• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Ixnatifual

Darkest Dungeon

20 posts in this topic

Anyone else excited for this game? It's releasing very shortly, and I'm quite hyped still after seeing that early gameplay footage from so long ago. Finally it's here!

The main difference from the Early Access version in terms of content, as far as I can tell, is the inclusion of a new, final dungeon you must beat to complete the game. Which is called Darkest Dungeon and as such the game's title makes sense.

So even the playtesters should have something new to look forward to.

I have the early access version and while the RNG sometimes brings my blood to a boil, its quite fun

I have a hard time staying interested for long because believe it or not the game is too easy... Making it too hard.

Basically you do 20 weeks with no deaths and you find your roster is full. Cant upgrade more, and heroes are too high level to tinish off all the tier 1 bosses.. Wuite fustercating.

I wish you could stop leveling sohow.

Of course you can just fire heroes ro make space but i hate doing that, which makes me lose interest chus my heroes just mean nothing to me.

Not the best Steam launch as the game is suffering from major framerate drops, but they are looking into it. Apparently there were no issues prior to the release patch. Since it's turn-based, the drops are less detrimental, fortunately. Have been enjoying it so far.

eh, I never had frame drops, but as you said no issues prior to launch, I'm just confirming that is true for me at least... just letting people who didn't get the game yet know they weren't sitting on their hands regarding this issue the whole time.

Gonna play it again once i have the time, loved it when it came out in early acces.

I freakin love Darkest Dungeon, been playing since Early Access!!

God damnit Bast, are you streaming anytime soon in european friendly time? I don't even know how much time has passed since i was able to watch any of your streams. I think the last one was Resident Evil Emo 6

i only watched Vegeta (Renegade for life) playing it, a while ago. It was pretty good, i put it on wishlist. Have too many games to play for now.

Ixnatifual likes this

The latest patch fixed the framerate issues. The game is great so far! Really enjoying it. Hard to stop playing.

ADSF I WANT DARKEST DUNGEON SO BAD BUT I'M POOOOOOR

DEMON NEEDS HIS DAILY DOSE OF GRIMDARK

ADSF I WANT DARKEST DUNGEON SO BAD BUT I'M POOOOOOR

DEMON NEEDS HIS DAILY DOSE OF GRIMDARK

me too but i constantly keep being strangled by my own wallet, while it's screaming at me "WAIT FOR THE NEXT SALE." in my mind over and over again.

Ixnatifual likes this

Well friends... maybe try your luck at winning Darkest Dungeon!!

I often giveaway copies when I stream the game, i just love giving that game, its a labor of love from the devs and I love sharing it!

or try this, 2 days left!

https://gleam.io/1Ezpi/darkest-dungeon-giveaway

Beatmaster A.C. and Ixnatifual like this

I got a Darkest Dungeon thing requested on a drawthread

Goddamn I love this game

1454011302829.jpg

No, I didn't draw this, I WISH I was this good. I only requested it. 

Ixnatifual likes this

Im in week 25 to 30ish in my new game and am just about done all the tier 1 bosses. Just 2 left.. Which should be easy since i got much better guipd and smith upgrades since the first few.

That said i still find dat damn pounder cannon boss to be harder than the others. 2 people have to focus fire on the matchmaker evety turn. God forbid one misses. And the cannon is immune to everything and effextively has 275 hp after prot mitigation.. And that hp goes down slow as fuu because 2 dpsetd are killing the matchmaker. So all the damage you take from the blunderbuss/rogue summons really add up. Hate dat boss.

I found that boss really easy. My damage dealers could easily one-shot the matchmaker. Then I'd clean up any remaining brigands and punch the cannon a bit, then kill the new reinforcements and repeat. Took a while, but was basically on full health and no stress after the fight. Used a level 2 party consisting of a Vestal, a Plague Doctor, a Jester and a Crusader. Ideally I would have replaced the Plague Doctor and Jester with more front-loaded damage dealers such as Highwayman, Grave Robber or Arbalist, but what can you do.

Finally mustered up courage to beat the Prophet this weekend. He basically put two guys on Death's Door on his first turn last time I tried. This time I had an Occultist stack damage debuffs on him, making him a pushover. The bosses seem fairly gimmicky, not that it's necessarily a bad thing. Just might crush you hard when you don't know what they can do.

I would like to play more but i don't have the time. I have all the low level zones done but can't get my hands on the cove. It just screws me over and over again every time i try it out. Got to think about a different party composition. Maybe abomination occultist and something else to complement them. Not sure about that.

I would like to play more but i don't have the time. I have all the low level zones done but can't get my hands on the cove. It just screws me over and over again every time i try it out. Got to think about a different party composition. Maybe abomination occultist and something else to complement them. Not sure about that.

I'm also afraid that this one is too addictive to start (knowing me...), thou artwork and atmosphere are lovely indeed <3

Someday...