• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Legolas_Katarn

Games Beaten By the AJSA (2016)

442 posts in this topic

Game: Toren

Platform: PC

Play Time: 1.9 hrs

Another pretty short game, but Toren compensates for its length with top-notch atmosphere and visuals. The soundtrack isn't half-bad either. The control scheme is very simple, but it compliments the equally simple puzzles and combat perfectly. Final boss "battle" was really interesting.

Rating: 4/5 stars

Game: Sniper Ghost warrior 

Time: 7 hours

This was really unpleasant game, not really good.

Half the time stealth does not work, the history is none existing and the gameplay is bland

at least the graphics looks at least neat 

Completed: NOT A HERO

Side scrolling action game about assassins helping a murderous candidate get elected. Nine different character with unique weapons and abilities. Three side objectives that can be random on each mission, some being better done with certain characters. Game tries to hard to be funny and misses the mark most of the time. Some hit detection problems. Short at only 21 levels (and three or four secret ones) and not much replay value.

https://twitter.com/Legolas_Katarn/status/727627544833331200

53) Kung Fury: Street Rage

The game based on the Kung Fury movie. Back when it was released, it's just a One Finger Death Punch clone that only has survival mode. Now the game has been updated with a story mode, and 3 new playable characters based on the movie. Each plays differently.

Surprisingly this mode has a pretty tough boss which requires careful planning. Kudos to this game for actually adding a boss to the One Finger Death Punch game style. 

54) Axiom Verge

Another Metroidvania game. With HR Geiger Alien esque inspired design. And REALLY hard to reach hidden collectible items. I usually play Metroidvania games and complete them 100%, but this?? I can't do it. Not only does the design of the game makes me sick, not because it's bad but because it's genuinely frightening, I mean look at this monster

http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/  

Urgh, I can't take monstrous designs like these, creeps me the hell out

there's so many hidden stuff in this game that the best I can do is collect 80% of them. I saw the ways to get to these items, and it involves drilling specific parts of an area, which has a tiny bit of clue to indicate that it's different than other walls in the area. But it all look almost the same! And collecting these items only makes the end game cutscene change just a bit so there really is no point in doing that. I'm satisfied just beating this game, which is apparently made by 1 guy. Great work!

55) Devil's Dare

Beat em up game with second rate ripoffs potrayal of various games & movies characters. Zelda, Terminator, Alien, TMNT, Golden Axe, it's all here. And this game is one of those hardcore games where if you die and don't have enough cash to revive in battle, you have to start ALL OVER AGAIN from the beginning. It has risk & reward mechanics, like after you beat a stage you're given the option to purchase upgrades going forward, and you can pick whichever benefit you, but make sure it's perfect for the tougher enemies ahead and you don't buy something useless that will screw you over, or else it's back to the beginning of the game.

56) The Old Tree

Free walking simulator game about a baby alien inside a tree. Or at least that's what I'm told in the steam description. Because nothing in this game makes any sense. 

Completed: Agent Awesome

A comedy strategy game. Apart from the amusing opening cutscene the humor isn't funny, the gameplay is boring and simple, and the game is short. A poor mobile title that ended up on Steam.

Game: Transistor

Play Time: 4.7 hrs

Similarly to Supergiant's debut effort Bastion, Transistor plays as an isometric hack-and-slash of sorts. One of the more unique things about Transistor is the Turn system, which adds a layer of strategy into the gameplay. Visuals and soundtrack were excellent. Only minor complaint I have is the system where a Function can be overloaded and not work until it's repaired at an Access Point. While good from a tactical standpoint, it can cause a few frustrations throughout the game. Overall, though, Transistor is a great sophomore title from Supergiant. I'm looking forward to any future games they might provide us with.

Completed: Battlefleet Gothic Armada

Tactical ship combat in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. The ships look good. There are a lot of ways to customize your ships and different ships of each type to add to your fleet to match your playstyle. Setting abilities to auto helps with micromanagement. Game has four fleets with very different play styles, there will be further support for the game over time including two fleets getting added for free. Single player has cutscenes, dialogue, and some choices but is mostly just skirmish missions with a limit of only playing as the Imperials, it's too long.

https://twitter.com/Legolas_Katarn/status/729263058107834368

57) Super Time Force Ultra

Pretty cool side scrolling shooter game with an interesting time rewind mechanic. Your goal in each missions is to reach the end of the level and fight bosses in 60 seconds, or 120 seconds after you collect all the time addition bonusses, but unless you are a God of gaming, you will never reach the end in time and will die in one hit eventually. So this game allows you to "rewind" time and do things differently, leaving behind your "ghost" that still does the same stuff you just did, and giving extra damage to enemies when you constantly rewind time and shoot them. It can get pretty freaking intense. Like bellow. See how there's 3 woman with green outfit? That's the effect of the rewind.

https://media.playstation.com/is/image/SCEA/

You are allowed to do this 30 times, and 10 more times when you collect these yellow thingies scattered all around a stage.

This game is yet another one of those with second rate ripoffs potrayal of various movies characters. There's Mad Max, Evil Dead, Rambo, King Arthur, and possibly the Fifth Element, one of my favorite movie ever. The game has great artstyle. Too bad the music is so forgettable. And there's so many puns about time, that it's just groan inducing. The ending of the game lists so many of these things, and they all come out continuously until it's over. If you can think of it, then it's here:

Time to get serious

Time heal all wounds

Only time will tell

We'll take it one day at a time

Let's have some quality time together

I'm having the time of my life

I guess it's.... time

Well then, time for me to go!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-CV3rzOSNgLk/TfXws8ZnfwI/AAAAAAAAAcA/c_YXyK36ZRU/s1600/  

Whoever think that it's fun to look at time puns for 2 minutes, I WILL KILL YOU.

58) Return to Castle Wolfenstein

To prepare myself for DOOM, I figured why not play Wolfenstein? Specifically Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I remember that I played this game when I was 11 years old in 2001, a few days after my birthday. I saw this game displayed on my PC gaming magazine that I regularly bought and I was so amazed by this screenshot that decided to get this game

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Cu4es74aQ30/UxLXOrSRn6I/AAAAAAAAHqQ/iWuflkbfJFA/s1600/

Now it looks like shit, but back then it was beautiful. The flamethrower and lightning effect still looks great even today.

http://xboxaddict.com/images/screenshots/

So this game is pretty special to me. It was still back when I use arrow keys to move and I have no idea that left arrow and right arrow is used for strafing, so I use it to look left and look right. I KNOW, I was pretty stupid! 

Playing this game brings back memories of me killing a lot of nazis with my machine gun. Oh how I miss those times.

And then I remember...............

http://i.imgur.com/http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/wolfenstein/images/7/75/Super_soldier.jpg/revision/

THIS GAME IS F$##ING HARD. THIS GAME IS REALLY F$##ING HARD.

Oh man, I was so pissed off when I meet these two bastards. Not only do they deal TONS of damage, but they have electric shock attacks that will always hit you no matter where you are. Especially during one boss fight against Ubersoldat where you have to attack it by hiding behind a wall, peek out shoot, hide again, and do it until he's deader than shit. I HATE THIS BOSS FIGHT!! And the most jaring thing is the final boss fight is WAAYYY too easy compared to this bastard. In fact it's so easy, and the music is so dull, that I replay the fight 3 more times with this music in the background.

It makes the fight much2 better.

This game also have identity crisis with it's collectibles. 4 stages in the beginning, lots of secret rooms and collectibles. But 15 stages later, there's only around 1 or 2 secret rooms and collectibles, and some of them don't have it. What's going on here? That's a pretty bizzare allocation.

I find it hilarious that this game is much harder than Dark Souls. If you don't save often especially. Goes to show that back then, games are really hardcore, and manual saves are very important. And it's also funny that the Ubersoldat boss in this game returns in Wolfenstein New Order, and he's so much easier and much more fun to fight. I guess the def makes up for their unintentional mental torture of that hard as hell boss fight.

Game: Out There Somewhere

Play Time: 1.6 hrs

A cool little Metroidvania-ish 2D platformer. Visuals were pleasing to look at and soundtrack was awesome. The Teleport Gun was a nice concept and made for many interesting platforming challenges. The final boss battle was pretty fun, if a little too easy for its own good.

Haven't had time to game much lately, but have squeezed in a few games to add to my total.

Saints Row: The Third, Breach and Clear, Sniper Ghost Warrior 2, Sniper Elite 3, Far Cry 3, Rainbox Six Vegas

Game: Collapse

Time: 11 Hours 

Quite a good game, it has its flaws, but the game was enjoyable enough to play it trough to the ending 

Only really bad thing is that it crashes occasionally. 

On hard difficulty it is quite the challenge.

The combat feels fresh and changes between melee and range combat constantly, it gives you the ability to "mix up" your gameplay style. 

The further into the game you play the more combos you aquire, if you activate a special combo you will be able to "juggle" with the combo can keep it going so to damage the enemies even more. 

Story might not be the most fleshed out, but it's still good enough.

The Soundtrack is awesome 

59) Neon Drive

F#@& this game. This is how you don't do a rthythm game. DO NOT make obstacles that forces you to go to one predetermined path only, DO NOT make obstacles that you can't jump, especially when the game forces you to go to just 1 predetermined path, and DO NOT make a music game a "one fail, you restart from the beginning." ordeal. It makes the game thoroughly unenjoyable and more like torture. This isn't I Wanna Be the Guy!! At least the music is awesome, but when you hear the same damn song after retrying a stage 70 times, your brain will go freaking numb. This guy bellow must have played this game until he's a God, because any normal man will die at least 50 times in this stage.

ARGH!! This game can burn in the deepest fire of hell!!

Completed: Hyper Light Drifter

Dark Souls 3

Firewatch

Alan wake

Warhammer DOW 2

Game: Uncharted 4

Time Taken: 15h 35min

Difficulty: Hard

This is the best PS4 exclusive I have played so far (also being one of the best looking console games I have ever seen), and it is a great end to a fantastic series. GG NaughtyDog, keep up the awesome work.

Game: Uncharted 4: Thief's End

Platform: PlayStation 4

uc4_logo_lg.png

Where do I start?...

Back when Uncharted 4 was first announced I was excited and worried. Much like many fans Uncharted 3 felt like a great end point, that going back would hurt. But it scary right? It's Drake and friends, it's high adventure. We want to see all of them again, but again... was it enough already. Later when it came out Amy Hennig left to go work on new ventures, and Neil Drunkmann was to take over I personally got nervous. Well, better term is scared even more. While I love The Last of Us, I was afraid Uncharted would get that same dark, and dramatic tone. I worried that old Uncharted, the old Drake, the old adventures wouldn't be the right tone. Again I was excited, I knew I would buy and play this game because I had to know. I had to see Drake one last time, even if it's something I personally was very afraid about.

Where do I begin?...

I sit here right now deciding what is a good sentence to type down in how I feel about this game. But a sentence, a paragraph, a essay, a book couldn't cover everything I feel about this game. The best, and only way I could sum up everything I feel right now is... "Thank you". Thank you everyone who worked on this game, Thank you everyone who pour every last bit of their soul into this game, Thank you for taking a shot, Thank you for honoring not just this series but your entire legend of a development company. Thank you for all the minutes, hours, years, decades you spent on this game and every game you've developed in your time. Thank you for making this one fan eats his own fears, and embrace this game this adventure, if not just for me but for the many fans who share this same feeling. I know to everyone else this looks like I am writting a love letter directly to Naughty Dog. Whether they see that or not, doesn't bother me. I know that this is out there, a single fan's "Thank you" to them.

Oh ya! The Game...

The gameplay has never been better, the story is top (Finally Uncharted 2 can step aside as Uncharted 4 is now my favorite in the series). The stakes as always are high, the characters are handle greatly, the graphics are beautiful (specially on the PS4)! If you're a fan on this series and question if you should get it, you will not be disappointed. Go into it knowing this is your last fun adventure with Drake and friends. I know many people are praising it hell I am as well. But go into it with heart and some fun. For those who aren't fans, maybe try the Uncharted: Nathan Drake collection first (You get the original three games). If they sit well with you, than I point back to what I just said a sentence ago.

Once again... Thank you Neil Drunkmann for surprising me, Thank you Amy Hennig for creating this amazing world and characters, Thank you every single developer of Naughty Dog for everything... literally everything. Even that time one of your went out for a donut... Ya I know you did.

Kaz32 and like this

On 5/14/2016 at 7:47 AM, BleedingChaos23 said:

Game: Uncharted 4

Time Taken: 15h 35min

Difficulty: Hard

This is the best PS4 exclusive I have played so far (also being one of the best looking console games I have ever seen), and it is a great end to a fantastic series. GG NaughtyDog, keep up the awesome work.

9 hours ago, WITHASTICK said:

Game: Uncharted 4: Thief's End

Platform: PlayStation 4

uc4_logo_lg.png

Where do I start?...

Back when Uncharted 4 was first announced I was excited and worried. Much like many fans Uncharted 3 felt like a great end point, that going back would hurt. But it scary right? It's Drake and friends, it's high adventure. We want to see all of them again, but again... was it enough already. Later when it came out Amy Hennig left to go work on new ventures, and Neil Drunkmann was to take over I personally got nervous. Well, better term is scared even more. While I love The Last of Us, I was afraid Uncharted would get that same dark, and dramatic tone. I worried that old Uncharted, the old Drake, the old adventures wouldn't be the right tone. Again I was excited, I knew I would buy and play this game because I had to know. I had to see Drake one last time, even if it's something I personally was very afraid about.

Where do I begin?...

I sit here right now deciding what is a good sentence to type down in how I feel about this game. But a sentence, a paragraph, a essay, a book couldn't cover everything I feel about this game. The best, and only way I could sum up everything I feel right now is... "Thank you". Thank you everyone who worked on this game, Thank you everyone who pour every last bit of their soul into this game, Thank you for taking a shot, Thank you for honoring not just this series but your entire legend of a development company. Thank you for all the minutes, hours, years, decades you spent on this game and every game you've developed in your time. Thank you for making this one fan eats his own fears, and embrace this game this adventure, if not just for me but for the many fans who share this same feeling. I know to everyone else this looks like I am writting a love letter directly to Naughty Dog. Whether they see that or not, doesn't bother me. I know that this is out there, a single fan's "Thank you" to them.

Oh ya! The Game...

The gameplay has never been better, the story is top (Finally Uncharted 2 can step aside as Uncharted 4 is now my favorite in the series). The stakes as always are high, the characters are handle greatly, the graphics are beautiful (specially on the PS4)! If you're a fan on this series and question if you should get it, you will not be disappointed. Go into it knowing this is your last fun adventure with Drake and friends. I know many people are praising it hell I am as well. But go into it with heart and some fun. For those who aren't fans, maybe try the Uncharted: Nathan Drake collection first (You get the original three games). If they sit well with you, than I point back to what I just said a sentence ago.

Once again... Thank you Neil Drunkmann for surprising me, Thank you Amy Hennig for creating this amazing world and characters, Thank you every single developer of Naughty Dog for everything... literally everything. Even that time one of your went out for a donut... Ya I know you did.

I envy you people that played Uncharted 4. I WANT TO PLAY IT TOO DANG IT!!! Instead I can only see the game from someone's playthrough from beginning to end. AND I STILL WANT TO PLAY IT! Oh how I wish I have a PS4. :( 

60) Wolfenstein: the New Order.

At first I was going to play Doom, but since I played Return to Castle Wolfenstein before, I ended up playing and completing Wolfenstein New Order 100%. Collected all the collectibles, solve the enigma codes, and played the game on Uber difficulty after collecting every collectibles. Still a damn great game after 2 years.

Alright, now that this unfinished business is out of the way, DOOM HERE I COME!!! I wish I can play Uncharted 4 too but I can wait patiently for that. After the PS4 is only $300. Damn you PS4 price.

likes this

Completed: The Detail

A police adventure game. The first of the three episodes is short and dull but ends on a promising note that makes you believe the future episodes would get more interesting. Unfortunately, the developer clearly had budget problems and had to cut a lot of content leading to three episode "season" with each episode lasting about an hour and frequent switching between multiple characters means you never really learn or care about anyone. The choices you make never really matter and you don't see the repercussions of them, characters frequently say generic 80s-90s cop show lines or offensive lines like telling every other character they arrest that they will be raped in prison, they advertise having to make difficult ethical and moral choices but all that really means is do you want to ruin your own case by breaking into minor unimportant character's homes or hitting them, causing you to damage or ruining your case (not that it matters). The final episode has bugs that can make you replay sections and clearly had to be rushed out.

RogueKnightKisuke93 likes this

Game: Doom

Platform: PS4

Welcome home Id...welcome home. For a while I've been knee deep in mediocre shooters with stale terrorist storylines and human enemies until this beautiful game came into my game library.

Pros:

- Great lengthy campaign : 13 hours min. 17+ hours if you're collecting all secrets and completing all challenges.

- Fast and brutal combat.

- Weapons, weapon mods, armor, and character upgrades, oh my!

- Classic mode: Each single player mission has a secret "classic room". Finding these rooms will allow you to play most (if not all) levels from Doom 1 and the first 2 levels from Doom 2.

- Snapmap is pretty good (though I'm not that good at making my own levels).

Cons:

- Multiplayer: While it's not my cup of tea, I'll let you fellow comrades be the judge of that.

- Rune Trials: You can equip runes that can make the game more interesting, but it's a mixed bag. Some Rune Trials are easy and straight forward, while others can be a nightmare for newcomers. Trials like Ammo Boost (Kill all demons with a super shotgun in 6 seconds. + 2 seconds per shotgun kill and +4 sec per glory kill), In-flight Mobility (Collect all orbs and race to the finish in 16-ish seconds. Orbs add 1 second to the counter), Rich get Richer (Kill all demons with a rocket launcher with no health pick ups), and the infamous Saving Throw Rune (Kill all demons with a rail gun in a matter of seconds. No health pick ups, and you only have 1 Hp).

- Weak Story: The antagonists are highly predictable, but I'll let this one slide.

Recommendation: Ignore the troll reviews (I've been reading some of the negative reviews from Metacritic. Personally, most of them didn't make any shrapnel of sense.) and get the game.

Recommendation: Ignore the troll reviews and get the game.

Where are there troll reviews? I haven't even seen any sites give it under a 7 and they all seem to enjoy it for what it is in their early write ups.

6 minutes ago, Legolas_Katarn said:

Where are there troll reviews? I haven't even seen any sites give it under a 7 and they all seem to enjoy it for what it is in their early write ups.

I've seen some in Metacritic and comment sections in various sites. Never the less, it's a great game.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

PS4

Length: 16 hrs 04 min (according to Statistics in the Extras menu [don't know if that includes the time I played some of the trials])

Finished the campaign yesterday, and played some of the multiplayer today. Got my notes, and gonna record my review later. Will hopefully have it done and uploaded by tomorrow.

Game: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Platform: PC
Time: 35 hours

This game was...not as good as I had hoped.  It is far from a bad game but it is far from being amazing.  The characters were all one note, the story was...present, and the combat was probably the best thing about it.  The game managed to combine Assassin's Creed parkour/climing with Batman Arkham's combat, even going so far as to copy the whole "press two buttons when your combo meter is shaking to do a special attack" (heck they even lifted certain upgrades straght from Batman Arkham, including the ability to perform two special attacks before your combo meter stops shaking and you have to get a higher combo to do more special attacks).

The much touted nemesis system was decent, but really all it did was make it so that walkthroughs would be impossible to make since one player who is stuck on Ushbaka the Beggar, an archer who is immune to ranged and stealth attacks and is capable of performing quick attacks in rapid seccession with a savage weapon that deals so much damage it leaves you with no health, can't ask his friends how to beat Ushbaka because they ran into Ushbaka the Poet, a standard sword Uruk who went down after one arrow to the head only to come back three more times until he was finally branded, and Ushbaka Jaws, a giant shield-using Uruk who was unceremoniously killed by a Caragor halfway across the map after running away from an explosion.  I managed to see the seams in the system is what I'm saying.  Still, it was much more impressive than the bosses (a series of quick time events will NEVER be a boss battle; even Asura's Wrath got that right and it was 90% quick time events) and I did kinda chuckle when Ushbaka the Begger did come back as my nemesis right before the final boss, even though I thought I killed him already; was certainly more memorable than quick time not-Sauron.

If it wasn't for the likes of Ushbaka I probably would have not enjoyed this game half as much as I did, which is already half as much as I hoped.

P.S.  Can you tell i hated Ushbaka the Begger yet?  He was my version of Joe's Olgoth the Humiliator.

61) Heavy Bullets

This is..... a pretty strange game. There's 8 stages in this game. I died during the first 4 stages 30 times, but that's because I leave myself open to enemy attacks. Right after the 30th time and I know where the enemies are and what their attacks are, this game is actually pretty easy. Just need to watch out for enemy attacks and never let them come too close, and avoid those asinine laser turrets + bomb turrets. 3 more attempts later, I finally beat the game without much difficulty. Died at the final boss once during that time because I forgot that I had a healing potion. But once I beat it,

SWEET SWEET VICTORY!!!

62) Contradiction Spot the Liar!

Saw Legolas mentioned this game, so I took a look at this game myself. And oh boy, what a game.

The gameplay itself is, as Legolas said, very unrealistic. It's a point and click detective game, like a mix of usual point and click puzzle games with LA Noire, but with unlimited tries. You're supposed to have from 5 pm to 12 pm to solve the case of the game, but it's more like "alright, spot a couple of lies, and then 1 hour will pass by". So you can just run around the map for 4 hours and the game will still treat it like it's 1 hour. And it's pretty amazing that these 6 people you can interview are still in the exact spot from 5 pm to 12 pm since the first time you meet them, when in reality they will go to bed already and tell you straight up "you're still here?? Can't we just do this tomorrow??" Love how the game camouflaged evening and night by turning the environment bluer. It's like they can't shoot the game at night and they only have 10 am till 6 pm to shoot their scenes. Hahaha.

The great thing about this game is the acting. The delicious, over the top, LOOK AT ME I'M ACTING acting. Especially Jenkins, Ryan and his dad Paul. Jenkins and Ryan chews every scene they are in that I'm surprised there's no bite marks around them, and Paul is frosty as hell, makes me scared if I have to meet him for real. Their scenes in the 11 pm and 12 pm parts are especially noteworthy. It's...... beautiful. A thing of true beauty. You just got to see them demolishing the scenery. Here's an example:

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Nicholas Cage should totally join in the sequel. 

And fun fact: the police chief on the phone you're talking to is also the actor who played Ryan. 

On a side note, the women who plays Lisa and Rebecca are pretty cute. :D 

Pretty weird that the game's conclusion happen just because of 1 simple contradiction from one suspect that hasn't lie a lot that has NOTHING to do with the overall much more dominant plot of the game. Can't wait for the sequel. I want to see these actors chewing every scenes they are in once again.

Completed: DOOM

Time: About 15 hours

I freaking love this game. It is what DOOM should be: fast, gory, hectic, and badass. The campaign is on point 100% of the time, even the story is interesting. The demons are varied and if you are under the impression that you are gonna be spared you are wrong. There's no boring cutscenes or long introductions, you just kill stuff. 

And while the multiplayer is weak and the snapmap mode needs more time, the campaign is so good, that you won't even care about the rest of it.

9/10.