• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Santaclawz

How many anime watchers here?

63 posts in this topic

So how many people here like to watch anime? If you do, what are some anime you like? My favorites are Hunter x Hunter 2011, Hajime no Ippo, and Magi. I just recently caught up to the anime erased which is pretty good too!

I liked Hunter X Hunter quite a bit (hopefully it comes out of hiatus). I just finished watching Hellsing Ultimate. I also like Naruto, Assassination Classroom and Jojo's Bizzare Adventures quite a bit. 

Santaclawz likes this

I prefer mostly gorey anime like berserk or Tokyo ghoul or hellsing or kinda but not really dead man wonderland

Santaclawz likes this

I liked Hunter X Hunter quite a bit (hopefully it comes out of hiatus). I just finished watching Hellsing Ultimate. I also like Naruto, Assassination Classroom and Jojo's Bizzare Adventures quite a bit. 

Dude i know and it went on hiatus at the worst time too cause it was starting to get really good.

articman likes this

I'm dipping my toes into this thanks to my better half with stuff like DBZ, Outlaw Star, Yu-Gi-Oh and Attack on Titan (REALLY loving that one). What I like about anime so far is that the worlds and stoires remind me of nothing else even though the animations tend to be similar but wonderful to look at. What I don't like (I'd say DBZ and AOT are particularity guilty of this) is the overuse of exposition. Everything, even shit you've just observed, for some reason has to be re-described when it doesn't. It feels like annoying padding to me.

Santaclawz likes this

I'm dipping my toes into this thanks to my better half with stuff like DBZ, Outlaw Star, Yu-Gi-Oh and Attack on Titan (REALLY loving that one). What I like about anime so far is that the worlds and stoires remind me of nothing else even though the animations tend to be similar but wonderful to look at. What I don't like (I'd say DBZ and AOT are particularity guilty of this) is the overuse of exposition. Everything, even shit you've just observed, for some reason has to be re-described when it doesn't. It feels like annoying padding to me.

I think DBZ was the first anime i really watched, but naruto is what opened my eyes to anime if that makes sense lol I also watched yu-gi-oh as kid too. I understand how you feel about overuse of exposition, hunter x hunter is kind of guilty of this in one of the later arcs.

I watch it occasionally. I have varied taste so I'll just list some examples of ones I've watched. Feel free to ask about them if you want recommendations or just my opinion on them

-DB and DBZ

-Berserk

-Hellsing Ultimate

-Naruto and Shippuden

-code Geass

-Hunter x Hunter

-FMA Brotherhood

-Legend of Galactic Heroes

-Attack on Titan

-Psycho Pass

-One Piece

-Claymore

-Trigun

-Durarara

-One Punch Man

-Mobile Suite Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans

-Cowboy Beebop

-Hataraku Maou (Devil is a Part Timer)

-Sword Art Online

-Deadman Wonderland

-First 2 arcs of yu-gi-oh (duelist kingdom and battle city)

Edit: Forgot about these

-Pokemon Kanto and Johto Arcs

-Fairy Tail

Santaclawz likes this

I watch it occasionally. I have varied taste so I'll just list some examples of ones I've watched. Feel free to ask about them if you want recommendations or just my opinion on them

-DB and DBZ

-Berserk

-Hellsing Ultimate

-Naruto and Shippuden

-code Geass

-Hunter x Hunter

-FMA Brotherhood

-Attack on Titan

-Psycho Pass

-One Piece

-Claymore

-Trigun

-Durarara

-One Punch Man

-Cowboy Beebop

-Sword Art Online

-Deadman Wonderland

;)

-DB and DBZ

-Berserk

-Hellsing Ultimate

-Naruto and Shippuden

-code Geass

-Hunter x Hunter

-FMA Brotherhood

-Attack on Titan

-Psycho Pass

-One Piece

-Claymore

-Trigun

-Durarara

-One Punch Man

-Cowboy Beebop

-Sword Art Online

-Deadman Wonderland

I actually never heard of "Devil is a Part Timer" and "Legend of Galactic Heroes". How are they?

I actually never heard of "Devil is a Part Timer" and "Legend of Galactic Heroes". How are they?

Devil is part timer: A comedy series where the demon king from a fantasy realm is being defeated so he uses magic to transport himself and his servant to our world. He then has to live as a human while his powers recover. This includes a job at "MacRonalds". Can be pretty funny. I watched it dubbed and it was pretty good.

Legend of Galactic Heroes: basically diet game of thrones in space. No dubbed version but still excellent. Deals with various ideaologies, religious fanaticism, terrorism, corruption, an goverment types. Space combat is also awesome. Whole series is done in awesome 80's animation.

Santaclawz likes this

I dont watch anime but I love anime art in my videogames. Then reading complaints about how they are so cliche anime by anime fans who cant get enough lf it except in games apparently.

Santaclawz likes this

Devil is part timer: A comedy series where the demon king from a fantasy realm is being defeated so he uses magic to transport himself and his servant to our world. He then has to live as a human while his powers recover. This includes a job at "MacRonalds". Can be pretty funny. I watched it dubbed and it was pretty good.

Legend of Galactic Heroes: basically diet game of thrones in space. No dubbed version but still excellent. Deals with various ideaologies, religious fanaticism, terrorism, corruption, an goverment types. Space combat is also awesome. Whole series is done in awesome 80's animation.

Dude, Legend of Galactic Heroes sounds sweet haha

***points to signature and avatar****

(One Piece and Love Lab)

Yup, im an avid watcher...here is a list of some i seen and watching still.

Attack on Titan

Bakemonogatari

Blade of the Immortal

Bleach

Blue Gender (enjoy gore? watch this one)

Cowboy Bebop

Dance In The Vampire Bund

Deadman Wonderland

Death Note

Dragonball Series

Fairy Tail

Fullmetal Alchemist

Ghost in the Shell

Gundam

Highschool DxD

Jitsu wa Watashi wa

Love Lab

Naruto Series

One Piece

Outlaw Star

Pokemon

Rage of Bahamut Genesis

Rurouni Kenshin

Shigatsu wa kimi no uso

Sora No Otoshimono Forte

Trigun

Trinity Blood

Wolfs Rain

Your Lie in April (Shigatsu Wa Kimi no Uso)

Yu Yu Hakusho

Yu-Gi-Oh!

One Punch Man has been on my list for a while, need to watch it.

Dude, Legend of Galactic Heroes sounds sweet haha

It's very good but may take a few episodes to get into as there is a ton of characters to learn about in the beginning as it sets up the state of the galaxy, important characters, and background information

Santaclawz likes this

***points to signature and avatar****

Yup, im an avid watcher...here is a list of some i seen and watching still.

Attack on Titan

Bakemonogatari

Blade of the Immortal

Bleach

Blue Gender (enjoy gore? watch this one)

Cowboy Bebop

Dance In The Vampire Bund

Deadman Wonderland

Dragonball Series

Fairy Tail

Fullmetal Alchemist

Ghost in the Shell

Gundam

Highschool DxD

Jitsu wa Watashi wa

Love Lab

Naruto Series

One Piece

Outlaw Star

Pokemon

Rage of Bahamut Genesis

Shigatsu wa kimi no uso

Sora No Otoshimono Forte

Trigun

Trinity Blood

Wolfs Rain

Your Lie in April (Shigatsu Wa Kimi no Uso)

Yu Yu Hakusho

Yu-Gi-Oh!

(One Punch Man has been on my list for a while, need to watch it)

Dude you need to add Hunter x Hunter 2011 to your list aha

I watch occasionally. I've watched Tokyo Ghoul(shitty anime, but I absolutely love the manga), Psycho Pass, Death Note, Bleach(for a while), FMA(both brotherhood and the old one), One Punch Man, Attack on Titan and more but I can't recall.

At the moment I'm trying to power myself through Fate/Zero. The story is kinda meh but the fights are awesome.

Santaclawz likes this

I watch occasionally. I've watched Tokyo Ghoul(shitty anime, but I absolutely love the manga), Psycho Pass, Death Note, Bleach(for a while), FMA(both brotherhood and the old one), One Punch Man, Attack on Titan and more but I can't recall.

At the moment I'm trying to power myself through Fate/Zero. The story is kinda meh but the fights are awesome.

I really liked fate/zero, animation was amazing. I need to re-watch it at some point.

Maybe you shouldn't have watched a prequel before the original...

Maybe you shouldn't have watched a prequel before the original...

Probably. Although I like to have a chronological insight of the story.

*raises hand*

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Total Eclipse, Blassreiter, Demonbane, Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?, and most recently, Sword Art Online. Currently going on its second season.

Santaclawz likes this

I don't watch regularly but I have many favs that I have seen. At the tippy top of the list is Cowboy Bebop, which I have watched many times and always makes me tear up at the end (bang). I love giant mecha shows, but have strangely never gotten into any of the Gundam series, sticking more with the quirky series' like Patlabor: The Mobile Police or Gurren Lagann. I got started at an early age with Speed Racer and have loved Japanese animation ever since.

In no particular order:

Cowboy Bebop

Record of Lodoss War

Heroic Legend of Arislan

Vampire Hunter D / Bloodlust

Armitage III

Iria: Zeiram the Animation

Patlabor: The Mobile Police

Kenshin

Burn Up Excess

Queen's Blade

Vexille

Appleseed

Knight Hunters

Santaclawz likes this

I don't find the time to watch regularly anymore either. Non-Ero Series I finished watching or enjoyed in the past are:

Ranma 1/2 including all OVA's and Movies

El Hazaard (all different series and OVA)

Escaflowne series and Movie

Boys Be (love the music in this)

Bakuretsu Hunter

Shadow Skill including the OVA

Cowboy Beebop including the Movie

Martian Hunter Nadesico

Burn Up W, Excess (haven't seen the original)

Excel Saga

S-Cry-Ed

Hellsing (Original Series, haven't finished watching Ultimate)

Elfen Lied

Onegai Teacher

Onegai Twins

Ruruoni Kenshin

Vampire Hunter D

Tenchi Muyo Movies 1 and 2 (haven't finished seeing any series of these)

Steam Detective

Green Green (WIsh this were an Ero-Anime instead of a regular series)

Shinkon Gattai Godannar!!

Project Zeorymer

Shinseki Evangelion including Shinseiki Evangelion Gekijouban: The End of Evangelion (haven't seen any of the 1.11, 2.22 or 3.33)

Sailor Moon Crystal

Azumanga Daioh

Idolm@ster Puchimas (the First Season, haven't finished the second)

and a few that I believe I've forgotten.

*raises hand*

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Total Eclipse, Blassreiter, Demonbane, Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?, and most recently, Sword Art Online. Currently going on its second season.

IMO the second season of sao and second half to the middle of the first season kinda suck

omg, something just happened that's super common but drives me nuts every time, and this is the most appropriate place to bish about it.

So in another forum regarding a certain game with anime-style art, someone made a topic about something I see 50 bajillion times for every damn anime-art style game (and I'm sure it's done for all the anime and manga as well).

OMG who is more powerful? What is the power tier?! XXX character can kick YYY Character's ass!!!

Jesus @%#@%#. Did these people not grow past the age of 5?! IT's like when there were kids in kindergarten who seemed to brag 'my daddy can beat up your daddy'.. only now they're like 'this fictional character can beat up that fictional character'. *facedesk*.

IMO the second season of sao and second half to the middle of the first season kinda suck

Yeah, I haven't found the second season quite as good as the first one so far myself either.