• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aragorn195

Microsoft and Windows 10 Fuckery (Rant warning)

11 posts in this topic

So... I have Windows 8.1, may God have mercy on me, and I upgraded as soon as I could to Windows 10. Well I got some issues with my C drive (It would lose space over time as the PC was running and after a restart it would empty and start over) ended up with me reformating to Windows 8.1 again. However I did NOT upgrade to Windows 10 again, I was hearing people were having issues and I needed my PC for school stuff. So I go along with Windows 8.1. Until 9th of March 2016, this Wednesday when, during the last hour of the day while I was playing Medieval II Total War, my PC restartet and began the upgrade to Windows 10. As you might imagine, I was qquite shocked, followed by anger. I mean, seriously I got angry, I was talking castrating of Microsoft, which I startet calling Company Named after Bill Gates Dick. I am aware that Bill Gates dont have anything to do with Windows and Microsoft anymore. Its been pointed out to me already.

Anyway, on Thursday I startet the backuping of files that was important and told it to revert back to Windows 8.1, luckely I didnt need the backups. Of course the 2nd I was logged in it startet downloading Windows 10 and despite me pressing the stop download button nothing happened, it only reacted when it was gonna install it again. Now my Windows Update is set to notify me but dont download or install because Windows 10 is in the Important Updates part.

That brings us to today when I was told I had important updates. There were 3, 1 being Windows 10. I unchecked Windows 10 and startet the installation. Then I was greeted by this screen http://imgur.com/a3NYhkd (Translation in the description). I thought it ment that at the next reboot I would upgrade again. Well I rebooted my machine and Im still at Windows 8.1 thank God (Never thought I would say that).

Now, this might not come as a suprise to you but I am quite pissed off now. I want to go to Company named after Bill Gates dick H! and castrate everyone. Should be an interesting court case. I also want to *Redacted because frankly whats being said is so bad that it makes Stalin look like a grumpy guy*

/rant

So... I have Windows 8.1, may God have mercy on me, and I upgraded as soon as I could to Windows 10. Well I got some issues with my C drive (It would lose space over time as the PC was running and after a restart it would empty and start over) ended up with me reformating to Windows 8.1 again. However I did NOT upgrade to Windows 10 again, I was hearing people were having issues and I needed my PC for school stuff. So I go along with Windows 8.1. Until 9th of March 2016, this Wednesday when, during the last hour of the day while I was playing Medieval II Total War, my PC restartet and began the upgrade to Windows 10. As you might imagine, I was qquite shocked, followed by anger. I mean, seriously I got angry, I was talking castrating of Microsoft, which I startet calling Company Named after Bill Gates Dick. I am aware that Bill Gates dont have anything to do with Windows and Microsoft anymore. Its been pointed out to me already.

Anyway, on Thursday I startet the backuping of files that was important and told it to revert back to Windows 8.1, luckely I didnt need the backups. Of course the 2nd I was logged in it startet downloading Windows 10 and despite me pressing the stop download button nothing happened, it only reacted when it was gonna install it again. Now my Windows Update is set to notify me but dont download or install because Windows 10 is in the Important Updates part.

That brings us to today when I was told I had important updates. There were 3, 1 being Windows 10. I unchecked Windows 10 and startet the installation. Then I was greeted by this screen http://imgur.com/a3NYhkd (Translation in the description). I thought it ment that at the next reboot I would upgrade again. Well I rebooted my machine and Im still at Windows 8.1 thank God (Never thought I would say that).

Now, this might not come as a suprise to you but I am quite pissed off now. I want to go to Company named after Bill Gates dick H! and castrate everyone. Should be an interesting court case. I also want to *Redacted because frankly whats being said is so bad that it makes Stalin look like a grumpy guy*

/rant

Was this problem with the C: drive present before you first upgraded and did reformatting solve it?

and I upgraded as soon as I could to Windows 10.

And there in lies the problem.

Was this problem with the C: drive present before you first upgraded and did reformatting solve it?

Post upgrade, and I havent had the issues after reformatting

And there in lies the problem.

Oh come on, Im on Windows 8.1. Can you really blame me?

Oh come on, Im on Windows 8.1. Can you really blame me?

Yes.

If previous versions of Windows have taught me anything its to leave it atleast a year before even touching the newest model, and even then to use the 10 foot barge pole.

GLXLynx likes this

Well I have not been there... You're speaking from experience which I do not have

I put windows 10 (clean install) on my new computer and I have not had any of those issues. Obviously I have heard of people having said issues but the only issue I experienced was one crash not long after I first installed it and was updating drivers at the time. Ever since I have not had one issue. Perhaps it is because I did a  clean install and none of my files could be moved anywhere they weren't suppose to be, because all I had was the base installation.

Post upgrade, and I havent had the issues after reformatting

If the problem with the drive is solved you might want to consider upgrading again because like you said Windows 8 is terrible.  When it's working properly Windows 10 is much better (I'm going to be drawn into a debate about this, it just is).

If you try the upgrade and the problem persists you can roll back to Windows 8.1 by selecting Settings > Update & security > Recovery  and selecting go back to Windows 8.1.  By using this method rather than reformatting Windows 10 should NOT try to auto install again.

If this doesn't work or you otherwise don't want to upgrade try following the steps in this guide from How-To Geek to prevent Windows 10 form downloading/installing.

I did the recovery method after the auto install. Still tries to auto install

I did the recovery method after the auto install. Still tries to auto install

Did you try any of the steps in the How-To Geek guide I posted?

The guide and the version of GWX Control Panel I have isnt the same. There is no "Disable Operating System Upgrades in Windows Update" button and I dont know which button to press.

Edit: I found the guide on the website

Edit: I had to uninstall 2 updates. And I see now that I have 2 updates, one of them is one of the ones I uninstalled but the 2nd one is KB2976978. Does that have to do with Windows 10? Because Im not sure after googling it

Edited by Aragorn195