

Also, it's pretty jaring that the singleplayer fps is 30, while multiplayer is 60 like a Call of Duty game. WTF was that about?? But still, it's fucking awesome to finally play this game.

145) Yakuza / Ryu Ga Gotoku 5

Platform: PS3

The perfect game for Christmas, filled with ginormous stuff to do, many characters to play as, and stories filled with so many good positive life lessons. Ironic that it's for a game about the yakuzas. By the time I finish this game, I'm only 28% into completion. That's after 80 hours total playtime and doing many sidequests. That's fucking ridiculous!

146) Fix it Felix Jr

Platform: Arcade, or more accurately, PC flash game

The game that Wreck it Ralph is based on. Pretty cool simple game. You can play it right here.

http://games.disney.com.au/wreck-it-ralph-fix-it-felix-jr

These next ones are all from Yakuza 6's SEGA arcade club, the in game arcade filled with various SEGA arcade games of the past. Pretty hardcore that back then, these games have to be played in 1 quarter. You can't do continues in the middle of the game, so when you're down, it's game over.

147) Outrunners

Platform: Arcade

This game.

I remember WAAAY back when it's 1999, when I visit the arcade and they had this game. I tried playing it, but because my feet is too short, I can't even use the pedal to move the car. So I ended up just trying to steer the thing and nothing happens. $1 WASTED. 

148) Super Hang-On

Platform: Arcade

This game

I'm too scared to play this game in the arcade, but now I finally play this game through PS4. What an odd racing game. There's no position to reach, and you just have to overtake dozens of motorcyclist to get to the end.

149) Fantasy Zone

Platform: Arcade/ Sega Masters

This game

The game starring the original Sega mascot character, Opa Opa. Pretty cool game now that you think about it. You have to destroy these enemy dispensers around the area, and it's shown by that red circle bellow, while trying to dodge an onslaught of enemies. An 1986 game where you can earn money and buy weapons and extra life from an in game shop? Not a lot of games does that back then, and an arcade game no less!

150) Puyo Puyo..... I have no idea which one.

The latest incarnation of the popular Puyo Puyo, which I'm not sure is even called just Puyo Puyo. They have like a lot of different names. Basically you have to match 4 of the same colors. If you can do a chain combo, you'll trap your opponent with white puyos. And your goal is to survive as long as you can. Pretty fun.

And finally, the last arcade game from Yakuza 6

151) Virtua Figher 5 Final Showdown

Platform: PS3, or 4 in this case.

That's right. Yakuza 6 have the actual Virtua Fighter 5 game in it! It's an infinite times better than that broken outdated Virtua Fighter 2 in Yakuza 5. My favorite character is of course, Heel Rey Mysterio. Or El Blaze.

152) Ryu Ga Gotoku / Yakuza 6

Made a review of this game.

Man, buying myself a PS4 is the best thing that I have done. The Ryu Ga Gotoku games are amazing, and I FINALLY get to play them all because I have a Singapore PSN account. I suggest to you people that have a PS4 to create a Singapore, or maybe Japanese PSN account just to get the Ryu Ga Gotoku series. Because they're amazing games. Or maybe if you're patient, wait for 2018. 

153) Vector 1

Platform: iPhone

A damn good Parkour game with a nice looking fluid animation, which is probably made using the same engined that QWOP runs in

154) Vector 2

The sequel, and this time it's in a futuristic setting, so you'll have to dodge lasers and mines.

155) Javelin Masters 3

A javelin throwing game where your objective is to throw a javelin as far as you can.

A shame that there's no superpowers in this game. Like a super duper throw that made the javelin throw so far away, that it can spin around earth.

156. Mad Max (PC)

Not sure where this falls on the Mad Max timeline, presumably after Fury Road. Max is ambushed and his car is destroyed, but after fending off his attackers he meets a badly deformed and insane mechanic named Chumbucket who knows of Max and offers to help build a new car. However, one of Immortan Joe's sons has been taking over the badlands around Oiltown and is hunting Max, so now Max needs to fight his way through the badlands on foot and in his car to gather better parts and defeat Scrotus's army while helping the settlements scattered around Oiltown.

The character action elements get repetitive, and the side quests feel a lot like busy work sometimes, but car combat in this game is second to none and the story is definitely worth your time if you're a fan of Mad Max.

157. Syndicate (PC)

In the near future, mega corporations have taken over and are running the world. Corporate espionage is more common than ever as each corp seeks to topple their rivals and dominate the streets. You take command of a squad of cyborgs, outfitting them and researching new equipment in order to carry out the will of your capitalist overlords. ffs I miss Bullfrog.

5 hours ago, Maghorn said:

156. Mad Max (PC)

Not sure where this falls on the Mad Max timeline, presumably after Fury Road. Max is ambushed and his car is destroyed, but after fending off his attackers he meets a badly deformed and insane mechanic named Chumbucket who knows of Max and offers to help build a new car. However, one of Immortan Joe's sons has been taking over the badlands around Oiltown and is hunting Max, so now Max needs to fight his way through the badlands on foot and in his car to gather better parts and defeat Scrotus's army while helping the settlements scattered around Oiltown.

It's originally intended to be it's own story in the Mad Max lore, but in the end it's a prequel to Fury Road. That's why Max in the film has hallucinations and PTSD of that little girl and why Immortan Joe's boys are trying to get him.

156) Ryu Ga Gotoku/ Yakuza Kiwami

The remake of the first Yakuza game. And a very well done one at that. It uses 0's combat mechanic, right up to the 4 stances you can use, and it improves upon the first game's very dated and clunky game mechanic. If you played the first game, you'll know how dated it is now. And not only does it use 0's combat mechanic, it also adds a "Majima Everywhere" mode, where yours truly Majima stalks Kiryu and fight him to help Kiryu improve his skill. This includes hiding in a giant traffic cone, pretend to be a bartender, and...... this

OWW MY EYES! IT BURNS!!!!

158. Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC)

Thousands of years before the Battle of Yavin, the Republic governed the galaxy in peace. One day in an unexpected invasion, the Sith Empire returned and waged a lighting war with the Republic, ending in the sacking of the Jedi Temple on Corrusant. The Republic and Sith Empire now sit in with an uneasy ceasefire, but relations are breaking down and the galaxy is on the verge of war again. You pick your faction, race, and class type as either Jedi, Sith, Smuggler, Trooper, Bounty Hunter or Imperial Agent. Each class follows a unique story path alongside your faction's quests, with dungeons, PvP and space battles (On rails and PvP) to add plenty of variety. 

Game: Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void

Play Time: long enough x_x

The more or less perfect conclusion to the Starcraft 2 storyline. Well, story-wise at least. Not so much on the gameplay side of things, as the percentage of frustrating missions was pretty high - more so than in Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm combined. Then again, I kinda suck at strategy games, so I may be biased here. Soundtrack was good.

Rating: 4/5 stars

Completed: Darkest Dungeon

Great class variety, appearance and ability wise. Great art style, enemies, and voice acting. Starts to make you a villain as you destroy and discard human lives, the only thing without cost. Great writing but would be nice to see more conversations between characters or personality types if there is a sequel. Can become repetitive as it goes on and surprises end and areas are explored. Way WAY too long made, worse by roster limitations and characters refusing to go on lower level missions. Once you reach the level 5+ missions it really just becomes a matter of luck where wining or losing comes down to whether or not you crit, or they crit, or you resist their abilities the bleed or stun, or if they resist your abilities to debuff/stun/bleed. The game also slows to a crawl once you reach the level 5+ missions because you will need to grind for money and upgrade items to improve your characters enough to go on those missions, when they die from bad luck you will need to do it all over again to upgrade and level a new character. Future plans for a new dungeon to go through and a mode that shortens the game will likely improve the game.

159. Total War: Warhammer (PC)

The Realms are abuzz with news and events from all around. In the Realms of Men, the Emperor has died and passed the crown to his son, Karl Franz, who must now battle detractors to his reign and bring the Elector Counts to his side. The Dwarves have begun retaking their holds from the Greenskins, but a large Ork has been climbing the ranks lately and may unify the tribes. And finally, stirrings in the North indicate the armies of the Norsemen may be on the move once more. Choose your faction and prepare yourself for total war.

160. Kerbal Space Program (PC)

You shoot tiny green men into space while relying on physics and dubious rocket design to get off the planet and explore the Kerbol system to collect Science! or explore the various biomes in an airplane or rover. Launch satellites and probes to other worlds, build a space station, or you can make things explode in spectacular fashion, it's up to you.

Completed: Abzu
Platform: Xbox One

As much as I loved Journey I really didn't enjoy this. A combination of never really liking being underwater, somewhat awkward controls, repeated activities, and slow movement made the game more frustrating to me than relaxing. It had moments that I enjoyed with some excellent scenery but I thought most of it was pretty dull to play and to look at.

157) Bloodborne

Yes. Even though I'm currently playing Final Fantasy 15, I ended up completing Bloodborne. My priority is fucked up.

After playing Dark Souls 3 8 times and finally getting myself a PS4, I say "why not?" to Bloodborne. 

The way you play this game is slightly different from Dark Souls, but that slight difference makes the game completely different at the same time. If you get damaged by an enemy, you have a slight window to restore it back by attacking an enemy, which makes for tense battles when you have no more blood vials. Healing is not like the usual Estus Flask, but instead it uses blood vials that you have to manually buy and collect like potions from Final Fantasy. You only can hold 20 max for a while before you get a rune upgrade though. The pistols here are your best friend because riposteing enemies are a must to survive the first few hours of this game, especially against enemy hunters. I got so good at riposteing, that when I got low on health, I don't use my blood vials and instead just riposte an enemy and rip their heart out. So badass.

The bosses here are, surprisingly easy. Definitely because I have played Dark Souls 3 that I know how this series' bosses works by now. At the first few bosses like Father Gascoigne, I died because of silly things, like getting stuck in the middle of a grave yard. But once I learn to not get stuck, I pretty much just riposte them with my gun and they all go down like a sack of bricks. And later bosses are surprisingly simple to beat because they are so large that the best strategy is to go beneath them and strike their leg, or head to stun them. Amygdala and Ebrietas especially. They go down by my hands in 1 minute after I stun them and stab them in the head. I don't get killed by Amygdala at all and only died by Ebrietas because of her instant death grab attack that I missed dodging by 1 second.

My favorite boss in the game is that guy in the snowy castle. Because he's what I think Death from Castlevania will be like in Dark Souls.

On the flip side, Hunters, aka enemies that acts like other players on crack, are fucking ridiculously hard. Especially Djura. Fuck that Djura piece of shit. 

I heard the Bloody Crow of Chainhurst is the most op hunter in the game, which I unfortunately missed because I didn't know that I'm supposed to meet Eileen before killing Darkbeast Paarl to access her quest. Oh boy, new game + will be interesting. 

If I have to choose which one is better between Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3, I would say..... both are equally good! Aside from the 30 fps that I'm not used to at first, Bloodborne is just as excellent as Dark Souls 3 and just as lore heavy, this time influenced by Cthulhu mythos. Don't know if there should be a sequel considering that I basically just murdered every single Great Ones in the game, but I'm most certainly sure that there will be more of them coming. And I can't wait to fight them.

158) Crush Crush

A dating sim game featuring a bunch of cliche girls like the sporty one, the sleepy head, tsundere, a bear (srlsy) and even Yandere chan from Yandere Simulator making a guest appearance. And yes, she kills people. But thankfully none of the other girls. A game where you have to be the best chick conqueror ever. By flirting, buying gifts, working jobs and having the right skill for each girls. It takes days just to conquer and satisfy 1 girl, especially for the later girls which have an unrealistically giant need for GIFTS GIFTS GIFTS!!! If this is what it takes to get a girlfriend in real life, well, I'm fucked.

BTW, the prices of the stuff you have to buy for the girls are bullshit. I mean look at this shit!

357AA3505AE5B9F3EAAFE5F414D9E33237E5543B (1600×900)

Cute puppy: $479,156,281. HOLY SHIT. And that's just 1! There's a girl in this game that wants you to buy her 25 of this thing. IS SHE FUCKING INSANE??? Granted the girl in question is a bear which later on turns into a cute beast girl but STILL!

161. Don't Starve (PC)

You wake up in the wilderness after an experiment goes wrong. A tall, gaunt man appears before you and tells you to find some food or you won't survive the night. Thing is, you quickly discover that starving is the least of your worries. Dangerous animals roam all around, the weather ranges from cold and wet to blazing hot, and it might just be your mind playing tricks but even the shadows seem like they want to kill you. Gather supplies, stick to the light, and maybe find the portal to Adventure mode. Maxwell is waiting.

162. DayZ (PC)

Originally created as a mod for Arma 2, and later given a standalone release by Bohemia Interactive. DayZ isn't the first survival game ever, but it is the one all survival game developers look to as the standard. Your goal is simple, survive in the zombie infested nation of Chernarus by finding food and water, gathering weapons to fend off zombies and other players, medicine to heal wounds and disease and clothing to combat the environment. Items can be crafted from gathered materials, and if you die you start from a random spawn location.

Completed: Octave

Octave is an indie horror point and click adventure. The sounds, character models, and backgrounds are of a good quality that you would hope to find in a better title. The game is very short but you will likely end up taking a lot more time than you would have to due to not having an instructions given to you, instead just controlling a guy in some seemingly random place. It can be difficult to tell what you are able to interact with, luckily there is a button to click that will highlight intractable areas. There is no dialogue and any narrative you get out of the game will have to be pieced together by what you thought of the experience. Decent atmosphere aside this game isn't really worth the price.

159) Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin

The third PS4 Ryu Ga Gotoku game I have played this month. Man, this series is amazing. Every single one are awesome. How can this game be in Japan only?? It's fucking awesome!! Share the love Sega, geez!

This is a spinoff game of the Yakuza series that takes place during the 1860s, the time period where the Shinsengumi is active. You probably know them from the anime Samurai X or Rurouni Kenshin. Basically it's these guys who wear these things

latest?cb=20111217005247

Kazuma Kiryu in this game portrays historical figure Sakamoto Ryoma, and later on becomes Hajime Saito of the Shinsengumi because of plot reason. The story has many more Japanese historical figures as well, like the whole Shinsengumi unit and a couple more if you're familiar with Japanese history. This game has a pretty cool story. It first starts off as a social commentary on wanting to abolish racism in Tosa, to a murder mystery, and finally to political FIGHT THE POWER climax. A lot of twists and turns happens which keeps the story engaging, and surprisingly it's all tied to real life Japanese history of those times, albeit heavily over the top.

This game is full of the casts of Yakuza 1 - 5 playing as historical characters. Like Kiryu playing Ryoma, Shintaro Fuma aka Kiryu's badass assassin father playing Toyo Yoshida, and Majima as pretty boy Soji Okita, which is supposed to be a very handsome man, but ended up looking like Majima. Everyone relentlessly tell this to his face. So many more past characters are in this game which makes things jarring until you just accept it altogether.

Now the gameplay of this game is pretty much like Yakuza 0 with the stance systems, but this game came out first so Yakuza 0's the one that's using this game's mechanic. Wait, actually Kenzan does it first. Unlike 0 which only focuses on hand to hand combat style, this game also focuses on weapons. Like swords, a pistol, and swords + pistol combo. And as expected, it is fucking awesome. This game has a lot of HOLY SHIT THAT WAS EPIC heat actions, especially when using the gun and sword combo. John Marston will die if he fight against this guy

The way you level up abilities in this game is interesting. Using a combat style of your choice often will level up that combat style. You are also able to level up normally, so leveling up abilities uses both combat style level up and normal level up.

tumblr_inline_muvblf7YWQ1qa6ecl.jpg

This is the gun + sword ability circle. You get green orbs for using this style often, and grey orb for leveling up in general. If you use a level up orb, you can replace that orb with the style orb so you'll be able to use it for your other weapon's skill tree. Pretty cool system.

This game is probably influenced a bit by Kill Bill. There's songs in this game that is similar to when Uma Thurman fight against Lucy Liu in the film with a lot of accoustic guitar and clapping. Which is awesome. And there's a karaoke bar in this game that has a song that reminds me of that battle. This one

The game ends with a HEAVY "FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY" message, which is pretty inspirational. Sure WW2 japan is fucked up, but the message is much better in the modern days.

163. Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition (PC)

The definitive version of the original Blood Bowl PC game. Features over 20 teams, including Chaos Dwarves, Ogre teams and Goblins. If you want more details and haven't seen it yet, look at my Blood Bowl 2 post a few pages back, I'm not explaining the game again. However, BB:CE features extra abilities like Big Guys being able to throw characters with the Stunty trait, which makes up for smaller player's lack of strength.

Completed: Star Wars Battlefront
Platform: Xbox One

Star Wars Battlefront is a new entry in the Battlefront series though it has lost much of what made it Battlefront and is more like a Battlefield game. In some ways the game feels like a test of ideas for Battlefield 1 and its latest expansion seems to take a game mode idea from the newer BF1. The shooting isn't great, the way you obtain vehicles/heroes/powerups is poorly implemented, having to equip level locked cards that you need to upgrade and buy with in game currency doesn't keep everyone on an even playing field and can prohibit you from using what you want until you have been playing for some time but the game still manages to be fairly enjoyable when you find a good multiplayer match. There is no real single player other than some training missions and a fighting against bots. The graphics and sound are excellent, but the actual design of the maps are pretty uninteresting and your character gets stuck on objects that you should just be able to walk over or climb up. If you can find it on sale it can be worth a purchase but it's not as interesting or as lasting a title as the previous Battlefront games.

And with that, I am closing this thread and starting one for 2017. This year we have completed a total of 625 games. With the top five members being

Maghorn: 163

Kaz: 159

Legolas_Katarn: 91

Alexander452: 50

Madfinnishgamer38: 37

New thread can be found here.