• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Crazycrab

Star Citizen Pre-Order Bonus: THE ENTIRE SINGLE PLAYER!

67 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, STARLORD said:

You guys are gossiping. This isn't a discussion based on truth or evidence but rather speculation and assumption. This is a bunch of people just pulling words out of their I won't even address Shaggers logic of stopping the support for the game in order to get it pushed out the door faster. Gamers complain about publishers like Activision and Capcom, and then when someone tries to do it differently, you suggest things like Activision and Capcom would do. I signed up to this Forum to join Joe's organization in SC, so I hope you nincompoops don't represent the vast majority of the AngryArmy. You're giving everyone a bad name.

You can't crowdfund a game once it gets pasted a certain level of development, but because the crowdfund has become so lucrative, why would you bring the game out of alpha and end that gravy train? That's why this game has stayed in this "alpha" for so long, people keep throwing money at it, money the dev's will no longer get if the bring the game out. If people stop donating, the only way they can continue to keep this project profitable is to release the game for general sale, so that's what they'll do, I promise you!

Crazycrab likes this

17 minutes ago, Shagger said:

You can't crowdfund a game once it gets pasted a certain level of development, but because the crowdfund has become so lucrative, why would you bring the game out of alpha and end that gravy train? That's why this game has stayed in this "alpha" for so long, people keep throwing money at it, money the dev's will no longer get if the bring the game out. If people stop donating, the only way they can continue to keep this project profitable is to release the game for general sale, so that's what they'll do, I promise you!

You forget its Chris Roberts. He missed out on all of the corruption that the gaming period went through he went off to make movies during those times and now he's back and I don't believe he will flip flop like that.

2 hours ago, iamtruth said:

You forget its Chris Roberts. He missed out on all of the corruption that the gaming period went through he went off to make movies during those times and now he's back and I don't believe he will flip flop like that.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Wing Commander games, but that point makes no sense.

You think that corruption in the video game industry industry didn't exist back in the 90s/2000's? Nonsense! It's been around almost as long as video games were sold for money. Besides, the very best of them can stop giving a shit about the fans that got them where they are. Look at Blizzard's recent actions, for example.

And there's defiantly bullshit here, even if this long alpha and drawing out the crowdfund isn't part of it. They ARE charging more money for gift cards then they're actually worth. They ARE locking out parts of the game to early backers that were promised at the begging to be in it for everyone, which isn't even a bonus for them when you think about it, it's just giving them something they were already entitled to.

So you see, Chris Roberts can be corrupt, just like anyone else.

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

Don't get me wrong, I love the Wing Commander games, but that point makes no sense.

You think that corruption in the video game industry industry didn't exist back in the 90s/2000's? Nonsense! It's been around almost as long as video games were sold for money. Besides, the very best of them can stop giving a shit about the fans that got them where they are. Look at Blizzard's recent actions, for example.

And there's defiantly bullshit here, even if this long alpha and drawing out the crowdfund isn't part of it. They ARE charging more money for gift cards then they're actually worth. They ARE locking out parts of the game to early backers that were promised at the begging to be in it for everyone, which isn't even a bonus for them when you think about it, it's just giveing them something they were already entitled to.

So you, Chris Roberts can be corrupt, just like anyone else.

But you never saw in any of his games he created he never once chipped anyone out of a good game, if  his resume isn't a gleaming hope that this game will be a great game, I mean has anyone actually played the Alpha? Its a damn better Alpha then what I've seen before. Chris Roberts is our lord and savior!

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles/1/5/7/4/1/8/5/13666836493.jpg/EG11/thumbnail/360x200/

1 hour ago, iamtruth said:

But you never saw in any of his games he created he never once chipped anyone out of a good game, if  his resume isn't a gleaming hope that this game will be a great game, I mean has anyone actually played the Alpha? Its a damn better Alpha then what I've seen before. Chris Roberts is our lord and savior!

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles/1/5/7/4/1/8/5/13666836493.jpg/EG11/thumbnail/360x200/

Firstly, what's with the picture? Why do I need to look at Chris Robert's face?

Second, saying shit like he's one's "lord and savior" is sad and makes you look a religious nut beyond helping. He's not your lord and savior, he's a game developer. At best he's creating a product that he want's you give money in exchange for, he's saving you from anything. I mean drop the preachy nonsense!

EDIT: I apologize to iamtruth as I was unaware that the "lord and savior" was a specific reference. I have not deleted this part of the post as it was discussed below and would just make thing more confusing. Still, sorry for my ignorance, but I do stand by the rest of my post.

Now onto the main point.

The alpha being a polished experience just add's fuel to fire.

If it's that good, why is it an alpha? It should at least be in beta in that state. An alpha is supposed to be an early play test to try and find the inevitable problems that the normal QC and development troubleshoots either can't really test or haven't yet found. An alpha is supposed to be buggy and incomplete, that's the whole point of it. They keep Star Citizen in this so called "alpha" because that's making more money right now then if the game released. Why can't the Star Citizen fans see that? Plus, no game in alpha should have a cash at all, they should developing the game, working out said bugs and finishing the other content, not charging thousands of dollars for ships.

I never said Star Citizen won't be a fun game, I wouldn't care so much to debate this if I didn't want to play it, but I can't support it when there is clearly something very shady going on.

Crazycrab likes this

11 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Second, saying shit like he's one's "lord and savior" is sad and makes you look a religious nut beyond helping. He's not your lord and savior, he's a game developer. At best he's creating a product that he want's you give money in exchange for, he's saving you from anything. I mean drop the fanboy nonsense!

Now onto the main point.

If it's that good, why is it an alpha? It should at least be in beta in that state. An alpha is supposed to be an early play test to try and find the inevitable problems that the normal QC and development troubleshoots either can't really test or haven't yet found. An alpha is supposed to be buggy and incomplete, that's the whole point of it. They keep Star Citizen in this so called "alpha" because that's making more money right now then if the game released. Why can't the Star Citizen fans see that? Plus, no game in alpha should have a cash at all, they should developing the game, working out said bugs and finishing the other content, not charging thousands of dollars for ships.

I never said Star Citizen won't be a fun game, I wouldn't care so much to debate this if I didn't want to play it, but I can't support it when there is clearly something very shady going on.

Just FYI the whole "lord and savior" thing isn't really about fanboyism. It originated with the kickstarter where Chris Roberts said he's making a PC game for PC gamers. That's rare now a days for a developer to solely focus on PC's and on top of that aiming for high end computers. And thus started the whole "Chris Roberts is the savior of PC gaming", it's mostly about praising his dedication to PC gaming and his past achievements in PC gaming.

EDIT: Also why is this thread even still open? Are there no moderators in these parts of the forums?

iamtruth likes this

5 minutes ago, Snapplemonkey said:

EDIT: Also why is this thread even still open? Are there no moderators in these parts of the forums?

We've been through this before man, the topic is not getting locked just because you disagree.

Shagger likes this

Just now, Crazycrab said:

We've been through this before man, the is not getting just because you disagree.

First of all we ended that discussion weeks ago.

Second, no one is even discussing the topic of this thread.

Third, we've been through this before. Your original post that started this thread is misleading and misinformed. It has nothing to do with disagreement, the post is just factually wrong.

23 minutes ago, Snapplemonkey said:

Just FYI the whole "lord and savior" thing isn't really about fanboyism. It originated with the kickstarter where Chris Roberts said he's making a PC game for PC gamers. That's rare now a days for a developer to solely focus on PC's and on top of that aiming for high end computers. And thus started the whole "Chris Roberts is the savior of PC gaming", it's mostly about praising his dedication to PC gaming and his past achievements in PC gaming.

Like I've said before, I like the Wing Commander games, but in the end they're just games. Something I payed to him and the others involved fairly, so he's still no savior of anything in mind, especially if Star Citizen is the best example of how he's a savior. Still, thanks for the interesting tidbit and reference, I think those kind of facts are allot of fun. More importantly, thanks for correction. I didn't know that was "thing" more specific to Star Citizen, so I apologize to iamtruth for my ignorance on that.

And once again, you can't have a thread locked just because you have a different opinion. End of.

4 minutes ago, Snapplemonkey said:

First of all we ended that discussion weeks ago.

Second, no one is even discussing the topic of this thread.

Third, we've been through this before. Your original post that started this thread is misleading and misinformed. It has nothing to do with disagreement, the post is just factually wrong.

No it wasn't and I'm not getting into that debate again.  It's simple, you want the topic locked because you don't want people saying anything negative about the game or developers.  That's not gonna happen.  End of story.

Shagger likes this

11 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

No it wasn't and I'm not getting into that debate again.  It's simple, you want the topic locked because you don't want people saying anything negative about the game or developers.  That's not gonna happen.  End of story.

Here is how the original post is factually wrong:

1. The thread name: STAR CITIZEN PRE-ORDER BONUS: THE ENTIRE SINGLE PLAYER!
This is not what they did. First of all there is no pre-order bonus, it's just been divided into different purchasing packages.
60$ - You get the full game as advertised in the kickstarted and everywhere else.
45$ - You get the Online Only portion of the game, in other words the MMO. You can then upgrade to the full game if you want to for an additional 15$, totaling in 60$.
45$ - You get the Single player portion of the game, in other words the story mode which is a full AAA title with professional voice acting and a 15-30 hour campaign. You can then upgrade to the full game if you want for an additional 15$, totaling in 60$.

That is the change in question that was made in the time that you made the post, there is nothing about pre order bonus or anything like that, making the whole thread moot. There is not point in discussing a topic that is baseless.

2. The Source of your original post.
The article you posted was amateurishly written, there were no sources except for a community video, where the author of the article had misunderstood the whole video to the point that he was naming 90$ prices to basic game packages that didn't even exist. Not only that, but every other credible video game "journalistic" websites never even talked about this topic at all.

In other words, your entire original post was based on rumors, misunderstandings and misinformation. There is nothing factual about your original post. This entire thread is pointless, which is why it should be closed. It has nothing to do with me disagreeing.

iamtruth likes this

40 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Second, saying shit like he's one's "lord and savior" is sad and makes you look a religious nut beyond helping. He's not your lord and savior, he's a game developer. At best he's creating a product that he want's you give money in exchange for, he's saving you from anything. I mean drop the preachy nonsense!

Now onto the main point.

Firstly, you need to wake up to see and praise him everyday.

secondly, don't talk about my god like that.

thirdly, the reason why it's called an ALPHA because they don't have all the content in so they could have open world with a million planets and no ships I mean is that a alpha or a beta? come on think.. 

If you don't care to debate then bye, I'm just taking this with a gran of salt while your going full keyboard warrior calling me names.. really?

14 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Well I mean you are technically putting out false information and your getting angry about it. So essentially you got caught with your pants down and now your just getting angry. 

6 minutes ago, Snapplemonkey said:

Here is how the original post is factually wrong:

1. The thread name: STAR CITIZEN PRE-ORDER BONUS: THE ENTIRE SINGLE PLAYER!
This is not what they did. First of all there is no pre-order bonus, it's just been divided into different purchasing packages.
60$ - You get the full game as advertised in the kickstarted and everywhere else.
45$ - You get the Online Only portion of the game, in other words the MMO. You can then upgrade to the full game if you want to for an additional 15$, totaling in 60$.
45$ - You get the Single player portion of the game, in other words the story mode which is a full AAA title with professional voice acting and a 15-30 hour campaign. You can then upgrade to the full game if you want for an additional 15$, totaling in 60$.

Listen, at the time made my OP there was a 2 week deadline in February where if you "Pledged" the $45 you got the single player at NO EXTRA COST!  That's a pre-order bonus!   THAT is what the original post was about, If you really think I'm lying then go to a moderator and they will tell you exactly the same thing I've been saying for weeks, EVERYTHING I have said has been based on the fact's available at the time, NONE of it is a lie, and NOTHING I have posted has been out of the code of conduct.

YOU are the one that is lying by trying to make this look like it's about something it's not.

4 minutes ago, iamtruth said:

thirdly, the reason why it's called an ALPHA because they don't have all the content in so they could have open world with a million planets and no ships I mean is that a alpha or a beta? come on think.. 

If you don't care to debate then bye, I'm just taking this with a gran of salt while your going full keyboard warrior calling me names.. really?

Please check my edit of the quoted post. I was in the middle of typing when you replied. Snapplemonky explained the reference and after he hid it made more sense, so accept my apology for that.

But now you have confirmed with this response that a willingness to accept logic and reason is just not gonna happen, is it? So, my apology really doesn't mean anything. The game dev's would kill your cat and you'd still defend them, wouldn't you?  This debate is not pointless, but debating it with you is, so I'm done.

10 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Listen, at the time made my OP there was a 2 week deadline in February where if you "Pledged" the $45 you got the single player at NO EXTRA COST!  That's a pre-order bonus!   THAT is what the original post was about, If you really think I'm lying then go to a moderator and they will tell you exactly the same thing I've been saying for weeks, EVERYTHING I have said has been based on the fact's available at the time, NONE of it is a lie, and NOTHING I have posted has been out of the code of conduct.

YOU are the one that is lying by trying to make this look like it's about something it's not.

Actually no, when I made my first post the deadline was still not up, and I read the article you quoted, and I also watched the video the article was based on, AND I checked the official website store at the time. You see, when I join a discussion I don't like to post while misinformed, and all the facts I found are the same ones I have been posting so far. The community video the article was based on, barely touched on the subject and was not explained very well, and then the author decided to write an article based on that little snipped of badly explained information. And then you (after several times demonstrated in this thread) out of biased hate towards this game made an angry post about it. However it does not matter any more, I have reported this thread in hopes that a competent forum moderator will close this thread.

I don't mind debate or discussion, in fact I encourage and love it. It's a good way to learn new things. However, as I have stated several times here, this whole thread is pointless.

No, actually everyone with moderation abilities doesn't read through every post in the forums from month old threads under the assumption that people are incapable of calmly discussing video games, even I'm not cynical enough to do that. That's why there is a report feature. Disagreements don't get threads locked, nor does sharing news that gets explained in more detail later on, which is why it was not locked before.

This thread is going to be locked now, because for some reason all of you thought it was a good idea to bring it back a month later to continue arguing

.....and because it's weird.

Shagger and Crazycrab like this