• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

ChaserTech

Desktop Sharing! Post your current Desktop

118 posts in this topic

I decided to make a thread where people can just post their desktops or wallpapers to show them off to the AJ community.  Feel free to give out any customization information about your desktop (what mediaplayer, apps, programs you use and etc.)

Here's my desktop as of now. I plan on changing it whenever I get bored of my current setup.

yuHi4uy.png

I use Rainmeter for the apps that are seen around the wallpaper. It's a pretty nifty program that allows you to customize your desktop into your personal space, basically. I recommend it if you have a computer that can run it without heating up. Older laptops might not be able to handle Rainmeter while having other applications running.

I didn't know whether to put this thread in "Community Content" or "General Discussion" so I just decided to post in the General Discussion threads. (Hopefully this won't cause too much of a problem)

10r90k6.jpg

Here's mine on my laptop. That rainmeter skin came as stock for me (Can't even remember what it was called). I used to keep around other skins to make it look even better, though that was on my desktop. Tbh, I'm happy with this. The more simple it is, the better. :3

EDIT: Also, I've no idea why I keep the dock at the bottom around... I never use it. ._.

ChaserTech likes this

Gawddamn you guys have some sexy looking desktops... too bad if I used one my PC would explode, can't imagine trying to play a game while something so sexy is running on my desktop.

10r90k6.jpg

Here's mine. That rainmeter skin came as stock for me (Can't even remember what it was called). I used to keep around other skins to make it look even better, though that was on my desktop. Tbh, I'm happy with this. The more simple it is, the better. :3

EDIT: Also, I've no idea why I keep the dock at the bottom around... I never use it. ._.

Awesome desktop! :P Is that dock just a rainmeter skin? Or is it Rocketdock?

Also are you using Windows 8? A lot of people have told me a bunch of contradicting things about it.

Personally I didn't want it since I was so familiar with Windows 7.

Mind telling me where I can get those kind of skins?

I'd love to at least try a few.

Mind telling me where I can get those kind of skins?

I'd love to at least try a few.

Sure thing!

Here's the link to the site for Rainmeter.

http://rainmeter.net/cms/

Just install the program and run it as soon as it finishes. If you want to add more things, you can try visiting customize.org , a useful site that has a lot of resources for customizing your computer whether it is a wallpaper or a skin to a program that you want.

Here's a section that has nothing but rainmeter skins.

http://customize.org/rainmeter

Whenever you find the skin that you want, just download the skin and extract the contents to a folder (if it's not already in a folder). Then go to Documents > Rainmeter > Skins and paste the folder that you downloaded. A more indepth explanation about Rainmeter can be found at a variety of places including Youtube and the official Rainmeter Site.

I believe this is a good starter tutorial for beginners who are just getting into Rainmeter. I used this to figure out how to add docks/skins to my Rainmeter. What's great also about rainmeter is that you can even make your own apps, providing that you know how to code properly.

I hope this helps. If you need any more advice, just ask! I'll try to help out. :]

Lhotse5 likes this

There's nothing wrong with clean desktops. :P I used to keep my desktop icon/app free before I installed Rainmeter on my current desktop

Awesome desktop! :P Is that dock just a rainmeter skin? Or is it Rocketdock?

Also are you using Windows 8? A lot of people have told me a bunch of contradicting things about it.

Personally I didn't want it since I was so familiar with Windows 7.

Yep, it's rocketdock. The skin I use for it is old as hell, though. D:

Yes, I'm using Windows 8. Reason is, it came Licensed along with my laptop. I honestly haven't had any bad experiences with it. Games don't run any different, from what I can tell. Only two bad things I've noticed so far about it are: No start button (Not that major, but yeah... Doesn't feel the same without it) and some of the older games either can't even be installed on it, or require you to do some configuration to get 'em to run.

I think there is already a thread for this though: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/870-post-your-desktop-background/page-3

Also chasertech? The same chaser from DMC.org? 

Yup, that be me. lol

I stopped going to DMC.org since..well despite giving DmC a chance, I still dislike it. Plus I'm not too fond of the DmC forums that much.

Yep, it's rocketdock. The skin I use for it is old as hell, though. D:

Yes, I'm using Windows 8. Reason is, it came Licensed along with my laptop. I honestly haven't had any bad experiences with it. Games don't run any different, from what I can tell. Only two bad things I've noticed so far about it are: No start button (Not that major, but yeah... Doesn't feel the same without it) and some of the older games either can't even be installed on it, or require you to do some configuration to get 'em to run.

I've had heard problems about older games not being able to run on Windows 8. Recently I had bought Rayman 2 for the PC and I could barely get it to work for Windows 7. I actually had to install a another NVIDIA driver just to get it to run.

Yup, that be me. lol

I stopped going to DMC.org since..well despite giving DmC a chance, I still dislike it. Plus I'm not too fond of the DmC forums that much.

This is Sieghart if the name rings a bell. I rarely even go and post to the forums too now a days because there are a lots of DmC wankers.

Thanks a lot Chaser! ill try it out now!

This is Sieghart if the name rings a bell. I rarely even go and post to the forums too now a days because there are a lots of DmC wankers.

Yeah I remember you. And yup, that place is just that. A bunch of people who tend to praise DmC despite its extremely noticeable flaws.

Thanks a lot Chaser! ill try it out now!

No problem Mex. :] I'm glad I could be of assistance.

m0vbc.pngII have an entire file called "desktops" around here somehwere... Its probably about time for me to change it to a new one. 

Rockoman100 likes this

Okay mine is not really special i normally use shell themes for my windows but after i got my new PC i couldn find them anywhere

unbenannti5ic3.jpg

I stopped using desktop gadgets and other various things, ever since this was released :D 

3NzhIq4.jpg

edit: for anyone curious as to what this is, it's the Roccat PowerGrid for Android and iOS. :)

http://power-grid.roccat.org/en/Home/

May as well throw in my desktop, it's not spectacular but it get's the job done, I didn't want a second 1080p display with me upgrading my screens to 1080p+ later on, I just use it mainly for streaming and monitoring chat, or watching TV :D

y6G6EEW.png

ChaserTech likes this

Oh wow, I didn't expect an app to let you know the system specs of a desktop on an android/smartphone. That's pretty useful.

. . . Too bad I don't have a smartphone. :(

WolfJack likes this

desktop-1.png Nice and simple. Foobar2k for audio and MPC-HC for video. I need to clean out my recyle bin more often though. Last time I did there was 35.7 GB worth of stuff to empty.

I keep mine fairly simple.  I don't understand the lure of busy rainmeter desktops, personally - but to each their own, right?   I usually have something running maximized in each monitor anyway.  Third monitor's not hooked up right now - I need the desktop space for other things at the moment. ^^

myplaindesk.png