• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

undeadslayer4

what happened to ubisoft

54 posts in this topic

So u know that ubisoft previously made some really disappointing games in the past 2 years like for example watch dogs its been said that ubisoft purposely downgraded the graphics for no particular reason, and treats their devs like shit. Forcing them to rush a unfinished game like AC Unity. But why why would they do this thats the question i used to like this company with Black Flag being my favorite AC game out of the whole franchise what happened

Still not as bad as EA, but the industry is in pretty bad place with publishers right now.

diehardght likes this

At least The Division is looking good, so does Far Cry Primal. The Crew and Splinter Cell: Blacklist were pretty good, so I think it's just the case that Ubisoft was putting too much pressure on itself to keep pace after AC4 and Far Cry 3.

8uugxpL.jpg

why is WB portrayed as better than the others 

At least The Division is looking good, so does Far Cry Primal. The Crew and Splinter Cell: Blacklist were pretty good, so I think it's just the case that Ubisoft was putting too much pressure on itself to keep pace after AC4 and Far Cry 3.

Honestly I think Ubisoft have (for the most part) been behaving themselves lately, I think WB and EA deserve more flack. 

Dyzzles likes this

why is WB portrayed as better than the others 

They aren't, they're using modern tech to dig the deepest hole.

Dyzzles likes this

Honestly I think Ubisoft have (for the most part) been behaving themselves lately, I think WB and EA deserve more flack. 

Even EA is apparently trying to turn things around. They did delay Battlefront and Hardline to fix bugs, which is a step in the right direction but of course there's still a long way to go. WB can go fuck off with Konami.

They are getting better.

Syndicate is a damn good game and the devision looks very promising.  Hell even siege is getting good now they are actually sorting some of the bugs out.

They recently released a good Assassins Creed, a good Splinter Cell, Valiant Hearts, Child of Light, people like Far Cry, the last Call of Juarez was excellent, people seem to be enjoying The Division. They frequently have large discounts on their games and have them in Bundles. Watchdogs ended up being as average as it always looked, why would that matter, it's a large company with a lot of teams making a lot of different games.

Dyzzles and Brokensteel119 like this

Jesus saint fuck Undeadslayer what is it with you making threads about things months or more after those things cease to be relevant enough to warrant making threads about it? 

Ubi's actually been improving lately, I think they saw the shit mess Konami has gotten itself in and decided to dial back the corporate douchebaggery by a few ticks until that blows over. That's my theory. Although I'll bet you Far Cry Primal will still have microtransactions in it. 

Ubisoft's got some questionable practices but they haven't done anything exceptionally dickish lately.

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

Ubisoft sold their souls to the goddamn devil. That's why!

Ubisoft sold their souls to the goddamn devil. That's why!

That's EA, man.

That's EA, man.

No EA did nothing wrong. :P

They recently released a good Assassins Creed, a good Splinter Cell, Valiant Hearts, Child of Light, people like Far Cry, the last Call of Juarez was excellent, people seem to be enjoying The Division. They frequently have large discounts on their games and have them in Bundles. Watchdogs ended up being as average as it always looked, why would that matter, it's a large company with a lot of teams making a lot of different games. They also frequently have their games discounted or in bundles.

I say that's a good thing IMO.

I dont get why people bash watchdogs simply cuz of the visual fkdelity being nerfed to match consoles. But witchwr 3 does the exact same thing and nobody talks about it.

I dont get why people bash watchdogs simply cuz of the visual fkdelity being nerfed to match consoles. But witchwr 3 does the exact same thing and nobody talks about it.

Well Watch Dogs also ran like shit.

I am really hyped for the Division. I hope Ubisoft continues to improve in the right direction.

Dyzzles likes this

Well Watch Dogs also ran like shit.

Oh? Well that's certainly a good point depending on the severity. why the carp does nobody ever mention that fact? gah.

Why isn't Activision and Bethesda on the comic list?

Oh? Well that's certainly a good point depending on the severity. why the carp does nobody ever mention that fact? gah.

It's simple really Ubisoft is popular company to bash, CD Projckt Red is not.  The fact is Ubisoft haven't made any significant missteps in the past 12 months or so.

Discounting mobile (which as we all know almost always suck anyway, regardless of publisher) here are their releases in 2015.

Anno 2205
Assassin's Creed Chronicles
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Grow Home
Just Dance 2016
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
Toy Soldiers: War Chest 2015

Weather you think all these are good games or not is not the point.  The point is has Ubisoft be really shady with any of these?

How may of these games came out broken and/or unfinished?

How may came out with ludicrousness pay to win microtransactions?

How many had awful ports on PC or consoles?

How many were charging insane amounts for a season pass?

How many were trying to suck us in with ridiculous pre-order bonuses?

How many had chopped of sections of the main game that should clearly be included to sell back later as DLC?

How many of you are still hating on Ubisoft?

Why isn't Activision and Bethesda on the comic list?

Because Bethesda hasn't put microtransactions in any of their games or chopped out massive crucial parts of it to sell as DLC. 

Why do people keep whaling on Bethesda? The paid mods thing was shit and Fallout 4 was mediocre, but they haven't fallen to Corporate Commander levels yet. They're still good folk as far as I can tell.

It's simple really Ubisoft is popular company to bash, CD Projckt Red is not.  The fact is Ubisoft haven't mad any significant missteps in the past 12 months or so.

Discounting mobile (which as we all know almost always suck anyway, regardless of publisher) here are their releases in 2015.

Anno 2205 Win
Assassin's Creed Chronicles
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Grow Home
Just Dance 2016
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
Toy Soldiers: War Chest 2015

How many of these games came out broken and/or unfinished?

How many came out with ludicrousness pay to win microtransactions?

How many had awful ports on PC or consoles?

How many were charging insane amounts for a season pass?

How many had were trying to suck us in with ridiculous pre-order bonuses?

How many chopped of sections of the main game that should clearly be included to sell back later as DLC?

How many of you are still hating on Ubisoft?

Actually all of the big name games you mentioned there had microtransactions. It doesn't matter if they're "Fair", they're mocrotransactions in full priced games and they don't fucking belong there. Which is goddamn despicable. That aside, yes, Ubi has been relatively well behaved this year, though If you're trying to say we should just lay off them because of that I have to say you're being far too forgiving of years of very poor treatment of PC gamers. 

Also Uplay. 

The one thing I hate more than Origin. 

Uplay. 

What, did you think I'd forget about Uplay, Ubisoft? 

I'll never forget about Uplay. 

Yes, they've been a good little corporation this year, as far as disgustingly bloated AAA publishers who want literally all the money they can possibly get go, but by no means should we be singing their praises in the streets. We should be thanking them for not fucking PC players up the anus and then gently reminding them that if microtransactions are in Far Cry Primal we'll still tear them a new one. 

That said I still believe this thread is unnecessary given Ubi hasn't really done anything remarkable of late.

Actually all of the big name games you mentioned there had microtransactions. It doesn't matter if they're "Fair", they're mocrotransactions in full priced games and they don't fucking belong there. Which is goddamn despicable. That aside, yes, Ubi has been relatively well behaved this year, though If you're trying to say we should just lay off them because of that I have to say you're being far too forgiving of years of very poor treatment of PC gamers. 

Also Uplay. 

The one thing I hate more than Origin. 

Uplay. 

What, did you think I'd forget about Uplay, Ubisoft? 

I'll never forget about Uplay. 

Yes, they've been a good little corporation this year, as far as disgustingly bloated AAA publishers who want literally all the money they can possibly get go, but by no means should we be singing their praises in the streets. We should be thanking them for not fucking PC players up the anus and then gently reminding them that if microtransactions are in Far Cry Primal we'll still tear them a new one. 

That said I still believe this thread is unnecessary given Ubi hasn't really done anything remarkable of late.

What's wrong with UPlay?  Throughout most of December and January I was offline and was still able to play Assassins Creed Syndicate, I couldn't say the same for Origin of the majority of my Steam Library.