• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

iamtruth

Anyone else playing right now??

32 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

I've thought about it and these are the 4 steps that RSI need to do in to save this project.  A brief disclaimer here, the original backers are NOT going like this! Hell even I don't really like some of these steps but they will just have to accept that this is going nowhere unless RSI drastically change their strategy in order to keep this game alive.  Despite all the bitching I've done about it I want this project to be successful and I genuinely believe that this is the only way.  Here we go:

Number 1:  Release Squadron 42 As Soon As Fucking Possible

share_platform.jpg

When the game was first announced this was supposed to be the single player component included in every copy, but they changed their minds and separated the two so now anyone who "pledged" (I say in quotations because it's really a pre-order) after Valentines day 2015 has to buy it separately.  As much as I still believe that's bullshit what's done is done and now they really need this released immediately for 3 reasons:

1. Right now under the current circumstances it's the only component of the project has ghost of a chance of getting finished.
  2. It will generate some badly needed revenue.
  3. As long as the quality is there and has a positive response from the journalists and the gaming community it will go a long way to getting people exited for the project again.

Squadron 42 is the key to restarting this engine, and will help to get enough new and old players back in to support step 2.

Number 2:  Go Free to Play

maxresdefault.jpg

They need to scrap their current business model and do a Warframe or Planetside 2.  The production has gone on so long that in it's current state the competing games like Elite Dangerous have caught up and in some ways even overtaken it.  Few new players are going to be willing to "pledge" and the old playerbase is dying out.  I know because I played during that free weekend the servers were damn near empty, during a free weekend 2 years ago!  They wouldn't even have to re-balance the game that much as it's already full of microtransactions for ships, weapons, armour, accessories and even ship insurance (no joke).

Meanwhile the likes of Warframe which has been in development for about the same amount of time is now booming with it's FTP business model.  RSI should follow suit along with one other thing that Warfame has done, this is part that many original backers are going to REALLY hate, but........

Number 3:  A Console Release

343c2a214ab4d8e526a3b2b45664aa2a.jpg

I can already sense the "PC Master Race" grabbing their torches and pitchforks at the very idea but the only way for this game to reach a wide enough audience with the FTP model is to release on consoles.  If anything it has more appeal there since there is less games in this style on those platforms.  I know that RSI (at least used to) claim that Star Citizen is just to much of a powerhouse game for the consoles to run but considering the PC specs and my own experience with the game I'm convinced that's not true, especially with the release of the PS4 Pro and the XBox One X.  Even if it is true that the current consoles cant handle it then wait a couple of years for the next generation, this is not a valid excuse anymore.

Partnering with Microsoft and/or Sony will give them some support with the development and promotion of the game itself, but if that is going to happen there is one more thing that MUST be done.  In fact it's something that they should have done years ago and it might just be the most critical step of them all..........

Number 4:  SCRAP THE BULLSHIT STOREFRONT!

OH3RTEN.png

Picture if you will that your on your PlayStation, Star Citizen is FTP, you go onto the PS store and you see THAT!  Hell this is a problem that already exists right now on PC!  I don't care if it's "Optional" (although it's not optional since right now you have to spend at least $45/£37.80 to get into the game).  I don't care if they are earnable trough in game grinding and I especially don't care for that tired excuse of classifying it as a "pledge" rather than a "buy" since that is NOT even the problem!

The problem is almost anyone who is even a little more ignorant of Star Citizen who see's this will just abandon ship immediately because it leaves a such a terrible first impression.  With this on their page RSI look like untrustworthy, greedy assholes and their is obviously no way that Microsoft or Sony would allow this kind of crap of their stores, which I'm convinced is the REAL reason their is no console release in the works right now!  Not even Steam would allow this!

If RSI were to decide to do only one of these 4 steps, it has to be this one!  It is totally unacceptable!  No digital content is worth this, not even close!

Couldn't agree more, especilly that last one. That store is just far to intimidating for any normal gamer accept. Calling these plegdes does not justify the cost of these, nor does it justify them selling gift cards for more thsn they redeem for, the payed name changes and just about everything eles. I'm not as convinced about a console port though. Like it or not, the game prayed on the bad attitudes of PC fanboys right from the start. True, as much as I hate the PC Moron Race  (If your not a PC fanboy, you shouldn't be offended by that) to my very soul and would loved to see them jazzed up, it doesn't change the fact that could be the only promise RSI can break that would send thier fans against them. You're 100% correct on why the console port makrs sence abd would at least show positive shift in attutude from them, but the PCMR are to immature.

Crazycrab likes this

@Crazycrab

Sadly, they can't. 

1. Any news on S42 would be welcome.  When was the last time we even seen or heard of anything about it?  I wouldn't be surprised if development on S42 had been halted within the past year, if not longer.

2 & 4. CIG is too broke to go that way now.  Evidence; The two loans they took.  You don't take a loan for "reasons," you take a loan because you're broke and bills are coming due.  The only thing keeping the company afloat are the "whales" are willing to pay the ridiculous prices for in game content (that CIG may never complete).  But even that well is drying up.

3. That would cost more time and money that they clearly don't have.

29 minutes ago, Aya Reiko said:

@Crazycrab

Sadly, they can't. 

1. Any news on S42 would be welcome.  When was the last time we even seen or heard of anything about it?  I wouldn't be surprised if development on S42 had been halted within the past year, if not longer.

2 & 4. CIG is too broke to go that way now.  Evidence; The two loans they took.  You don't take a loan for "reasons," you take a loan because you're broke and bills are coming due.  The only thing keeping the company afloat are the "whales" are willing to pay the ridiculous prices for in game content (that CIG may never complete).  But even that well is drying up.

3. That would cost more time and money that they clearly don't have.

As you have pointed out the current business model isn't working and going FTP is the only realistic alternative.  The storefront is a massive put off for any new customers and has to be scrapped or at least scaled back to within the realm of common sense.

On 16/08/2017 at 2:42 PM, Crazycrab said:

INumber 4:  SCRAP THE BULLSHIT STOREFRONT!

OH3RTEN.png

Picture if you will that your on your PlayStation, Star Citizen is FTP, you go onto the PS store and you see THAT!  Hell this is a problem that already exists right now on PC!  I don't care if it's "Optional" (although it's not optional since right now you have to spend at least $45/£37.80 to get into the game).  I don't care if they are earnable trough in game grinding and I especially don't care for that tired excuse of classifying it as a "pledge" rather than a "buy" since that is NOT even the problem!

The problem is almost anyone who is even a little more ignorant of Star Citizen who see's this will just abandon ship immediately because it leaves a such a terrible first impression.  With this on their page RSI look like untrustworthy, greedy assholes and their is obviously no way that Microsoft or Sony would allow this kind of crap of their stores, which I'm convinced is the REAL reason their is no console release in the works right now!  Not even Steam would allow this!

If RSI were to decide to do only one of these 4 steps, it has to be this one!  It is totally unacceptable!  No digital content is worth this, not even close!

REJOICE!!!  I just checked it out and it seems like the ridiculously expensive, nonsensical Wing Commander and Completionist packages are gone! https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/game-packages

giphy.gif

I haven't checked in a while so this could have happened some time ago, I might even that they just sold out of of stupid things or something but hell I don't care!  They are gone and that's all that matters!

Now there is still bullshit like these gift cards that are worth only 5/6th of what you pay......

c9mkGwB.png

But by far the games greediest crock of crap and biggest turn off is now gone!

27 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

REJOICE!!!  I just checked it out and it seems like the ridiculously expensive, nonsensical Wing Commander and Completionist packages are gone! https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/game-packages

giphy.gif

I haven't checked in a while so this could have happened some time ago, I might even that they just sold out of of stupid things or something but hell I don't care!  They are gone and that's all that matters!

Now there is still bullshit like these gift cards that are worth only 5/6th of what you pay......

c9mkGwB.png

27 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

giphy.gif

c9mkGwB.png

You may be celebrating to soon, they're about to lauch a new line of ships.

Ships?  You must mean jpegs.  At the rate CiG is going, we'll be flying actual spaceships before they get those in the game.

Who am I kidding, the whole thing is probably going to collapse within a year anyway.