• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raizurhk

Other Joe do some reviews?

18 posts in this topic

Ok this isnt for complaining about lack of reviews etc.

But if Joe is really busy (as mentioned in his angry joe plays vid)  why not let other joe do some on his own?  I'd personally like to see him do a few reviews on his tod and on the plus side it would allow Angry joe abit more time for other stuff etc.

Thoughts?

Warchief52 likes this

Most surely people wouldn't like the idea. Fans, maybe, but the majority that watches AJ wouldn't.

That's a pretty good idea, even if it's a simple voice-over style like Mike Matei does on Cinemassacre.  It would help cover some of the games that Angry Joe can't.

To me this is a great idea and i would love it but i think not everybody would agree with OJ doing this

The tough part for that is, we never saw angry OJ...i mean reviews on AJS channel should be filled with angry rants when needed. On the other hand though, i would like to see OJ angry rants too. The usually calm OJ put on angry mode...i wonder how it would look like :P

They would have to find a format that works for him, likely less critical and more humor focused. Angry may not be a format that OJ can do well and he may work better playing off Joe or doing a completely different thing or style of review.

Atrias Naradan likes this

Well Joe also probably does most of the writing for his reviews, and plays the games extensively so he can break them down on a critical level and show parts that deserve attention either for praising or calling out flaws.

I think the first problem comes from who will write for Other Joe. Writing for yourself is easy in the sense that you know how you would say things, and you can work around what comes naturally to you, but writing for someone else has to keep their style of performance and manner of speaking in mind. You wanna have it so it's fairly organic, like it's actually OJ saying what's on his mind and not just being fed lines from AJ.

I'm sure OJ could write for himself, but I don't think he's used to the type of production that AJ goes through in making his reviews. He mostly just shows up for a joke or sits in on streams and chats with the AJSA or takes a turn playing a game. He's a colorful commentator, but I dunno how he'd do as the main focus.

Nothing against Other Joe of course, he's a really cool guy and I think he should be getting his share of facetime with Joe. But getting him his own show seems like more work instead of less work on Joe. But that's just my opinion anyway.

AJ mentioned in "The Witness" Let's Play video that OJ is the one who did the editing for it. I believe that as far as the show goes, this will be Other Joe's role in terms of production. It frees up Joe to play more games for reviews and write stuff.

I kinda wanna see more content from OJ though. I thought I would after joes video where he was saying the channel was moving forward and was gonna grab you by the balls and how other joe and not joe were gonna do more stuff.

Oh well. Im sure there are reasons.

I kinda wanna see more content from OJ though. I thought I would after joes video where he was saying the channel was moving forward and was gonna grab you by the balls and how other joe and not joe were gonna do more stuff.

Oh well. Im sure there are reasons.

Thats my point AJ added OJ and Del as regulars to the vids the show creates.  OJ helps out on many review vids etc and del just simply seems to be there on the film review vids and nothing else.

My point was is there are many games that come out that people would love a review of but being as busy as he is AJ just doesnt have to time to review them all.

Hell thy could call it a pump up OJ review!  Stuff nearly writes itself.

It's quite possible Other Joe could have his own cult following with his own channel and not simply get fame by riding Angry Joe's coattails. Even if it's 50k-200k, that's still sizable enough to make some side income on top of his normal job. He looks like the type of person who would respond more to comments as well.

I may be mistaken, but it looks like OJ isn't even a gamer. He just tags along with what Joe does and I'm willing to bet he doesn't even play games on his own time all that much. I don't see OJ having the heart to do his own show.

I seem to recall AJ saying OJ was hooked on bloodborne and nearly finished it at one point. I personally think people greatly overstate how difficult the souls games are, but I do think it would be highly unusual for someone "who isn't actually a gamer" to play such a game that much.

I may be mistaken, but it looks like OJ isn't even a gamer. He just tags along with what Joe does and I'm willing to bet he doesn't even play games on his own time all that much. I don't see OJ having the heart to do his own show.

That's incredibly heartbreaking to hear if true. Doesn't Other Joe even have an account here to tell us this himself?

Not to mention ive seen episodes where OJ prefers a gamepad. I dont see how a non gamer would prefer it.

Not to mention ive seen episodes where OJ prefers a gamepad. I dont see how a non gamer would prefer it.

That's all speculation, gamers aren't defined...as Major Nelson put it, "what does a gamer look like Joe?" I used to have awkward preferences and I'm a gamer.

So who knows he may just be. But as far as I know Joe has bought OJ everything he has gaming related and doesn't sound like a gamer.

I'm not saying using a controller over a keyboard makes you more or less of a gamer... but gamepads are typically not used at all by people who aren't gamers, so it would be odd for someone to prefer them over a keyboard which everyone is familiar with gamer or not.

I think they make an awesome team and really balance each other out. But with that said I'd love to see some (other) Joe stuff. As for not being a gamer.. I dunno, I've never met either of them or spoken with them. I imagine he probably is a gamer, I'd be surprised if he wasn't. It might just be that he doesn't consider himself within the subculture of, "gamer" but rather as just a dude who plays games a lot.. that's pure speculation on my part based on no facts or evidence though. Either way, they both rock in my book.

Rain likes this