• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Lhouraii

Cats or Dogs?

Choose!   22 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Cats
    • Dogs
    • I love them both about the same

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 posts in this topic

I have been on the rum again and my curiosity has got the better of me! XD

I love both the same, I have a kitty and a doggy and they are both precious AF to me.

However, my cat is a lot better behaved and cleaner. I still chose the 'both' option though! XD

I'm curious what you will choose! Please tell me why! IDKW but I'm so interested RN! XD

Both, but I love Siberian Huskies, and want one.

xKaros and Lhouraii like this

Omg, me too! They're so pretty! My friend had one but it only lived until it was like 8.

I don't think I could have one because they don't live as long. I love Border Collies, my closest family member was a border collie and she only recently died, she was there since I was little. Also, I have a pet border collie who is 3 now and I hope she lives that long too!

I also had a cat who was the same age as me, she died when she was 23.

Bulldog (dead) and american shorthair (X3)

Unless it's a Siberian Husky I really don't like dogs that much. My sister and Mom have gotten dogs through my life but I've always had cats.

I prefer snuggy wuggy widdeu pooty tats. People say cats aren't friendly and shit but they really are IMO. I just don't think they're friendly if you ignore em, but if you actually play with them occasionally, and give em occasional affection, they end up pretty friendly (at least they do for me)...Alas I'm stuck with 3 dogs that I never wanted yet I'm somehow the person that has to walk them 5 times a day. argh. I don't hate dogs though, I even like em, I just like cats more.

Lhouraii likes this

My family owns a dog and my sister (currently in vet school) is fostering kittens.

Last time I visited her we brought our dog along so she could meet them.  They responded by eating her food.

This.

In the future when I have a stable life and everything. I want to get baby husky pup and let it become part of the family like any other. I love to see things grow in the beginning from something small into something bigger and better, that feeling you get is awesome.

I guess I prefer dogs since I just don't trust cats.  They are always sneaking out at night, they run and hide whenever you see one and the few times when they don't hide they are sitting right in the middle of the road as if to say "You think you got more balls than me bitch? HA! I'm a cat!".  I genuinely believe that they know something we don't..........

(Yeah I've been on the Rum to!)

Lhouraii likes this

I've had more cats than dogs throughout my life but I like dogs more. I had 2 burnese mountain dogs for years and they were awsome although they shed hair everywhere.

Cats are ok but they can be rather standoff-ish unless they want something

I never owned either, but I would prefer dogs. My uncle had a dog and it was one of the sweetest dogs ever. He brought him as a little puppy and he instantly fell in love with me. I couldn't wait every weekend to go to my uncle to play with him and I always paid the most attention to him. Then I moved to another country for 5 years and I never saw him, but when I came back and I saw him again, he jumped on me and I just knew he instantly recognized me. 

He started licking me, waving his tail like crazy and I just hugged him lmao. Too bad he was put to sleep because of a very complicated situation that I don't feel like going into and it broke my heart.

I like cats too, but they are too self-centered imo, but they are funny as hell.

xKaros likes this

If I absolutely HAD to choose I would say dogs, but I'm pretty much a sucker for ANY kind of furry animal (or lizards, or amphibians, or birds, or...ok, not a big fan of bugs)

Currently I have three dogs (a beagle, a pit-lab, and a lab-coonhound) and a cat...who doesn't really get along with one of the dogs and has been cloistered in my room ever since he came to live here.

Dogs are loyal to the bone, real life heroes, faster, stronger, smarter, bigger, they are the best (unless were talking about a goddamn chihuahua). While cats think they are kings and queens but, in reality they are just a bunch pussies. I know how determined and strong dogs are, I've had 6 dogs and 1 cat. 4 of those dogs died in my service (one old age other 3 were KIA) 2 of those dogs even came back to die in my doorstep, they were good dogs. That lone cat I had ran away. 

No but really, I dont like cats.

Cat haters are so full of dung.. I mean if you don't like them that's ok. But the way they always make blanket statements as if that's true for all cats which very clearly isn't the case is annoying.

There are videos of cats chasing away bears or whatever... Or cats burning themselves nearly to death to rescue people... dogs get that credit all the time, but cats do it too, but no, all cats are 100% selfish or whatever.

but 1 cat is enough to know how they all act!

that's like saying I knew a dog once who bit me.. they're all violent man-eaters who need to be killed to preserve life!

Your cat probably ran away cuz it knew you thought it was shit. I would too.

Lhouraii likes this

I mean if you don't like them that's ok.

Settle down a bit man of cats, dont go rustling your jimmies over my simple post on the AJSA forums.

Shit like this might be hard to notice at first I know but, im not writing a super serious academic paper here promoting the idea that dogs are the best and cats suck golf balls through garden hoses. I thought you just said if we dont like cats its ok? Oh look, you did...

Actually, that cat was a part of an initiative to integrate other pets to the house when I was younger. I tried rabbits and hamsters too. I didnt have a bad opinion of the cat, I thought I was doing a good job taking care of it. But, one day I saw him jump on the car, then to the wall and he jumped the fence and fled out of nowhere. I searched for it but, search came back empty and he never came back. 

I don't really care if your opinion is voiced on the AJSA forums, or twitter, or super important serious forum, or real life. Unless you make it obvious you're kidding or you say you're kidding or whatever, your opinion is all the same to me.

And I said not liking cats is ok, and I meant it, but it annoys me when people act like they have all the facts regarding large demographics of things that consist of individuals.

I'd say you escalated the tone of the thread more than I did after yours too, not that I'm saying you need to be banned or warned or anything, You'll note I didn't hurl a personal insult or whatever, so I don't see why I should calm down when I'm still behaving within acceptable levels.

I don't really care if your opinion is voiced on the AJSA forums, or twitter, or super important serious forum, or real life. Unless you make it obvious you're kidding or you say you're kidding or whatever, your opinion is all the same to me.

I think the tone of my post does indeed imply that I was kidding. What with excluding Chihuahuas as dogs, saying my dogs were "KIA," claiming that all cats are "pussies" but, I see that it doesn’t matter. Because, I think that part right there is very much true isnt it?

And I said not liking cats is ok, and I meant it, but it annoys me when people act like they have all the facts regarding large demographics of things that consist of individuals.

Are you assuming that im such a person? Because thats what it looks like and thats not me, I told you already. Look, your going to sit there and try to crucify me because I didnt expressively state that I was kidding? Well, I also didnt plainly state that I wasnt kidding either. So…. why do you assume I land on the category of morons that annoy you? Oh thats right...

I'd say you escalated the tone of the thread more than I did after yours too, not that I'm saying you need to be banned or warned or anything, You'll note I didn't hurl a personal insult or whatever, so I don't see why I should calm down when I'm still behaving within acceptable levels.

Maybe because youre attempting to assblast me over a post thats not 100% serious, the actual initial post was not meant in a mean spirit in the first place and that theres really is no need to be upset?

Like I said, It didn't sound like you were kidding to me, if you say you are, ok.

Cat haters are so full of dung.. I mean if you don't like them that's ok. But the way they always make blanket statements as if that's true for all cats which very clearly isn't the case is annoying.

There are videos of cats chasing away bears or whatever... Or cats burning themselves nearly to death to rescue people... dogs get that credit all the time, but cats do it too, but no, all cats are 100% selfish or whatever.

but 1 cat is enough to know how they all act!

that's like saying I knew a dog once who bit me.. they're all violent man-eaters who need to be killed to preserve life!

OMG

I think I love you! XD

And yeah, my cat is amazing, she's such a sweet little kitty. She always tries to cheer me up when I'm sad and she's MUCH less trouble to look after than my dog. I love them both equally though, of course!