• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Mr. Molotov

Borderlands 3 Ideas

6 posts in this topic

Hey everybody, I thought I'd post some of my ideas on what Borderlands 3 should be like. Contains ideas on plot, soundtrack, DLC and more. Keep in mind I have yet to finish Tales From The Borderlands, so if there's any continuity errors that's why. Feel free to post your own ideas for Borderlands 3, too. Comments and constructive criticism are welcomed, so without further ado:

It starts with with a story by Marcus:

"So you want to hear a story? Long ago, in a time of war and chaos a group of six to eight heroes would rise to face evils both new and ancient, past and present. From the anarchy that had risen from the ashes of Hyperion's demise, these heroes would fight to save the universe- and amass a collection of kick-ass loot along the way. This is a tale of those revolutionary heroes. This is... Borderlands 3."

Followed by Tiny Tina screaming "Why did you have to ruin it with that corny line Uncle Marcus GOD YOUR WORSE THAN THE CLAPTRAPS!!!" Then Pickle chimes in: " 'Fraid she's right, dear uncle. Ohhh! Why don'tcha tell us of the time the Vault Hunters defeated Immortal Jack, bandit leader of the Hyperion Warsunz instead?"

Marcus than says, "Alright, you little bastards. I'll tell you that story, but I'm still telling you about Borderlands 3 afterwards."

Cue Tiny Tina and Pickle's cheers, and an explosive intro cutscene set to the tune of Jesus Built My Hotrod by Ministry. As the industrial drums of Ministry pound, we see a bandit war party speeding across the Pandoran desert led by a character who looks like a mix of Handsome Jack and Immortan Joe of Mad Max fame. Immortal Jack then screams out: "Remember, friends: no one with a good car needs to be justified!" and the speed guitar riffs kick in. Soon, it pans away to reveal our heroes speeding towards the war party on Pandorized stingrays. They are:

B100DN-GUTZ as a War Machine (A tankbot created by Dahl, and imprinted with the personality of General Patton. He plays like a mix of Claptrap, Wilhelm and Brick, has a special character backstory mission called "Mr. 'Splosion Man", and two legendary voice customizations called "3RW1N-ROML" and "vaulthunter.exe", which change his personality/voice to those of either Erwin Rommel or Claptrap)

Katyusha as a Witch (A siren artificially created by Vladof and currently trying to kick a heroin addiction. She plays like a mix of Lilith, Athena and Maya, her backstory mission is called "Kicking the Habit", and has two legendary voice alterations called "Angel's Spit" and "Wicked", which change her personality/voice to those of either Amelia Tan of industrial band Angelspit or the Wicked Witch of the West)

Sharna as a Speedzerker (An Elpisian addicted to ultraviolence and speed and not all concerned about it. She plays like a mix of Salvador and Krieg, her backstory mission is called "Just One Fix", has the legendary voice customizations of "Toxic Girl" and "Boganella's Revenge" which change her personality/voice into that of Amelia Arsenic, Amelia Tan's alter ego or The Pre-Sequel's Boganella shotgun)

Helmutt as a War Pup (An uplifted German Shepard puppy, who sounds like Germanized War Boy from Mad Max. Playstyle is a mix of Roland, Gaige and the Sheriff of Lynchwood, has a backstory mission called "Son of a Gun", and legendary voices "The Determinator" and "Who let the dogs out?" which make him sound like Determinator Meatwad from Aqua Teen Hunger Force or TK Baha)

Deckard as Judge, Jury and Executioner (A hard-bitten cop from the mean streets of Promethea, on the run from his former allies and various revenge-seeking criminals. Backstory mission is "Respect My Authority", special voices are "I AM THE LAW" and "A La Authoritah" which turn his voice into those of either Judge Dredd or Eric Cartman)

After they wreck the war party, the Vaulters are treated to the sight of Helios Station shooting out thousands of combat loaders courtesy of KR0N-05, an experimental AI that has seized control over Hyperion's assets after Jack's apparent demise. The Vault Hunters prepare for war...

I'll post more later, I'm tired.

- more loot: Only Weapons, Shields, Granade Mods and Reliqs are not enough. I want looting chest, shoulder, leg and foot armour. Belts, Gloves and Helmets. Rings, Runes and Necklaces and different Types of Melee Weapons.

- more Weapon variation: Technically there aren't gazillions of weapons, just 9 Weapontypes with gazillions of different stats and look. What do we have? Pistols, Shotguns, Sub-Machineguns, Machineguns, Laser guns, Rocketlaunchers, Alien weapons, Sniperrifles and Grenades. I want plasma Rifles (Turok), Flak Cannons (UT), Rail guns (Quake 3), Gravity Guns (Half- Life 2), Flamethrowers (Far Cry 2), Nuke Cannons (Turok), Quad barrel Shotguns (Bulletstorm) Particle Accelerators (Turok) and Techbows (Turok).

- more Weapon Customization: every Weapon can be crafted and customized with various Weapon Mods (Silencer, Scopes, bigger ammo clip, laser sight, etc...) and the Mods themself can be crafted and customized and have their own rarity level (standard, enhanced, rare, epic, legendary...)

- different types of ammunition for each weapon: craftable and modable ammunition types (standard, armor piercing, explosive, shredder, high caliber, uranium, hollow point bullets, etc...)

- Graphically it can stay in it's comic look as always. Makes it timeless. It could be improved with higher resolution Textures, global illumination, more details, a more living world and more and different types of Enemies that should not look like clones.

- Co-OP and LAN Mode til 8 Players

- The size of the World as big as Xenoblade Chronicles X

- Full mod Support for higher replayability due to total conversions, Overhauls, new classes, new Weapons, quests, Areas, etc...

- full destructive environment (like Bad Company 2 or RedFaction). Enemy on the top of a Tower? Blow up the ground pillars. Enemy hiding behind a wooden Wall? With a high caliber Weapon, just shoot through it. Of Course the Enemy A.I. should be improved that it can use the altered Terrain for it's own advantage and gives the player a good challenge by having some sort of teamwork with other A.I. Enemies (flanking the player, forcing to get out of his cover by throwing grenades, cover fire, call for reinforcements, etc...)

- Death Animations, Blood and Gore from Boderlands 1, where enemies melted, their eyes popped out and could be dismembered.

I already wrote in the official Borderlands feedback site back then, before Borderlands 2 came out, when 2K/Gearbox wanted to know what the players want to have in Borderlands 2. I posted more or less same as here and guess how many points they implemented? NOTHING.

Mr. Molotov and 2and900 like this

Borderlands 3 DLC:

Athena's Assault On Promethea Prime

On the gangsta infested world of Promethea Prime, sinkholes have opened up all over the planet's surface leading to the Vaults below. Of course the Vault Hunters are interested. Accompany Athena to the near-lawless world, and help Tiny Tina raise a band of local Badasses to fight crime and oatmeal ("OATMEAL IS VILE AND EVIL!!! Veggies are cool, though." -Tiny Tina), help a gang of Claptraps fight a bloody (oily?) turf war, buy S&S Munition's at the returning vendor, and engage in an ultraviolent gameshow called The Running Riot and more. Trailer theme song is Gutterpunk by Noisia.

Tiny Tina's Journey To Wizard's Manse

Tiny Tina hosts another Bunkers & Badasses game, only this time the game is real. Join the Vault Hunters in a journey across Omega-Earth to reach the legendary Space Wizard Dreadicious manse and learn the secrets of the universe- but all is not as it seems, as the events of the game begin to bleed over into reality. Fight space wizards in the Mage's Arena, go on a White Crusade for the emperor, make life-death decisions as an executioner at Megazkaban Prison, witness the return of Butt-Stallion in all her shiny glory and more. Trailer theme is Defibrillator by Angelspit.

Claptrap's Space-Ninjas of Hubris Station

Uh oh, it seems the Claptraps started city state theocracy in a black hole and declared Holy War on the rest of the universe. Join CL4P-TP, Interplanetary Ninja Assassin on a mission to infiltrate Hubris Station, city on the edge of blackness and remember that nothing started by Claptraps can end well. Help Lady Aurelia exploit the Many-Worlds Theory for fun and profit, rescue the Guardians of the Six from the clutches of Claptraps, spot the rare and beautiful clappy bird and more. Trailer theme is Excision and Downlink's Existence-VIP, with an alternate opening by Claptrap voice actor David Eddings.

- more loot: Only Weapons, Shields, Granade Mods and Reliqs are not enough. I want looting chest, shoulder, leg and foot armour. Belts, Gloves and Helmets. Rings, Runes and Necklaces and different Types of Melee Weapons.

- more Weapon variation: Technically there aren't gazillions of weapons, just 9 Weapontypes with gazillions of different stats and look. What do we have? Pistols, Shotguns, Sub-Machineguns, Machineguns, Laser guns, Rocketlaunchers, Alien weapons, Sniperrifles and Grenades. I want plasma Rifles (Turok), Flak Cannons (UT), Rail guns (Quake 3), Gravity Guns (Half- Life 2), Flamethrowers (Far Cry 2), Nuke Cannons (Turok), Quad barrel Shotguns (Bulletstorm) Particle Accelerators (Turok) and Techbows (Turok).

- more Weapon Customization: every Weapon can be crafted and customized with various Weapon Mods (Silencer, Scopes, bigger ammo clip, laser sight, etc...) and the Mods themself can be crafted and customized and have their own rarity level (standard, enhanced, rare, epic, legendary...)

- different types of ammunition for each weapon: craftable and modable ammunition types (standard, armor piercing, explosive, shredder, high caliber, uranium, hollow point bullets, etc...)

- Graphically it can stay in it's comic look as always. Makes it timeless. It could be improved with higher resolution Textures, global illumination, more details, a more living world and more and different types of Enemies that should not look like clones.

- Co-OP and LAN Mode til 8 Players

- The size of the World as big as Xenoblade Chronicles X

- Full mod Support for higher replayability due to total conversions, Overhauls, new classes, new Weapons, quests, Areas, etc...

- full destructive environment (like Bad Company 2 or RedFaction). Enemy on the top of a Tower? Blow up the ground pillars. Enemy hiding behind a wooden Wall? With a high caliber Weapon, just shoot through it. Of Course the Enemy A.I. should be improved that it can use the altered Terrain for it's own advantage and gives the player a good challenge by having some sort of teamwork with other A.I. Enemies (flanking the player, forcing to get out of his cover by throwing grenades, cover fire, call for reinforcements, etc...)

- Death Animations, Blood and Gore from Boderlands 1, where enemies melted, their eyes popped out and could be dismembered.

It's like you read my mind. Holy shit, your amazing.

About the only thing I'd do different is instead of custom ammo types, I'd do customizable vehicle types a la the recent Mad Max game. And if the upcoming Crackdown 3 is possible, than every thing you listed is as well. Shame Gearbox wasn't listening.

Beatmaster A.C. likes this

More polygons! Moxxi doesn't have enough already ;)

Franky I like the four heroes bit. Yes, having more characters to choose from is nice, but the story fits well well you focus on just four chore characters.

Regardless I think whatever they do will be awesome. Borderland 1 was a great game and 2 just made everything better. There is really no reason to think 3 won't up the ante even further.

less bullet spongy enemies and character creator (its not like the character have any personality, let me make them look the way I want)

also all the stuff beastmaster said