• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kitasu_Arano

Your selling point for next gen.

35 posts in this topic

I would like to see what everyones was/is. Me personally for the PS4 was KHIII being the main console not the port. And for the Xbox One it was two words and two words alone...ULTRAAAAAAAAA COMBOOOOOO!

For me? Over-advertisement and most likely false promises. I won't upgrade to next-gen unless it'll be like the gaming industry's version of healthcare. Adopt or get banned.

I wont be getting the new consoles for a while. The price tag just isn't worth it IMO when I already have what I need with a PC.

I will get xbox one at lauch and i only need one game. Battlefield 4

I wont be getting the new consoles for a while. The price tag just isn't worth it IMO when I already have what I need with a PC.

Yeah I agree. I already have my PC running through my TV, choice between controller or keyboard + mouse, and Steam..... I really see no reason outside of game exclusives to run out and get one of the next gen consoles (if I had to choose one it would be probably be a PS4).

Xbox One Day One, Can not wait for the midnight release in just under 2 weeks time.

All paid for and ready to go!

I will buy ps4 in next years summer because of the new killzone. :rolleyes:

Nippon Ichi is a confirmed developer for the ps4, that alone is enough for me. I hope they make a new disgaea game for the ps4.

Not really a selling point. I am simply ready for the next gen. I feel like current gen games hit a wall, and have been sputtering the last year or so. GTAV being a notable exception. 

I want a new console, and new technology, and games that are pushing towards some level of a refreshing experience, or at least a blast to play. There are inherent risks of being an early adopter of consoles, such as hardware and software malfunctions. But, not enough to deter me. 

Just like what Nytefury said, being a PC gamer the only reason I'd get a console would be console exclusives.

As for which one I'd choose, mostly the PS4. But seeing as I fell in love with Forza 4, I'd get the Xbox One just for Forza 5. Then maybe for Dead Rising 3.

But that's about it, the PS4 simply wins over the Xbox One in almost every way and it's obviously the better choice.

I'll be getting the PS4 around summer time just before the launch of Fifa 15

My selling point is better technology.

I'm not getting anything myself for some time. But I would probably go for the Xbox one myself. Yeah, the PS4 has better software/hardware, and a better pricetag. But the Xbox One simply beats it out in terms of flexibility and the Kinect 2.0 looks like it can be utilized like how the actuall Kinect was wanted to.

People remember the Steel Battalion kinect game, and how much it sucked? I think with the new Kinect 2.0. It might be possible not just to have one person commanding a mech, but have an entire mech crew in one room. Of course, that remains to be seen...

X1- for me because of the media features and software

PS4-software

Titanfall! Otherwise I would be buying PS4.

I had a 360 for a few years, got up a collection of around 40 Xbox games. Sold the games, kept the console. Somewhere in there I got a PS3 in a deal for buying a TV or something a while ago. So I used the money I got from my games and purchased all the PS3 exclusives, had tons of fun. In my "professional" opinion, you should get whichever one you have more friends buying. If all your friends are indecisive, get an Xbox, I think it's more social with PS3 not having any party/private chat capabilities when your friends are all playing different games and whatnot. If you have no friends, get a PlayStation. It's exclusives are better. Which exclusives to get first? All games made by Naughty Dog. Personally, I will probably end up getting an Xbox One if I can find a good deal, or I'll just wait for reviews to come out first. Fun fact, PS4 comes out on my birthday in three days. :)

My selling point was new technology however, I won't buy the new consoles until mid July of 2014 mainly because I'm spending most of my money on that new GTX 780 Ti and similar future proofing for my PC.

XB1... what got me is i mainly use my console for online gaming now and with the talk of 300,000 new severs ready to kick on at launch and the new cloud system added it is going to be an easy transition from 360 to 1 with the online play with less lag and log in wait time.... and with that cloud system you are going to see a lot of companies jump ship because they can save a shit ton of money using the cloud system because they are not required to set up and maintain as many severs for the online support....

Hmm. Just my friends I suppose. Both consoles are equal and all, but there's no point getting a PS4, digging myself a hole, entering the hole, laughing like a maniac and cuddling my console while repeatedly saying "my precious" when I can play with my mates on XBone. :)

For me, it's the idea of having something new that is more powerful. Overall, the next-gen consoles seem to be a significant step up in the quality of the gaming experience. More power, better graphics, 60 FPS, new IPs, and new user interfaces all make me excited to welcome in the next generation of consoles. I personally will be getting an Xbox One and I'm very excited to play games like Ryse, Forza, Dead Rising and even games like FIFA 14 and Assassin's Creed 4! The next generation is right around the corner and if it's as good as the last, we are all going to have some awesome treats and surprises in store!

My selling point is which will have the better exclusives.  I choose the xbox because it has halo, somewhat self explanatory. 

I don't have much of a selling point except for the fact that there would be new gaming experiences next gen.  Besides that, I just want buy a console and stick a disc in. Plain and simple.

Mine would definitely have to be all the sports stuff on the side. I am a huge sports fan so all that fantasy stuff on the side would be great for me.

I love the controller of the One over the PS4. Also, the launch titles for the One are more appealing to me right now.