• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

Joe's the Division preview. Looking, pretty good actually.

10 posts in this topic

I was worried that this game won't have melee after I heard it was removed. Good thing there is. Not as extensive as Uncharted or Watch Dogs per say, it's just a weapon smash attack, but at least it's there.

I'm going to play the beta which will be released on 29 January till 31. I will decide if I want this game based on that. Usually these kinds of Diablo/ Borderland esque grinding gameplay bores me, but I might like this one. Hopefully.

This isn't what they promised at E3 at all what so ever. I get having to cut some things out because of time constraints or they aimed to high. But it feels like they aimed the entire game to high, marketed it at what they wished to make and then are giving us a good enough game. Things gone from what they told Joe and other Press. Guild system, Melee system, MMO (It's 4 player co-op with a free for all loot cave area. They promised to see guild mates in the guild base of operations where we can get together and group up and head out. They also promised raids and dungeons) several buildings that can be liberated to become base of operations, the trade mark graphics promises and let downs. I bet the port to PC is gona be shit like all the others and they are gona ammass DLC story stuff. I mean through the whole thing Joe just sounds so defeated when asking questions to see if what he was told was still there and it wasn't. You can kinda hear his heart break. Can't way for a Angry review of the game and joe to tell them they fucked up. I had such high hopes for the game too but it seems they want to make their own version of destiny to compete with destiny even though the consensus is that destiny sucks.

Beatmaster A.C. and Raspharus like this

This isn't what they promised at E3 at all what so ever. I get having to cut some things out because of time constraints or they aimed to high. But it feels like they aimed the entire game to high, marketed it at what they wished to make and then are giving us a good enough game. Things gone from what they told Joe and other Press. Guild system, Melee system, MMO (It's 4 player co-op with a free for all loot cave area. They promised to see guild mates in the guild base of operations where we can get together and group up and head out. They also promised raids and dungeons) several buildings that can be liberated to become base of operations, the trade mark graphics promises and let downs. I bet the port to PC is gona be shit like all the others and they are gona ammass DLC story stuff. I mean through the whole thing Joe just sounds so defeated when asking questions to see if what he was told was still there and it wasn't. You can kinda hear his heart break. Can't way for a Angry review of the game and joe to tell them they fucked up. I had such high hopes for the game too but it seems they want to make their own version of destiny to compete with destiny even though the consensus is that destiny sucks.

Its ubisoft what did you expect?

Rainbow 6 siege was a complete mess when it released and it still is. Assassins creed games have been getting worse and worse.  I have no doubt this game will be a broken mess on release and i can see the complaints about the loot system amassing instantly.

Raspharus likes this

Always be pessimistic of games released by Ubisoft (and EA) That way it will always exceed your low expectations. 

Don't forget microtransactions

We mobile market now.

aside from all the letdowns and promises that were not kept, i hoped for an open world, co-op/SP RPG game. The Division could have been a realistic "Borderlands" but no...just another overhyped, medicore WoW Clone with modern Manhatten skin and the same, lame, static combat system/gameplay where even the 1st level enemy is a bulletsponge and survives being shot in the head by a sniper rifle.

It's not a WoW clone. Joe said it best. It's a Destiny clone.

I can't help but be somewhat interested. I have NOT been following this game, so I don't know what promises were broken or whatever, but when I saw it, before Joe even mentioned it... It looked like a modern instead of futuristic destiny with actual loot...To me that's destiny's largest issue by far, even more than the lack of story, fuck story. I care about the looting mechanics, and seeing the ability to loot stuff from enemies or containers makes all the difference instead of the 1-3 rewards at the end of a mission shit, I absolutely hate that kind of loot mechanic, and that's my biggest gripe with destiny.

That and being able to play this on the PC. Destiny gets pissed on because people hyped it up to the moon before the game even came out, then the fall was that much harder, but if they didn't have such dumb hopes to begin with, Destiny is still a fun enjoyable game in its own right imo, and currently this game looks like it does some things better.

Rain likes this

The game does not look to bad at all actually. Im looking forward to playing the game. Hopefully it is as fun as it looks. Now I am aware that at E3 they promised a whole bunch of stuff that is currently not in this preview but the game still looks good nonetheless.

Unfortunately I have to play it on my PS4 because my PC died. I know that my experience is going to be far less on the PS4 then on the PC but hopefully its not to bad.