• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Krauserlols

things i wanna know about before buying XCOM 2

10 posts in this topic

Im sure most of you must be exited about XCOM 2, me as well since i enjoyed the first one but there are a few things i wanna know before i buy it and i tough the best place to find it was here of course. If Angry Joe posted a video i wouldnt know cause my internet is down and right now im using a borrowed connection that im still testing its stability. Anyways here are my conserns:

1- Caracter customization: My biggest dissapointment on XCOM enemy unknown is that all those cool colored armor and helmets i saw in previews and i believe on TB's WTF video on it, it was so long ago im not sure but i remember seen people givng characters like cool helmets and recoloring their armor to things like red, blue or fabulous pink. I buy the game and to my dissapointment all that awesome customization is DLC. Normally i wouldnt complain cause cosmetic DLC is better an cut content (im looking at you Capcom) and i do agree that DLC colors and all that is the best policy when it comes to DLC but that only works if you have something to work with in the first place.

If you dont have the DLC your limited to modify the character's hair, face and voice. Is not that bad but the highlight of the game are the suits not the face, its cool i can see Reniko and her bright green hair across the field but i would like to give her phantom armor a color to match, or maybe paint it the same as her skin so when shes far away she looks like shes nekked. and while i do agree giving your character a face is important its also important to protect it, you know in case you get shot in the head or protect yourself from poison mist.

On TB's WTF on XCOM 2 i saw TB's main character (probably named after him, too distracted by the warsuit) wearing what he calls a Warsuit that he painted Red, white and dark blue to make it look like the British flag i suppose and another soldier (probably customized after his wife, again distracted by the everything happening) in a pink suit and with a purple weapon. Its cool and all but im scared that i have to pay extra for all that cool customization. I just want enough to make my character even more unique in the field and show off my fashon sence (or lack there of) to the world, one day when i start making videos, and to better bond to these people im comanding.

Of course i still bond with them, like when poor Reniko got gangbaged by 3 crysalist that came out of nowhere in a single turn and ripped her heavy armor to shreds, then i had to kill her Zombified corpse that almost kills one of my guys, me and my cousing almost cried. Even surrounded she managed to critically wound one of them, you will be remembered...

2- Randomized Soldiers: Another annoying thing in XCOM: EU was how i didnt have control on what class my soldiers become. I suppose you could say that it helps on the immersion that you have to work with what you have but it stopped being funny when i had a team of a Heavy, an Assault, a Medic and a Sniper, then about 10 or 15 Snipers wating for their turn on the team. It doesnt even make sence, it would if they came already trained in a role but no they are all rookies so why cant i tell them what i want them to be? im the commander they have to do what i tell them to.

Its just ilogical and feels like a cheap way to add dificulty.

3- Heavy weapons' one charge thingie: This more of a confusion than a complain. In Totalbiscuit's video he says that Heavy weapons are "powerfull one shot weapons" but when i went to the wiki page for the flamethrower it says "One charge only". Further investigation i found that the Rocket Launcher (another heavy weapon in the game) says one shot as well. From what i can gather there are some heavy weapons like the Rocket launcher than only have a single shot while there are others like the Flametrower that have like a single magazine and cant reload. Im just especulating of course and anyone who has played it will probably be able to answer.

Its mostly cause there are very few games where i can use a flamethrower as a main weapon, makes me sad.

Hope you guys can inform me better before i buy the game. Thanks in advance!

Ok so I'm not far enough into the game yet to talk about heavy weapons but I will talk about customization and randomized soldiers.

First off customization has seen dramatic improvement, just about everything on a soldier can be customized ranging between, eye color, individual pieces of armor, country, race, armor color, weapon pattern, weapon color, nickname ect. You can also save characters to a pool so that when they inevitably die they will show up in the recruitment tab on a different playthrough and you don't have to remake them. 

Soldier classes are still picked at random as far as I know.

I have to mention though you might want to wait a couple of days to get the game as it seems to be having some optimization issues. A lot of people (myself included) seem to be getting frame rate issues and while my graphics card is outdated I can run better-looking games at better framerates so you might want to just wait for a performance patch/Nvidia driver. 

1: They have significantly more options than before and changing colors is no longer DLC. The preorder thing was a different style early game armor/shirts and their future DLC will also have new cosmetic things but since the game supports mods you are likely to be able to get enough through that if there wasn't enough in the base game for you.

2: One of the first things you should build is a tactics facility. You can put a recruit in it and choose one of four classes for them to become, they will be promoted to that class in five days. Saving you the trouble of trying to promote new recruits and letting you choose what you want people to be. To make a psychic character you create the facility and put a recruit in that.

3: The flamethrower only has one charge per mission. The heavy weapons are equipped on E.X.O. suits so it is an additional weapon that you get by customizing your armor, they aren't meant to be primary weapons (until someone likely makes a mod to have them as a primary weapon).

1: They have significantly more options than before and changing colors is no longer DLC. The preorder thing was a different style early game armor/shirts and their future DLC will also have new cosmetic things but since the game supports mods you are likely to be able to get enough through that if there wasn't enough in the base game for you.

2: One of the first things you should build is a tactics facility. You can put a recruit in it and choose one of four classes for them to become, they will be promoted to that class in five days. Saving you the trouble of trying to promote new recruits and letting you choose what you want people to be. To make a psychic character you create the facility and put a recruit in that.

3: The flamethrower only has one charge per mission. The heavy weapons are equipped on E.X.O. suits so it is an additional weapon that you get by customizing your armor, they aren't meant to be primary weapons (until someone likely makes a mod to have them as a primary weapon).

I just want to run around with a flamethrower and burn everyone in my path, yet the only one i can freely do that is in Warframe, and well CoD World at War. Cant wait to see what the modders come up with, after of course the inevitable starts of Nude mods and... i dunno Dragon ball powers and play as Broly and save the world, just so you can destroy it!

Glad to hear i can choose my own class and country, Is venezuela abiable? plz tell me its there

Ok so I'm not far enough into the game yet to talk about heavy weapons but I will talk about customization and randomized soldiers.

First off customization has seen dramatic improvement, just about everything on a soldier can be customized ranging between, eye color, individual pieces of armor, country, race, armor color, weapon pattern, weapon color, nickname ect. You can also save characters to a pool so that when they inevitably die they will show up in the recruitment tab on a different playthrough and you don't have to remake them. 

Soldier classes are still picked at random as far as I know.

I have to mention though you might want to wait a couple of days to get the game as it seems to be having some optimization issues. A lot of people (myself included) seem to be getting frame rate issues and while my graphics card is outdated I can run better-looking games at better framerates so you might want to just wait for a performance patch/Nvidia driver. 

I know TB talked about them and im sure im not getting this anytime soon so when i buy it homepfully the issues will be solved

Gonna play xcom:EU before I get into 2 which will hopefully be soon.

Pro tip: Build satellites and planes to cover all the countries as soon as you can. Thrust me i ignored them for the most part and it bite me in the ass later. Also Scopes are your best friend early on. A god send for rookies and their shaky hands

Glad to hear i can choose my own class and country, Is venezuela abiable?

I'm pretty sure it is, and if you wanted a character from Venezuela to speak Spanish there are 10 different Spanish voice choices.

Pro tip: Build satellites and planes to cover all the countries as soon as you can.

Have satellites to cover countries as soon as you can, you don't necessarily want to use them right away. Save them until the end of the month (before your monthly funding) then send them up on countries with the most panic to reduce the panic.

Not sure if this was said but in character creator you can designate what they will become once promoted. If you make a character based off your friend and set it to Sharpshooter, they will only be a sharpshooter unless you send them to a training center.

Not sure if this was said but in character creator you can designate what they will become once promoted. If you make a character based off your friend and set it to Sharpshooter, they will only be a sharpshooter unless you send them to a training center.

I have not found this to be the case in the single player game. I made a character based on a buddy and set him to be a grenadier, but he showed up twice as a ranger. First time he was recruitable at HQ and already leveled as a ranger, which I ignored. A few in-game months later, he showed up as a normal rookie recruit, and he leveled up into a ranger. I double checked and he's definitely set as a grenadier in my character pool.

Could be a glitch, or it could be a feature that's only used for multiplayer. Would kind of defeat the purpose of the GTS training if you already knew what classes your dudes would become.

I have not found this to be the case in the single player game. I made a character based on a buddy and set him to be a grenadier, but he showed up twice as a ranger. First time he was recruitable at HQ and already leveled as a ranger, which I ignored. A few in-game months later, he showed up as a normal rookie recruit, and he leveled up into a ranger. I double checked and he's definitely set as a grenadier in my character pool.

Could be a glitch, or it could be a feature that's only used for multiplayer. Would kind of defeat the purpose of the GTS training if you already knew what classes your dudes would become.

Whats the purpose of having a team and being a comander if i cant command people to work on what i need. In fact whats the point of creating a character if you have no control of what they will become?

I'm pretty sure it is, and if you wanted a character from Venezuela to speak Spanish there are 10 different Spanish voice choices.

Have satellites to cover countries as soon as you can, you don't necessarily want to use them right away. Save them until the end of the month (before your monthly funding) then send them up on countries with the most panic to reduce the panic.

Oh dear now i wanna buy it so bad....