• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SnakeWildlife

I wouldnt be surprised to see an AngryJoe Meltdown on SF5's release state.

52 posts in this topic

It aint pretty.

Check out the steam reviews for a vague idea of what to expect but just to put it short...."they dun fucked it up" TM

Community outrage is large with a MAJORITY of the playerbase, are just flat out Unable to play by one or more of the reasons. Capcom does not warn players on the steam store about the condition of the game, nor does it label the game 'Early Access' argueably one or the other should be shown to players before purchase due to the piss poor condition of the game at release for the extremely limited few people who can actually play it right now.

The only way to have known about the alpha/beta level condition this game is in, was through Capcoms forums/website, which boils down to "nobody knew".  You cant hide your shit in Puzzles or on Other Websites, that information needs to be crystal clear across all platforms and sales programs like steam, you cannot just withhold that information when you put it up in store.

"You should have done the research first"  Is NOT a valid arguement here. People expect a completed game especially if it is not flagged as an Early Access title and features no such warnings about its current condition on ANY of its Store Pages across the internet. I wouldnt be surprised if AngryJoe blows up with an Epic Fail video on this one, cos its pretty huge.

This is some really shady, DIRTY behaviour by Capcom, and it's biting them in the ass today, HARD.

What game are we talking about ?

nJNlek2.jpg

What game are we talking about ?

nJNlek2.jpg

Street Fighter V

My opinion, just don't buy it. Play Guilty Gear Xrd, it's a really good 2D fighter that hasn't gotten enough attention on PC.

My opinion, just don't buy it. Play Guilty Gear Xrd, it's a really good 2D fighter that hasn't gotten enough attention on PC.

Or wait for Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator. It'll make its way to PC for sure since the original came out on Steam. The console version releases in June.

I haven't played it myself yet but the general complaints revolve around a lack of content at release, connectivity issues and bugs especially on PC. The PS4 seems to be more stable but has problems connecting online.

What's really shocking to to me is that the so called professionals are clearly aware of all this but are still giving it a free pass!

Quote From LaPS4

"Street Fighter V is ambitious. Capcom expects it to last a whole generation and that's why they bet for new content that will be rolling for the next few years. Its gameplay mechanics are impeccable and the visuals are just stunning, although it lacks some game modes, which together with a small roster and the not-so-good story mode burden the experience a little bit...... "

This guy still gave the game 80/100, LICK MY DICK!

Raspharus likes this

No surprise, IGN, Gamespot and a tonne of Users (in todays world of business, yea, even users accept pay for forced good reviews) you know all those 80+ score reviews are all (usually) bullshit.

I havent paid any attention to a magazine or company rating since 1998, Trusted User Reviews ONLY. That's why Joe's here. And why a lot of us are passionate to fight for good gaming and better business practice, else you end up on the Worst Games list.

Or wait for Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator. It'll make its way to PC for sure since the original came out on Steam. The console version releases in June.

Yeah, but the PC port is probably a long way off, I mean -SIGN- just came out a couple months ago and the console version is already 2 years old.

Hit quote instead of edit. Oops..

Yeah, but the PC port is probably a long way off, I mean -SIGN- just came out a couple months ago and the console version is already 2 years old.

Thought they were just months away from each other. -Sign- came out last year on the PS4 and 3, then on Steam late last year or early this year, I think.

I played SFV just yesterday. Nothing wrong with the performance, it runs smoothly and well for me, 60 fps and it plays like SFIV.

The problem I have with the game is how LAZY it is. Fighting games nowadays went all out on their story mode and content. Mortal Kombat X has a good story mode and a lot of side contents aside the base content, even though the game has bullshit day 1 dlcs and microtransactions. Guilty Gear Xrd has a varied arcade mode which ties into the anime mode and it has a good story. Blazblue, oh man Blazblue, has EVERYTHING. Great story, a lot of Teach me Ms Litchi and the funny as hell gag endings.

Street Fighter 5? Bare minimum story mode that has each characters fighting 2 people that can be completed in 6 minutes, NO arcade mode, only survival mode, bzztfjaktgskdi WHAT? HOW?? How is there no arcade mode, the basic bare minimum in every fighting game in existence????

We waited YEARS for this, and they release the game like this? Urghhhhhhh. Why didn't they just add in adventure mode, or a mode like Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm that's like Asura's Wrath with a bit of gameplay variety? I know CyberConnect isn't the dev of Street Fighter V but come on! Add game modes! Add beat em up game modes or something. Don't be this lazy!

Now on the bright side, there will be free contents and characters, free updates and a more complete story mode will later be released regularly the next few months.

There will be no Super Street Fighter V or Ultra Street Fighter V. Street Fighter V is the only version of the game. Or at least let's hope so.

But if that's the case, why not release the entire game when a lot of the contents are ready instead of now?? Why now?? Because I dunno, lazy and get rich quick scheme. Like Killer Instinct on Xbox One but at least that game has an arcade mode.

My suggestion is wait till the game gets a lot cheaper, when all the contents has been updated and the game has more stuff. Or just buy the next Guilty Gear Xrd to continue where the last one left off.

Meanwhile I will continue to get my ass kicked playing online. And switching games between Rise of the Tomb Raider, Just Cause 3, Xcom 2, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, Dying Light the Following and WWE 2k15. Sooo many gamesssssssss.

I take great concern when they state: "We will be adding story mode as part of our free update this summer"

By labelling story mode as an 'Update' this means the base, Original Street Fighter 5 was destined to have no story mode, intentionally. What does that mean?

My suspicion is, they were going to rip it out and make it Paid DLC, but have been too nervous to carry the action out. Just using the word 'Free' implies there was the idea within Capcom HQ that it could be 'Not Free'. Had they just called it an 'Update' there would be no concern.

I played SFV just yesterday. Nothing wrong with the performance, it runs smoothly and well for me, 60 fps and it plays like SFIV.

The problem I have with the game is how LAZY it is. Fighting games nowadays went all out on their story mode and content. Mortal Kombat X has a good story mode and a lot of side contents aside the base content, even though the game has bullshit day 1 dlcs and microtransactions. Guilty Gear Xrd has a varied arcade mode which ties into the anime mode and it has a good story. Blazblue, oh man Blazblue, has EVERYTHING. Great story, a lot of Teach me Ms Litchi and the funny as hell gag endings.

Street Fighter 5? Bare minimum story mode that has each characters fighting 2 people that can be completed in 6 minutes, NO arcade mode, only survival mode, bzztfjaktgskdi WHAT? HOW?? How is there no arcade mode, the basic bare minimum in every fighting game in existence????

We waited YEARS for this, and they release the game like this? Urghhhhhhh. Why didn't they just add in adventure mode, or a mode like Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm that's like Asura's Wrath with a bit of gameplay variety? I know CyberConnect isn't the dev of Street Fighter V but come on! Add game modes! Add beat em up game modes or something. Don't be this lazy!

Now on the bright side, there will be free contents and characters, free updates and a more complete story mode will later be released regularly the next few months.

There will be no Super Street Fighter V or Ultra Street Fighter V. Street Fighter V is the only version of the game. Or at least let's hope so.

But if that's the case, why not release the entire game when a lot of the contents are ready instead of now?? Why now?? Because I dunno, lazy and get rich quick scheme. Like Killer Instinct on Xbox One but at least that game has an arcade mode.

My suggestion is wait till the game gets a lot cheaper, when all the contents has been updated and the game has more stuff. Or just buy the next Guilty Gear Xrd to continue where the last one left off.

Meanwhile I will continue to get my ass kicked playing online. And switching games between Rise of the Tomb Raider, Just Cause 3, Xcom 2, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, Dying Light the Following and WWE 2k15. Sooo many gamesssssssss.

Good for you, I kept getting disconnected.

Trying to play the story mode, get disconnected, booted to the main menu. Play offline, sure, no in-game currency or experience though. Even on the main screen where it tries to connect to the server when starting the game, it wouldn't even always connect there. I was lenient with these connection issues during the beta because 1, it was still the beta, and thought that they'd fix it for the full release. 2. My internet connection wasn't the best then, but have since changed ISP to one that's much, MUCH faster, and I'm still getting disconnected every five or four minutes.

I'd have footage of this, I have no idea why the Elgato Game Capture software is having a fit when I try to record it. The software (not the game) just freezes, and when I check what footage it gets, it captured some of gameplay, but the footage is all messed up. I even eventually get a message saying that Windows wants to use the basic color scheme, which if I do choose it, the game capture software starts to cooperate, but the footage captured isn't 60FPS, even if the game is. Going to try again later with the same capture software, if it still doesn't work, I'll use OBS.

Also, the trailer where they showed the game modes, made it sound like Challenge Mode was going to be out during release, but nope. Free Update in March. I really don't think they should be given a free pass on this just because they're giving the update for free.

Lastly, the "Story Mode" that is supposed to take the place of the regular Arcade Mode is flippin' laughable. Just a handful of fights per character? REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?! For crying out loud.

I just hope that no other games adopt SF's new art style, looks god awful to me, the characters look like they're made out of plaster or something. How do the fans think about it in general?

I just hope that no other games adopt SF's new art style, looks god awful to me, the characters look like they're made out of plaster or something. How do the fans think about it in general?

I don't really have any complaints in the way the characters look now, except for Ken's redesign. I prefer his original attire.

The network problems seem to have been patched, thankfully.

Also seem to have figured out Elgato Software's issue with the game. I turned off "Enable Desktop Composition", and it's doing ok now. My other issue is with the Elgato Software, so not really game related.

I really do not think it's that bad. The server and stick input issues are easy fixes. Unlike some fraud devs on steam, this "early access" WILL be finished eventually. It's obvious they focused on finishing the core mechanics to rush it out for the tournament season. For casual players, they definitely should wait on it. What if they preordered? Then they are idiots. As a more serious player, I am glad I got my hands on it now rather than only be able to play limited beta for another few months waiting for modes that I won't really spend much time on.

I've cooled down a bit now, after trying to record a rant about it a few times. The server maintenance they had a while ago is done, and they seem to be stable now.

Server's down again, dunno if it's maintenance this time. Something about Error 21009.

---

TB's Port Report on it:

I dont mean the changes between this street fighter and the last. I ean the whole look they had since going 3d

My name isnt Combofiend or Daigo, it's SnakeWildlife and i actually enjoy Story mode, and being able to practice with a cpu controlled opponent to just relax and enjoy the single player modes of every fighting game iv played, all the way from Karate on Atari, to IK+ on Commador Amiga 500+ aaalllll the way through classics like Tekken 3 and Soul Blade.

Im no tournament ultra-pro, i'm a casual player who enjoys story mode and occasionally playing with a friend, but ya know...fuck me right. How could i have been doing it wrong all these 25 years.

Kinda why iv been going back to the 2D games, im having way more fun on SNK VS Capcom 2 on PS2 for shear character choice and freedom of choice for playstyles.

My name isnt Combofiend or Daigo, it's SnakeWildlife and i actually enjoy Story mode, and being able to practice with a cpu controlled opponent to just relax and enjoy the single player modes of every fighting game iv played, all the way from Karate on Atari, to IK+ on Commador Amiga 500+ aaalllll the way through classics like Tekken 3 and Soul Blade.

Im no tournament ultra-pro, i'm a casual player who enjoys story mode and occasionally playing with a friend, but ya know...fuck me right. How could i have been doing it wrong all these 25 years.

Kinda why iv been going back to the 2D games, im having way more fun on SNK VS Capcom 2 on PS2 for shear character choice and freedom of choice for playstyles.

I know what you mean man. The "Character Story" is a joke compared to the Arcade Mode in previous games. Then the announced, Cinematic Story mode that'll be added in as a free update is only going to be an hour or two long.

"Oh, but nobody plays fighting games for the story." Guess that's why Mortal Kombat 9 was praised for its story mode, and that Capcom is giving us that short Cinematic Story.

Man I completely forgot about the prerelease rumor that it would take 2000 online wins to unlock one character. The fact that it's actually true is horseshit. They're screwing up their whole "moba" approach. 

2000 in game matches if you are bottom rank. The higher your rank the more you earn per win. You earn something like 160k just for finishing survival modes and stuff anyway. Again, this is definitely a problematic release which is why you shouldn't preorder and should do research before buying games. KI launch package was $20 for less than half the characters of sfv and pretty much no modes and they get praised for their pricing.

Makes you wanna go back to the p1rate-ing days of the 90's -.- its no longer acceptable and the entire gaming community know it, look at those user scores..yowch. But honestly those low scores are very much deserved.

Capcom needs to be sent a crystal clear message, unlike any crystal clear message they gave us about how fucked the game was before you bought it on any storefront.

I dont mean the changes between this street fighter and the last. I ean the whole look they had since going 3d

I don't really have a problem with the game's 3D models, apart from Ken's face. Compared to Street Fighter 4, I think it's an improvement to be honest. The fight stages look great too, to me at least.

I thought 4 was 3d too

It was, and I didn't really like Chun-Li's look in it, face wise.