• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Legolas_Katarn

Games Beaten By the AJSA (2016)

442 posts in this topic

Game: Contrast
Platform: PC
Time: 2 hours

It's an interesting little platformer that used shadows for puzzles.  Had me scratching my head a few times where I should position the light but it wasn't overly difficult.  Well, the puzzles weren't anyway, but the platforming was frustrating and sadly not in the challenging sense.  This game has problems with collision detection and I constantly got stuck on things I shouldn't have gotten stuck on, especially when I was using the shadows.

The story is a nice little piece of noir about a man trying to get back with his wife and daughter after screwing up.  Not sure if they could have stretched it past the two hours it gave me, but I am certain that even if they could have they shouldn't have; I felt it was just the right length.

If nothing else Contrast is a nice little palate cleanser.  There should be more semi-challenging semi-easy platformers like this in the world.

Game: Foul Play

Platform: PS4/Vita

This game is a cleverly creative, funny, and challenging beat em up. You play as Baron Dashforth **, a Daemonologist who recounts his own adventures with Mr. Scampwick to the audience of the theater. Facing all kinds of enemies ranging from mummies/werewolves/mermen to cults and daemons (It's suppose to be demons, but that's how it's spelled in the game).  You don't have a health bar, but you do have what it's called an Audience Mood Meter. It's like a beat em up version of Guitar Hero, the more combos you perform, the more praise you'll recieve from the audience. However; take too much hits, and it's curtains for Dashforth and Scampwick. There's also challenges on every level (excluding the boss levels) like taking out the leader last, or perform an x # of special moves. Completing these challenges will give you special charms that will make the later stages a bit more easier, but there is a downside to this. While it's up to you to get all the charms, I've only found the first four charms the most useful (Rabbits foot: +3 combo per parry, Scarab Shell: Audience mood drops less when you're hit, Bearicorn Mane: receive 15% more fame, and Werewolf Claw: Audience Mood Meter will increase faster). Overall, I enjoyed Foul Play, and it's a delight to have another good beat em up in my library.

63) The Beginner's Guide

From the creator of Stanley Parable. Only this time this game is more like an interactive documentary film. It's about him showing his friend's unfinished games to the world. And in the end, it's one hell of a depressing ass documentary. I can't tell if it's a real story or this guy is making stuff up to create this documentary, but if it's real, HOLY SHIT, that was really depressing.

All I can say to the dev after this game: you stupid moron. You fucked up man. You fucked up REAAAAL bad. I sincerely hope that this is not a true story.

If you people want a happy game, don't ever think of playing this game. 

Fable 2 (Xbox 360)

Lionhead's flagship franchise, Fable! The game series made famous by it's tight RPG mechanics and the ability to make decisions that affect the world as well as your character. Fable 2 is set nearly 300 years after Fable: The Lost Chapters and features a descendant of The Hero of Oakvale. You start as a young street urchin in the city of Bowerstone, living with your older sister and dreaming of a better life. One day a trader comes to town and sells you a magic music box, which sends you and your sister to the castle to meet Lord Lucien, who kills your sister, blasts you through a window and into your new life as a Hero.

Fable's combat systems allow you to use three different styles; Strength, Skill and Will (magic.) These styles can be combined to slay the variety of beasts and human enemies that plague the land of Albion. As you kill enemies you gain xp for each different style, which can be leveled up independently to fit your play style. Leveling up the different trees also has an impact on your character's appearance, making them stronger, or covering their body in glowing runes. The choices you make also change your morality, making you look more good or evil.

Fable 2 has a lot of quests to complete and plenty of items to collect, from silver keys and gargoyles to Demon Doors and homicidal chests that want you to be their super best friend.  You can own properties that pay gold every 5 minutes, get married, have kids, or steal and murder til your heart's content.

Fable 3 (Xbox 360)

Fable 3 is a more direct sequel to Fable 2, taking place roughly 30 years after 2. This one features a much larger Albion, revamped minigame mechanics, living weapons that transform as you use them, and the infamous Sanctuary. This time around you take the role as a prince or princess who leaves the castle to start a revolution against your brother, a tyrant king, and save the kingdom from collapse.

There are a lot of people who say they absolutely hate this game, including Joe, but it wasn't bad at all. It was critically praised, with review scores ranging from a 6/10 to a 10/10. I personally loved the fact that it was pretty much a more polished Fable 2 with some reworked mechanics to make the game more fun and immersive. Granted, being the ruler of the land is pretty much a set of binary choices punctuated by quests, but it'll be up to you to decide whether that ruins the game or not.

If you still have an Xbox 360 or can get a PC copy I highly recommend both games. The PC copies of the games used to be on Steam, but because of GFWL being discontinued you will need to get a physical copy and deal with the DRM.

Game: Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition

Play Time: 7.6 hrs

Revisiting the forest of Nibel was just as enjoyable an experience as my first time with Ori and the Blind Forest. The visuals, the soundtrack, the gameplay, the sheer emotional impact... I can't even begin to describe how flawless this game is, and that's saying something for a freshman effort! Kudos, Moon Studios.

Rating: 5/5 stars

Game: Lord of Arcana

Platform: PSP/Vita

I was sort of addicted with this game around high school, but I never got the chance to finish it. So after beating Foul Play, I gathered all the determination I can pick up and finish this somewhat lengthy game. There is an update/remake title known as Lord of Apocalypse for the Vita, but that poor little guy will never see the light of day outside of Japan. So...where oh where do I begin with this one.

Things I liked

- The monsters/bosses : I love their designs and how well they fight differently (well some of them will have a different color pallets and stats). While flying enemies can be a pain in the ass at times, most of them require some strategy. Some are weak against certain spells, some have major weak points but you have to stun them first in order to hit that sweet spot,  and timing your blocks against their attacks. As for bosses, they are challenging and some what fun. They have destructible parts and you perform a small button mashing section to deal additional damage.  They can also go into "rage mode" (Usually they attack aggressively with a slight damage boost) to change the pace a bit. Unlike Monster Hunter where you just keep hitting the monster until it dies, you perform a QTE finisher...and some of them are badass. Seeing your avatar do flips, beating the life out of them, and eventually slicing them open just to see them explode into fleshy chunks.

-The weapons: They kind of copy some from Monster Hunter (except the mace and the axe), but there is a small uniqueness to them. Every weapon type plays differently and they all have a leveling system that makes the weapons more enjoyable.

-Leveling up: You have only three things to level up: Main, Weapon Mastery, and Magic Mastery. Main just increases your health, Weapon Mastery unlocks basic combos and Battle Arts (from 1h swords that can perform damage stacking combos to 2h sword abilities where you can go berserk like Guts), and Magic just increases its usefulness. 

-Magic: This is where the game shines. You can carry up to two kinds of cards: a small magic card and an ultimate card. Ultimate cards are boss cards that can turn the tables in combat. Some cards are good while others are a bit worthless, but it's entirely up to you.

Things I don't like

-The controls: Most of the buttons are self explanatory, but I really hate the lock on button. When you lock onto an enemy you hold down the L button. It's fine for short battles, but your fingers are going to get numb and tired from the lengthy boss battles. Not to mention the combat can be a bit clunky and sluggish at times if you're using a 2H weapon.

-Farming(Core farming that is):  Whenever you defeat a boss or a monster that is within "Arcana" range, you can acquire cores that can create(or upgrade) new kinds of cards, armor, and weapons.....BUUUUUUTTTT it requires extreme luck in order to get them. While the farming is not a tedious as MH, core farming can be a bit discouraging most of the times.

-Expensive items: You'll go bankrupt in this game from crafting faster that you can say holy nutballs.

-The combat system: Imagine MH meets old school Final Fantasy. You bump into enemies and be thrown into an arena in order to fight these monsters. You can attack them to get an attack boost, but you can get a def drain if you're careless. It's good, but it's also very bad. See, when you try to avoid some enemies, you'll end up into fights where you're trying to escape, but you can't because some enemies will spam range attacks and you'll be either launched, stunned, paralyzed, or all of the above(*cough* Griffin *cough*). 

-The learning Curve: it can be a bit steep at times, but it gets steep when you're halfway done with this game(around chapter 5/6. There are 10 chapters and an infinity chapter with 5 hard missions). It can get stressful when you're hunting bosses/monsters, but you can't get to that boss/monster because you need key(s) to get to that monster. So you run around the entire map looking for theses suckers just to run into monsters that waste your time just to get to that boss/monster rather than just go to that boss/monster. Pro Tip: block at all times. You'll get stun gangbanged if you don't block.

Recommendation: There are much better Hunting games out there (Ragnarok Odessy Ace, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Toukiden Kiwami, and God's Eater Burst), but if you want a hunting game that's challenging, this game will not disappoint you. Even if the story can be a bit boring.

Game: Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil

Play Time: 3.1 hrs

The expansion pack to Doom 3, Resurrection of Evil, is not a game I had the chance to play for quite a while. I did have it in my Steam collection before I even got Doom 3: BFG Edition, but for some reason, I never got around to playing it up until now. Anyway, funnily enough, the expansion pack tramples on the main game in almost every way imaginable. The level design is better, the lighting is less agonizingly non-existent and the combat is more thrilling (especially with the Artifact powers). While Resurrection of Evil is only about half the length of the original Doom 3, it does more justice to the franchise as a Doom game than Doom 3 did.

Rating: 4/5 stars

Game: Exodus: From the Earth

Time: 9 hours

It was a decent cheap little FPS

The graphics were allright, the same with the gameplay. 

The voice acting was so terrible that it was hilarious

The story was a complete mess as well as a terrible ending

not gonna play it again, but it was allright 

Game: Anatomy 

Time: i don't know, like 15 minutes or so 

I gotta say that im sadly dissapointed in Anatomy, i first heard about the game from the news section that had this video

From that video it sounded like an interesting game and i wanted to try out. 

But i gotta say it's not the best horror game. 

I got really interested when he started to talk about Love Craftian horror.

The game focuses around going inside a house finding casette tapes and listening to them, in the start it begins out creepy, but it quickly begins to drag out a bit after having explored the same rooms again and again, plus the audiotapes becomes even more difficult to listen to, making you just stand there and listen to muffle white noise. 

and i found the main driving point behind the game quite silly and not something i could take serious, thus making the game less scary

But, you know, Horror is subjective and each person is scared of something different.

Anatomy for me is certainly not scary 

64) DOOM

It's Doom. It's fantastic. I will play it all over again, but I just 100% this game and I have deleted this game from my hard drive space for future games. CURSE YOU 5OGB UNCOMPRESSED FILES!!

65) AVGN 2: ASSimilation

This is surprisingly the game based on the AVGN movie. Which also uses materials from the more recent AVGN episodes, and even Board James. And Nostalgia Critic is a recurring boss. I haven't played the first game, only watched the AVGN video about it, but based on what I watched, 2 definitely has less stuff than the first game, but it has extensions. In the previous game, there's 9 stages and each has it's own themes. Here, there's 7 different themed stages, but 6 of the stages are 4 parts long selected through a Super Mario World esque level select screen, and the final stage is 2 parts long. 

This game has no multiple characters to play as, you're AVGN the whole way through. The multiple characters are instead replaced with NES cartridges in every stage and the nerd's various accessories that he used in the Super Mario 3 video and ROB the Robot. These things basically.

avgnvol3_banner.jpg

Each of them are at the first part of every stages, and they give different awesome benefits. Hint: get the Power Glove from Board James' world first, and then you can get the other items from the first stage in every other levels, because each of them are hidden behind rocks that can only be destroyed with the glove. Well except the Hong Kong stage which requires you to go up at a specific location through the top of the stage, and then go left to get the Super Scope. Classic hidden area stuff right there. I suggest getting all of them first because it'll make the game SO much easier, and less stressful.

It's a pretty fun game. Pretty short, beat the entire game in 3 hours with 100% completion, but there's multiple difficulty settings to play through. Hilariously, since in normal mode the bosses are really easy, the hardest difficulty is so hard, that the bosses becomes a challenge.

Oh yes, f#$k the death blocks. 

66) The TakeOver

No, this is not a game based on the NXT PPV, that's in WWE2K15 & 16.

This is a beat em up game HEAVILY inspired by Streets of Rage 2. Look at the uncanny resemblance!

They added new stuff in the latest version so it doesn't look like a blatant copy of Streets of Rage 2. Well it still is, but at least it's a bit different.

It's still in early access with only 2 stages and 4 survival mode stages, but it's a pretty solid beat em up game. Too bad there's no option to turn down the music to 0 because I want to switch the song with Streets of Rage's music! I am eagerly waiting for the entire finished game. 

Game: Quake Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon

Play Time: 2.1 hrs

Scourge of Armagon builds upon the foundation laid by Quake more or less successfully. Level design was great, if a little too close to traditional Quake. There were some interesting things going on visuals-wise here and there, especially the laser-bridge things in the earlier levels. Last two pre-finale levels were unexpectedly hectic and made the final boss seem like a breeze in comparison.

Rating: 4/5 stars

Doom 2016 (PC)

Do I even need to explain?

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (PC)

A great, fast paced 2D fighter that gives Mortal Kombat a run for its money, and beats the living *expletive* out of Street Fighter 5. The next version, Xrd Revelator will be coming out on PS4 and PS3 on the 7th of this month, with the PC release probably late next year.

Guilty Gear XX (PS1) [X2 #Reload (PC)]

Seriously, if you have any love for the fighting game genre you must play these games.

Blood and Gold: Caribbean (PC)

This game is pretty much Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword mixed with Sid Meier's Pirates, so technically it doesn't have an end, thus "completion" means capturing every city and defeating all the opposing factions. Blood and Gold is still being developed, though it isn't under Early Access because it is close to feature complete, so if you decide to try it out I encourage you to read the most recent patch notes.

The Wolf Among Us (PC)

Another beautiful game from Telltale, which is based on the graphic novel series name Fables. You take the role of Bigby Wolf to investigate the murder of a fable while trying to keep the peace in the secret part of New York City called Fabletown. This game was released shortly after The Walking Dead S1, and the quality storytelling that made Telltale a big name is as strong as ever.

28 minutes ago, Maghorn said:

Doom 2016 (PC)

Do I even need to explain?

Well, now you have to 

Completed: Overwatch

Very fun multiplayer FPS. A great art style that perfectly fits the world and characters. A good use of visual and sound cues for when people need healing, when your allies die, showing the direction you are being hit from, characters say set lines when activating powerful abilities and they might say different things depending on if they are enemies or on your team, great detail has even been given to the games footsteps with each character having a walking sound that perfectly fits their character and the weight of the steps are also based on how dangerous the character is at close range. Voice commands and match results are focused on positive contributions creating a more positive environment that can improve teamwork or at least make people act a little nicer towards each other (though having the play of the match seems to go against that idea).

Excellent and very diverse cast of characters with fun personalities (for a MP only title) with very different playstyles that allow anyone to find something they like (even those bad at FPS) with certain characters working well together. Some of the characters and the games control customization options help to allow people with disabilities to play the game Nods to old FPS games with certain characters and abilities. McCree is overpowered but I'm happy to hear they plan to make him a little weaker. I also felt like D.Va was a little weak but it sounds like they plan to make her stronger.

The game could use more maps, but the lack of map variety is defientely made up for by the well designed maps the game has and by having 21 varied characters. With all the backstory, comics, and videos it is strange there is no story but more than that it is strange that the gameplay is so far removed from the setting. Some people don't like the random loot crates you get when you level (which gets you voice clips, costumes, icons, emotes, end game pose, play of the match introductions, and in game currency to purchase those) and that you can pay for them but there really is no reason to care. You are easily going to be able to get what you want over time playing the game since for every character you are likely to choose one costume, one voice clip, one end game clip, and one emote for them to use since you can only use one at a time. With the $40 price on the PC and future maps and heroes being free and growing the community, I'm fine with them making money off of people that want to waste their money.

Lego Rock Raiders (PC/PS1)

This was my favorite game as a kid, but sadly it is no longer playable on modern Windows systems because of it's DRM. It's sort of like a Lego version of Dungeon Keeper, where you need to collect ores and energy crystals to build the Lego buildings, vehicles, and units to work through to the planet's core and repair the LMS Explorer. Lego Rock Raiders was a very popular series in 2000, but now the sets have become slightly rare.

Lego Racer 2 (PC/PS1)

Another nostalgic game that takes place in the Lego universe. As the name suggests, it is a racing game that spans the Lego City Center, Arctic, Mars, Adventure and Racer themes, which were also popular at the time. The building mechanics are pretty basic, but the game was still really good

Dark Souls 3

Platform: PC    Playtime: 100 hours

This took a while because I was also recording it to put up on my channel. So I can only progress when I'm recording, and I can only do so past midnight so I don't get interrupted. Because of that, I was only able to play to progress an hour at a time, an hour and a half if I get to a boss. Played that long because I also ground for those covenant items, and practicing weapons and stuff off camera.

It's a great way to end the Dark Souls series. The boss fights are awesome, and there's plenty of callbacks and references to the past games. The changes they made to the combat, making it faster compared to the past Souls games is a step in the right direction too. The PC version had a real rough start, with the crashing and connection errors, but by the end, it all got resolved. It really was quite the journey.

If anyone wants to watch my playthrough, it can be found here: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/forums/topic/34319-dark-souls-3-mr-e-meatshield-plays/

It has that many episodes because I started out with 30 minute episodes, then by 37, realized I should do an hour each so that there's none where I stay at Firelink to just read stuff. Also eventually applied the "cut footage when too many attempts rule" at some point. This was really a learning experience for me as a content creator too. The last episode should be out on Friday.

Completed: Death Goat

I played some of the game a few months ago, it's been in early access but nothing has really been added to it since then. It's an alright twin stick shooter, better if you are a fan of heavy metal music. I was expecting them to add more content, other than some new music tracks. It looks like they probably ran out of money though with the bundles it has been in and lack of updates since February. As it is now there just isn't that much to the game.

Game: You Must Build A Boat 

Time: 8 hours 

The concept is interesting, a match 3 game combined with an endless runner where you fight monsters based upon the tiles you match

it is however more boring than it sounds. 

Plus it has the weird sense of telling us that "we can't lose in this game".

Sometimes you're bound to lose based upon the setup of tiles and the randomness of drops from new tiles. 

it makes it more about just pure luck than actual skill. 

It really seems as if it was a moblie game and i would not be suprised if it is. 

Completed: Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger

Good acting from most of the cast. Gives you different choices when talking to people or actions that you can take that might effect the story. Allows you to choose your ship and your wingman, which is a good addition to the series.

Combat isn't the interesting, AI can be abused easily. Shield animations look bad in combat. Awkward mission ending scenes. Horrible Kilrathi costumes. Odd inclusion of romance options. Moving around the ship to try to find everyone to talk to is a waste of time. Pilots don't really interact with each other like they would in scenes from the 1st and 2nd game where you would find them in the bar or where you would play cards together in story scenes.

As much as I like Mark Hamill and Tom Wilson in this I think I prefer the original games, though if I wanted to play an older space flight game for gameplay I'd take the X-Wing or Descent series instead of Wing Commander.

Completed: Pillars of Eternity and expansions
Time: 70.5 Hours

Pillars of Eternity is designed in the style of the old real time with pause Infinity Engine games of the late 90s and early 2000s and it does an excellent job of improving on what came before. The game has eleven different class types that each feel unique and give you multiple ways to build a character. Each of the stats are useful to all characters depending on how you are building your class, which is a great update when old games of this style usually had one to three stats that served no purpose for characters. You need camping supplies and drawing one enemy towards you usually brings the entire group so you are unable to just draw one or two strong enemies towards you then rest like you could in older games. Inns now give reason for paying to rest in them because different rooms will give your characters stat bonuses. You can turn on a faster game speed that will save you time traveling around environments, it's great to see a developer care about your time instead of trying to waste it so they can pretend that they made a longer game. Reputation makes more sense as it ties in to individual cities and factions, and can be used in some conversations. Experience is only given by completing quests and will only be gained in combat the first few times you kill certain enemies to complete their bestiary listing, this allows you to play the game with a more nonviolent or stealth play style instead of needing to kill everything to level up. Many fights can also be avoided through conversation if you have the right information, stats, reputation, class, or background. In a recent patch you were given the option to respec characters which is nice if you want to try out different builds, you can also create you own characters instead of using the game's companions if there are certain party combinations you want to try. Unused party members will also gain experience when not in the active party which is nice as it allows you to swap people out at different times. There are also a few occasions where the game uses a choose your own adventure story style mechanic where you can make different decisions or use different abilities and companions to get through different dangerous locations in a text and picture based format, which is a nice addition.

Pillars of Eternity creates a new setting and the writers have done a great job creating their world, races, gods, and lore, with a large focus on souls that are reborn over time in different bodies. I found all but one of the characters to be interesting and likable, with each of them helping you to learn more of the world and the people and places that inhabit it. Combat is a bit more exciting than previous games in this style as characters can learn many different abilities allowing you to play a more active role with more strategic options, though this does lead to more micromanaging. Engagements when characters are touching and attacks of opportunity if you try to walk by your enemies makes positioning important and prevents you from just attacking or having your ranged or magic characters attacked. The only negative things I found for the game is very poor in battle pathfinding, which can really be a problem with the new combat mechanics and that your stronghold really just isn't that interesting. The stronghold would benefit from more events and less random annoyances like small groups of enemies attacking, some of the things you build like the prison serve very little purple and it would have been nice to see more people move in to make use of some of the other things that could be added. It would have been nice to see conversations between party members involve more than two people since you can have five companions with you at once. It would have been a nice feature if the side missions that you can send your allies on where able to be played out through the choose you own adventure style story segments the game occasionally uses. Pillars of Eternity is a great RPG with mostly enjoyable combat, a well designed setting, and some great characters, I look forward to seeing what they do with this series in the future.

The expansions added a nice Icewind Dale style setting, as well as some content to the main area. A lot of combat but it added some great soulbound weapons that would bind to a character and improve as your fulfilled different objectives it would give you, strengthening the weapon also gave you more backstory on it. They also added three more characters that were all entertaining, one of them had the best companion quest (see final linked picture).

Game: Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity

Play Time: 3.5 hrs

Quake's second official expansion pack is its brother's opposite in a lot of ways. Level design was still pretty good, but a lot of new gimmicks and traps were introduced that caused more frustration than necessary. Gameplay around the middle levels got incredibly hectic at times, even more so than the final levels. New enemies were interesting but mildly frustrating more often than not, especially when they appeared in groups. The new weapons were satisfying to use, though. Final boss was fun and way more serious a threat than the one in Scourge of Armagon.

Rating: 3/5 stars

Game: Overlord & Overlord: Raising Hell
Time: 26 hours

Oh boy is this a difficult game to talk about.  I like the idea, crossing the kind of fantasy world you would see in Fable with the gameplay of Pikmin.  But the execution, the execution is unpolished as all heck.

Let's start with the positives: the Minions.  These guys were an absolute delight, full of character and charm; I just loved to make them destroy everything in sight and pick up everything and anything as armor and weapons.  I also loved how they were used and balanced, making the browns the most survivable with no utility, giving the blues the ability to swim and resurrect but making them the weakest, and the reds and greens as situational damage dealers that can remove certain obstacles.  Of course I rarely used them as strategically as I could have (placing reds in chokepoints to rain flaming loogies down on enemies and telling greens to hide and jump on enemies from behind) and preferred to just make everyone charge headfirst into danger, but that usually worked, especially once they got equipped and upgraded with some honestly nice looking armor and weapons.

The story was...ok, as was the humor.  It was very Fable-ish in execution.  Puzzles were fairly straightforward, although some I did have to look up the solution to, but I blame playing the game at 1 a.m. and being tired.

Now for the negatives: this game is either stupidly easy (a fun stupid) or unfairly difficult and frustrating.  The entire game is based around using the minions to do literally everything (if you try to charge into battle alone like Leeroy Jenkins you will end up like him) which can make the game extremely easy if you equip minions with powerful weapons and armor, have a lot of them (at least 30), buff them with your spells, and have several blues available to resurrect anyone who's killed.  However, there are times where you need to use your minions to do something and it just won't work (I'm looking at you final boss in Raising Hell) and it gets frustrating because the minions just don't do what they are supposed to do, leading to wasted time and unfair deaths.  This game requires some skill, but most of the frustration comes from the aforementioned lack of polish instead of a challenge.

Overall, it's good and the frustration was only in a few areas, but the frustration was still fairly high during those areas.  Just don't play it with a mouse and keyboard.

Ah, I'm finally back in Australia! And the first thing I did: clean up my room that has been turned into a storage room by my sister, and sleep on a mattress laid on the floor of my bedroom. Because apparently she used my bed for her room. What a weird way to sleep.

67) Michigan: Report from Hell.

Platform: PS2

This is a game from Suda51, the creator of No More Heroes & Lollipop Chainsaw. It's one of his earlier games. This game is about you playing as a camera man for a tv show in the middle of some zombie attack. You are accompanied by a boom mic operator Jean-Phillipe Brisco and a lot of women tv reporters which are changeable because anyone of them can die. Based on your choices and if they die in game. 

Since you're a camera man, you can do what camera men does. Tell the reporters to do stuff for you and film stuff! This game has a morality system which will affect the ending you will get. You get 3 kinds points for how you film things. If you film stuff like people about to get killed by a monster, you'll get a "suspense point". If you film people actually getting killed by a monster even though you are able to help them, you'll get "immoral point". If you film the female reporters in various sexy shots, you'll get "erotic point". 

Pretty interesting game, with some really bad voice acting. But that's what's make this game charming. Witness the game for thyself!

68) Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

A good improvement over the first game, but the ending sucks monkey crap. Not worth anyone's time unless it's $5. Stay away from this game.

69) Sherlock Holmes: the Devil's Daughter

A sequel to the previous game Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishment, and it has the same gameplay as before. Difference is there's more minigames, and the cases are much trickier to solve. Really good brain teaser game for detective game lovers.

70) Homefront: the Revolution.

Not as bad as people say it was. It's extremely glitchy and the first half of the game is pretty boring, but the second half gets better, the game is pretty fun with a cool multi form weapons which lets you switch 1 weapon into 3 different weapons, and the Timesplitters 2 easter egg. Worth it just to play this easter egg that's console exclusive on PC with a mouse and keyboard.

Completed: Wooden Floor

Wooden Floor is a first person game that has you exploring an old house with a layout that changes as you explore it, shutting a door when you enter a room and then opening it again can cause you to find a completely different room than the one you had just left. As you make your way through the house you will find keys and notes that will help you to progress. It advertises itself as a horror game but unless some of the sounds scare you or small jump scares,there is really little to be scared of, you won't be running into monsters, enemies, horrific scenes, etc and when there is no danger it is hard to be scared of something. You might see things or have supernatural events happen in certain rooms, such as an upside down room that suddenly regains gravity when you enter, a stretching hallway, floating beams you have to jump across, or having a room suddenly starting to flood with water. You can't run but can move a little faster if you jump everywhere. The game has good sound design and it looks pretty good for the budget price. There are two different endings that you can get. It's a low priced, short, game that makes exploring the house interesting, and throws in some moments that change up the environment, a good buy if you are into these kind of games but it doesn't do anything mechanically interesting to change the minds of anyone else, atmospheric but offers little else.

Completed: Wooden Floor 2 Resurrection

Wooden Floor 2 Resurrection is a sequel of the first game and plays in mostly the same way, it is a first person game that has you exploring an area and completing a few puzzles. You get more of an inventory this time, being able to use a lantern, crowbar, and keys. The game maintains the atmospheric sound quality of the original Wooden Floor but the music can now be loud and somewhat out of place at times. You start outside of the house that you spent most of the last game in and explore a little more of the outside later on but those areas are pretty dull and lack what made the first game interesting. The game itself is less interesting the first with a house that doesn't have rooms as interesting as the original and mostly forgets the mechanic of the first by not changing the rooms, it has simple dull puzzles, odd controls to perform certain actions and they don't always register properly, and it frequently ruins its own atmosphere by showing odd text promotes or messages like "please wait" when it needs to load something. Like the original, the game is also short. The first one is worth a look but this one if a much less interesting game overall.

Completed: Wing Commander 4 The Price of Freedom

Better looking FMV, including actually seeing characters in ships. Characters interact with each other more instead of just you. Great interactions between Maverick and Maniac. Allows you to choose from a lot more wingmen, not all story significant, and allows you to choose between missions to go on at a few points and ways to outfit or improve your ships. Still not that big of a fan of the gameplay, likely less so 20 years later, but was a good evolution for the series.

Game: Overwatch

Platform: PlayStation 4

Time (currently): 34 hours

So I'll played a lot of Overwatch. With groups of people, without groups of people, with groups of people messing with private match, events with people. While I am not perfect for all the characters (Specially the Healers.) I figure I can speak on the game finally after playing so much, for so long, and understand a lot of it. So where to start, Overwatch is a multiplayer hero shooter that focus on team play on objective based modes. Forcing players to rely on their teammates for support, as well as rely on themselves to adapt to the changing conditions. In Overwatch you are free to change your hero at any moment, this is meant for players to once again adapt to the changing battle. There are damage, support, tanks, and healers classes which divides the heroes into them. The game modes are divided and decided by what map you'll play. Meaning that map is designed for that game mode and only that game mode.

Overwatch's future dlc (maps, heroes, skins, etc) will all be free going forward. However, because of this there is a micro-transactions system in the game for the Loot Boxes. You get Loot Boxes as you level up each time. At a certain point by around level 20 your exp needed to level will peak and no longer climb. Meaning you getting Loot Boxes won't drag on and stay at a steady pace. These Loot Boxes give you random awards of; Sprays, skins, emotes, voice lines, intros, and victory poses all of which once again are random of what you get and what you get it for. These Loot Boxes can be purchased if you desire, this system funding the games future content. Personally as long as the awards from the Loot Boxes stay cosmetic, I have no issue.

Overwatch's one current downfall on Consoles is it's price point at $60, which turns a lot of people off. Because to be fair currently you can argue there isn't enough content for the game for that price. I much rather Blizzard brought the $40 dollar price point over to Consoles (That they have on PC) and make it digital only. Because I do feel it is a $40 dollar game in it's current state. Now on the flip side you can argue that even at $60 dollars right now you know free content is coming and will fill the game out. Which is the invest I made with the game. But doesn't mean I think people should invest if they feel it's not much for them yet.

Overwatch is very fun, with or without friends. The heroes are unique and interesting in their own right, even spawning their own fan characterizations already. It's not a perfect game and will take time to polish it. Which Blizzard has been strong with and already made changes to two heroes already. But it's only the start of something new for Blizzard, and in time (Even right now) I think they got something special on their hands.

PS - For those you may say "Multiplayer games can't be beaten!" this is a quote from the original post. Go look for yourself. 

For a game to be considered beaten either finish the single player portion of the game or, for games without campaigns (MMOs, sports games, multiplayer only games, etc), play to a point where you have seen what the game has to offer.