• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

GLXLynx

Totalbiscuit quits Twitter

19 posts in this topic

Social media or comment sections (which TB has had disabled for a long time on his videos) are usually very unhealthy places to pay attention to for long when you have a large platform. Even Joe was saying the same last week, and they even have a much easier time than a lot of other people on social media.

savagejoe444 and Ohgun like this

Well, I always have a golden rule for the internet.

1) Youtube comment section is retarded

2) Twitter is ALSO retarded

3) Never ever look at them

4) Never EVER comment on them

5) Never be a famous person on them. Because once you are, your fate is sealed. Prepare for the onslaught of people from mental institutions trying to make you regret living.

Raspharus likes this

I can understand TB why he quit social media. It's better to have interaction or commucating with someone close in our real-life (Family, Real friends, etc) when disscusing our major problem. In this case TB is still suffer from cancer it is good choice to deal with that important matter with someone close and real to him.

I just only pray and hoping that TB is back healthy and back to making video as usual. He is one of honest, smart, and pro-consumer game youtuber.

Ohgun likes this

I can understand TB why he quit social media. It's better to have interaction or commucating with someone close in our real-life (Family, Real friends, etc) when disscusing our major problem. In this case TB is still suffer from cancer it is good choice to deal with that important matter with someone close and real to him.

I just only pray and hoping that TB is back healthy and back to making video as usual. He is one of honest, smart, and pro-consumer game youtuber.

Yeah, the same guy who preaches that online passes are totally fair way for greedy publishers to charge people who can't afford to buy all their games new the extra money.  Pro-consumer MY ASS!

I don't watch much of tb im more of a Jim Sterling kind of guy but i still respect the shit out of him cause he's honest with his thoughts unlike some of the more major "Games journalists".

Glaice likes this

Hey as far as I am concerned social media is unnecessary but with that said his health is more important than twitter or anything else. I think he said he will keep making videos though.

Yeah, the same guy who preaches that online passes are totally fair way for greedy publishers to charge people who can't afford to buy all their games new the extra money.  Pro-consumer MY ASS!

Really? When he said that?

Really? When he said that?

This whole video is full of shit but totally anti-consumer/pro-corporate rant specific to the online passes begins around the 12 minute mark.

His argument is that each time the game is resold in the used market the publisher doesn't get the cut they got the first time to support the servers or develop patches, so the consumer should pay the cost of that development each time the game is re-sold......

200.gif

The support cost associated with that copy of the game is included with it's initial sale and is to cover THAT COPY of the game, NOT the person who is playing it!  If the initial customer sells the game to a store or another person then that means that they are not using that support anymore, it's the next person who buys the copy of the game that is!  If I bought a Hoover that has a 7 year guarantee (most pay-then-play games aren't even supported for that long) then sold it to you after 2 years would that guarantee still apply without you having to pay additional money to the manufacturer?  YES!!!!  Of course it would!

Online passes are a product of corporate greed because they want additional money after the initial sale, yet the "pro-consumer" TB supports them.

Shagger likes this

8978f618eb.jpg

Crazycrab your crazy is showing. 

We're not going to agree with everyone all the time. I don't agree with Angry Joe all the time. I don't agree with Jim Sterling all the time. I don't agree with TB all the time. What matters is looking at their opinions subjectively and taking a step back, if you disagree, to think about what they're saying and see if you agree with any of the individual parts of their opinions. I tend to disagree with Joe over a lot of his picks for "Good" movies and games, he tends to be swayed by the Rule of Cool a lot (AKA his liking for the new Star Wars while I disliked it, generally giving a lot of games higher scores than I feel like they deserved) but instead of screaming about how shit he is as a reviewer I take his opinion with a grain of salt, knowing that fact. 

What I'm saying is, don't just pile onto one thing a youtube reviewer says and claim they're worthless as a reviewer. TB is honestly one of the best reviewers I know of, simply because while he does have his personal preferences and opinions that I may not agree with sometimes, he always does his best to look at things subjectively, which I greatly appreciate. 

GalvaZero and savagejoe444 like this

Crazycrab your crazy is showing. 

We're not going to agree with everyone all the time. I don't agree with Angry Joe all the time. I don't agree with Jim Sterling all the time. I don't agree with TB all the time. What matters is looking at their opinions subjectively and taking a step back, if you disagree, to think about what they're saying and see if you agree with any of the individual parts of their opinions. I tend to disagree with Joe over a lot of his picks for "Good" movies and games, he tends to be swayed by the Rule of Cool a lot (AKA his liking for the new Star Wars while I disliked it, generally giving a lot of games higher scores than I feel like they deserved) but instead of screaming about how shit he is as a reviewer I take his opinion with a grain of salt, knowing that fact. 

What I'm saying is, don't just pile onto one thing a youtube reviewer says and claim they're worthless as a reviewer. TB is honestly one of the best reviewers I know of, simply because while he does have his personal preferences and opinions that I may not agree with sometimes, he always does his best to look at things subjectively, which I greatly appreciate. 

What I did with my first post was quote something which I felt wasn't the case, then in the next I pointed out exactly why.  What you did was call me crazy without addressing anything in my post then made this generic and long winded speech about all of us having our opinion.  So who is the one not being objective or rational here?

I don't agree with Joe or any of the critical and editorial channels I follow all the time either.  I follow the one's that I fell are being objective, Total Biscuit is not one of them.  Based on what I've seen and heard from him he has a very single minded point of view.

If you think that this issue with Online Passes is the only questionable thing that I can quote him on then I would argue the YOU should watch more.  This is just the tip of an iceberg.  

When he publishes his reviews (although it's more let's plays and commentaries but that's besides the point) I genuinely think he believes what he is saying AND he presents it in a well articulated way.  The reason I don't follow him is that it's clear he only cares about one part of the gaming community and seem to look down on others.  I DON'T think that's being objective so I choose to follow other channels that I feel are being fair.  So for me he is for the most part not subjective and if you think he is that's fine, we'll just agree to disagree but that doesn't mean I'm not going to criticize him.

I certainly wish Totalbiscuit the best. I certainly understand Totalbiscuit's point when I witness a gang of trolls disguised as "Pro-Blacks" while they were harassing Tommy Sotomayor in his YouTube comment section. However, the self-proclaimed "Pro-Blacks" just constantly attack him and each other all day. Like Legolas_Katarn said:

Social media or comment sections are usually very unhealthy places to pay attention to for long when you have a large platform.

I believe that's especially true when they commenters who hate the YouTube post death threats, talk about the YouTuber's personal life, name call the person using racial slurs and various other deranged things.

Oh well, I honestly never watched that video because I subbed to TB around (if I remember correctly) late 2013 or maybe early 2014 so I missed that video. On that subject matter I'm disagree too. But I think TB is still a honest, reasonable person and entertaining sometimes.

Crazycrab likes this

I don't watch much of tb im more of a Jim Sterling kind of guy but i still respect the shit out of him cause he's honest with his thoughts unlike some of the more major "Games journalists".

Sounds like my thoughts, TB is hit or miss for me but so is Boogie2988 as of late since I'm getting tired of Francis videos and not enough Boogie.

I'm not surprised by this. Most comment sections are very toxic and filled with pointless arguments and hate it makes me wonder if this how people really behave, or is it just because of the anonymity I don't know.

So, i'm glad TB quits the social media and dedicates his time to other things. More important things like family and friends and his own health.

He owes his audience nothing.

God bless you TB and my own heart is with you and your family during these troubled times. I hope you will have MANY more years ahead of you and by the time you're 90 you'll look at your own videos from whatever holographic  interfaces we got and have a good laugh at them .

Listen, when you do this you are just enabling the trolls. This is exactly the type of response the people who do this are looking for. 

Listen, when you do this you are just enabling the trolls. This is exactly the type of response the people who do this are looking for. 

People with large platforms or those who say things people don't like to hear, typically anything critical about things people like or criticism (even more so with video games being one of the worst areas, though TB is not really a critic or reviewer so his content makes it easier on him than for a lot of people but the size of platform worse), get a lot of hate, threats, death wishes, etc on Twitter. It's not good for a person's mental health or creativity to put yourself in that position, even more so over a period of years. As nice as it is to see people able to ignore it or overcome it not everyone can. TotalBiscuit absolutely does not have the ability to do that, as he himself has said multiple times (Joe is not good at ignoring negative comments either and has frequently posted about how bad social media can be for your mental health, as have some of his friends). Total has even gone out of his way to engage in Twitter fights and has tried to get his followers to attack people when he gets angry. When you add in that he has cancer and that leaving social media should make him a happier person it is likely better for him and everyone that he stops. Just ignoring the trolls (unless you are on a platform where you wisely choose to just disable comments, which is not possible on Twitter) is easy to say for people that don't experience what others have but people who are experienced in dealing with it know that that is not good advice, very few people are capable of it and it does nothing to improve things.

Are you kidding me? who gives a crap about the trolls!! THE GUY IS DYING OF CANCER FFS!!! if I was in his shoes I would have shut it down the first time I got the news about having cancer. People need to understand something once you get a disease like cancer nothing in the world matters anymore besides friends and family. 

My mother went through breast cancer and you know what I could do for her while she lay in bed sick and crying because of how painful the chemo treatment was? NOT A DAMN THING! I felt hopeless because I could do nothing for my own mother. I could only imagine what his kids and wife are going through at the moment because at the end of the day nothing can be done to help a person going through cancer. The last damn thing I care about are random people on the internet. Thankfully my mom made it through and is alive and i wish TB all the best and hope he beats this.

Sorry didn't mean to just rant at you but this message goes out to everyone. If you have not had a family member or friend have cancer be thankful because its a disease that will effect you forever even now when my mother is fine and is cancer free there is still a chance it can come back and it is always in the back of my mind. 

In the end yes TB needs to do whats best for him and I totally understand why hes not writing anything on his twitter I would actually take it further and shut down the comment section on his youtube.

Well, I always have a golden rule for the internet.

1) Youtube comment section is retarded

2) Twitter is ALSO retarded

3) Never ever look at them

4) Never EVER comment on them

5) Never be a famous person on them. Because once you are, your fate is sealed. Prepare for the onslaught of people from mental institutions trying to make you regret living.

Noted. Which is why the only place I talk is on Facebook and at least there, I can feel relieved.