• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

ChaserTech

Desktop Sharing! Post your current Desktop

118 posts in this topic

I keep mine fairly simple.  I don't understand the lure of busy rainmeter desktops, personally - but to each their own, right?   I usually have something running maximized in each monitor anyway.  Third monitor's not hooked up right now - I need the desktop space for other things at the moment. ^^

I use Rainmeter mainly because I want to know various things without having to search through a browser. That and I like to add shortcuts to without the use of icons on my desktop. Being able to see how much data I downloaded or how much RAM is being used up just by looking at my desktop is convenient to me.

Edit: Derp, just saw that you had Rainmeter and you said you only like to keep your Rainmeter simple.

I just like having a lot of gadgets on my page. With a lot of info, it keeps me updated on my system, weather, and other various things.

Also, I like the skins of Rainmeter. Some of them are pretty well designed.

Totally didn't see this topic! When I made mine! Sorry about that ChaserTech!

Here is my desktop, nothing real crazy. Super Simple. I used to have rainmeter but what I had on was killing my battery for some reason so no more rainmeter.

tumblr_mwff4qO2yP1rsgof8o1_1280.png

I change mine quite often. At the moment it does look like this.

zXL9REzl.jpg

or like this

Jgjjuwml.jpg

my desktop is shared between 3 screen and is a complete mess.

I'm too lazy to do a bit of tidying up.

I've had insanely customised desktops along the years but I just got bored of them all hogging my power for nothing, seeing I almost always have firefox or a game running. So now I don't have anything on it pretty much, as I can access everything I need through either the taskbar, my steam client or a hotkey combination. :)

This is my most busy desktop, the background was a video file that pulsed in synch with what sound there was happening on the PC. All the gauges and stuff are functional. And yes, the whole OS looked like that all the way down to folders and buttons, there was so much extra stuff I couldn't be assed to remake it after I reinstalled Windows are one point.

StNnaXV.jpg

This one is my first redesign of my desktop after the new windows installation. I have most of my stuff again, but I couldn't be assed to modify my operating system files so I didn't use any full conversions anymore.

DfSfoB1.jpg

This is my personal favourite of my old desktops (and as you can see from the rainmeter + dock, an evolution of the DaS one I had before, as I thought it was too dark.), and if I was willing to reinstall RocketDock and Rainmeter, this is the one I might still use. The big box with the Reddit feed has 4 pages with various information and links updated in real-time. (For example right now I could use Reddit in one, AJSA in another, weather information in the third and system information in the fourth.)

DqC6ye0.jpg

Here I have one I used for quite a while, and as you can see I got rid of Rocketdock and just settled with Win7's own as there is nothing wrong with it, honestly.

ji37s6K.jpg

This one is when I tried using the Raptr quickbar from the Raptr client. I got bored of it really quickly as I didn't need it and it was, frankly, quite bad. As much as I love Dark Souls, the wallpaper was too dark for my taste as well, eventually.

8ZWy8fk.jpg

Here I had another desktop cleanup where I got rid of EVERYTHING I did not need. Wallpapers cycled through hundreds of cars and pictures of roads.

wzHXWaj.jpg

And this is my current one. It's simply... empty. I have all I need in the taskbar or behind a hotkey, so I don't need it for anything. I've been using high-quality pictures of space or landscapes for a long while now, but lately been swapping towards film and music. Right now I have this as my wallpaper as a tribute to the best autumn-evening-listening-band ever.

XwftyOE.jpg

Hate icons on my desktop. Im quite minimalist.

My_desktop.png

5db4IKQ.jpg

Hell yea, Crysis. Such an underrated series.

Here's mine.

The wallpapers cycle on an hourly basis between a series of Deus Ex, Half life, Portal, L4D2, Bastion, Crysis, Thomas Was Alone, Far Cry 3, Minecraft, and Paper Mario themed backgrounds. It just happened to be on a rather sleek Deus Ex one:

XT7r8t2.jpg

Hell yea, Crysis. Such an underrated series.

>Crysis

>underrated

pick one

One of my various desktop backgrounds, one of my favorite strategy franchise's of all time.

Desktop1111.png

thegame0dude likes this

Hate icons on my desktop. Im quite minimalist.

Nice wallpaper.... wouldn't happen to have a link to the original? ;)

Anywho'm, here's mine:

BSGwallpaper_zps36e2fced.jpg

Some really nice desktops in this thread. Nice one.

Not talking about the female ones, some are tasteful, some not so much (looking at you Shepard!).

Okay mine is not really special i normally use shell themes for my windows but after i got my new PC i couldn find them anywhere

unbenannti5ic3.jpg

I have that picture somewhere on my pc....

^ Those... icons... everywhere... 

tumblr_m8i10wXUJC1rcftipo1_250.gif

<3

^ Those... icons... everywhere... 

tumblr_m8i10wXUJC1rcftipo1_250.gif

Perfect response! I can't stand any icons on my desktop... has to be nice and clean