• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lhouraii

Elder Scrolls VS Fallout

Elder Scrolls VS Fallout   12 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Elder Scrolls
    • Fallout

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 posts in this topic

I'm just very curious.

I chose Elder Scrolls personally, here are my reasons:

- a magical land with elves, orcs, etc

- dragons.

- mythology (kind of ties in with the first one but ya)

- ancient land to explore

- lush lands and different terrains

However, I'm very open to loving Fallout more! XD I want you to explain why you prefer it more, if you do, so I can get into it more.

I have only ever played 'Oblivion', 'Skyrim' and 'Fallout New Vegas' - I have 'Fallout 3' but haven't played it yet.

Personally I think Fallout is not as interesting to explore, the lands are all similar. I also prefer games with towns/cities as a nice little breaker between damning dungeons etc.

I can't wait to hear your opinions!

I prefer Fallout, namely Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas because Black Isle (now Obsidian) is really good at storytelling and RPG mechanics; much better than Bethesda who tries to streamline everything and ends up making a boring perk/stat system. Having "perks" that just bump up numbers rather than making the game mechanically different isn't fun.

I prefer Fallout, namely Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas because Black Isle (now Obsidian) is really good at storytelling and RPG mechanics; much better than Bethesda who tries to streamline everything and ends up making a boring perk/stat system. Having "perks" that just bump up numbers rather than making the game mechanically different isn't fun.

This is really interesting since, personally, I absolutely love Skyrim's levelling up system so much!

What do you think about the two universes? Do you prefer the Fallout lore over ES?

If I had to pick one . . . . I don't know. If I am going strictly by the worlds I would say Elder Scrolls. Just because I am a big fantasy junkie.

Lhouraii likes this

I like Fallout, especially Fallout 2. But Since Fallout 3 it doesn't give me that "special feeling" that keeps me playing like the TES games over and over again with hundreds of Mods. Walking through a postnuclear wasteland was ok but S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better in terms of graphics, exploring and atmosphere.

TES gives me more. I am currently playing Skyrim legendary Edition, extended with over 120Mods that boost the graphics by a lot (4K Textures, 300% view distance, realistic water, unbelievable grasses 2, ENBs...), more and new enemies, weapons, items, Dungeons, Quests, completely new areas, different kinds of Dragons (Monster Hunter like Waterdragons ect.), new and improved skilltrees, a more living world, improved animations, improved first person cam, improved combat movements and physics, new races and "classes", new finishing moves and much, much more.

It's like playing a complete new game in a complete new World. I often stand still and enjoy the view of  beautiful landscapes, sunsets, woods and taking screenshots here and there. I am currently playing as a thief / Ranger combo with the Armor of Death from Darksiders.

Next playthrough wil be a heavy two handed bad ass with the Dragonslayer (yes the giant Sword from Berserk) going Rampage for the Imperials.

Lhouraii likes this

I like Fallout, especially Fallout 2. But Since Fallout 3 it doesn't give me that "special feeling" that keeps me playing like the TES games over and over again with hundreds of Mods. Walking through a postnuclear wasteland was ok but S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better in terms of graphics, exploring and atmosphere.

TES gives me more. I am currently playing Skyrim legendary Edition, extended with over 120Mods that boost the graphics by a lot (4K Textures, 300% view distance, realistic water, unbelievable grasses 2, ENBs...), more and new enemies, weapons, items, Dungeons, Quests, completely new areas, different kinds of Dragons (Monster Hunter like Waterdragons ect.), new and improved skilltrees, a more living world, improved animations, improved first person cam, improved combat movements and physics, new races and "classes", new finishing moves and much, much more.

It's like playing a complete new game in a complete new World. I often stand still and enjoy the view of  beautiful landscapes, sunsets, woods and taking screenshots here and there. I am currently playing as a thief / Ranger combo with the Armor of Death from Darksiders.

Next playthrough wil be a heavy two handed bad ass with the Dragonslayer (yes the giant Sword from Berserk) going Rampage for the Imperials.

Oh man, I envy you so much

I play on Xbox so I can't get mods - I want to buy a gaming pc just for this now >_<

How much would be the least amount of money I would have to spend on a pc to do all that? Are they rediculously expensive? Ah, I'm so jealous!

Are the new races/classes playable?

Beatmaster A.C. likes this

I play on Xbox so I can't get mods - I want to buy a gaming pc just for this now >_<

How much would be the least amount of money I would have to spend on a pc to do all that? Are they rediculously expensive? Ah, I'm so jealous!

The trick to saving money when getting a gaming PC is to buy the individual parts and put it together yourself. You'll pay a tad bit more to have one pre-built for you.

Having done this myself several times, I can tell you that yes, the idea of it is intimidating the first time. I bought all my parts and had literally no idea what I was doing. But it -really- is simply Insert Item A into Slot A and so forth. 

If you don't want to go super crazy graphics (The best skyrim mods are the ones that add content in my opinion) then you can manage pretty well without blowing a budget. If money is an issue, the trick is to buy each part one at a time when you are able. Seeing the progress of your pile of parts growing is a rewarding sensation that is topped off with the actual construction. Man, when I hit the power button after my first build and watched all those fans start whirling and the lights all go on and the boot menu come up I fist pumped the air so hard xD If you would like, message me with the amount of money total you'd like to spend and I can put a parts list together for you, and of course I'd be happy to help with any questions when the time comes to put it all together. I promise it is intimidating to think about, but it is -not difficult- to do.

To be back on topic, I like the lore of Fallout significantly more because I am a sucker for alternate timelines. There's this game for the PS2 or 3 I think that was like...if aliens invaded during WWII or something. I never played it but wanted to so badly @_@ 

Elder scrolls lore just never really...grabbed me I guess. However, I have gotten significantly more play time and enjoyment out of Oblivion and Skyrim than I have with Fallout. Mods help a lot, there are some for Skyrim that are basically expansion dlc in terms of size and scope. One of which (I think either falskaar or wyrmstooth) was built to try to get a job with Bethesda as a resume xD funny story, if I remember correctly he ended up getting noticed by Bungie instead and got a job working on Destiny. So uh...dunno if that's a happy ending or not lol 

But I digress...think I'll vote for Elder Scrolls on this one.

Lhouraii and Beatmaster A.C. like this

The trick to saving money when getting a gaming PC is to buy the individual parts and put it together yourself. You'll pay a tad bit more to have one pre-built for you.

Having done this myself several times, I can tell you that yes, the idea of it is intimidating the first time. I bought all my parts and had literally no idea what I was doing. But it -really- is simply Insert Item A into Slot A and so forth.

If you don't want to go super crazy graphics (The best skyrim mods are the ones that add content in my opinion) then you can manage pretty well without blowing a budget. If money is an issue, the trick is to buy each part one at a time when you are able. Seeing the progress of your pile of parts growing is a rewarding sensation that is topped off with the actual construction. Man, when I hit the power button after my first build and watched all those fans start whirling and the lights all go on and the boot menu come up I fist pumped the air so hard xD If you would like, message me with the amount of money total you'd like to spend and I can put a parts list together for you, and of course I'd be happy to help with any questions when the time comes to put it all together. I promise it is intimidating to think about, but it is -not difficult- to do.

To be back on topic, I like the lore of Fallout significantly more because I am a sucker for alternate timelines. There's this game for the PS2 or 3 I think that was like...if aliens invaded during WWII or something. I never played it but wanted to so badly @_@

Elder scrolls lore just never really...grabbed me I guess. However, I have gotten significantly more play time and enjoyment out of Oblivion and Skyrim than I have with Fallout. Mods help a lot, there are some for Skyrim that are basically expansion dlc in terms of size and scope. One of which (I think either falskaar or wyrmstooth) was built to try to get a job with Bethesda as a resume xD funny story, if I remember correctly he ended up getting noticed by Bungie instead and got a job working on Destiny. So uh...dunno if that's a happy ending or not lol

But I digress...think I'll vote for Elder Scrolls on this one.

Wow, really? That does sound like something I would like to do, I didn't know it was an option!

You're really helpful, thank you so much! I'll message you now! (EDIT: you can't receive new messages for some reason?)

And awesome! Haha that guy was smart to do that - I haven't heard about that before!

well i got my Rig 1000€ back in 2011 and it's still running well. I just upgraded from GeForce GTX770 Phantom to GTX980 Gaming 4G last christmas, for...560€. Playing Skyrim with all Mods at 56fps (without overclocking). So...yeah you need a bit of money to get a good Rig. A well playable Rig starts at around 800€.

yes the new races and classes are playable and customizable.The Nexusmods site is a paradise for that. Werewolf Beast Race, Evolved Kajiits, Half- Dragon Race (with cool wings), Forsworn Race, Sky Elven, LOTR Nazgul Race...too many to count.

Lhouraii likes this

Elder Scrolls. That genre suits me better.  The first Fallout game I really got into was Fallout 4.

Lhouraii likes this

Now? Probably Fallout. Mostly because the last good game from Bethesda was NV wich was a Fallout game, (yes, i'm well aware this makes me sound like an elitist fuck) while every single Elder Scrolls after Morrowind was utter garbage without a ton of mods to fix Bethesda's shit. At least vanilla NV had a good story and a hardcore mode.
I'm gonna pick Elder Scrolls though because Daggerfall and Morrowind have been the most influential games in my life, even more than Fallout 2.

Lhouraii likes this