• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

tylerthebest

Newegg 49INCH 4k 60Hz TV $360!!!!

20 posts in this topic

But, it's a tv.

Better Then nothing lol

The 4K dream would be a 49" 4k 144hz monitor, 60hz is for peasants.

The 4K dream would be a 49" 4k 144hz monitor, 60hz is for peasants.

Wow how PC Nazi douchebag of you.  Besides do you have even the slightest idea of what kind of PC you would need to play games at 4K/144Hz? You really are a dreamer.

That's actually a bloody good deal.  It's good that 4K panels are becoming more accessible.

It's a tv. Which will mean that will have compatibility issues when hooked to PC, not to mention that its fucking huge for a desk. Now for a couch setup on the PC it would be nice.

On the console, however I really dont see the point of a 4k TV.

It's a tv. Which will mean that will have compatibility issues when hooked to PC, not to mention that its fucking huge for a desk. Now for a couch setup on the PC it would be nice.

It's really not as big a problem as you seem to think, In fact aside from some additional features on more expensive monitors such as G-Sync and high refresh rates (the usefulness of those is even debatable) it really makes no difference at all.  The screen technology in modern TV's and PC monitors is almost exactly the same.  I have a 40" 4K TV for my PC and I think that is probably about as big you can get away with for a desk setup. 

On the console, however I really don't see the point of a 4k TV.

On that note I'm inclined to agree, there isn't enough media ion TV or on console in 4K to really justify it for that.

On the console, however I really dont see the point of a 4k TV.

TVs are just big monitors by now.

Never heard of Sceptre and why buy a brand one's never heard of?

It's really not as big a problem as you seem to think, In fact aside from some additional features on more expensive monitors such as G-Sync and high refresh rates (the usefulness of those is even debatable) it really makes no difference at all. The screen technology in modern TV's and PC monitors is almost exactly the same. I have a 40" 4K TV for my PC and I think that is probably about as big you can get away with for a desk setup.

On the console, however I really don't see the point of a 4k TV.

On that note I'm inclined to agree, there isn't enough media ion TV or on console in 4K to really justify it for that.

I beg to differ. I used a tv monitor as a computer for like 2 years. True it wasnt a smart tv, and they mightve been better overall but this was my experience basically:

Resolution issues. Some of them dont support 4:3 res at all. They get stuck and you have to restart your system or use workarounds.

Colour issues. Especially made by drivers.

They sometimes dont output the normal res for pc signal. I have a 1080p tv that can only play 720p on my pc. Weird I know.

Again this is a smart tv, so stuff might be different but...

I wouldnt recommend a tv as a monitor. I would recommend a monitor cause its less of a pain in the ass. Now if you're talking about steam link or inhome streaming or playing on a tv from the couch then yeah it could work.

I beg to differ. I used a tv monitor as a computer for like 2 years. True it wasnt a smart tv, and they mightve been better overall but this was my experience basically:

Resolution issues. Some of them dont support 4:3 res at all. They get stuck and you have to restart your system or use workarounds.

Colour issues. Especially made by drivers.

They sometimes don't output the normal res for pc signal. I have a 1080p tv that can only play 720p on my pc. Weird I know.

Again this is a smart tv, so stuff might be different but...

I wouldn't recommend a tv as a monitor. I would recommend a monitor cause its less of a pain in the ass. Now if you're talking about steam link or in home streaming or playing on a tv from the couch then yeah it could work.

Sounds like it was a problem with your TV.  I can only speak from my own experience but the only issue I have had when using a TV as a monitor is some flickering on my 4K screen when running at 60Hz and all I had to do to solve this was run at 50Hz instead (It think it's something to do with PAL encoding or something).  Most games run at around 40-50fps at 4K on my rig anyway so It hasn't made any difference.

Wow how PC Nazi douchebag of you.  Besides do you have even the slightest idea of what kind of PC you would need to play games at 4K/144Hz? You really are a dreamer.

That's actually a bloody good deal.  It's good that 4K panels are becoming more accessible.

Wow, way to overreact to a joke answer to a joke thread. And to run a game at 4k with over 60fps sounds about like a 4000-5000$ computer, and considering I have one, I'm living the dream.

Sidenote: The technology to make a 4k screen with over 60hz isn't ready yet, at least not to make a viable product. Sure they can probably make one, it's just too expensive right now and they wouldn't really profit from it.

As someone who used to have a TV for a computer monitor I can say it did hurt my eyes faster than a normal monitor. (Take into account that my vision is pretty can to begin with) Granted it wasn't a 4k monitor but if you have the computer to run it it is a real good deal, though the size is a bit extreme. I wouldn't be able to fit 3 of them at my desk. Not that I could run 3 anyway. 

As someone who used to have a TV for a computer monitor I can say it did hurt my eyes faster than a normal monitor. (Take into account that my vision is pretty can to begin with) Granted it wasn't a 4k monitor but if you have the computer to run it it is a real good deal, though the size is a bit extreme. I wouldn't be able to fit 3 of them at my desk. Not that I could run 3 anyway. 

Ye, I used to have one of my monitors be a TV before too. Even though it was a full HD tv, the resolution was never right, there was always a part of the screen not showing on the tv. It didn't matter much though cause it was mostly my netflix/anime watching monitor, and I had it further away on a separate table. Hell back in 2005 I used to have a projector for my monitor, I'd just game on the wall.

I'm currently sporting three 24" 144hz monitors, mostly because I prefer better frame rate over more pixels. That's not to say I wouldn't get a 4k monitor if it had higher than 60hz, not too big though, everything over 27" is kinda overkill for a monitor unless it's one of those curved ones where you HAVE to go up to 34". Although once VR comes out, monitor size will kind of be pointless.

I dont care about 4k. I want a cheap OLED.

I started out with 1 21inch 1080p monitor then I upgraded to a 27inch 144hz 1080p monitor then I went to 3 27inch monitors and the 21inch monitor above them. Then 4k came out and said f it and bought a 55inch 4k tv for my main display so now 2 27inch 1080p 144hz monitors and the 55inch 4k 60hz tv. I've tested out the whole tv thing for a while I used a 1080p 55inch tv at my grandparents house when I lived there. The 1080p 55inch tv looked like crap close up it hurt my eyes I couldn't stand it. But when I got my 55inch 60hz 4k tv It didn't mess with my eyes at all I know what you guys mean about not having enough desk to put the tv on it but that's what a table is for ;)  I have no problems at all with the tv and games are smooth to me no tearing or anything crazy like that looks amazing and doesn't hurt the eyes.

I started out with 1 21inch 1080p monitor then I upgraded to a 27inch 144hz 1080p monitor then I went to 3 27inch monitors and the 21inch monitor above them. Then 4k came out and said f it and bought a 55inch 4k tv for my main display so now 2 27inch 1080p 144hz monitors and the 55inch 4k 60hz tv. I've tested out the whole tv thing for a while I used a 1080p 55inch tv at my grandparents house when I lived there. The 1080p 55inch tv looked like crap close up it hurt my eyes I couldn't stand it. But when I got my 55inch 60hz 4k tv It didn't mess with my eyes at all I know what you guys mean about not having enough desk to put the tv on it but that's what a table is for ;)  I have no problems at all with the tv and games are smooth to me no tearing or anything crazy like that looks amazing and doesn't hurt the eyes.

Just like your signature, it's like you don't know when to stop.

Apex Spartan likes this

4k TV means nothing to me... no source to watch, not enough power (expensive GPU) to play game. I prefer use multi monitors for work or even gaming...

Just like your signature, it's like you don't know when to stop.

What are you talking about?

4k TV means nothing to me... no source to watch, not enough power (expensive GPU) to play game. I prefer use multi monitors for work or even gaming...

Yeah you got to have a good rig to play games in 4k but there are sources to watch Netflix has 4k so does direct TV also YouTube has 4k and so does Amazon prime also there's alot of 4k movies out now and quite a few other sources to.