• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

undeadslayer4

whats the meaning of life

39 posts in this topic

Ah, now see? That right there is exactly why I believe this is not the only life we have to live. I look on the very fact that we are even capable of pondering our own existence as proof there is something greater out there for us. Granted you can't actually reach it until you face death, but that's what life is about: preparing you for that final encounter, the graduation into the "real".

I always think of the final chapter in the final book of C.S Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia (The Last Battle), how everything looked exactly like what they were familiar with (from their home in England to the lands of Narania that they had explored on many adventures) but it all seemed more vibrant, more real. And the deeper they went into the land the more "real" it all became.

This was an interesting read and I was going to Like it but my Likes ran out again so your going to have to settle for my words instead. :PSince my English is what it is i'm going to use your post as an " substitute " to what I was going write before my train of thought was cutshort by my vocabulary since your answer was so perfect and came closest to what I was thinking about. Unless you mind of course.

I too believe this life we have isn't all there is to it, and that there is an afterlife we cannot fully fathom yet. This is why we should try to live and learn as this life 

we now have will eventually come to an end. Of course this isn't always as simple, something I know from personal experience. Life is filled with various

vicissitudes, suffering and struggles which might cause us to think life indeed is meaningless. But we shouldn't fall into this trap as it can make our field of view

into various unsolved mysteries of life very narrow and easy to miss. ( I hope that sentence made at least some sense lol ) 

Life is meant to be experienced from its beginning to its end. This is how I see it. And while we are on this wild ride we should also try to learn from it. Preferably

something good and positive we can carry with us til the end of our journey. Be it life itself or love, or both. 

Off topic: I adore the Narnia books ( though I haven't read them all ) and as well as the movies. My personal favorite is the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. :)  

PlasticFrogCG likes this

This was an interesting read and I was going to Like it but my Likes ran out again so your going to have to settle for my words instead. :PSince my English is what it is i'm going to use your post as an " substitute " to what I was going write before my train of thought was cutshort by my vocabulary since your answer was so perfect and came closest to what I was thinking about. Unless you mind of course.

I too believe this life we have isn't all there is to it, and that there is an afterlife we cannot fully fathom yet. This is why we should try to live and learn as this life 

we now have will eventually come to an end. Of course this isn't always as simple, something I know from personal experience. Life is filled with various

vicissitudes, suffering and struggles which might cause us to think life indeed is meaningless. But we shouldn't fall into this trap as it can make our field of view

into various unsolved mysteries of life very narrow and easy to miss. ( I hope that sentence made at least some sense lol ) 

Life is meant to be experienced from its beginning to its end. This is how I see it. And while we are on this wild ride we should also try to learn from it. Preferably

something good and positive we can carry with us til the end of our journey. Be it life itself or love, or both. 

Off topic: I adore the Narnia books ( though I haven't read them all ) and as well as the movies. My personal favorite is the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. :)  

Exactly! And go find the rest of the books if you can, they are still great reads even as an adult. It's really a shame the Voyage of the Dawn Treader movie didn't do so well, because at this point it looks like they'll never get around to finishing the series in movie format. And I was really looking forward to a film adaptation of Horse and His Boy and The Magician's Nephew :(

undeadslayer4 and MariaOlivia like this

Exactly! And go find the rest of the books if you can, they are still great reads even as an adult. It's really a shame the Voyage of the Dawn Treader movie didn't do so well, because at this point it looks like they'll never get around to finishing the series in movie format. And I was really looking forward to a film adaptation of Horse and His Boy and The Magician's Nephew :(

so does that mean there going to reboot it all together or are they going to make either a prequel or silver chair

I dont know OP, you really hit me with this. I think thats a question I will have to ponder all my life until the very day I die and even then I probably wont have a concrete answer let alone the correct one. Implying of course that such an answer even exists.

However, I dont like to think of myself as a very complex man so I do have a position for now. I think im content in believing that to dispatch enemies of the United States is what I was put here on this green Earth to do and have the continual inner struggle to be happy.

so does that mean there going to reboot it all together or are they going to make either a prequel or silver chair

Honestly I don't know. Once Voyage of the Dawn Treader bombed all you heard was how nobody seemed to like it and the whole thing just fell off everyone's radar. I liked all the movies, but just one fan isn't enough to turn things around in Hollywood :|

MariaOlivia likes this

I'm agnostic bordering on atheist, meaning I don't believe in the existence of an all-powerful god, afterlife or ultimate purpose to existence, and as a result of reconciling these views with Wheaton's Law I found myself to be an anti-nihilist. What the hell is that, you may ask? Well, where your average nihilist sees the universe exactly the same way and uses it as an excuse to be a dick in the absence of guaranteed punishment for their actions, the anti-nihilist sees it as an excuse to make the world a better place. Because the world's fucked up enough as is, and it doesn't need people running around being assholes to each other just because there's no god to tell them what to do. I believe that you should do what you think is right, regardless of what some probably nonexistent god says. Basically, in the absence of a higher purpose, life means whatever you want it to.

Death because eventually everything dies and every effort made to live longer is just another way to die because even if you made it to the end of the universe it must all end.

but if you want the real meaning all you need to do is search for "define life" in google

well thats dumb

I'm agnostic bordering on atheist, meaning I don't believe in the existence of an all-powerful god, afterlife or ultimate purpose to existence, and as a result of reconciling these views with Wheaton's Law I found myself to be an anti-nihilist. What the hell is that, you may ask? Well, where your average nihilist sees the universe exactly the same way and uses it as an excuse to be a dick in the absence of guaranteed punishment for their actions, the anti-nihilist sees it as an excuse to make the world a better place. Because the world's fucked up enough as is, and it doesn't need people running around being assholes to each other just because there's no god to tell them what to do. I believe that you should do what you think is right, regardless of what some probably nonexistent god says. Basically, in the absence of a higher purpose, life means whatever you want it to.

thing are not always as they seem who knows 

There isn't any meaning. Life is just life. Everyone lives it differently. Life is about experiencing, learning, trying things but it doesn't mean it's the intent or goal of life. It just is and you make it what you want. And if you want it or needs it to be about being the best person possible or as a test to go to heaven..good on you sure why not. But I don't think it's an universal truth https://speedtest.vet/.

I'm an agnostic so I'm unreligious but not opposed to the idea of a God. The thing is I just don't focus on that. It's something that's uncertain and I think it's fine for it to be that way. The same goes for life. Life's an uncertain thing but it's fine. Everything is kinda uncertain. It's just a different outlook all together rather than different priorities. At least for me. I can't speak for everyone but I'm pretty sure most unreligious people would agree with that.

The meaning of life is to live life with making every moment special and enjoying,

Spending time with self, taught to the aim of living a life,

anyways I can't stop myself to live life without a smile and enjoyment :)