• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fridgeracer

MGS5 or witcher 3?

14 posts in this topic

Hello all.

Any chance someone could help me decide which of these 2 games I should buy?

Personally I am more bored than interested in oldy worldy storylines and witcher 3 is exactly that however so many people say it's pretty much game of year 2015.

MGS5 on the other hand seems more like me... just modern stuff like guns and grenades and so on but the mothership thing with microtransactions is putting me off.

I wouldn't want to ignore witcher 3 if it's that good but I am just so fed up of cliché open world adventure games set in the dark ages with wizards and magic and sorcery of bla Di bla bla habla da bla...

Witcher 3. I would have justified the MGS purchase before by saying part of it is still going to Kojima but now that it isn't #fuckonami.

Reading different articles about The Witcher 3 or reasons for it being someone's GOTY would give a lot of reasons for trying it due to the way it handles characters and world and quest design. It's not like playing another Bethesda style game. GreenManGaming is also selling The Witcher 3 for $24.99, so if it was the PC version you would buy it is currently cheaper than Metal Gear.

Try out the witcher 3 before Raspharus reads this thread and makes an essay about why you should try the witcher 3. It won't get very boring believe me, once u start getting the hang of it the game throws alot of content and story. I heard MGS5 is quite boring actually haha

Try out the witcher 3 before Raspharus reads this thread and makes an essay about why you should try the witcher 3. It won't get very boring believe me, once u start getting the hang of it the game throws alot of content and story. I heard MGS5 is quite boring actually haha

image.png?w=502&c=1

MGS V is unfinished. An entire chapter is missing, and chapter 2 consists of all chapter 1 missions being repetead(yes you have to play every mission) at a higher difficulty. Big Boss barely talks and cutscenes are not that many. Even less cutscenes in chapter 2. The game is open world but that open world is pretty barren. The stealth system is the best one that you will ever find. And the game runs perfectly and looks really good.

On the other hand the witcher has an interactive breathing world, a good story, good balance between cutscenes, dialogue and combat, every side quest and contract has it's story, a very very good expansion, treasure hunting, romance, aaaaaand it costs less.

Oh and it doesn't have microtransactions. And free DLC. And let's not forget Gwent. Did I tell you how it's an awesome RPG? Did I tell you how Ciri is and awesome character?  

And now it's time for witcher 3 memes

ldplk.jpgaWWz9e2_700b.jpg

ap04gqE_700b.jpg

in-witchers-world_c_5817997.jpg

All of this and oh, YOUR FUCKING BEARD GROWS IN REAL TIME!

fridgeracer likes this

What... your beard grows in real time? That's it... witcher 3. That alone is enough reason to play it. I like my beards.

Kinda of bored with fallout 4 and I'm seriously considering delving into witcher

Sounds like you want Witcher 3. The story telling is fantastic without falling into typical fantasy tropes. My only gripe was the combat, because I kept trying to play it like Bloodborne and refused to learn to do it right. I stopped after completing the first "real" (i.e. non-tutorial) area, but I look forward to returning to the game eventually.

I also fully recommend MGS5, but it's a completely different style of game to scratch a different itch. The gameplay is fantastic, but it's not your typical MGS game in terms of story. Don't let the microtransactions bother you, you can ignore them completely and it won't impact your single player game at all.

About that beard, does that make him a honorary Beard Bros.?

About that beard, does that make him a honorary Beard Bros.?

The president actually.

If you're not a huge fan of the mgs franchise, go for witcher 3.

If you are a huge fan of the mgs franchise, go for witcher 3.

Raspharus likes this

I vote Witcher 3. Through truthfully ti makes me want to get Witcher 3 because of all the good things people are saying it. Hell, Joe made it the Best Game of 2015. No surprise and the fact that we're getting another expansion soon makes it all the more satisfying.