• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Ohgun

The Desire to Get A Place of Your Own.

23 posts in this topic

Ever since I graduated from High School in 2010, I've honestly had a desire to live in my own apartment for the first time. But depressing circumstances has kept me living in my grandmother's house for another 5 years. Now I've become so desperate I had no choice but to launch a GoFundMe in order to fulfill that currently unfulfilled desire of mine. Did anyone else have a similar predicament since they were between 19 and 25 or do you still having the same desire I have now? Please share your experiences.

I'm 25 and still live with mommy, I would love to move out but it's hard and expensive to live on your own.

Mexiguy, TamaskanLEM and Ohgun like this

After graduating high school I lived with my parents for a year while taking some classes, then we moved to Texas where I lived with them for a year (and paid them some money each month), I moved in with a friend, his wife, and another guy for about two years, then moved back with my parents and we moved to Idaho, after living there for about a year we moved to California which was where we started and I'm currently living with them now. I rarely leave my room and have no use for extra space so I don't really care where I live or who I am living with, as long as they aren't doing anything to cause problems. Living with roommates I paid $400 a month and there were some small apartments for a similar price, for me spending much more would be wasteful.

Ohgun likes this

I think this is just the current standard.
You either get help from your parents or slave yourself for one of the Banks, or continue to pay rent for a place that you cannot truly ever call home.

I have lived with my parents for ~3 years after graduating. I have managed to save up thanks to this enough to buy a small place that I can truly call my own.

Btw, hows the GoFundMe  working out?

I think this is just the current standard.

You either get help from your parents or slave yourself for one of the Banks, or continue to pay rent for a place that you cannot truly ever call home.

I have lived with my parents for ~3 years after graduating. I have managed to save up thanks to this enough to buy a small place that I can truly call my own.

Btw, hows the GoFundMe  working out?

Only my grandfather donated so far. Here's the link to the page: https://www.gofundme.com/DarrylsNewHome

Okay the problem is we live in a world where it takes TWO incomes to own a house. There is no one income per house anymore unless you make a truck load of money on a monthly basis. Inflation on everything has gone up while wages have barely gone up. If you look at some videos on the poverty line on youtube you will see that the rich own the majority of the money which is sickening.

watch this video it sums up pretty well how America is when it comes to who has how much money.

Also the rich are the ones that are trying to even lower wages in some states in america.

"The rich get richer while the poor get poorer."

If you go to around the 3 min 45 seconds into the video it will actually show you how wealth is in america i do not know how it is in canada or the rest of the world but in america its freaking scary.

I talk to a 12 year old on skype who I met on twitter and she always makes fun of me because I still live with my mom but she doesn't understand how hard it is to be an adult and how expensive it is to have your own place, even rent at a apartment is expensive. You don't want to get an apartment that's too cheap cause you know it's going to look like shit.

I talk to a 12 year old on skype who I met on twitter and she always makes fun of me because I still live with my mom but she doesn't understand how hard it is to be an adult and how expensive it is to have your own place, even rent at a apartment is expensive. You don't want to get an apartment that's too cheap cause you know it's going to look like shit.

Then I may as well seek out the best apartments.

Okay the problem is we live in a world where it takes TWO incomes to own a house. There is no one income per house anymore unless you make a truck load of money on a monthly basis. Inflation on everything has gone up while wages have barely gone up. If you look at some videos on the poverty line on youtube you will see that the rich own the majority of the money which is sickening.

watch this video it sums up pretty well how America is when it comes to who has how much money.

Also the rich are the ones that are trying to even lower wages in some states in america.

"The rich get richer while the poor get poorer."

If you go to around the 3 min 45 seconds into the video it will actually show you how wealth is in america i do not know how it is in canada or the rest of the world but in america its freaking scary.

In other words, we would have to get at least two jobs or sources of income in order to make a living. SMH

If you are working full time or a student + part time then it should be manageable.  I'm 30 and I have lived with parents and other family members for about 4 years but I now have my own place and I gotta tell you despite the extra expense the sense of freedom and independence it so worth it. I wouldn't just jump to living on your own from your parents house immediately however, try get a roommate first.  This will help learn you how to manage the chores and expenses (It's a steeper learning curve than most think).

Ohgun likes this

I never had a place fully for my own use.

However that is going to change soon. Good luck !

If you are working full time or a student + part time then it should be manageable.  I'm 30 and I have lived with parents and other family members for about 4 years but I now have my own place and I gotta tell you despite the extra expense the sense of freedom and independence it so worth it. I wouldn't just jump to living on your own from your parents house immediately however, try get a roommate first.  This will help learn you how to manage the chores and expenses (It's a steeper learning curve than most think).

That may be easier said than done since I basically don't trust many people these days. I blame that on the trolls that try to ruin someone's life of over something trivial.

I'm a full-time student so I wouldnt have the time to work enough to afford a place of my own while also going to school. Planning on moving out a few months after I get a decent job with my degree to give me a decent base to work from. Unfortunately that won't be for another 2 years, maybe 3 if I decide to get my CPA. If that all goes to plan I'll be on my own at 24 or 25 with the cpa.

But yeah I want to move out real bad just for the feeling of space and independence.

Ohgun likes this

That may be easier said than done since I basically don't trust many people these days. I blame that on the trolls that try to ruin someone's life of over something trivial.

Part of growing up and becoming independent is learning to trust people and learn from any mistakes.....  sometimes that means taking risks.  When I first moved out into student accommodation, my brother who I was living with me spent his money buying drinks for his new friends acting like a big shot forcing me to take out a overdraft to cover his outstanding rent at the end of term and by god I was furious!  I got it back eventually but more importantly I learned a lesson.

I don't know what the trolls did and not I'm going to ask but not everyone is like that.

Part of growing up and becoming independent is learning to trust people and learn from any mistakes.....  sometimes that means taking risks.  When I first moved out into student accommodation, my brother who I was living with me spent his money buying drinks for his new friends acting like a big shot forcing me to take out a overdraft to cover his outstanding rent at the end of term and by god I was furious!  I got it back eventually but more importantly I learned a lesson.

I don't know what the trolls did and not I'm going to ask but not everyone is like that.

Perhaps you've managed to give me a little bit of hope. I guess I should start trusting people from this point forward.

Crazycrab likes this

After school I moved back in with mom and dad because of massive student loans. 8 years later I'm still paying them rent (along with dinner once a week and the standard house chores). It's actually been a good arrangement because even though I could probably swing my own place now its much easier to take that rent payment and just dump it into chipping away at my loans.

Sometimes I wish i had my own place, especially since it sounds kind of embarrassing to admit you still live at home in your 30s, but for now its been a blessing. Not to mention I have fiends in their 40s who still live with their parents...but one is Filipino (where several generations stick together, so its not a big deal) and the other his mom actually lives with him, so...

I actually moving out of my parents house in a few weeks. So fucking happy that I won't have to hear their arguments or get drawn into them anymore. Soooooooo happy.

After school I moved back in with mom and dad because of massive student loans. 8 years later I'm still paying them rent (along with dinner once a week and the standard house chores). It's actually been a good arrangement because even though I could probably swing my own place now its much easier to take that rent payment and just dump it into chipping away at my loans.

Sometimes I wish i had my own place, especially since it sounds kind of embarrassing to admit you still live at home in your 30s, but for now its been a blessing. Not to mention I have fiends in their 40s who still live with their parents...but one is Filipino (where several generations stick together, so its not a big deal) and the other his mom actually lives with him, so...

Don't even worry what people think about you, if a girl doesn't want to be with you cause of it well hey, there's plenty of other fish out there.

I actually moving out of my parents house in a few weeks. So fucking happy that I won't have to hear their arguments or get drawn into them anymore. Soooooooo happy.

Congratulations. It must feel very good that you're abandoning the drama.

I would love to live in my own place but right now. I have no reason to move out really.

Plus the letters that I receive every week saying I will be laid off friday unless I receive an other letters for the other week.  Kinda kill any plan to leave my house. I dont think I will be laid off because it have been 4 FUCKING MONTH receiving the same damn letters and they are calling back people but I really dont want to take a chance.

Don't even worry what people think about you, if a girl doesn't want to be with you cause of it well hey, there's plenty of other fish out there.

I don't worry too much. After all, its only the TV sitcoms that really make this a big deal. In reality...we're all in good company :D

I don't worry too much. After all, its only the TV sitcoms that really make this a big deal. In reality...we're all in good company :D

As long as you have shows like friends and full house, who needs a girlfriend am I right? :P