• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lhouraii

How many girls are on AJSA?

Let's count!   32 members have voted

1. 1. How many of us are here?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 posts in this topic

I'm curious after watching AJ's Deadpool discussion and hearing them say "There are only like 7 females on AJSA". Surely not?

I realised that I haven't actually seen any (besides myself). So, if you're female click it in so we can count us! XD

Purely for fun, obviously!

MariaOlivia likes this

There are like 7 girls

"There are only like 7 females on AJSA"

I'm not really sure how he would know that. I believe I know of eight or nine (including you), and there have been more that have moved on over time. I am not involved with really any of our games though (or with the PS4/One community at all) so there is likely more. That seems like an odd thing for him to say because when he refers to the AJSA he is usually talking more about his fans in general and his Twitch community and people who watch him obviously include more women (likely not more than men but certainly more than seven).

For obvious reasons many women avoid gaming communities (only one community I have been in is an exception and it's much different than an average gaming community) or telling people that they are a woman, so we do have significantly more men.

Lhouraii likes this

There's a female officer on the Xbox Side (Psykogrl, the XB1 ESO officer) and there's obviously you, but I don't know for certain of any others. Whether they will it or not, people on forums do gain a certain amount of anonymity, so I suspect there are more I wasn't aware of.

Lhouraii likes this

Not really sure how he would know that but, I believe I know of eight or nine (including you), and there have been more that have moved on over time. I am not involved with really any of our games though (or with the PS4/One community at all) so there is likely more. That seems like an odd thing for him to say though because when he refers to the AJSA he is usually talking more about his fans in general and his Twitch community and people who watch him obviously include more women (likely not more than men but certainly more than seven).

For obvious reasons many women avoid gaming communities (only one community I have been in is an exception and it's much different than an average gaming community) or telling people that they are a woman, so we do have significantly more men.

Yeah, I've heard that female gamers get a lot of abuse. I haven't had any but this is the only forum I'm on and everyone has been really nice and welcoming to me!

You're probably right though, they are probably just staying anon. There's got to be more than 7 though! XD

I have absolutely no idea who the girls are here. I know you are one, Ms Scout and two others that's no longer here, but the rest? It's like a kamikaze chameleon. Nobody has a clear gender. Just when I think I know the gender, the person threw a curveball and make me guess some more.

This is internet, unless you are hosting a party for female gamers only, you should aware that women gaming as hard as men nowadays. In general, I don't see many people goes around the board and saying "Hello, I'm a guy/girl."

Everything is because thought's progress, by default, whenever you a nickname you call it "him".

While I get the curiosity and this being for fun, however unless they want to acknowledge their sex it may be best to not mention someone. 

What is this girl you speak of OP?

Back when the this AJSA website was created there was a thread about this very same topic and the results were the same as this one it seems. The AJSA here is a total sausage fest. Actually, doesnt Joe have access to these kinds of metrics? Im willing to bet the whole of the AJSA is actually made up of lots of lots of mostly men. I've seen other youtubers talk about this and male to female ratios were like in the 80% male-20% female ratios, that lopsided.

what if we are all girls and were pretending to be guys to avoid extra attention we assume we would get?!

I like to pretend that every person I talk to on the internet is female. Well... Either female or cats when their owners are away.

we all know internet is made of cats and dudes.

I'm sure Joe and Co. were just making a harmless joke about how few women there are in the AJSA. I've never seen them do anything that could be considered sexist.

Of course there goes my carefully thought out plan to meet some nice gamer girl and live happily ever after, lol!

I'm sure Joe and Co. were just making a harmless joke about how few women there are in the AJSA. I've never seen them do anything that could be considered sexist.

Of course there goes my carefully thought out plan to meet some nice gamer girl and live happily ever after, lol!

No, I wasn't saying they were sexist (there's nothing sexist about their comment, even if they weren't joking).

I was just curious to see how many of us there were... and I'm the only vote on the 'girl' poll so! XD

I just wish more gamer girls would come on this forum! Honestly, you've all been so welcoming and friendly to me, just like if I were a guy. AJSA is awesome! I've got 0 creepy messages too!

Gender doesn't matter on AJSA, so it seems - I wish more girls would join, just so they can feel at home, like I do!

(Btw, a little drunk right now - but everything I say is true!) <3

what if we are all girls and were pretending to be guys to avoid extra attention we assume we would get?!

if I were a girl I think I would take advantage of that extra attention

if I were a girl I think I would take advantage of that extra attention

thats what you want us to think!

Semi angry rant (tm ) coming-up;  :angry:

I saw this thread a while back, and it took me until now even to open it and read what it was about because i've seen similar threads on other gaming boards and community sites before  thinking it was made with nothing more than pure agitation in mind.

But in this case I was wrong and I wish to apologize to the person who started this thread. And while I still can't understand why make on in the first place I guess it was made to achieve some hidden meaning i've yet to discover.

This is because every time i've read one of these threads i've gotten a feeling like i'm having a noose tied around my neck and it feels like i'm chocking. Some of the replies i've seen [ on other game boards ] have been downright so idiotic they made me sick to my stomach just by reading them.

Sometimes I get a feeling after reading one of those so called " clever " posts is that all I should be doing is to blog about clothes, make-up and fashion trends instead of games or anything remotely related to gaming.

That girls, or women have no right to write anything about these things let alone play a computer game at all.

This kind of behavior coming especially from young adults is horrifying, and borders on misogyny.

And the irony is, afterwards these same people write another post asking for advice about how to get a girlfriend, or how to ask one out.

Gee, first you step on women and then you want one?? 

I've met discrimination and alienation in World of Warcraft. Joined a nice guilt once only to be isolated and bad mouthed on after rejecting the advances of a

guild  master who earlier was the nicest person you've ever known. Before these so called advances began. Not much you can do after that  other than leave the

guild and be alone once again. So yeah, i've met a few of these so called " nice guys " online, but then turned out to be something quite the opposite.

Anyway, lastly i'm going to add a short story I once wrote about a slightly semiliar subject, and share it with you. It's based on a personal

experience.

***********************************************************************************************************

X Darko.

" This happened on a day when the hot sun was basking down brightly from a azure blue sky and there wasn’t a single cloud floating in the horizon.

I arrived in early July, to a small unnamed town which was sweltering from a severe heatwave which had plagued it for weeks now and with no end in sight.

So its citizens were forced to remain either indoors or in shade seeking shelter from the heat with only a brave few challenging the nearly empty streets and parking lots which sat between the tall concrete buildings.

This was a good thing for someone who wished to remain anonymous and to stay hidden from prying eyes.

I was one of those few brave people, and i made my way towards the local game store breathing in the street dust which billowed up from behind the passing vehicles like a miniature dust storms every time a car or a truck rumbled by ,causing my eyes to become itchy.

For i was on a quest. On a much higher calling, and it demanded me to brave the streets and the sun above me like a noble knight in a desert, on a quest to recover the Holy Grail from its fabled resting place.

The first thing i noticed when i entered the small store through the closed front door was the strong smell of sweat which hit me like a breath of hot air, straight across my face like a noxious cloud.  ” The smell of geekdom ”, i though to myself while politely ignoring the painful but obvious scent which nearly had swept me off my feet and forced me to back out to the street as i navigated between the numerous shelves which made the entire front of the store towards the back where the counter was, smiling as i passed by the numerous store denizens lurking like ravens behind and between the shelves.

This was to be expected.

It was then i began to feel the eyes of the these denizens turning towards me from all around. From between the shelves, and from behind the shelves they all slowly turned towards me, only to shun away if i shifted my eyes towards theirs. Ultimately the smell of sweat was easily forgotten as i now began to feel like an alien who was being scrutinized or judged for something i had done. A burning question rose from the depths of my mind.

Did they know? Did the suspect why i was here?

I stopped and then slowly turned around to see if there was a large man sized rabbit following me around like the protagonist in a movie called Donnie Darko, as i felt like i had just entered some strange Darko dimension. But no. This wasn’t the case. This was more the case of X Darko.

It was like i wasn’t supposed to be in the store at all. Like i was from an another planet. And only because i had two bumps on my chest.

I had clearly wandered into the wrong store. They sold games here, like Resident Evil and Call of Duties. And also strange appliances called consoles which you plug into a television and you use a controller to operate.
They didn’t sell any shoes, make-up or hair care products in here! What was i doing in here? And the posters on the walls advertised upcoming game releases and not the personal hygiene product every girl needs when her cycle hits.

” The legend must be true. ”, i though for myself next as i quickly glanced at the clerk and his bushy neck beard thinking that maybe he should trim it a bit before it takes over his otherwise handsome features like a overgrown jungle.

I mean, of course he had to have a neck beard. It comes with the territory doesn’t it? I was in a game store after all.

” One World of Warcraft prepaid card please. ”, i ask the clerk behind the counter who then proceeded by removing a 60-days prepaid game card from under the glass counter he was jealously guarding and then afterwards accepted my money in a sullen silence while managing not to utter a single world from his mouth during the entire time.

Probably thinking i was buying the game card for my boyfriend.

” Sorry partner. This one´s all for me. I so love seducing myself with a session of World of Warcraft. ”, i though as i kept staring at the jungle on his neck in a nearly hypnotic fashion.

I might as well been in the old West with all ´em beardy and unwashed cowboys. Those strong and silent desperado's of the Wild West. All that was missing was a horse and a Saloon.

I thanked the clerk and got a low sound reminiscent of a grunt in return.

” Time to return to my space ship. ”, i though as i made my way back to the door.

My ” visitation ” was over and only moments later on a parking lot, just blocks away from the store i beamed myself up to my ship and

began my flight towards my Homeworld. " 
Legolas_Katarn and Chumbry42 like this

To get rid of the white background just copy text to notepad and than copy it back here.

To get rid of the white background just copy text to notepad and than copy it back here.

Awesome, thank you! 

I shall give it a try right away.  :)

* Hurray! It works!  :D

I'm sorry to hear about your less than pleasant past experiences. I hope you have a much better time in our community :)

MariaOlivia likes this

So yeah, i've met a few of these so called " nice guys " online, but then turned out to be something quite the opposite.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. All the women I know who play games have had similar stories from communities and guilds. Hopefully we will keep those kind of people out of the AJSA.

It should also just work on Firefox if that is an option.

MariaOlivia likes this