• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

Newest DOOM will have around 13 hours in the campaign. Like Wolfenstein New Order. YES!!

30 posts in this topic

http://ap.ign.com/doom/96343/news/doom-developers-estimate-campaign-should-last-13-h

Fucking perfect! Just like Wolfenstein before, DOOM will have a lengthy campaign. I am expecting brutal and hardcore old school FPS action with a trusty BFG to kill everything. 

Oh, look at that carnage. It's beautiful. Reallyreallyreallyreallyreally can't wait to play it. Even though the size of the game will be 50GB like New Order. Urgh, hate that shit. 

Wait...... Did he just say “folks playing at the office average 13+ hours in the campaign.” The game is finished?? Well most likely it's a rough version but THEY PLAYED THE GAME TILL THE END?? But we have to wait till May 13th?? I can't wait that long!! GIVE ME THE GAME RIGHT NOW GODDAMN IT!!!!

But I wanted more that 13 hours. MOOOOOOOOREEEEE.

Hopefully it has LAN.

Mr. Molotov likes this

i can imagine Joe at the Review

"FFFFOOOOURRR..." erm "THIIIIIIRRRRRTEEEEEN HOOOOOURRRSSSS"  :D  :D :D  :D  

for a FPS, 13 hours is pretty good. Most campaigns I've played are about 8 hours, including Rise of the Tomb Raider.

for a FPS, 13 hours is pretty good. Most campaigns I've played are about 8 hours, including Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Even more so for something that's as linear as Doom.

PLEASEFORTHELOVEOFGODDON'TBEABUNCHOFFILLERWITHALLTHEMEATOFTHEGAMEPACKAGEDINTOONDISKDLC

PLEASEIDI'MTRUSTINGYOUNOTTOFUCKTHISUP

IFYOUFUCKTHISUPI'LLNEVERFUCKINGFORGIVEYOU

I really don't understand why anyone is excited for this game. They already tried to reboot this series and it was lackluster. Saying it has a campaign like Wolfenstein's without sharing the same developer is as pointless as saying you can use a controller just like in Super Smash Bros. There's no comparison to be made there, they're just unrelated facts.

What happened to all the people from a year ago saying "Don't hype up games, wait to see how they're received or you'll just end up being disappointed."

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

You huys ever play the campaign for unreal 1? That gMe has no end I think =p

I can't remember if I ever finished it. It was so looooong!

That sounds good to me. I liked Wlfenstein: New Order.

Still wish we would see something along the lines of Half Life 2. On average I think it takes me closer to 18-20 hours to get through it, but I never really timed myself. That's not including the Episodes.

I really don't understand why anyone is excited for this game. They already tried to reboot this series and it was lackluster. Saying it has a campaign like Wolfenstein's without sharing the same developer is as pointless as saying you can use a controller just like in Super Smash Bros. There's no comparison to be made there, they're just unrelated facts.

What happened to all the people from a year ago saying "Don't hype up games, wait to see how they're received or you'll just end up being disappointed."

I think people are just thinking it a good sign that the devs intend to take pride in their single player campaign rather than being another multi-player oriented FPS game with some campaign tacked on.

I personally thought doom 3 had a longer single player campaign but I might recall incorrectly

Even so, many people are gonna wait for a sale and are gonna buy the game at like 5 dollars. So no money loss there.

Well, the dev doesnt really say much with that statement, only mentions difficulty. But, im glad the hear the game is aiming to provide a lengthy experience. I am super exited for this, I just cant help it, love Doom. Just, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good.....

I'm really looking foreword to playing this ;)

I'm hesitant personally. Thing is I enjoyed doom and doom2 sure, but I wasn't super addicted to them. Mind you when I played it was with a keyboard exclusively and not the mouse combo that makes FPS games so much better.

When doom 3 came out, some people didn't like how it went from an action game into some kinda thriller type thing, but Ia ctually liked it like that as well, and wouldn't mind more of it. I really liked the storytelling even though the story was pretty plain. Finding them voiced datapads and what the workers were doing and what was happening over time was really fascinating to me... But ressurection of evil was really boring to me. It got rid of 90% of that storytelling mechanic, if not more, and even the level design just interested me less, not sure why, it just did.

So I really have no clue how I think of doom4 because I know it's going back to pure action which isn't bad, but I'm not sure it's what I personally want. I don't blame the devs or the fans or anything though, I think it's just as good a move as any.

Luv me mah DooM!

I'm hesitant personally. Thing is I enjoyed doom and doom2 sure, but I wasn't super addicted to them. Mind you when I played it was with a keyboard exclusively and not the mouse combo that makes FPS games so much better.

When doom 3 came out, some people didn't like how it went from an action game into some kinda thriller type thing, but Ia ctually liked it like that as well, and wouldn't mind more of it. I really liked the storytelling even though the story was pretty plain. Finding them voiced datapads and what the workers were doing and what was happening over time was really fascinating to me... But ressurection of evil was really boring to me. It got rid of 90% of that storytelling mechanic, if not more, and even the level design just interested me less, not sure why, it just did.

So I really have no clue how I think of doom4 because I know it's going back to pure action which isn't bad, but I'm not sure it's what I personally want. I don't blame the devs or the fans or anything though, I think it's just as good a move as any.

That's what people thought of Wolfenstein too and the story in that was pretty legit, you might be surprised. Or you might not, who knows.

I also actually enjoyed Doom 3's bold change from action to action-thriller. I kind of hope they add at least a little immersion like that game tried with some slower paced moments here and there for the sake of the theme, maybe let it sink in that you really are literally being stalked by the devil. As for the 13 hour campaign, I've learned not to take really any claims by devs with too much merrit until we see the final product. After all we know how many people tried to defend "games" like MGS - GZ with claims like "durrrrrrrr it can entertain you for yeeeaaaaarrrz if you only let it do so philosophy philosophy I'm defending my purchase because my soul is dying inside". I'm looking forward to this game of course, I just hope they're not exaggerating with those figures.

If the story really is 13 hours to the average player, I wonder what it'll actually consist of... Initially when I think of Doom I don't think of a really engaging or in-depth story arch, the hardest they ever tried was Doom 3. If it's not just corridor after corridors of endless enemies then I'm curious as to what exactly they could be cooking for us..

...in hell. 

and one year later or so: Doom (2016) + Brutal Doom Mod + Trailblazer + Guncaster + Russian Overkill = Mind blown XD