• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Malphisto

Angry Army deploying in ARK: Survival Evolved?

33 posts in this topic

I actually recently played the Free Trial for it on the Xbox One. Must say, I thoroughly enjoyed what I saw. As a long time fan of Terraria and other games like it, it immediately got my attention and I made the absolute most out of that short time I had with it. And after having seen the news that the game will also feature Split-Screen Two Player? I'm sold.

Article Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ark-survival-evolved-xbox-one-getting-two-player-l/1100-6433137/

That being said, I jumped on here to see if the clan had anything in progress for it. I saw a twitch stream with Joe saying he liked it and even had intentions of possibly purchasing a server as well. Will there be a sub-forum for it and an in-game clan (Tribe?) for the AJSA? Judging from those trailers, looks like some serious potential for epic PvP action as well. Could totally see a giant castle built into a mountain side like Kaer Trolde from the Witcher 3 with the Angry Army flag flapping about.

Eiousx likes this

If Joe rents a server it'll almost certainly be on the PC. On Xbox One, there is still potential especially if there is an mmo clan/ grouping system in place.

Yep, there sure is: http://ark.gamepedia.com/Tribe:Tribes

Seems rather extensive. Apparently the Xbox One version has a higher player population as well, most likely due to it getting actual exclusives like a friggen robotic T-Rex. Clans in the game are called Tribes and just being in one apparently gives everyone all manner of benefits.

Contact Rune, he would be very interested in this. Also, one of the best ways to get a game supported is to try to garner interest and players by leading it yourself through our unofficial game support system. I have no doubt people would be interested. 

Sadly, the days of me leading clans and such have been over for many a year. Not sure I really possess the mental fortitude or free time to give the position the kind of dedication it deserves. A couple years ago I handed the reigns over to one of my officers for the Crimson Knights. I'm proud to say he's really come into his own with it and the clan has been running smoothly for a solid year without any need for me to get involved. (They grow up so fast... *Teary Eyes*)

Though, always willing to lend my services when possible. I'm not really sure what the requirements would be for officer positions, though I suppose that would all greatly depend on how the game feels after a fair bit of time has been invested in it. You can definitely count me in as a member at least if the Angry Army sets up shop in the game. I'll need to get the game first (Probably this weekend) and then play around more with it. My life schedule is kinda wonky since I'm still recovering from back surgery. Nerve damage sucks, no joke.

But yeah, anyways. I'll hit up Rune and toss him the link for this. If anything it seems like this game could serve as a good means of recruiting more troops and continuing to grow the Angry Army in both numbers and reputation.

Eiousx likes this

I'll try to get the game soon as well to see what it's like.

Hello Malphisto, thanks for the message. I have not personally tried out the game myself but have heard many good things from members and it is funny to see some of the crazy things that go on within the game.

There is no formal presence yet as the game is still in preview on Xbox One. It wouldn't hurt to set up a foundation for the game as it is still in preview and when it does launch this Summer we'll already be jumping in ready to go. ARK does provide us with a unique opportunity and I'll be on the look out for members who want to enhance their experience in the Angry Army by either leading or participating in an organized, game-specific group.

Thank you for your interest and posting/messaging me. Really do appreciate it.

Eiousx and Malphisto like this

The game is fun, it needs some work though. It bogs down a lot even when playing single player. I hope they do get a server going though.

Eiousx likes this

I dont think Joe will ever buy a server to make the game official, partly because he said it would never be an official game when Del ran the PC server (Which I think no longer exists)

It appears to be getting far more attention on the Xbox One compared to PC. Could probably be due to the fact that consoles really miss out on a lot of great PC titles. At any rate, I think the console experience will probably be better than it was with the PC.

I must say, I really like the attitude that the developer has for it as well. They have already come out and said that there will be ZERO micro-transactions for the game. They also express a good deal of ambition for it like wanting to add a feature where you can climb trees and build legit tree houses at some point. You can also apparently start your character out on an offline, single player world and then freely transfer that character to an online multiplayer server. HUUUUGE potential with this game. And they're constantly adding to it, with plans to get more and more in-depth with the content and replay value.

This game definitely feels like a serious contender for Minecraft, especially given how much better the overall quality is.

As of writing this, the install for it is now at 89%. I have a feeling tonight will end up being an all nighter for me with it. I'd be lying if I said I haven't been looking forward to this all week.

Eiousx likes this

Yeeeeeah.... So the wife woke up and made me go to bed after lecturing me about staying up all night. XD

I reached level 10 and learned a great deal.

For anyone else who has decided to get the game, here's just a few handy hints I found useful.

1: Stone Pickaxe produces more Thatch than Wood from trees and more Raw Meat than Hide from killed Dinos.

2: Stone Hatchet does the opposite, produces more Wood than Thatch and more Hide than Raw Meat.

3: You can Hydrate yourself simply by submerging underwater. However, you can ALSO get water when it rains and from eating berries.

4: BE PATIENT. Don't start off looking to kill Dinos right away. Instead, focus on simple tasks like foraging plants for berries and Fiber.

5: Fiber is VERY important.

6: Hunt during the daytime, never at night.

7: Starting off, be sure to use your points for Engrams wisely. You'll want a Stone Hatchet and a Campfire as soon as possible. Once you get those you'll pretty much be able to sustain yourself simply by eating berries and harvesting wood. That takes care of all your basic survival needs and you can gradually work yourself up to getting clothes. Be sure to also invest in getting the Storage Crate too as you'll need those immensely relative soon once you get into the swing of things.

8: DON'T BOTHER WITH SPEARS. They're a pain in the ass to make due to how many resources they cost and they weigh a ton in your inventory. I was carrying 20 of them before I began actively hunting Dinos but I literally could not have next to anything else on me to do so. And the Dinos I was going after survived at least 12-14 Spears a piece.

9: Don't bother attacking the Runners, they can and will almost always get away from you and you're nowhere near fast enough to keep up with them. Instead, focus your efforts on hunting Dodo Birds and Trykes. (Trykes run in a straight line, so just trick them into running into some trees and they'll get stuck, allowing you to easily just spam them with ranged attacks until they die)

10: The Sling Shot is your best friend. Its much easier, less time consuming and more cost effective to use that to just knock an enemy unconscious and then move in while its down to hack the crap out of it with your hatchet.

11: GET A SLEEPING BAG. If you die at any point, you can use it as a Respawn Point to avoid getting randomly thrown around the map. Once you can manage it, also get yourself the Simple Bed as well because that becomes a Permanent Respawn Point. You can also use these for Fast Travel around the map.

I'll post up more as I continue to figure things out.

XvBlazinvX likes this

It appears to be getting far more attention on the Xbox One compared to PC. Could probably be due to the fact that consoles really miss out on a lot of great PC titles. At any rate, I think the console experience will probably be better than it was with the PC.

I must say, I really like the attitude that the developer has for it as well. They have already come out and said that there will be ZERO micro-transactions for the game. They also express a good deal of ambition for it like wanting to add a feature where you can climb trees and build legit tree houses at some point. You can also apparently start your character out on an offline, single player world and then freely transfer that character to an online multiplayer server. HUUUUGE potential with this game. And they're constantly adding to it, with plans to get more and more in-depth with the content and replay value.

This game definitely feels like a serious contender for Minecraft, especially given how much better the overall quality is.

As of writing this, the install for it is now at 89%. I have a feeling tonight will end up being an all nighter for me with it. I'd be lying if I said I haven't been looking forward to this all week.

Just want you to bear in mind, you are saying the exact same things we were when the game first released.

Change is one of the few universal constants in our world.

Always best to remain optimistic.

Hey guys,

I've been playing this game since it came out for Xbox and I'm hooked. As there is no Angry Army, may I suggest we all meet up on one server and start a tribe!? Or failing that join me on EU 575 as the server started yesterday and I already have a large stone base!

It would be hella cool to get the AA to take over a server!!

Msg me on xbox if interested: Q8999

Malphisto likes this

I don't have a working headset for my Xbox One but I'll eventually work towards getting one. Once that happens I'll check out that server and hit you up.

As time goes on and the game gets closer to release I imagine we'll likely see an increased interest in the game and the idea of us all grouping up in a server will become a reality. For now learn the game, get to know and befriend your fellow AJSA members who are in the preview, help guide new players etc.

I may be getting the game myself in preview to play and check out the game personally.

Cool, my tribe came over from the other server and got bored =( so no further progress has been made. I fear it may be a lost cause tbh. Never mind we can all start up together on a new 'new' server when the time comes!

I have been playing Ark for the past two days and it is well worth the $30+ price tag. As its still a game preview you can tell that it still needs work, more so with the more populated servers. The game crashes from time to time but the game play is worth it. Starting out dare I say, as a caveman. You are thrust into this huge island with dinos and other players. (Avoid pvp if you dont like being killed by other players.)

You can tell this game is very PC. Just the graphics and the interface alone gives it away. This game is perfect for Turtle Beaches, Tritons, and other headsets that allow you to hear the game without having to turn up your tv. Oh and make sure to never eat your own poo, it does nothing but poison you. Just don't do it.

RuneX likes this

I to have been playing (a lot actually). Server is 291 PvE tribe target name magic man if you need any help or want to try it out for a bit and have no idea what to do.. Gamertag chris62475.

RuneX and RantingMuppets like this

I'm like level 33 now and still loving the game. I haven't played in days though because of life matters and The Division Beta, but will be getting back to it when able. May hopefully be getting a headset soon, the missus was asking me about them yesterday. Its a serious drag not being able to actually communicate with folks which is why I've been sitting out of AJSA events, sadly... Which sucks because I'd love to do something with Halo 5 Warzone and the Angry Army but it kinda defeats the purpose if no one on our team can hear me.

ARK is much the same way. Actually, I'd say with ARK having a headset is sorta mandatory in that respect. But yeah, anyways...

Its cool that after the game officially launches we'll be able to keep our character data. Which is good because that means only having to go through the whole leveling process one time and then just being able to enjoy the game afterwards. Would love to see like a Mega Structure built to serve as the ultimate base. Maybe get a little ridiculous and make a damn Death Star. Muwahahaha...... (Ok, maybe more than a LITTLE ridiculous, BUT THE POINT STILL STANDS!)

Or a Zord from the Power Rangers... Hmm... 7AM sillyness starting to kick in. That would be the sign that its time for bed.

I've been playing it for a while now and I realy enjoy it, I am already in a tribe with my mates and its very interesting negotiating peace with other tribe and having that fine line between other tribes. One of the biggest gripes I have is the fact that currently servers can only hold 70 people as a maximum, which for an MMO is quite small, I dont know if when the game comes to full release they will increase server capacity or not but I hope they do because its very frustrating.

This obviously will limit the numbers allowed in the tribe as i'd imagine an AJSA tribe could attract enough people to fill up a server on their own, it could make the game boring as being able to interact with other tribes is part of the fun, the other thing to managing a successful tribe is to make sure everyone contributes and doesnt just do their own thing. Our tribe leader has got frustrated lately as only a few members are contributing to the constant eveloution of the base.

Betrayal, that's what ark PvP is you get betrayed everytime. It's doing my head in. If anyone would be willing to give me a hand I would be very greatful.

Ps. I'M trapped in a cage with 3 people who betrayed me standing around laughing. Arrrgghhh, it's driving me crazy, save me angry army, save me please! They then invite me to a party to listen to their fake laughing, arrrggghhhh!! Please make it stop, make it stop!

RuneX and Shagger like this