• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

EmmaFett1030417

Can anyone recommend a good headset

28 posts in this topic

Looking for something under 150 but not sure what to get

I used to use a Logitech G930, but now I have Corsair 2100. Both are really good all-round gaming headsets. Imo, the 2100 is much better, but it's also more expensive.

I used to use a Logitech G930, but now I have Corsair 2100. Both are really good all-round gaming headsets. Imo, the 2100 is much better, but it's also more expensive.[/quote

Thanks for the info! Researching them now

Also take into consideration the hyperx cloud and sennheiser.

Also take into consideration the hyperx cloud and sennheiser.

Thanks! The hyper x is quite reasonable price wise and has wicked good reviews

Is this for PC, consoles or both?

Is this for PC, consoles or both?[/quotes

Sorry should have specified! I'm on ps4 but was considering a normal pair for music and gaming. I don't necessarily need a pair with a microphone just a good pair that would be compatible with an iPod and ps4

Sorry should have specified! I'm on ps4 but was considering a normal pair for music and gaming. I don't necessarily need a pair with a microphone just a good pair that would be compatible with an iPod and ps4

In that case I would get the PlayStation Gold.  (Yeah I don't know why they called it gold either..... it's so obviously blue :lol: )

ps4headset-650x352.png?format=1500w

It's designed for PS4 and is compatible (including the mic) with other devices like IPhone via the supplied audio cable.  You can get fully wired sets which cost less and may even have better sound quality but DONT!  In my experience wireless/detachable wired sets are infinity more reliable especially on mobile since the wired connection will bend and eventually break while your moving around using your phone.

In that case I would get the PlayStation Gold.

ps4headset-650x352.png?format=1500w

It's designed for PS4 and is compatible (including the mic) with other devices like IPhone via the supplied audio cable. You can get fully wired sets which cost less and may even have better sound quality but DONT! In my experience wireless/detachable wired sets are infinity more reliable especially on mobile since he wired connection will bend and eventually break while your moving around using your phone.[/quote

Great info. I probably would have got the wired like a dumbass! The ps4 brand are pretty cheap as well. Might have found a winner.

Great info. I probably would have got the wired like a dumbass! The ps4 brand are pretty cheap as well. Might have found a winner.

Yep, pretty happy with that thing. It's also what I'm currently using for commentary on my Let's Play (until I save up for something better for recording) of Gravity Rush Remastered since it also works on PC with no extra drivers needed.

Yep, pretty happy with that thing. It's also what I'm currently using for commentary on my Let's Play (until I save up for something better for recording) of Gravity Rush Remastered since it also works on PC with no extra drivers needed.

Is the music quality on a phone or iPod up to par in you're opinion?

Is the music quality on a phone or iPod up to par in you're opinion?

I've never used it for that, sorry.

do you want to feel bass? if that's the case ignore everyone here and buy a pair of Skullcandy Crushers and trust me, if you like bass, you will thank me. They work fine as a PC and PS4 / xbox one headset too, have a microphone built into the cable. trust me, bass? = skullcandy crushers

Raspharus and Crazycrab like this

Bought the hyperx cloud 2 on black Friday. Been loving them since.

Bought the hyperx cloud 2 on black Friday. Been loving them since.

Had a few recommendations for this style. How do they sound with music?

do you want to feel bass? if that's the case ignore everyone here and buy a pair of Skullcandy Crushers and trust me, if you like bass, you will thank me. They work fine as a PC and PS4 / xbox one headset too, have a microphone built into the cable. trust me, bass? = skullcandy crushers

Forgot about skullcandy. I like the price for sure and having a built in mic is nice

Afaik the hyperx cloud is one of the best(if not the best) headsets on the market. And it does work with the ps4. Search for some reviews on what we suggested and see for yourself.

Afaik the hyperx cloud is one of the best(if not the best) headsets on the market. And it does work with the ps4. Search for some reviews on what we suggested and see for yourself.

One issue though is while it is compatible with ps4 it is only sterio and not surround from what I read

Razer Kraken. 'Nuff said.

Do the krakens offer surround?

Do the krakens offer surround?

They do on PC. Think the Gold is the simplest solution for what you want.

Crazycrab likes this

They do on PC. Think the Gold is the simplest solution for what you want.

Like I said before you can't really use a permanently wired headset on a mobile if you want it to last.  It's not a matter of if the connection will break it's merely a matter of time.  The PS Gold or the Skullcandy Crushers with the removable mic cable that Fridgeracer suggested are the best compromises in my opinion.

Like I said before you can't really use a permanently wired headset on a mobile if you want it to last. It's not a matter of if the connection will break it's merely a matter of time. The PS Gold or the Skullcandy Crushers with the removable mic cable that Fridgeracer suggested are the best compromises in my opinion.[/quote

Thanks crazycrab! Might go with skullcandy as I will use the headset at home for music as much as I will for gaming. Seems like the skullcandy has better overall audio. Definitely looking for a set that will put out surround while playing ps4

Skullcandy may be a viable option, but maybe not the Crusher specifically: