• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

StoleTheMighty

The Division - Overhyped game

30 posts in this topic

The Division= DeadSpace/Mass effect combat system + GTA/Maxpayne world+ Borderlands/Deadisland monster HP system.

After playing it for 6 hours im already bored.Things that really miss....you cant crouch or prone freely....most of the building are closed(they could made a random generated rooms, nobody would even care just more content- they could even do the same thing as safe rooms small loading screens make 20 different rooms and spread it to the map),the rouge timer shouldn't go up after you kill/shoot second player since everybody is chasing you and you are defending yourself.Missions are ok i guess... but hoard mode is something most people hate(If they added more enviorment activities i could me more fun-let things fall add enviorment object that you can use to kill easier- south park stick of truth did that and it made game alive).Stealth approach would be fun,i like the loot system in the dark zone except that in most of the cases NPC attack after the chopper landed i know its more logical but its not practical since chopper works on a timer. If you stand somewhere NPC should not spawn right behind you- map is huge lots of corners small amount of players thats easy to fix.They need to change the type of grenade on other key so the g is for trowing it easier(hold g= aim...release=trow-its more natural)Customization of player is really good.While playing this game you feel like something is missing-if this is the core on which they trow content i can say :

youre-going-to-have-a-bad-time.png

What do you think? Will it suck?

zawisz and Gears Kondraki like this

It's Destiny... minus the sci-fi fantasy. It will probably do well because PC users do not have something similar that is a triple A title, yet.

Sorry to tell you, your opinion is very much against the grain based on most of the people I've talked to in both the closed and open beta. You do make some valid points, but remember you're playing a very small slice of the game, and these things can very easily be fixed before launch or shortly after.

As someone mentioned, it does seem a bit like destiny. Perhaps broader in scope though my online exposure to the game as been video and not playing it myself.

As someone mentioned, it does seem a bit like destiny. Perhaps broader in scope though my online exposure to the game as been video and not playing it myself.

Yeah, it's a lot like Destiny but it is Good. And there's no reason to not try it, it's got the open "beta" (demo) going for the weekend

The only real point you make is that NPCs shouldn't spawn if you're standing near their spawn point. Other than than, you're just nitpicking the shit out of it.

savagejoe444 and Dyzzles like this

It looks like Destiny. And people on pc do have games like destiny(warframe, Mmorpgs)

From what I've seen it's an average triple A title. Luckily I never got excited to play it because I rarely do wanna get hyped anymore for games because most end up being a dissapointment. I'll be playing it today to feel it for myself, but I've already watched hours and hours of footage,streams and small reviews that came out for the beta and it's what I expected it to be: nothing special. Nothing makes it out stand too much from everything else I've seen or played and I haven't seen anyone make a review and give it a special high score, tho it's unfair to make a 100% full judgement on earlier beta. 

And people who say it's beta and that's why there is so much stuff missing or bugged well it's wrong. Beta means game is finished but only thing is to test the bugs and fix it by getting feedback from players. Nothing major will get added by full release, so what you are playing now is basically full version of the game + bugs + some zones/weapons/features that are disabled until full release. Basically if you like it now, that's good and if you don't like it now, it won't change much if you play the full release. 

I'll be playing the beta today and see how it feels for myself. My current opinion right now is formed from countless streams I've watched and  I didn't find anything special about it. The thing I love is the setting, but the gameplay itself doesn't seem sufficient enough to keep me in, but it might change when I play it. Even if I like it, I'll wait for full release and reviews before I decide to buy it. 

Raspharus and savagejoe444 like this

was hyped at the first announcement back then but i instantly lost interest when they said it will be MMORPG.

Im personally loving it so far.  Sure the beta gets boring because once you get so far thats it (obviously).  Only gripe i have with it is that there simply isnt enough mobs to fight against while your just running around.

And your saying the rogue counter shouldnt go up if you kill more people?  Why?  You made the choice to shoot someone so your the aggressor if you shoot someone after that rather then running away until the counter reaches zero then too right you should stay rogue for longer.

Im personally loving it so far.  Sure the beta gets boring because once you get so far thats it (obviously).  Only gripe i have with it is that there simply isnt enough mobs to fight against while your just running around.

And your saying the rogue counter shouldnt go up if you kill more people?  Why?  You made the choice to shoot someone so your the aggressor if you shoot someone after that rather then running away until the counter reaches zero then too right you should stay rogue for longer.

Thats were you wrong.... you are running but they know where you are you are not shooting them so you can kill them you trow bombs or drone so you can gain advantage to run.If you just run while others are shooting you there is no way you will survive.

Thats were you wrong.... you are running but they know where you are you are not shooting them so you can kill them you trow bombs or drone so you can gain advantage to run.If you just run while others are shooting you there is no way you will survive.

I have accidentally shot people loads of times (normally while shooting at a rogue) and more often then not i get away.  There is sooo much cover to hide behind.  And besides shooting someone else while rogue isnt the best idea if you didnt mean to go rogue in the first place.

It's not a Tom Clancy game. 

Another AAA game was over hyped?

635711292497697119473611858_tumblr_inlin

Aside from the creepy story subtext, the game seems alright. Don't know how things will improve after the beta. PC users can obviously buy it for about $43 instead of $60 so there is also that to consider.

Was this game even that hyped up? Most of the praise from early looks was, "That looks really good visually, hey look he shut the car door." Those things are still true.

I was never hyped for this game, I didn't even bother with the Beta.

Aside from the creepy story subtext, the game seems alright. Don't know how things will improve after the beta. PC users can obviously buy it for about $43 instead of $60 so there is also that to consider.

Was this game even that hyped up? Most of the praise from early looks was, "That looks really good visually, hey look he shut the car door." Those things are still true.

People use "over hyped" as a buzzword to describe something that hasn't delivered on it's promises, so to say the game is "over hyped" for a demo that has ~90% of the game's features cut means they don't know what they're talking about.

People use "over hyped" as a buzzword to describe something that hasn't delivered on it's promises, so to say the game is "over hyped" for a demo that has ~90% of the game's features cut means they don't know what they're talking about.

But "Over Hyped" Literally means that it didn't deliver on it's promises. And a lot of people are pretty dissapointed with how generic and dull the gameplay is. The gameplay. That has nothing to do with the cut content if people find the core gameplay boring. 

I'm glad you're so enamored with the game, I have a hard time being enamored with anything, I even point out the flaws in games I like, like Fallout 4. Hell, I even liked Destiny, and that game was overhyped as sweet baby jesus and has jack shit to do in it. But don't be that fanboy.

Gears Kondraki likes this

But "Over Hyped" Literally means that it didn't deliver on it's promises. And a lot of people are pretty dissapointed with how generic and dull the gameplay is. The gameplay. That has nothing to do with the cut content if people find the core gameplay boring. 

I'm glad you're so enamored with the game, I have a hard time being enamored with anything, I even point out the flaws in games I like, like Fallout 4. Hell, I even liked Destiny, and that game was overhyped as sweet baby jesus and has jack shit to do in it. But don't be that fanboy.

I'm not being "that fanboy," but I'm also not being that hater. I say put your hat in the ring when the game it out and everything is available, not say it's not worth people's time a month before then. And yes, I could argue that the gameplay isn't all it could be because so many of the skills are locked off, perks and such are not available, and those things could have a big impact on how combat feels, so I'm not going to comment on whether it's good or bad.

I dont really understand.  A game cant be overhyped its impossible.  You decide your own interest in a game based off what you see.  The only person that can overhype a game is the person wanting it.

I personally only generate my own hype on the game based on the type of game it is etc.  Anything else waits until i have the game in my console.

Overhyped means to praise something more than it deserves. It means they promoted the game so much, overhyped it to levels that the game itself didn't reach. It's simply means, "We have one of the best open world RPGs here, with great features", while in the end it's just an average title with features that every open world RPG already has. Watch_Dogs is a good example of overhype. People went NUTS for that game while it was shown around in marketing promotions and when the final product came for us to play, everyone hated it. That means to overhype. It's usually giving too much praise to something or just saying shit that isn't true, only to get attention. 

Whether Division is overhyped or no, we will see. I don't think Division was that overhyped as some other games, but it really depends what people EXPECT from the game. Their expectations come from trailers, so if people expect everything that the trailers promised and showed, but the game doesn't have that in the final product, but it massively promotes it = overhype 

Witcher 3 was another example of overhyped game in gameplay and overhype in graphics. While it delivered the hype in gameplay, it failed to do so in graphics because they had to downgrade the graphics in many areas due to consoles, therefore people were disappointed and didn't get the graphics that were promoted in the trailers.

Creating a hype is a marketing strategy and overhyping means it was done over the limits. Too much praise, too many features promised yet very few delivered to satisfy the customerbase. It's a real thing.

I'm not saying Division is overhyped tho, because I haven't followed that game so I can't comment. 

Looks like just another third person shooter to me.

I disagree completely. It is a BETA. It is just a small taste of what the game is like. Of course you'll get bored after a few hours of playing it! 

People keep arguing what a beta has like its a solid fact.

Fact is different games offer different levels of content in their betas.

Diablo 3 for example offered next to nothing in its beta.. Like half the first chapter only and no difficulty settings

Starcraft 1 was virtually the complete game.