• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Quasar Dilemma

Favorite theme or menu song in a game...

62 posts in this topic

I have been a more than simply avid gamer since I was only knee high to a half pint. Since I started I've heard a lot of music in games, namely themes... menus and so on that always bring it back for me. For me the most memorable theme song or menu song in a game other than in Mass Effect 1 is "The Beast" by Milt Buckner, which played in the main menu of Battlefield: Bad Company. What song always brings it back for you?

xle6ionx likes this

Ahh, Mass Effect. Had a great number of fantastic tracks. My personal favorite is either the Normandy Theme by Sam Hulick (I use to listen to when working. What..? It helps me focus :D ) or the Suicide Run from ME2 by Jack Wall. A great composer. Also a good one is 'The Occupation of Balmorra' from SWTOR.

And yeah, the theme from BC1 is awesome. Fun song to make breakfast to :D

xle6ionx likes this

for me its the legend of zelda...

it was my childhood, i grew up with it.

i'm getting old... haha

grettings

sona

Koromaro likes this

I took quite a liking to the Crysis 3 menu song. Don't know why, but it just sucked me in. That reminds me, I might have to pick that game up. Only managed to play a bit at my friend's house. @:

I was just about to post "Vigil from Mass Effect" lol I guess that song really gives a strong impression, huh?

I think any game who has a really great atmosphere that really pulls you into the game world will have a memorable Main Menu theme just because you know you're about to go in something amazing.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines comes to mind.

WARCRAFT 2: Tides of Darkness

Dut, nana-nut nana-nut, dana-nut nut naan nut!  Dut, nana-nut na nut!

It has to be the entire Payday 2 soundtrack, have you guys heard it fully? Personally it is mind blowing, one of the best I have heard and the game is also fantastic, I really like the amount of upgrades for weapons, for your character and the almost unlimited amount of masks and mask customisations, they really put a lot into it! Checkout the sound track and see what you think? Let it play through!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BYQeWzWOic

So many amazing soundtracks but if I had to pick one it would be

love my Dynasty Warriors.  Streets of Rage is also in top 3.

Skyrim is probably the best I've heard...tho Castle Crashers also has some cool themes, like the Ninja Pirates theme.

I just didn't say Fallout 3 because the radio songs don't count as theme. (or do they?)

My favorite of all time

There's so many theme that I like and theyre all epic. But I'll just show this one that's not so well known.

Sadly the theme is the best part of the entire game.

I'm getting very attached to the Infinite Crisis main theme, the DC games seem to have that "action, awesome upbeat" thing going on with their games. There is one game that gave me chills when I first saw it's trailer...Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation. The music went so well with that clip, felt like Top Gun all over again.

Last but definitely top of my list, Kingdom Hearts - Utada Hikaru - Hikari (Simple and Clean). Such a great song.

Anyone remember the onld Battlefield Vietnam music? good song man, goood song

(Ecco the Dolphin Sega CD Title Screen)

also love Morrowind and Oblvion themes..... besides Skyrim (main theme and snow theme), Fallout 3/NV (night wasteland), Fable (main theme), Castlevania SNES (Itro theme), Shadowman (theme and deadside), Turrikan  (theme), Metroid (NES, SNES und N64 themes)....,

lately, game music has had a big influence on me... (Skyrim, Fallout and Fable.... , I can enjoy those games for sooo many hours, because of their OST...)

for me it must be the epic piano/orcestra theme in the en of the prologe in mass effect 3^^ it has also been made a very good fan song with this called" N7 with pride"