• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

AngryAlexTV

PC controller recommendations

37 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, do you have any really good pc controllers that you would recommend? I suck with mouse and keyboard and I want something better than a 360 controller. Anyone able to help?

Been liking the Steam controller a lot. Have used it for a variety of games such as:

Remember Me

Cities Skylines

Street Fighter 5 Beta

Bulletstorm

Tom Clancey's H.A.W.X.

Skyrim

Hitman Absolution

Because of how customizable it is, I've been able to use it on pretty much any game. Downside is that you can only customize it on Steam Big Picture mode. I haven't even figured out how to use mode switching yet.

I personally use a PS4 controller with the DS4 software loaded on my PC when I want to use a gamepad. DS4 is basically a program that tricks your computer into thinking that a PS4 controller is a 360 pad, therefore allowing you to use it without a problem. It allows you to do nifty little things like change your PS4 controller light to any color you want.

Though it doesn't work on Windows 10. *cough*fuckyouSatyaNadella*coughcough*

Though it doesn't work on Windows 10. *cough*fuckyouSatyaNadella*coughcough*

Thought they had a workaround for that already with killing and restarting explorer.

But yeah, the Dualshock 4 with DS4Windows is also a good option. It's just as programmable as the Steam Controller since DS4Windows will let you map pretty much any keyboard or mouse button or action to the controller too. I finished Soul Reaver with it by mapping keyboard inputs.

Mr. Molotov likes this

Better than 360 controller? heck, i find the 360 controller the best one out there to use, good grip, good shape, just right for me. But if it isn't your style, might aswell go try a ps4 one, or keep your eye on a steam controller! I personally dislike ps4 controller due to its size and shape compared to the 360's or Xone's. Though the xone's controller is smaller i believe. Its also cheaper. If you are looking for something not Xbox controller like, go get a ps4 or logitec controller. Though i'd recommendo a 360 or Xone. There are also modified versions of gamepads out there, from razor for example who use a xone controller as base and modified it.

I guess its all about preference really. Here are some controllers with a little description to see what you get yourself into with each controller. http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-pc-game-controllers,review-2776.html All the way up to these http://heavy.com/games/2014/12/top-best-pc-computer-video-game-gaming-controllers-for-pc-reviews/                                          

zawisz likes this

I use SCP monitor to use a PS3 controller, which causes games to detect it as a 360 controller so it will work, and you can swap the triggers so it detects them like it would a 360 controller. Works well, except that I'm using a PS3 controller instead of much better options. Unless you want to try a Steam Controller I don't know of any controller better than a 360/One controller.

Well either the 360. 

Or the ps4 one. But I heard that the PS4 one has problems with the rubber analogue sticks wearing off in time.

Or you can go for a gamecube controller(some people said it's the best one)

Or an XBONE controller, altough you'll be forced to use a cable. Also M+KB is easy to learn, and will prove useful in games where you need precision. You can use the controller for something like sport games, racing games, or third person rpg's, but when it comes to shooters, strategy games, mmos the M+KB combo is gonna shine easily.

Or you can go for the steam controller, although that shit is expensive. 60 dollars can be used to upgrade memory or to get a bigger HDD.

Maybe I will just stick with the 360 controller, I've used these logitech F510's in the past and I didn't like how the triggers felt they were small and felt kinda awkward.

I have heard many great things about the steam controller though I have not used it myself. Been looking to get a controller since it is the only reason I have not started up some games. I keep meaning to and end up not buying one for one reason or another lol.

I can't recommend anything better than the 360 controller, because to my knowledge there is nothing better than the 360 controller.  It's what I use.

haah ok I'll stick with that but I'm going to force myself to use keyboard and mouse for am little while to see how I do on games like borderlands and other single player shooters. Baby steps lol

I use an Xbox 360 controller on my PC and I get along fine with it.  I also use a DualShock 4 and XBox One controller on consoles and I have no problem using them either.  I comes down to personal preference but really the only reason I use the XBox 360 controller on the PC is because it's a bit more convenient that switching out an resetting one of the others.

Thought they had a workaround for that already with killing and restarting explorer.

They very well could have. The last I heard was that it wasn't working, and I took it as another reason not to downgrade to Windows 10. The current computer I share has Windows 8, and I therefore haven't checked back since.

I can't recommend anything better than the 360 controller, because to my knowledge there is nothing better than the 360 controller.  It's what I use.

You know if someone told me three years ago that Sony would make a gamepad better than the 360's, I would have laughed and said "No" in deadpan. But IMO the PS4 controller feels more robust, it has much better triggers (R2/L2 buttons) and it's less likely to slip out of your hands, too.

haah ok I'll stick with that but I'm going to force myself to use keyboard and mouse for am little while to see how I do on games like borderlands and other single player shooters. Baby steps lol

Eh, I wouldn't reccomend Borderlands for learning how to maneuver with mouse+keyboard, as I tried it and died quite a bit. I've found that more movement oriented shooters without heavy platforming elements are best when trying to learn how to use a mouse+keyboard setup. What finally made it click for me was old-school Doom.

They very well could have. The last I heard was that it wasn't working, and I took it as another reason not to downgrade to Windows 10. The current computer I share has Windows 8, and I therefore haven't checked back since.

You know if someone told me three years ago that Sony would make a gamepad better than the 360's, I would have laughed and said "No" in deadpan. But IMO the PS4 controller feels more robust, it has much better triggers (R2/L2 buttons) and it's less likely to slip out of your hands, too.

Eh, I wouldn't reccomend Borderlands for learning how to maneuver with mouse+keyboard, as I tried it and died quite a bit. I've found that more movement oriented shooters without heavy platforming elements are best when trying to learn how to use a mouse+keyboard setup. What finally made it click for me was old-school Doom.

I would like to eventually move into using keyboard and mouse into multiplayer games such as battlefield eventually  

I would like to eventually move into using keyboard and mouse into multiplayer games such as battlefield eventually

I mean, I wouldnt prob understand how is it that your are not comfortable with the mouse(mainly because I gamed on PC my entire life), as it follows your movements exactly. But if you got used to the controller that much I see your problem.

Borderlands is not really much of a good game for aiming altough its not bad either. Try some cs go, there your xan train your aiming.

I mean, I wouldnt prob understand how is it that your are not comfortable with the mouse(mainly because I gamed on PC my entire life), as it follows your movements exactly. But if you got used to the controller that much I see your problem.

Borderlands is not really much of a good game for aiming altough its not bad either. Try some cs go, there your xan train your aiming.

I have cs go, I suck at it so bad haha practice makes perfect I just need friends to play it with lol

Besides going ds4 all the way, I find myself really liking the nvidia shield controller. Is it better than the xbone controller or even the 360? No, but I prefer it. I don't know. Don't listen to me.

Raspharus likes this

I have cs go, I suck at it so bad haha practice makes perfect I just need friends to play it with lol

Add me and we can play anytime if you want.\

@TamaskanLEM shush m8 you got too much cash from that contest.

TamaskanLEM likes this