• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Alexander452

Darkest Dungeon Name Game

211 posts in this topic

jpNQ5Lc.jpg

c96uB2y.jpg

All of my laughs DHZjHxq.jpg

Well, to the sanatorium he shall go!

300px-Sanitarium.png?version=247e2fa6e57

Don't worry Laser, good ol nurse Kohaku will take goooooooddd care of you

Cit_tsukihime_-_kohaku_-_needle_time_-_b

Alexander452 likes this

jpNQ5Lc.jpg

c96uB2y.jpg

Is there an option to kidnap a bunch of people and force them to play cards with me?

Don't worry Laser, good ol nurse Kohaku will take goooooooddd care of you

Cit_tsukihime_-_kohaku_-_needle_time_-_b

I have better Idea: kidnap a bunch of bandits and force them to play cards with me.

Alexander452 likes this

Is there an option to kidnap a bunch of people and force them to play cards with me?

I have better Idea: kidnap a bunch of bandits and force them to play cards with me.

Good idea, buuut the game won't allow that. Needles are the only way!!

So Alexander, do you prefer curing his "Gambler" or "known cheat"? If you cure Gambler, he'll have to do some other things to relax, but if you cure known cheat, he'll have to gamble again and maintain the status quo. Personally I say Known Cheat, because it's funnier to think what will happen if he get it again. Hahaha.

Maybe you can kidnap a bunch in the sanitarium, because that's where you're going 

So Alexander, do you prefer curing his "Gambler" or "known cheat"? If you cure Gambler, he'll have to do some other thing to relax, but if you cure known cheat, he'll have to gamble again and maintain the status quo. 

Curing his "Known cheat" is cheaper, so im going with that. 

Kaz32 likes this

Good idea, buuut the game won't allow that. Needles are the only way!!

So Alexander, do you prefer curing his "Gambler" or "known cheat"? If you cure Gambler, he'll have to do some other thing to relax, but if you cure known cheat, he'll have to gamble again and maintain the status quo.

Maybe you can kidnap a bunch in the sanitarium, because that's where you're going 

I'm not an addict, I can stop whenever I want.

KILL THE GUYS WHO BANNED ME OR IT'S OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!

Due to last weeks drinking Legolas_Katarn is moving sluggishly (-10 dodge)

IcedAjack has once again stayed in his state of emptiness and refuses to stop meditating

Laserrifle125 went to the sanitarium to cure him from his cheating ways 

Scohui, ichig1vsnarut0, AveragePegasus and 2and900 is venturing further where lesser heroes would not dare enter (first veteran dungeon, so exciting)

FG7fp14.jpg

Mortality clarified in a single strike!

GXYnwEq.jpg

ozUym8Q.jpg

Dazed, reeling, about to break

yWYlqTK.jpg

Even the smallest change sets the stage to victory

NKqxk9o.jpg

New horrors appear the further we go

Iz3e46k.jpg

Disease, sickness, all attempts at weakening the body

0u3epTU.jpg

By getting coughed at, AveragePegasus gained the disease "Scurvy" giving her -40% bleed resist and -40% blight resist

Victory does not always mean eradication 

sd1Ia9u.jpg

(I won depspite retreating since i was supposed to scout 90% of the rooms and the last encounter was the last room)

By exploring the weald

Scohui gained the negative quirk "Ablutomania" which makes him obssesed with cleanliness, he also gained the postive quirk "Early Riser"

giK49MH.png

which gives him +2 speed if the torch is above 75

2and900 gained the negative quirk "Warrens Phobe" giving her +20% stress damage in the Warrens, she also gained the disease "Vertigo" giving her -50% move resist

Legolas_Katarn likes this

All you guys are currently on standby as im collecting gold with unknown heroes on some of the smallest dungeons 

As the unknown heroes completes their task 

Kaz32 after a long night of drinking is moving Sluggishly (-10 dodge) 

Laserrifle125 retired to his private dice game in an unknown location (missing for the week)

Meanwhile Scohui went to the sanitarium

2and900 went to meditate 

ichig1vsnarut0 went to pray to the higher powers

MadDemon64 went to quench his thirst at the tavern 

Laserrifle125 retired to his private dice game in an unknown location (missing for the week)

"Private dice game in an Unknown location", have you ever considered searching Vegas?

Alexander452 likes this

AveragePegasus and 2and900 went to the sanitarium to get rid of their diseases

Mastery over life and death was chief among our early pursuits.

We began in humility, but our ambitionj was limitless.

Who could have divined the prophetic import of something as unremarkable as a twitch in the leg of a dead rat ?

A devil walks these halls. Only the mad or the desperate go in search of him 

Laserrile125,Chumbry42,IcedAJack and Legolas_Katarn ventures into the dungeons in hunt of the necromancer (let this be known as the quest of crits)

IAqXbIA.jpg

A powerful strike!

cYrG6JU.jpg

Secrets, hidden and forgotten in all this mayhem

V0cKmdO.jpg

Unnerved, unbalanced

A9NKPmR.jpg

Precision and power!

XJYqSef.jpg

A singular strike!

sLs5KtP.jpg

Sometimes the best intentions are all that is made 

6rzx5xt.jpg

Masterfully executed

GV984mb.jpg

zWChKcL.jpg

Grevious injury, palpable fear...

eOgjLcL.jpg

A spark without kindling is a goal without hope

2wq0VBO.jpg

And now,the darkness holds dominion. Black as Death!

These tomes holds great secrets, some more usefull than others 

3Aod6NQ.jpg

by reading the tomes, Chumbry42 gains the positive quirk "Unholy slayer" giving him +10 ACC vs Unholy and +3 critical vs Unholy

Such a terrible assault cannot be left unanswered

JcIAElI.jpg

Toweriung.Fierce.Terrible.Nightmare made material 

RlOLMsq.jpg

Death, always approaching 

qmMxl3o.jpg

Terrors strikes the hearts veins, leaving the body unable to act

YqL6uKS.jpg

The ground quakes as horrors are used against horrors

PGKDfJ8.jpg

Death waits for the slightest lapse in concentration

A2ocaox.jpg

Strike the undead...

uQ5skFt.jpg

ST72hcR.jpg

tgJXnHZ.jpg

...as it strikes back

kRZH3xT.jpg

The dark secrets, once again proving it's good intentions (God damn that crit)

XFlhAAg.jpg

Even the reanimated bones can fell. Even the dead can die again

7nZtiaE.jpg

A powerful strike against the unending tides of horror

RQyjR6h.jpg

By exploring the ruins 

Chumbry42 gained the negative quirk "Deviant tastes" which bans him from the brothel

i wonder why eucckV6.gif 

He gained the positive quirk "Thick blooded" giving him +10% blight resist ,he also gained the disease "Lethargy" giving him -4 speed

IcedAjack gained the positive quirk "Eldritch slayer" giving her +10 ACC vs Eldritch and +3 critical against Eldritch 

Legolas_katarn gained the positive quirk "Clutch hitter" giving him +3 critical if HP is below 50%, he also gained the disease "Ennui" giving him -25% virtue chance

That was the most Crits in a single quest i have ever experienced so far 

jpNQ5Lc.jpg

c96uB2y.jpg

Oh+god+why+am+i+laughing+so+hard+_d120fe

Dammit Laser you're not allowed to launch ICBM's at people when they beat you at dice, that's not sportsmanly

Laserrifle125 likes this

Oh+god+why+am+i+laughing+so+hard+_d120fe

Dammit Laser you're not allowed to launch ICBM's at people when they beat you at dice, that's not sportsmanly

I didn't launch an ICBM, I just shot everyone in the room with an Full-auto laser rifle. 

I didn't launch an ICBM, I just shot everyone in the room with an Full-auto laser rifle. 

I'm not sure which is worse

While the unknown heroes stack up the gold...

IcedAjack, Kaz32,Chumbry42 and Legolas_Katarn all went together to the sanitarium 

And Scohui and AveragePegasus went on a drinking session together

The ways and rituals of blood sacrifice are difficult to master.

Those from beyond require a physical vessel, if they are to make the crossing line into our reality.

The timing of the chants is imperative. 

Without the proper utterances and precise intervals the process can fail spectacuarly

A nameless abomination, a testament to my failure. It must be destroyed!

Laserrifle125,Kaz32,IcedAjack and lxnatifual is set on a goal to destroy the Swine prince

rckBkcf.jpg

Precision is key to succes

WBJV7MK.jpg

iTQO701.jpg

A dizzying blow to body and brain

W3mCgoa.jpg

In times like these, comfort is in the shape of medical support

uFghSYl.jpg

Accuracy and deadly precision

8jTrFqQ.jpg

Why go for a single enemy, when there are multiple enemies

dtcxPtn.jpg

Curiosity is often harmless as the outcome is never dangerous

SDygums.jpg

TOVnZOU.jpg

Old sacrifices, long periods of time has led to the decaying diseases it now carries

f9bC94A.jpg

mLwDPKr.jpg

By disturbing the old decaying remains

Laserrifle125 gained the disease "Scurvy" giving him -40% bleed resist and -40% blight resist

lxnatifual gained the disease "Bulimic" Giving him -20% healing skills while in camp 

Fear and fraility finally claim their due...

OdumzRa.jpg

Ringing ears,blurred vision...The end approaches....

YpTgMYD.jpg

Such frail wounds are kept at bay with even the smallest care

sz6s3KW.jpg

As the horrors close in, hope is ever so far away

aZeLzTt.jpg

More blood soaks the soil, feeding the evil therein

gJ0cD6J.jpg

Self preservation is paramount, at any cost

6surp2n.jpg

A decisive pummeling!

6J13tq2.jpg

Despite the losses, the horror need to be defeated, despite it all, there is time to lick ones wounds 

3BI6Wpp.jpg

It is a travesty. A blundering mountain of hatread and rage

PBUx7i2.jpg

w0GBSXg.jpg

Death is merely around the corner, waitting, plotting

o8LVIOn.jpg

jXfrV5x.jpg

Marked, the prey for horrors to come 

z3Em3qJ.jpg

Even against the arbitrary chances, strikes are made 

0acaRKa.jpg

Panic fills the body...

LsskiiB.jpg

zcURaqP.jpg

The wounds are stacking, death closing in 

ldUKcAT.jpg

Fear, the cause of uncountable amounts of deaths 

Uta8VYd.jpg

Even when all seems lost, there is still hope if you look close enough 

c5Qohcp.jpg

Blurry vision, unable to regain balance...

ZjjPlhF.jpg

oVuXwSR.jpg

Even the most simple person know that this can't continue 

W38dLuU.jpg

YvbcJVD.jpg

Towering above, the force ever so deadly 

mX2gUoI.jpg

Death is knocking on multiple doors, ever lasting for more souls 

8MAk1e6.jpg

Despite clear visions of death, the fight still continues 

Rz6zKk9.jpg

This thing is even more horrible in death. Liquefaction cannot come soon enough

zBdP0f6.jpg

More dust, more ashes....

EcTjJwe.jpg

The frail attempt at silencing the horror

xmvof96.jpg

Stand fast, just yet

zr2INK2.jpg

Survial is a tenuous propostion in this sprawling tomb

HN804SB.jpg

Victory comes at the heaviest price, death

9DA3MaI.jpg

By surviving the Swine prince

IcedAjack gained the disease "Spotted fever" giving her -50% blight resist

Death is inevitable, lingering ever for more souls.

Only thing that can be done is to press forward

Well done. You seem to check a lot of things with a very high chance of causing negative effects, like corpse piles, did you know you can use items (shovels, herbs, bandages, torches, keys, etc) on almost everything to remove the chance of bad effects happening?

I'm looking forward to starting my playthrough but I'm waiting for the extra content they said they would add in March. With so much of the game being focused on losing characters or firing them to replace them with better ones I probably won't bother with naming people though.

Alexander452 likes this

Well done. You seem to check a lot of things with a very high chance of causing negative effects, like corpse piles, did you know you can use items (shovels, herbs, bandages, torches, keys, etc) on almost everything to remove the chance of bad effects happening?

I'm looking forward to starting my playthrough but I'm waiting for the extra content they said they would add in March. With so much of the game being focused on losing characters or firing them to replace them with better ones I probably won't bother with naming people though.

I knew that i could use keys and holy water, but not that the rest had a chance to do so as well. Thanks for the information (I might want to spend some gold on herbs and such)

I did not know that they were going to update it in march, more content to look forward to :D

Yeah, it is quite the challenge to have the same set of characters throughout my playthrough. 

As i have realized i need to use random heroes in the lower tier dungeons

Because lvl 3 characters won't go because they apparently see themselves "too good"

It is still fun to see how the named characters progress through my playthrough.

I knew that i could use keys and holy water, but not that the rest had a chance to do so as well. Thanks for the information (I might want to spend some gold on herbs and such)

I did not know that they were going to update it in march, more content to look forward to

Shovels can be used to safely break open cabinets and some other things, bandages can be used to safely handle some things, herbs can be used to disinfect corpse piles, holy water on different alters, torches can give 100% light if used on the tables in the first dungeon setting (while herbs will give you loot). I think everything has at least one type of item that removes the chance of a bad effect and that gives you bonuses if the reward is loot, it's why the worst traits are usually considered the ones that have characters interact with dangerous things automatically without using items.

In March I think they are adding the final backer class, a merchant, and town events. After that they still seem to be planning on adding more, including player mods.

Yeah, it is quite the challenge to have the same set of characters throughout my playthrough. 

As i have realized i need to use random heroes in the lower tier dungeons

Because lvl 3 characters won't go because they apparently see themselves "too good"

It's probably the first game I've seen where basically sending character on missions that will likely kill them, or just firing high level people when they get too many negative traits is both encouraged and really not going to cause you problems. It really fits the game that death is just expected and no big deal since you will always have free new recruits waiting for you.

Alexander452 likes this

NUUUUUUUUUU

I request a chance to avenge Kaz and Laserrifle! THESE SWINE HAVE NO IDEA THE FURY AND HATRED THEY'VE BROUGHT DOWN ON THEIR HEADS! 

darkest_dungeon__hunter_by_t_biddy-d75jq

In March I think they are adding the final backer class, a merchant, and town events. After that they still seem to be planning on adding more, including player mods.

It's probably the first game I've seen where basically sending character on missions that will likely kill them, or just firing high level people when they get too many negative traits is both encouraged and really not going to cause you problems. It really fits the game that death is just expected and no big deal since you will always have free new recruits waiting for you.

Im really looking forward to the new content now, especially to see what kind of mods people will be making 

But 1 good thing about having the same characters around is you're able to upgrade them more. 

MadDemon64 and DemonBane together with 2 unknown heroes descend into the cove

UbQGCIB.jpg

Darkness hold many curses, each one deadly

8vhY5BM.jpg

By delving into dark secret DemonBane775 gained the negative quirk "Necromania" which makes him prone to investigate bodies

A powefull blow

xQLdMPH.jpg

A trifling victory, yet a victory nonetheless 

khYldF3.jpg

By exploring the cove 

MadDemon gained the negative quirk "Phengophobia" giving him +20% stress damage if torch is above 75

DemonBane775 gained the quirk "cove explorer" giving him +20% scouting chance in the cove

It's just my loot obsession kicking in I swear