• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I recently started a serial.

http://jukepop.com/home/read/9197

You can think of the basic premise being a fantasy setting in the future. In other words, my work is going to be a Science Fantasy, set in a completely constructed world with a bit of each genre mixed in. If I would have to compare it to something, I would compare the world to One Piece, Fate/stay night, and the Marvel amd DC universes. I am taking inspirations from classic literature, history, mythology, comics, anime and manga, art, and music.

I could describe the main character, but I believe that it is better to show than tell, so I will keep the description brief. When I was preparing my story, I noticed a trend in modern day storytelling. A lot of the times, it seems that the main protagonist is either good and "boring", or morally ambiguous and "interesting". There is nothing wrong with those archetypes, it is just a pet peeve trope of mine. That is why I designed the main character to break various conventions in both real life society and story telling.

I am 17 years old right now, and I plan on working on this series for a while. However, since I am still in high school, the prologue is not yet completed. It almost is however, and when I get caught up with my school work, you can expect a weekly addition to the serial. If you are interested in cross genre and genre busting works of art, then this series is definitely for you.

MariaOlivia likes this

I'm late with my reply, as usual as i've just read this thread. 

It's nice to meet another who enjoys writing as much as I do, so i'm going to support a fellow author by saying; you've chosen an excellent " profession ", if

you can call it one. But i'm using this word due to a lack of a better term as i'm not an English speaker myself.

It's good your main character is breaking new ground. 

While i'm more of a traditional good vs evil -type of writer ( if the story itself requires it ), and who's characters are mostly either of those two, it's good to see ( or

read in this case ) about other alternatives  as that's called reaching into entirely new depths.  

And that's never a bad thing!

A writer has to stay fresh with her or his work to be able to write new content and avoiding going stale.

I just wish this tread would stand-out better somehow as it's easy to miss as it is. :mellow:

Maybe you could copy+paste your story once it's finished and post it under a new thread?

Add Novel / Fiction / Story behind the name of your story. 

Good work all-in-all BC-Dizzle . 

Keep up with the good work, and never stop writing as it opens up whole new doors.

BC-Dizzle likes this

Thanks for replying! I am not sure if you read any yet, but the prologue is lengthy. Maybe I can put an excerpt up, but I can't put it up when it finishes since it probably gonna go on for a couple if years. Aside from that, I have up an anthology of poems and my other writings. I can put up a poem if you want?

MariaOlivia likes this

Pitch Black

My eyes have been sullied by this filthy world

I avert my gaze as my eyes are cleansed by golden fire

I have cast aside the weakness of mercy, and destroyed the foolish oppression

The fools of this world will know my name

As I have the power of a dragon

And the hatred of a devil

I have thiefed away all that has been taken, and retribution will serve as the reparations

I now walk a cold and empty road soaked in crimson blood

The thundering of my blood soiled boots are echoed in the valley of death as I climb a mausoleum of white skulls

A throne that is fit only for me

Garbs that drape the world

I stand atop of the solemn spire

As I gaze upon the world

A future covered in pitch black wrath

MariaOlivia likes this

Well, this was --- powerful, and you used some strong symbolism in your poem. And you caught me slightly off-guard with it.

Especially this line struck out; 

The thundering of my blood soiled boots are echoed in the valley of death as I climb a mausoleum of white skulls

A throne that is fit only for me . "

Pitch black indeed, and it made me think about both death and black metal melded into as one, except this was a poem and not lyrics to a song.

Thank you for sharing.  :)

BC-Dizzle likes this

Thanks for the feedback. There is another porm of mine that is the antithesis in terms of mood and theme. Here it is.

Shining

My eyes have been betrayed by false illusions

A golden flare reignites my eyes and purifies my soul

I have cast aside the illusion of superiority, and destroyed the notion of domination

The wicked shall be purged from this world

As I have the heart of a wolf

And the wisdom of a dragon

I will avenge all who have been wronged, and this black blade will carve my destiny

I now walk a silver road carved with the vestiges of the lost

The marching of my weightless boots resonate throughout the world

I climb the pale chain of fate, and destroy its origin

A throne which is the new cornerstone

A majestic attire that drapes the world

I am at the peak of a boundless world

As I behold a new future

A shining victory that creates the heavens and earth

MariaOlivia likes this