• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

MadIrishman

should i buy it?

7 posts in this topic

I was watching Joe's old reviews then i saw Guild Wars 2 review i watched it i really liked the game but when i read the user reviews i saw soo many people saying the game is s**t after the relesase and everybody posting at AUG 28 says good things and aug 28 is the release date but people posting on november says bad things like its not good anymore and more im really confused and i dont want to give 50 dollars if its a bad game at the moment .

What do you think guys?

guild wars 2 went f2p so there's no harm in trying the game out. It's actually a pretty fun game. I bought it before it went f2p and I loved it.

I think it's quite the opposite. The game lacked lots of end game and many other things at start and then later only it got better. However I haven't played after the release of the expansion pack so I can't comment, but otherwise before that it was a really good game, constantly updated and constantly new things coming in.

As AngryAlex said, it's F2P now so you can test it. There is lots of limitations to it, since they still want you to buy it but it's good enough to test it out.

i really should not put a game i put SOO much time into down.

but ud have a better time in many of the other MMOs out there not to say GW2 is bad just do your research about it and decide if its something that will be fun for you.

I have the game since before launch and I still enjoy it. It's a very social MMO, so playing with friends or a guild makes the experience much more pleasant.  ^_^

Like it was said, the core game is now Free to Play, but ArenaNet had to create barriers in order to avoid bots and gold sellers. You can check the list of restrictions here:
http://help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT

As has been mentioned, it's free, so you have nothing to lose except your time.  The F2P restrictions are about on par with SWTOR, FWIW, though messaging is less-restricted, at least with your friends, and I don't think they penalize free accounts on XP the way other games, (SWTOR, Wildstar, Blade & Soul,) do.  Another unique thing about GW2, at least at its original release in 2012, 2013, whenever, was that they had a way to buy gold, licitly, in-game, and other MMOs weren't doing that at the time.

Warning, though, if you do buy it: Heart of Thorns started a REALLY hardcore elitist faction within the game that I really didn't feel existed prior.  Avoid those guys at all costs.  Life's too short for gear checks.

GW2 has 2 modes of PvP, small teams like SWTOR or Blade & Soul, and huge server-vs-server battles, more like ESO.  If you're interested in the latter and want to run with the Angry Army and you're willing to play on a North American server, we're on Northern Shiverpeaks.  I don't remember what server the EU guild is on; you'd have to check their subforum.

Treeps likes this

I havent played in like 2 years. Have an 80 of each class, quit because I found it boring. Not saying other games are not boring. It does or did last I played have some cool features.