• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

Attack on Titan game is finally released!! In Japan. And it outsold Street Fighter V.

11 posts in this topic

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/02/24/japanese-sales-chart-attack-titan-outsells-street-fighter-v-ps4-remains-1st/

Dayum. From the creator of the overly done "Dynasty Warriors" esque hack and slash games of the past, like Hyrule Warriors, One Piece Pirate Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Dynasty Warriors Gundam (COUGH COUGH COUGH), and something something Warriors,

comes Attack on Titan, a game that says "fuck all that shit" and decide to be Attack on Titan. Great move because they need a different kind of game other than Dynasty Warriors clones.

And it outsold Street Fighter V. Awesome! Looks like people there don't buy into Capcom's bare boned crap. Smart people.

Now all we need to do is wait for this to be localized. And most likely arrive on PC. I can't wait, even though I feel bad for these titans that I'm going to slaughter because "plot spoiler that only people that follows the manga knows".

So much for Capcom trying to attract new players to fighting games by changing camera angles and making things more accessible (the latter is how you attract new players, and it can be done without having to do the former). Street Fighter 5 didn't even beat vanilla Street Fighter 4's first week numbers in the UK.

Can't even beat vanilla Street Fighter 4 in Japan either.

Just because it outsold Street fighter V doesn't mean it's a good game.  In fact after watching some gameplay footage I'm quickly getting the sinking feeling that this game kinda blows

It has obvious camera troubles and it just looks... silly....  In fact most of the titans look like bobbleheads!  It's hilarious! 

At least it looks easier to play than this:

Mostly because of what looks like a lock-on.

Just because it outsold Street fighter V doesn't mean it's a good game. In fact after watching some gameplay footage I'm quickly getting the sinking feeling that this game kinda blows

It has obvious camera troubles and it just looks... silly.... In fact most of the titans look like bobbleheads! It's hilarious!

You most likely aren't a fan of the series, or don't like this style of game. That's normal cause the creator of this game is known for having games that has split opinions.

This game's a breath of fresh air for the dev. Not like the Dynasty Warriors clones before. I think the game's pretty awesome, and very faithful to the anime and manga. The characters move and attack just like the show, the controls looks well done and skill based, and yes, the titans are supposed to be that ridiculous in the series. They move like dumbasses. Like this

The youtuber you're looking at doesn't really show off how to play the game right. If it's done correctly, combos like this can happen.

The game becomes even more insane once Eren turns into a titan. He whoop titans asses like it's nothing.

The Attack on Titan game that sucks though are the 3DS version and the PS Vita port. Those are not good at all.

At least it looks easier to play than this:

Mostly because of what looks like a lock-on.

Easier yes, but I'm willing to bet that it's no where near as fun.

Easier yes, but I'm willing to bet that it's no where near as fun.

Aww Gawd dem graphics. Not good....

There we go. Updated graphics.

Oh! Wait..... There's another Attack on Titan game for PC??

Aw hell yes!! This looks WAAYY better! I'm gonna play this instead! Let's hope this game doesn't get a copyright infringement.

Ooh...I think I know someone who would love to have this...

You most likely aren't a fan of the series, or don't like this style of game. That's normal cause the creator of this game is known for having games that has split opinions.

I just started watching recently.  I like it's dark shadows, horror elements and the fact that the titans actually look freighting and I didn't get any of that there.

This game's a breath of fresh air for the dev. Not like the Dynasty Warriors clones before. I think the game's pretty awesome, and very faithful to the anime and manga. The characters move and attack just like the show, the controls looks well done and skill based, and yes, the titans are supposed to be that ridiculous in the series. They move like dumbasses. Like this

LINK

"A breath of fresh air for the developer" well good for them but that doesn't affect me!  The human characters look and move like they do in the show that much is true, but the titans don't.  You try prove your point with a Jeremy Jahn video that features a few seconds of sped up/edited footage, come on!

Here is actual clip from the show:

The youtuber you're looking at doesn't really show off how to play the game right. If it's done correctly, combos like this can happen.

LINK

A skilled player is obviously going to make it look better that someone who is playing for the first time, I doesn't mean he is playing it wrong.  In the show the humans are the ones at a significant disadvantage and taking down a titan took usually took a bit if time and strategy and wouldn't have that made for a better game than just neck slice after neck slice taking each one down with one hit?

The game becomes even more insane once Eren turns into a titan. He whoop titans asses like it's nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbyB_AFUQ

I give this a pass because I would expect to feel overpowered with Eren as a Titan but not as a human.   As seen from the clip I posted It's not as cool in the show because the other titans actually can put up a decent fight.

The Attack on Titan game that sucks though are the 3DS version and the PS Vita port. Those are not good at all.

​I think that is universally agreed upon, I think this new one looks better but not by that much.

Aww Gawd dem graphics. Not good....

There we go. Updated graphics.

Oh! Wait..... There's another Attack on Titan game for PC??

Aw hell yes!! This looks WAAYY better! I'm gonna play this instead! Let's hope this game doesn't get a copyright infringement.

You know that does look way better!

Well i want this game NOW!! and i bet it never see's an EU release.