• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RizdisGT

will angry joe make a video addressing episodic gaming?

11 posts in this topic

does he ever check these forums? can any of you guys let him know about episodic gaming? its the 2016 version of getting raped by EA dlc - but even worse, and everybody is hopping on the train, even respectable devs like IO.

look what they did to my hitman :(

help me commander joe, you're my only hope :(

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236870/#app_reviews_hash

help me commander joe, you're my only hope :(

He doesn't read these posts / come to the forums.

does he ever check these forums? can any of you guys let him know about episodic gaming? its the 2016 version of getting raped by EA dlc - but even worse, and everybody is hopping on the train, even respectable devs like IO.

He'll most likely talk about it if he makes a Hitman review.

The problems with the game don't seem to have anything to do with it being episodic from looking at reviews.

Crazycrab likes this

The problems with the game don't seem to have anything to do with it being episodic from looking at reviews.

did you only read the first 2 reviews? check out the 3rd one.

I'm sure I remember a topic like this posted before.......

He doesn't read these posts / come to the forums.

Anyway I don't think a video generalizing episodic games would be all that productive since it isn't always a bad thing.  I agree that for Hitman it wasn't a good decision but for Life is Strange I think it's fine.

The fact Hitman it is episodic alone does not merit complaints, it's poor optimization, DRM along with the fact that the franchise was not built on on this type of episodic structure that are causing issues.

I'm sure I remember a topic like this posted before.......

Anyway I don't think a video generalizing episodic games would be all that productive since it isn't always a bad thing.  I agree that for Hitman it wasn't a good decision but for Life is Strange I think it's fine.

dang, so angry joe doesn't come to these forums? does that mean pewdiepie doesn't interact with his bro army on his forum either?? i cant trust anything in this world anymore  :(

did you only read the first 2 reviews? check out the 3rd one.

The second one isn't a review, it's a hyperbolic sentence. The first one seems to be about online DRM, which doesn't have to be related to a game's episodic nature and seems like a poor unrelated decision the developers made, they even say that they like the game and will change the review to positive if the online problem is fixed. The third review also seems to be about issues not really relating to it being episodic. Them making console exclusive content, online DRM, and poorly optimizing the game don't really have anything to do with it being episodic, as those aren't issues in Telltale games/Life Is Strange/Republique/Broken Age/Kentucky Route Zero. People including, "I don't like episodic thing", along with actual issues doesn't mean they are related.

The reviews I have been reading really point to folks wanting more of what they are getting, which is very good. I get that folks want the entire experience however if this allows them to properly release a fine game without sacrificing the core, I am fine. The amount of issues this title had before it's first release had me concerned that this was a simple cash grab and the game was going to be horrible.

I'm fine with some episodic games but for a game like hitman, no thank you. I'll wait until the full game is out on disc...which is apparently next year.

dang, so angry joe doesn't come to these forums? does that mean pewdiepie doesn't interact with his bro army on his forum either?? i cant trust anything in this world anymore  :(

How did you write this and not get blasted by now... Looks like imma be that guy.

If you READ the forum rules, you would have known the answers to your own question, and you would know why. But you didnt bother reading the rules, which is somewhat understandable... People are dumb and tend to sign contracts without reading them after all, and forum rule guidelines are less important than a contract.

However the principle is still the same, and for you to come on acting entitled like joe should just drop everything to your own personal opinions on a medium you cant be bothered to read the rules for, and THEN have you criticize how trustworthy everyone ELSE is, is nuts.

I dont even disagree that episodic games are starting to turn shameful, but they are not always the case, take xenosaga for example. But yeah, the whole nature of your approach is complete ick.