• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

lazordlord2

new star wars game released

38 posts in this topic

Disney released the first star wars game since they bought the IP when Lucas Arts closed their doors.

Tiny death star is basically a re-skinned version of tiny tower and you can get it on iOS and Windows 8 devices.

What do you think? are games like this the future of the SW franchise? 

tiny_death_star.jpg?itok=vjwJqTVF

Source: http://www.videogamer.com/iphone/star_wars_tiny_death_star/news/disneys_first_stars_wars_game_is_tiny_tower_but_in_the_death_star.html

please kill me.

where the hell is the force unleashed gone?

the force unleashed part 2 (rushed DLC add-on if you ask me) was so shit i had to lie to people to defend star wars in general

not to mention SW battlefront 3 skipped an entire gen of consoles

also why not continue the republic commando series its wasn't great but it had potential.

now if you will excuse me i am going to go and find someone playing star wars angry birds and spin-kick them into the sun.

Burnout269, Padomay and sphe like this

Not what I would guess in mind of Disney's first Star Wars game. Although when i played tiny tower on my IPod, it was somewhat addicting and fun. With Star Wars it may be a nice icing to the cake. Although I haven't seen any review or game play.  Now I wouldn't think this would be the future, every franchise have their goods and bads. There will be a good game based on the Star Wars world. For me I am really in line for Battlefront 3, perhaps by the makers of Battlefield, and using the Frostbite 3 Engine.

please kill me.

the force unleashed part 2 (rushed DLC add-on if you ask me) was so shit i had to lie to people to defend star wars in general

also why not continue the republic commando series its wasn't great but it had potential.

now if you will excuse me i am going to go and find someone playing star wars angry birds and spin-kick them into the sun.

You realize that was because of LucasArts right? EA has the right to create most of the core Star Wars games from now on, and they have given development rights to DICE, Visceral and BioWare. A game like this one takes less time to create, so they released it already. Did you expect Battlefront to be ready in six months?

What does that mean? DICE is already working on Battlefront, Bioware will create another RPG (Whether it's KOTOR 3 or not), and Visceral will create a new I.P. They don't just need to bring back old series, new core titles need to be introduced in order to make way for next gen ideas.

Grandmthethird and Halavo like this

What a dumb thing to be mad about. Having the knowledge that more Star Wars games are being developed (that look pretty good) then I think we can let this one slide. 

Not to mention, the game is developed by Disney Mobile and Nimble Bit. I don't know how much you know about Nimble Bit but their iOS games are actually pretty solid and charming. Disney Mobile has been around for a while as well and they've been making some pretty decent puzzle games as well. Nothing to write home about, IMO, but nothing to get mad about. Disney isn't pouring all of their time and effort into one game at a time, and the Star Wars franchise is already being monetized heavily in the mobile market and others (Angry Birds Star Wars, anyone?) The fact that this is the first Star Wars game to be published by Disney is such a non-issue. 

IF this is Disney testing the market or creating its funding for the starwars franchise to keep investing in the movies, so be it. As long as everything they release isnt terrible, so what. As long as they dont sideline ibg projects to keep launching small more profitable ones.

Yeah i would hope they'd bring back republic commando i loved that game! (even if it wasn't the best :P ) But with Disney at the helm of the license i think it's going to gear to a younger audience or at least more causal types.. 

Even the Old Republic got his.. Inferior MORPG game (in relation with the good old KOTOR and II). Where are the Jedi Knights? Where are the epic Lucas Arts games? Damn, the more I think, the more I'm convinced that this gen (not the next PS4 one) was worse than the previous ones.

Markysar likes this

please kill me.

I love you   :D

Adrian likes this

Yeah it's kinda sad too see what is happening to a beloved franchise like this, the thing that i find myselft wondering most is:

Why aren't company's like disney asking the fans of a franchise what they would most like to see?

instead of doing something then finding out they did it wrong, causing loads of angry fans.

Fan feedback is a Powerfull weapon From a more civilized time

I personally am happy that EA got the rights to the games. Even though I sometimes don't like what EA does, at least they have the manpower and money to get good developers for the games that are Star Wars related. So, even though 1313 got cancelled, it may not have been the best game anyway. I would rather wait longer and get some games that are great than see a string of sub-par games from a group that was quickly losing their reputation as a game company. So, overall, while I don't like what was cancelled, I do look forward to seeing what DICE can do with Battlefront and what the future holds for the Star Wars gaming community. 

There will be more games, and legit games haha, they haven't had time to develop any yet. Battlefront 3 is ocming out probably in 2015 around the same time as the new movie.

no because EA will make amazing star wars games from now on and disney will make some cheap fun stupid cash cow games i miss lucas arts because alot of there games are amazing and revolutionary like the jedi knight series i loved battlefront and republic commando while short was nothing short (see what i did there) of amazing i think star wars games will make a comeback just when i cant say

Harvster-01 likes this

NNNNNOOOOOOO disney  crap  already why...

Those types of games are easy to make, This really dosen't mean much for the future of star wars gaming. I'm excited as hell for the next battlefront though!

what ever happened to star wars 1313 looked like it was goingto be pretty good. 

Downloading the app now, doesn't look like much but could be nice for a few minutes a day.

what ever happened to star wars 1313 looked like it was goingto be pretty good. 

cancelled when Lucasarts shut down. Although from what I heard, the product they had was not that great, and differed vastly from what we had been shown. 

Lookes like Sim Tower but with starwars

Do you think Disney will come out with a Star Wars sitcom on Disney Channel?

Star Wars Battlefront 3. PLEASE!!!!!

Already confirmed dude

the arcade pod-racer was amazin, hope disney develops another

Meh, i guess it could be worse. Haven't played the game, but i have no problem with this if the game is good!