• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Bamboe

Rocket League - Xbox One Discussion Thread

48 posts in this topic

I still have not unlocked the Gears car yet. I'm guessing it is random?

Bamboe likes this

Actually its not.  To unlock Gears car complete a season.  This is easily done.  but I'm not sure if you have to win the championship.  I did.  easy exploit is the kickoff, rookie bots don't boost.  So try scoring with the first touch to guarantee a win and you'll get the Gears car.  in case you do have to win the championship.

Rocket League on Sunday

I am happy to announce that Rocket League events will take the Sunday time slot until further notice.  That is great news for anyone who loves to score goals in a RC car with boost that can do controlled flips.  First event at the new time will be Sunday March 5th at 6:00pm EST.  Be sure to contact me if you are interested in playing with us. 

RuneX likes this

Rocket League on Sunday

I am happy to announce that Rocket League events will take the Sunday time slot until further notice. That is great news for anyone who loves to score goals in a RC car with boost that can do controlled flips. First event at the new time will be Sunday March 5th at 6:00pm EST. Be sure to contact me if you are interested in playing with us.

Is Rocket League still going for this Thursday?

No.  Thursday is Minecraft this week.

Rocket League Basketball mode teased! Super cool!

Shagger likes this

Rocket League Basketball mode teased! Super cool!

I'm looking forward to this mode if they are going to implement it. It should be a very interesting spin on the usual formula, and will make more use of aerial hits. Looking forward to the next event as well!

Shagger and RuneX like this

I'm looking forward to this mode if they are going to implement it. It should be a very interesting spin on the usual formula, and will make more use of aerial hits. Looking forward to the next event as well!

This.

Gonna be a blast.

Heyyo, very exciting news regarding a new gamemode coming to Rocket League! Basketball or "Hoops"mode coming April 26th! Here is the trailer. :) 

, RuneX and Bamboe like this

RL_Xbox_One.jpg

I am happy to announce that we will be holding a Rocket League Tournament among the Xbox one players.  To ensure all teams have full participations we will be having a small placing season.  This means that the elimination bracket will not be randomly generated.  The number of games will depend on how many teams will be signed up.  We will try to make teams play every other team before the elimination phase.

It is time for you to make a team! Teams will be three player large.  You may make a team with people that are not members of the AJSA yet a no show may result in forfeit and a loss towards your record.  You do have a few weeks to make your teams while we iron out the details of the tournament.  Expect the placing season to begin Sunday June 19th but teams will be finalized some time before then (more details are on the way). 

If you don't have Rocket League it is not too late to pick it up and participate in the tournament.  It is a really fun game and retails for $19.99USD and comes with all of season one DLC.

StraightUpMelon likes this

If you want to participate in the tournament but don't know any members to make a team with just introduce yourself in this thread and mention you are looking for teammates.  I can also assist you, all you have to do is message me about it (gamertag:  AJSABamboe).  several teams are missing a third, so contact me so that I can help you get registered.

StraightUpMelon likes this

I'm still looking for a team, I'm active in Rocket League and I am at almost every RL event . Msg me here on the forums or XBL @StraightUpMelon

Bamboe likes this

Hey if it is possible to cross play, i would like to help you guys running the tournament, if cross play isn't possible then that ok otherwhise, ill be writing down the scores of a Google Spread sheet or whatever site you guys use for your tournament. Thanks!

Only concern is that the 17th throught the 19th im going to a NYC Trip with my fellow IRL friends, i should be back late on the 19th since NYC is about 6-7 hours where i live.

Tonight I will be hosting a Rocket League event at 7:30pm EST.  So come out to score a load of goals with friends.  We will be playing the new game modes, so be sure to be there if you haven't tried them yet.  Cheers.

The cross-platform play that was announced in March between XBox and Steam starts today!

http://news.xbox.com/2016/05/24/cross-network-rocket-league-play-arrives-on-xbox-one-and-steam-pc/

RuneX, StraightUpMelon and Bamboe like this

I just got rocket league if any one wants to play, msg me on xbl

Bamboe and RuneX like this

Regular Rocket League events will resume in June; great way for you to meet and engage with other members of the community! :)

Psykogrl and StraightUpMelon like this

Thanks for sharing! Great vid!

Bamboe likes this

Latest Rocket League Patch Notes (v1.22) posted here:

http://www.rocketleaguegame.com/news/2016/09/patch-notes-v1-22/

All-new “Rumble” mode has been added as an unranked playlist, and is also available in Private Matches and Exhibition mode point. 

Rumble-Key-Art-1650x880.jpg

I think we'll be having a lot of fun playing this game mode.

Bdelloidweevil1 likes this

I really LOVE this game! If you like soccer (or football for those of you elsewhere in the world) I can guarantee you will really like this game! It is packed with intense action, suspense, and its an all-around fun time waster. You can play solo in exhibition matches against AI players or play online against real players who often are really good. I highly suggest purchasing it because it is my favorite game that I currently own.

Hit me up on Xbox Live or Discord if you need or even just want someone to chat with and play. My gamertag is the exact same as my username on here. Also if you don't have discord yet, go and get it. We have tons of fun chatting there, and there are multiple threads such as: gameclips, the lounge, YouTube videos, Cooking and food, and even Music. It's a fun time and I really hope any newcomers will enjoy it.

Ta Ta for now,

Weevil

RuneX likes this