• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Ancient

Fable Legends is cancelled, Lionhead Studios to close

27 posts in this topic

"Microsoft has just announced that the long-in-development Fable Legends is canceled, and furthermore that it is “in discussions with employees” about closing down Lionhead. That's not the end to the bad news, either. Press Play Studios, which had been working on the Xbox One-exclusive Project Knoxville, will also be shut down."

Article i got this from: http://www.pcgamer.com/fable-legends-is-cancelled-lionhead-studios-to-close/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=pcgfb

So apparently no more fable games from Lionhead studios, Don't know much about that other studio though, nor the game they where working on.

Your thoughts? Fable was always kind of part off my childhood, sad to see it die, if it wasn't dead already.

Crazycrab likes this

Oh Goddammit! I was really looking forward to this one. It would of been THE game I'd play with some of my xbone buddies thanks to that cross-platform goodness. Shit!

Ancient, Zero Foxtrot and Crazycrab like this

Thanks con artist Peter Molyneux...

Good luck for M$' plan for PC gaming platform domination.... Definitely is not a good start.

Crazycrab likes this

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this but I actually am. Microsoft seemed to really be pushing Fable Legends and although Lionhead have made more than their fair share of missteps in recent years I felt they deserved at least one more chance to bounce back. It's a shame.

Ancient likes this

Um...wow...ok didn't see this one coming...

Damn. Uh, really didn't see that coming.

Well that came out of nowhere, it's not like Lionhead was having financial problems as far as I know.

This is sad. Really sad. :( A lot of people are going to get laid off from this.

Well... this is unfortunate. I am going to miss Fable. I really did enjoy playing the original Fable and Fable 2, not so much for Fable 3.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this but I actually am. Microsoft seemed to really be pushing Fable Legends and although Lionhead have made more than their fair share of missteps in recent years I felt they deserved at least one more chance to bounce back. It's a shame.

Truely thought they deserved another chance on making a great game aswell. :mellow:

Crazycrab likes this

Thanks con artist Peter Molyneux...

Good luck for M$' plan for PC gaming platform domination.... Definitely is not a good start.

I'm pretty sure Molyneux hasn't worked at Lionhead for a few years now...

Anyways, this seems like odd timing as they had just announced that they were going open beta soon and have had private beta going for a few months now

I'm pretty sure Molyneux hasn't worked at Lionhead for a few years now...

Anyways, this seems like odd timing as they had just announced that they were going open beta soon and have had private beta going for a few months now

But he definitely has a big part to bring this company up (down) to this point.

Well... this is unfortunate. I am going to miss Fable. I really did enjoy playing the original Fable and Fable 2, not so much for Fable 3.

Joe listed 32 Reasons why Fable 3 sucked in 2010 and the fact that Fable Legends is cancelled signals the end of the franchise.

Joe listed 32 Reasons why Fable 3 sucked in 2010 and the fact that Fable Legends is cancelled signals the end of the franchise.

That video was probably my first few videos by AJ that I've watched. To me, Fable 3 was the lowest point in the series while the original Fable was at its highest. I was hoping that Legends had a chance at becoming a solid game then in a future game return to the roots of the original Fable which that made the game great and maybe add new things but thanks to microsoft that dream went down the toilet.

I had a bit of fun when a friend let me borrow Fable 2 but, never finished it. I started Fable 3 sooooo many times to coop it but, whoever I was cooping it with we just decided to drop it and play something else instead. Every. Single. Time.

Overall, I'd say nothing of value was lost with Lionhead closing.

2and900 likes this

LIST OF MICROSOFT STUDIOS LAST WEEK

Xbox_Studios.jpg

LIST OF MICROSOFT STUDIOS NOW.

Xbox_Studios_Today.jpg

Micro$oft confirmed for next Ubi$oft??

Does this mean no Black & White 3? 

EA owns that license.

Micro$oft confirmed for next Ubi$oft??

No, Microsoft has always been worse than Ubisoft, and always will be.

GOOD, no more Fable trash releases.  Fable 1 was great, the anniversary edition had a welcome change of UI but graphic change unnoticeable. 

I was glad to see that they were canceling Fable Legends just because out of everything i saw it didnt seem like a true Fable game. just another game dressed in Fable clothing. It is a shame to see Lionhead close down seeing as they did make good games back in the day but they were headed downhill sind Fable 2.