• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Crazycrab

Star Citizen Pre-Order Bonus: THE ENTIRE SINGLE PLAYER!

67 posts in this topic

I know I've given this game and it's con-men developers allot of flack but even I couldn't have imagined them doing something like this!

http://www.engadget.com/2016/02/01/squadron-42-to-cost-extra/

"Right now, pre-ordering Star Citizen gets you both the open, massively multiplayer namesake game and Squadron 42, its recently established single-player counterpart. However, it won't be that good a deal before long. Weeks after announcing the separation of the two games, Cloud Imperium has revealed that Star Citizen and Squadron 42 will officially require separate purchases on February 14th -- yes, they're splitting up on Valentine's Day. From then on, you'll have to buy Squadron 42 either by itself or as an add-on to the title that started it all.

The studio hasn't said exactly how much Squadron 42 will cost at that point, but you currently have to pay $45* for the existing game combo. You may not have to shell out a full $90 to get both titles if you're too late, but don't be surprised if you're paying significantly more."

*That's minimum, a bundle with a decent ship costs WAY more!

THAT'S RIGHT!  The highly anticipated Squadron 42 featuring their hyped all star cast of the like's of Gary Oldman, Mark Hamill, John Rhys-Davies and Andy Serkis (just to name a few) Is now not part of the fucking game at all unless you pre-order! This is even worse than TotalWar Warhammer!

The core game will cost $45 but if you don't pre-order Squadron 42 that could easily double. plus this game is almost certainly going to be loaded with micro... or rather MEGAtransactions and this is after earning more than $107,000,000 in crowdfunding.

You know what's gonna happen about this right, absolutely nothing!  This is one game where the fans defend in doves no matter what and it disgusts me!
Ancient, Orpo, articman and 2 others like this

Wait so if I already purchased the game way back in 2014 and payed $120, do I still have to preorder?

I honestly don't know, you'll certinly get the multiplayer but they seperated Sqaudron 42 from the main game 3 weeks ago.  Check if Sqaudron 42 was in the package you bought.  By all rights it of course SHOULD be for you and everybody else.

EDIT:  I just found out that you will since you backed it early, but still think everybody should.

I hope that Joe decides to call them out on this shit. 

Seems to be a trend at the moment. All the big guys are doing it.

Microtransactions. Aaah the smell of business. Also if you had any hope left for Star Citizen kill it now. If the company would've been more serious the wouldve launched the game already. Not keep it in alpha forever.

Seems to be a trend at the moment. All the big guys are doing it.

Microtransactions. Aaah the smell of business. Also if you had any hope left for Star Citizen kill it now. If the company would've been more serious the wouldve launched the game already. Not keep it in alpha forever.

Have you played the game yet? A lot of it is still unproduction, and I still will have faith because anytime they've messed up they have fixed there issues. Plus if you play the alpha and see the performance issues it still has then you will understand.

The project has a 100 MILION DOLLARS founding. Are you kidding me? Thats close to the budget of GTA V. I mean heck better games did it with less resources(cough cough Witcher 3 and Warframe). 

I would've understood their issues if they didnt have this much cash. But they do. And the game runs like shit on most systems, will have microtransactions and has preorder bullshit bonus. So what's their excuse? 

I don't give one crap about their issues. They have no excuse to prolong an alpha for this long just cause. Other games have done this with the steam early access and afaik, those games are still in alpha. It's just another way to shell out a half assed product for $$$$$.

Don't get me wrong the concept of the game is amazing. The only thing that comes close to it is EVE. But sadly the game stumbles upon business practices and other shit. IMO the game should've been released by now. No, not even alpha final build or beta. Released. 

If the alpha took so long, I wonder how long is the beta gonna last.

Crazycrab and Shagger like this

Have you played the game yet? A lot of it is still unproduction, and I still will have faith because anytime they've messed up they have fixed there issues. Plus if you play the alpha and see the performance issues it still has then you will understand.

These ass holes making this game have had more than enough time and certainly enough money to polish this turd. The fact the alpha still has issues after all this is, if anything, yet another reason to condemn this god damn game, especially when it's cash shop with items that cost thousands of dollars has been running without flaw for ages.

Crazycrab likes this

Corporate commander always wins

I mean, I'm all for PC exclusives like this. The ideas that the devs have are bloody amazing. EVE 2.0 for sure.

But if you raised this much cash, why need more? I mean look at Elite Dangerous or even EVE. They didn't do this shit and yet they are bloody successful.

Wonder how much it will cost, or if it can just be bought on it's own. If I hadn't already supported the game just buying the single player and ignoring the online is probably what I would do.

Complete ripoff. Call their BS out by any means with facts.

Crazycrab likes this

1. The game has had a long time to develop, yes. However because of it's ever-growing budget they keep adding more features that end up taking more time to develop. There are still entire modules of the MMO that hasn't even been finished for alpha testing.

2. It's pretty common now a days to sell online only games for 40+ dollars. Overwatch is a perfect example of this, Battlefront is another online only game but it went for a lot more. Business wise there is nothing wrong with selling two different games seperately, because that's what they are, two different games. The reason people who pre-ordered it before Valentines day get both games are strictly for legal reasons, they were promised both games from the get-go, but since both games are turning out to be a lot more work and a lot more expensive to create than originally planned, they have to sell both games separately now.

3. Micro transactions in an MMO is a perfectly fine business model, especially when any players have access to the same content without using real money on it.

Sure people will defend this game, mostly because some have invested a lot of money in this project, also because it's a project they believe in. And having played the game so far I'm still pretty excited for it's release. But this is also a game people like to bash on a lot too, mostly because they listen to online personalities like Angry Joe and Totalbiscuit talking about pre-ordering, micro-transactions and crowdfunding and think they're all evil no matter what. It's not always that simple, due to Star Citizens crowdfunding nature, pre-ordering is kind of a given.

All in all it mostly comes down to "Do YOU think it is worth investing money in?". I thought it was, and I haven't regretted it so far. Haters gonna hate, that's all.

EDIT: Just a little addendum, many online personalities like Angry Joe has on occasion forgiven bad business decisions if the final product turned out to be better than expected or great. I'm reserving my full judgement for when the game is out. 

EDIT 2: Did some minor research after making the post and this is what I got so far. Squadron 42 is going to be a full AAA title with an estimate of 20 hours of gameplay with additional expansion packs being release later (if they are free or not hasn't been determined).
The current cast is as follows:
Garry Oldman - (Zorg from Fifth Element, Comissionar Gordon from Batman)
Mark Hammil  - (The Joke voice from various Batman animations/games, Luke Skywalker from Star Wars)
Mark Strong - (Frank D'Macio from Kick-ass, Merlin from Kingsman)
Gillian Anderson - (Scully from X-Files, Dr. Bedelia from Hannibal)
Liam Cunningham - (Davos from Game of Thrones)
John Rhys-Davies - (Sallah from Indiana Jones, Gimli/Treebeard  from Lord of the Rings)
Andy Serkis - (Every fully fledged CGI character ever created in movies)

And plenty other not so well known voice actors and whatnot. So this is pretty much a fully fledged stand alone single player game.

newtype89 likes this

If this doesn't make it to the Top 10 Controversies of 2016...

I've all but given up on SC.  It's the new Duke Nukem Forever.

Crazycrab and Shagger like this

1. The game has had a long time to develop, yes. However because of it's ever-growing budget they keep adding more features that end up taking more time to develop. There are still entire modules of the MMO that hasn't even been finished for alpha testing.

2. It's pretty common now a days to sell online only games for 40+ dollars. Overwatch is a perfect example of this, Battlefront is another online only game but it went for a lot more. Business wise there is nothing wrong with selling two different games seperately, because that's what they are, two different games. The reason people who pre-ordered it before Valentines day get both games are strictly for legal reasons, they were promised both games from the get-go, but since both games are turning out to be a lot more work and a lot more expensive to create than originally planned, they have to sell both games separately now.

3. Micro transactions in an MMO is a perfectly fine business model, especially when any players have access to the same content without using real money on it.

For a free-to-play games yes, but NOT for a game where you have to pay a premium up front.

Sure people will defend this game, mostly because some have invested a lot of money in this project, also because it's a project they believe in. And having played the game so far I'm still pretty excited for it's release. But this is also a game people like to bash on a lot too, mostly because they listen to online personalities like Angry Joe and Totalbiscuit talking about pre-ordering, micro-transactions and crowdfunding and think they're all evil no matter what. It's not always that simple, due to Star Citizens crowdfunding nature, pre-ordering is kind of a given.

All in all it mostly comes down to "Do YOU think it is worth investing money in?". I thought it was, and I haven't regretted it so far. Haters gonna hate, that's all.

Just because I'm in the AJSA doesn't that Joe or anyone else puts words in my mouth pal.... and It's no secret that I don't even like Total Biscuit.  My feelings about game and it's developers I assure you are my own.

EDIT: Just a little addendum, many online personalities like Angry Joe has on occasion forgiven bad business decisions if the final product turned out to be better than expected or great. I'm reserving my full judgement for when the game is out. 

EDIT 2: Did some minor research after making the post and this is what I got so far. Squadron 42 is going to be a full AAA title with an estimate of 20 hours of gameplay with additional expansion packs being release later (if they are free or not hasn't been determined).

Don't tell me your so pissing naive that you think that there is even a remote chance that those expansions will be free or cheap even to backers.  There is absolutely no chance!  I don't care how expansive the single player is, cutting out from the game and selling it separately is wrong.  There are tons of better games out there that include both in the package.

Mark Hammil  - (The Joke voice from various Batman animations/games, Luke Skywalker from Star Wars)

John Rhys-Davies - (Sallah from Indiana Jones, Gimli/Treebeard  from Lord of the Rings)

And plenty other not so well known voice actors and whatnot. So this is pretty much a fully fledged stand alone single player game.

There's lots more to discuss here but I'll address the rest below.

You know what's gonna happen about this right, absolutely nothing!  This is one game where the fans defend in doves no matter what and it disgusts me!

SEE!  This is exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about!

Squadron 42 was featured in Kickstarter in 2012.  Did they mention back then that Squadron 42 to the people that were donating their hard earned cash they were funding 2 separate releases.  ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!  THE LIED!!!  They only announced the split in January of this year, and then they announced at the start of February that have to you pre-order (or "Pledge" as the choice of word for the deluded Star Citizen fanboy, as if that any difference) by February 14th.  So you have a couple of weeks to decide if you want to invest your money in online only game that might not even be released if want you both sections in the same package like they promised it would be to EVERYONE years ago!

You people make so agitated!  Why are you ignoring clear sings that people are greedy, lying and taking the piss out of you!  I'll say it again, they've had more than 4 years and over $100,00,000 in crowdfunding and they still haven't, may not ever and quite likely will not ever give a fraction of what they have promised.  All they are doing is stretching the so called "Alpha", which in reality is a store-fronted preview for as long as possible because people inexplicably keep giving them more money.

It's not that I don't get the concept because I do, hell I was a massive fan of Wing Commander back in the day and would love to play that concept expanded out into a massive open universe.  I will however not do it coinciding to the borderline criminal business practices that these once great developers are doing.

It's a game that has already been crowdfunded, is pay to play up front even during the "Alpha", has microtransactions some in the range of thousands of dollars and now they are charging a separate premium for one of the games most hyped up components....  That is totaly unacceptable.

OK, Snapplemonkey, I'm gonna make clear as possible that have no I'll feelings toward you and fully respect your opinion. And I do want this game to be worth it, I really do, but there are so many things I feel are wrong your post that have to do this...

This game is still in pre-alpha becasue it's making so much money via the crowdfunding, make no delusions about it. If the realsed it, that gravy train would end, so why bother bringing it out before the well dries up? Even if you're right and all extra money is being spent on development, why does the game have a pay to win PvP by with an insanely lucrative cash shop that has been working perfectly for years? They got that feature up and running quickly enough, why not the rest of the game? Why don't they decide to release the game then develop this additional stuff and to add in later on?

2. It's pretty common now a days to sell online only games for 40+ dollars Common, but not welcome. See the shitstorm that games like Titanfall, Evolve and Battlefront got for that? Overwatch is a perfect example of this, Battlefront is another online only game but it went for a lot more. Business wise there is nothing wrong with selling two different games seperately, because that's what they are, two different games. Since when was a multiplayer MODE and a campaign MODE in the SAME GAME entirely different games? They are not! The Star Citizen dev's said so themselves that they're both part of the same game. It's one fucking game that was only split in two back in December to charge more money to people who want both modes after Feb 14. The reason people who pre-ordered it before Valentines day get both games are strictly for legal reasons, they were promised both games from the get-go, but since both games are turning out to be a lot more work and a lot more expensive to create than originally planned, they have to sell both games separately now. Again, according to the dev's, your wrong. They split the two game modes up, and will continue to split game modes up (I'm not kidding, they actually said that) to "Award early backers" (So that's some good news, iamtruth, you will get both). That's not "Awarding early backers" though, that's giving them something they were already entitled to and saying "Fuck You!" to everyone else. The people who backed the game already are getting they didn't already have, so who wins here?

3. Micro transactions in an MMO is a perfectly fine business model In a FTP MMO like Neverwinter, yes it's fine as long as the in app purchases are fairly priced and don't affect PvP balance. When you pay to play Star Citizen, the in game items can cost thousands in a pre-alpha and DO affect PvP balance, then no, it's not fine, especially when any players have access to the same content without using real money on it. Not true, there are premium only ships and ships only available to people who pledged at a certain time and/or above a certain amount.

Sure people will defend this game, mostly because some have invested a lot of money in this project , also because it's a project they believe in Whether people are, like me, looking from the outside unblinded by the fact they're not financially invested in this and see can see the bullshit or they have put a significant amount of their hard earned money into this, it's time to stop. These dev's have enough money, so stop pledging and tell them to finish this game. And having played the game so far I'm still pretty excited for it's release. I haven't played the game myself, and I doubt I ever will, but I'm quite ready to believe it'll be enjoyable, but this makes what I see these dev's are doing to their own project and, more importantly, the people who got them this far all the more frustrating! But this is also a game people like to bash on a lot too, mostly because they listen to online personalities like Angry Joe and Totalbiscuit talking about pre-ordering, micro-transactions and crowdfunding and think they're all evil no matter what ​No, that's people having independent thought and not pandering to cooperate nonsense. To speak about pre-ordering, microtransactions and crowdfunding in detail is another set of comments for other threads, but they can and have been done fairly. However, Star Citizen is not a game I'd use as an example at all. It's one of the worst in all those regards. It's not always that simple, due to Star Citizens crowdfunding nature, pre-ordering is kind of a given. And people who back this game now won't get all the content others did before, so this is still bullshit.

All in all it mostly comes down to "Do YOU think it is worth investing money in?" No, I'll wait for review of the final game, assuming they ever bother to actually release it and end the otherwise endless cash-flow that they call a "crowdfund". I thought it was, and I haven't regretted it so far. Haters gonna hate, that's all. Honestly, I hope you do find the game to worth it and enjoy the hell out of it. I seriously want to be proven wrong here.

First off, why bring Joe into this when he hasn't mentioned Star Citizen on his channel for years? Second, when reviewers do what they do right, they judge a game based on it's overall value. Bad business practices deplete a games value, not delete it. You've basically been saying in this whole post that you believe the game will be worth it despite these issues.

None of that is gonna impress me when it's not even in the game anymore.

I got much of the info about what the Dev's have said about the issue here;

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15189-Package-Split-Information

Like I said at the start, this was not a effort to berate you or anything like that, I'm envious of people that find happiness out of something I can't, but supporting something doesn't mean defending them whenever they do wrong, it's encouraging them to do the best they can for what you've given them. So, even if you've ignored every other word I've said, please at least heed this. Don't put any more money into this. That will force them to actually work to bring this game out.

Crazycrab likes this

SEE!  This is exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about!

Squadron 42 was featured in Kickstarter in 2012.  Did they mention back then that Squadron 42 to the people that were donating their hard earned cash they were funding 2 separate releases.  ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!  THE LIED!!!  They only announced the split in January of this year, and then they announced at the start of February that have to you pre-order (or "Pledge" as the choice of word for the deluded Star Citizen fanboy, as if that any difference) by February 14th.  So you have a couple of weeks to decide if you want to invest your money in online only game that might not even be released if want you both sections in the same package like they promised it would be to EVERYONE years ago!

I'm going to take this opportunity to correct your original post and the reason for this thread. The split they did is not the way you think, they just changed the game packages. There are two game packages currently for 45 USD that include one ship and the MMO game, however the rest of the packages that got all the way from 60 USD to 15,000 USD (depending on the ship you want) include the single player game. So for the price of a standard AAA game (60 USD) you get a pretty decent ship, the MMO and the Squadron 42. So the only difference from before, is that now you can pledge for an in-game ship for less money, to cut out the single player. So in a sense they're not cutting anything off, they're just offering a cheaper game package for those who are only interested in the MMO. 

You people make so agitated!  Why are you ignoring clear sings that people are greedy, lying and taking the piss out of you!  I'll say it again, they've had more than 4 years and over $100,00,000 in crowdfunding and they still haven't, may not ever and quite likely will not ever give a fraction of what they have promised.  All they are doing is stretching the so called "Alpha", which in reality is a store-fronted preview for as long as possible because people inexplicably keep giving them more money.

And people like you make me agitated as well, there are no "clear signs" of greed like you put it. Just because you have a lot of money doesn't mean you get things done faster. In this case the studio has decided to add several more things to the game, to make it closer to the game they really want to create. The goal was to create a space MMO as realistic as possible with current gen technology, and to get as close to that goal as possible with the money they have NOW, they decided to add more features and modules to the game. Which as a result ended up delaying the game. 

It's not that I don't get the concept because I do, hell I was a massive fan of Wing Commander back in the day and would love to play that concept expanded out into a massive open universe.  I will however not do it coinciding to the borderline criminal business practices that these once great developers are doing.

There are no criminal business practices here, they never promised a specific release dates, they only gave estimates. They have not removed or obfuscated any features or perks that were promised during their crowdfunding.

Also most of the comments  you added to my quotes from the same post was highly subjective and your opinion so I will not comment on those, since you are completely entitled to those.

This game is still in pre-alpha becasue it's making so much money via the crowdfunding, make no delusions about it. If the realsed it, that gravy train would end, so why bother bringing it out before the well dries up? Even if you're right and all extra money is being spent on development, why does the game have a pay to win PvP by with an insanely lucrative cash shop that has been working perfectly for years? They got that feature up and running quickly enough, why not the rest of the game? Why don't they decide to release the game then develop this additional stuff and to add in later on?

Because over half of the game isn't ready yet, making a website with a store on it is infinitely easier than making a game. Hell, loads of webpage building sites have an automatic feature for adding cash shops. However let's use the First Person Shooter module as an example, that was a module that wasn't even announce until halfway through their intended development time. They get more money, they decide that a certain module would make the game more realistic or more true to the game they envisioned. If they get a lot of positive feedback on the feature from their backers they go ahead and make it, unfortunately adding to the games development time. I understand that it's kind of a vicious cycle: They get more money, they add more features, it takes more time, and in that time they get more money. But eventually they will HAVE to release the game, but I can guarantee you that they will still be adding more modules to the game afterwards.

2. It's pretty common now a days to sell online only games for 40+ dollars Common, but not welcome. See the shitstorm that games like Titanfall, Evolve and Battlefront got for that? 

The shitstorm was cause because most people thought the content of the games didn't warrant the 60+ USD people had to spend on the game. Not because they were online only.

Overwatch is a perfect example of this, Battlefront is another online only game but it went for a lot more. Business wise there is nothing wrong with selling two different games seperately, because that's what they are, two different games. Since when was a multiplayer MODE and a campaign MODE in the SAME GAME entirely different games? They are not! The Star Citizen dev's said so themselves that they're both part of the same game. It's one fucking game that was only split in two back in December to charge more money to people who want both modes after Feb 14. The reason people who pre-ordered it before Valentines day get both games are strictly for legal reasons, they were promised both games from the get-go, but since both games are turning out to be a lot more work and a lot more expensive to create than originally planned, they have to sell both games separately now. Again, according to the dev's, your wrong. They split the two game modes up, and will continue to split game modes up (I'm not kidding, they actually said that) to "Award early backers" (So that's some good news, iamtruth, you will get both). That's not "Awarding early backers" though, that's giving them something they were already entitled to and saying "Fuck You!" to everyone else. The people who backed the game already are getting they didn't already have, so who wins here?

Yes I was wrong when I posted this, but so were you when you posted this. There are two 45 USD packages that only include a ship and the MMO, buying the game for 60 USD or above will get you the normal single player game Squadron 42, a ship and the MMO. So they only split the game so people who were only interested in the Online Only experience didn't have to pay as much as everyone else, which in my book is actually a good move on their part.

3. Micro transactions in an MMO is a perfectly fine business model In a FTP MMO like Neverwinter, yes it's fine as long as the in app purchases are fairly priced and don't affect PvP balance. When you pay to play Star Citizen, the in game items can cost thousands in a pre-alpha and DO affect PvP balance, then no, it's not fine, especially when any players have access to the same content without using real money on it. Not true, there are premium only ships and ships only available to people who pledged at a certain time and/or above a certain amount.

Timed event in-game items are pretty common in MMO's, I understand that people can get frustrated of the idea of this considering the game isn't out yet, however the timed event premium ships were only different aesthetically. They had the same stats as the other ships of their class. There are other features and items that is unavailable to people who pledged to early as well. There are plenty of the stretch-goals that came after I pledged, that I will not have access to.

Sure people will defend this game, mostly because some have invested a lot of money in this project , also because it's a project they believe in Whether people are, like me, looking from the outside unblinded by the fact they're not financially invested in this and see can see the bullshit or they have put a significant amount of their hard earned money into this, it's time to stop. These dev's have enough money, so stop pledging and tell them to finish this game. And having played the game so far I'm still pretty excited for it's release. I haven't played the game myself, and I doubt I ever will, but I'm quite ready to believe it'll be enjoyable, but this makes what I see these dev's are doing to their own project and, more importantly, the people who got them this far all the more frustrating! But this is also a game people like to bash on a lot too, mostly because they listen to online personalities like Angry Joe and Totalbiscuit talking about pre-ordering, micro-transactions and crowdfunding and think they're all evil no matter what No, that's people having independent thought and not pandering to cooperate nonsense. To speak about pre-ordering, microtransactions and crowdfunding in detail is another set of comments for other threads, but they can and have been done fairly. However, Star Citizen is not a game I'd use as an example at all. It's one of the worst in all those regards.

I would highly disagree with this, first of all you can't really compare this game to any other because there aren't any games like Star Citizen. Just the sheer ammount of different types of modules and content that this game will be released with is unprecedented. And even if you do compare it to other similar MMO's, at worst it's "Pay 2 grind less" which plenty of MMO's currently have and people think it works fine and is fair to a certain extent. For arguments sake let's use League of Legends as an example, but instead switch out champions with ships. All of the champions are diverse, and mostly situationsl. You can buy both with real life money or in game currency. It doesn't give you a clear advantage because a lot of the gameplay is based mostly around skill than anything else. All the ships are mostly situational, the base combat ships though (which will be mostly used for PvP) are not different enough in power to give a clear advantage to one person over another. There is no clear "Pay 2 Win" in this game, so the micro transaction system may not be 100% fair, but it is hardly a game braking feature. And yes you could argue that other games like League of Legends and Mech Warrior are free, but again, there is no precedent to a game like this, so the value is a purely subjective issue. There are MMO's that you have to purchase and still have micro transactions in them that work well (Secret World, World of Warcraft and Guild Wars 2 to name a few).

It's not always that simple, due to Star Citizens crowdfunding nature, pre-ordering is kind of a given. And people who back this game now won't get all the content others did before, so this is still bullshit.

Yes and the same goes the other way, there are plenty of game packages, offers and stretch-goal content that I won't get because I pre-ordered to early. However like I explained in Crazycrab's post, the game packages created are in some cases even cheaper depending on what you want from the game.

All in all it mostly comes down to "Do YOU think it is worth investing money in?" No, I'll wait for review of the final game, assuming they ever bother to actually release it and end the otherwise endless cash-flow that they call a "crowdfund". I thought it was, and I haven't regretted it so far. Haters gonna hate, that's all. Honestly, I hope you do find the game to worth it and enjoy the hell out of it. I seriously want to be proven wrong here.

First off, why bring Joe into this when he hasn't mentioned Star Citizen on his channel for years? Second, when reviewers do what they do right, they judge a game based on it's overall value. Bad business practices deplete a games value, not delete it. You've basically been saying in this whole post that you believe the game will be worth it despite these issues.

I bring Joe into this because this is his website and most of the people on these forums are here because they share or respect Joe's opinions on the games he plays and reviews. I also never claimed that bad business practices don't deplete the games value, but a game can also cancel out the effect or in some cases even overcompensate for it. What worth I denominate to a games value is completely subjective and so far I have not seen anything from either the companies business practices or the game itself to make the game not worth the sum I used on this project.

None of that is gonna impress me when it's not even in the game anymore.

Those actors and the features I listed are directly taken from the currently updated website for Squadron 42. So yes they are still in the game.

I know I've given this game and it's con-men developers allot of flack but even I couldn't have imagined them doing something like this!

http://www.engadget.com/2016/02/01/squadron-42-to-cost-extra/

THAT'S RIGHT!  The highly anticipated Squadron 42 featuring their hyped all star cast of the like's of Gary Oldman, Mark Hamill, John Rhys-Davies and Andy Serkis (just to name a few) Is now not part of the fucking game at all unless you pre-order! This is even worse than TotalWar Warhammer!

The core game will cost $45 but if you don't pre-order Squadron 42 that could easily double. plus this game is almost certainly going to be loaded with micro... or rather MEGAtransactions and this is after earning more than $107,000,000 in crowdfunding.

I'm making a separate post about this and hopefully it will get this topic closed, because based on this Crazycrab is spreading disinformation.

Cloud Imperium Games (developers of Star Citizen) are now offering the following packages:

45$ - Star Citizen MMO + Mustang Alpha Ship + some ingame items

45$ - Star Citizen MMO + Aurora MR Ship + some ingame items

60$ - Squadron 42 + Star Citizen MMO + Mustang Alpha Ship + some ingame items

60$ - Squadron 42 + Star Citizen MMO + Aurora MR Ship + some ingame items

There are several other packages for higher ammounts depending on the ship you want but they all include both the Multiplayer and the Single player game.

So they are not adding Squadron 42 as a pre-order bonus. All they have done is made a cheaper game package that people can purchase if they are only interested in the Online content.

The author of the original article that was quoted in Crazycrab's post is full of misunderstandings by the author himself and the contents of the article is based of a live podcast hosted by two people from marketing and community managment. In which the whole situation was badly explained.

newtype89 likes this

I'm making a separate post about this and hopefully it will get this topic closed, because based on this Crazycrab is spreading disinformation.

Cloud Imperium Games (developers of Star Citizen) are now offering the following packages:

60$ - Squadron 42 + Star Citizen MMO + Aurora MR Ship + some ingame items

There are several other packages for higher ammounts depending on the ship you want but they all include both the Multiplayer and the Single player game.

So they are not adding Squadron 42 as a pre-order bonus. All they have done is made a cheaper game package that people can purchase if they are only interested in the Online content.

The author of the original article that was quoted in Crazycrab's post is full of misunderstandings by the author himself and the contents of the article is based of a live podcast hosted by two people from marketing and community managment. In which the whole situation was badly explained.

I have not spread any misinformation. I was reacting to the information as it was presented at that time.

It's not as bad as I feared but the fact still remains. If you bought before February 14 you got Squadron 42 for $45, now you have to pay at least $60. That is a pre-order bonus, this topic isn't going anywhere and you can't shut me up.

EDIT:  Another thing...  They were never going to offer Squadron 42 in those packs, their intent was to sell it separately after that date.  The reason why they backed out of that was because people like me kicked up fuck about it.  So you thank me anytime.

60$ - Squadron 42 + Star Citizen MMO + Aurora MR Ship + some ingame items

You cannot put up counter arguments and THEN ask for a thread to be locked. That is just about the most cowardly thing you can do on an internet forum. If it was that bad and slanderous you would have simply asked for the thread to be locked in the first place instead of making a post. I'll look at what you've posted in more detail then put together a reply when I get the chance, but you can't just have your say then try to silence people who might disagree with you.

Crazycrab likes this

You cannot put up counter arguments and THEN ask for a thread to be locked. That is just about the most cowardly thing you can do on an internet forum. If it was that bad and slanderous you would have simply asked for the thread to be locked in the first place instead of making a post. I'll look at what you've posted in more detail then put together a reply when I get the chance, but you can't just have your say then try to silence people who might disagree with you.

I asked the thread to be locked because Crazycrabs original post was based on a badly written article that had no basis in reality. Everything written in the article and in his own post were wrong. There was no point in discussing it further, you posted your arguments and I posted mine. There wasn't going to be any "winners". I felt the discussion had run it's course, since we both had our say.

I asked the thread to be locked because Crazycrabs original post was based on a badly written article that had no basis in reality. Everything written in the article and in his own post were wrong. There was no point in discussing it further, you posted your arguments and I posted mine. There wasn't going to be any "winners". I felt the discussion had run it's course, since we both had our say.

Let me explain how it works along with why you cannot request a lock for this reason.  For the sake of argument let's just pretend that their version of events as in "the information in the article was incorrect" was actually the case.  For the record lets just be clear the truth is....

They were never going to offer Squadron 42 in those packs, their intent was to sell it separately after that date.  The reason why they backed out of that was because people like me kicked up fuck about it.

1:  I wrote my post based on the information that they had published at that time and my OP is accurate according to that information.  So if that information was false it's THEIR fault, not mine or anyone else's.

2:  It is down to interpretation, I read it and saw bullshit and you read it and saw something more legit.  We are looking at it from different perspectives but I think it's fair to say that based on the response on this thread that more people agree with me but that's not really relevant.  Just because you disagree doesn't mean that that you have the right to attempt to shut me up and close my thread.  This brings me neatly on to the third and by far biggest reason why the this tread should not and will not be closed....

3: NOTHING HAS BEEN STATED THAT HAS VIOLATED THE AJSA CODE OF CONDUCT (LINK)

6. Forum rules - Members of Angry Army community will be expected to maintain a mature and respectful attitude. Your forum behavior will reflect on the community's reputation and Angry Joe, and it is taken very seriously. You are also asked not to participate in flame-fests on the forums as it lacks a certain level of professionalism even if the person being flamed deserves it and is in the wrong. You are expected to treat fellow forum members with respect at all times. Any intentions to create dissent, cause trouble or derogatory remarks, no matter how justified they may be, will be met by the community leaders of Angry Army with EXTREME displeasure. Attempts at grandstanding or "goodbye" threads as they are known will result in content moderation for your account until such time as you can be trusted to post again. Fair warning, treat your fellow forum users as you would expect to be treated. Furthermore don't type bump in a post just to put it at the top and also we do not allow any threads regarding religion or politics on these forums unless they are gaming related. Signatures are expected to be made within reasonable limits, and staff may ask you at any time to change it if it is deemed unreasonable. We reserve the right to take away your right to have signatures at any time. The creation of alternative or 'alt' accounts is a bannable offense. It is against the rules to promote video game (or any other media) piracy as it reflects negatively upon the community and Angry Joe's reputation and relationship with game developers. 

You cannot request a lock just because some one disagrees with you.   Topics are often locked if another topic was already posted about the same thing.  A moderator can lock the topic or I as the OP on can request a lock if I/they feel that it has gone of topic or there is any kind of behavior that violates the COC.  I can also request a lock if I feel that the topic has become redundant like I asked a question about Steam and got a clear answer and I decided that the topic wasn't needed anymore, but that's not up to YOU.

I feel that there is and will be more to discuss about this issue with Star Citizen/Squadron 42 over the up and coming weeks and months so the thread stays open unless it meets one of the conditions above.

Let me explain how it works along with why you cannot request a lock for this reason.  For the sake of argument let's just pretend that their version of events as in "the information in the article was incorrect" was actually the case.  For the record lets just be clear the truth is....

It's not true though, I watched the video that the article was based on, and in no way did they state that the game was going to be sold separately. The author of the article had completely misunderstood the whole situation, and had then written a click-bait article to generate controversy.

1:  I wrote my post based on the information that they had published at that time and my OP is accurate according to that information.  So if that information was false it's THEIR fault, not mine or anyone else's.

It is your fault though, because you decided to share information on a forum to generate discussion and controversy to pursue your own agenda of generating infamy around the game. So it was your responsibility to make sure the article was actually factual. Had you checked the source of the article (the video I mentioned earlier) and in addition checked the actual website, you would have known that the article was wrong.

2:  It is down to interpretation, I read it and saw bullshit and you read it and saw something more legit.  We are looking at it from different perspectives but I think it's fair to say that based on the response on this thread that more people agree with me but that's not really relevant.  Just because you disagree doesn't mean that that you have the right to attempt to shut me up and close my thread.  This brings me neatly on to the third and by far biggest reason why the this tread should not and will not be closed....

Sure, the conclusion for your opinion on the article is subjective. That is not why I tried to get the topic closed. I tried to get the topic closed because the whole discussion was based on misinformation. The very definition of the word forum is a place where people can freely discuss topics of relevancy without censorship, but since the topic at hand was based on falsehoods there was no necessity for it to continue. The more this topic is discussed the more people will think that your original post is actually true, when in fact it is not.

3: NOTHING HAS BEEN STATED THAT HAS VIOLATED THE AJSA CODE OF CONDUCT (LINK)

You cannot request a lock just because some one disagrees with you.   Topics are often locked if another topic was already posted about the same thing.  A moderator can lock the topic or I as the OP on can request a lock if I/they feel that it has gone of topic or there is any kind of behavior that violates the COC.  I can also request a lock if I feel that the topic has become redundant like I asked a question about Steam and got a clear answer and I decided that the topic wasn't needed anymore, but that's not up to YOU.

Yes it's true the topic doesn't violate any rules or regulations, but the very nature of a forum is to discuss relevant topics. This topic is not relevant anymore since it is completely based on an article that wasn't true.

I feel that there is and will be more to discuss about this issue with Star Citizen/Squadron 42 over the up and coming weeks and months so the thread stays open unless it meets one of the conditions above.

There most likely is more to discuss about Star Citizen and Squadron 42, but not on this topic. Which is why this thread isn't relevant anymore. If other topics needs discussing then a new thread will be created.

iamtruth likes this