• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Crazycrab

People are Furious at No Mans Sky's Price Tag of $60..... Wait What?

13 posts in this topic

I'll share RTU's thoughts on this since this is how I heard about it, then I'll share mine.

Wow!  I'm pretty shocked people are complaining about this.  A colossal game with a practically limitless amount of possibilities and people are complain about the price of..... $60, the same as just about every other new game?  Just because it's an indie game people think that that is somehow unreasonable? I really cant wrap my head around this!

Seriously, I think people need to have a clearer picture of what the term Independent Developer actually means.  It's actually NOTHING to do with the scale of the production!  All it means is that they are developing AND distributing the game themselves without the aid or financial backing of a third party publisher.  Because of that most Indie games tend to be small projects granted but.... Witcher 3, Fallout 4, TES: Skyrim, GTA V and similar games to No Man's Sky like Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen are all Technically Indie games as well.

I am looking forward to this game and I got no problem paying full price for it assuming it lives up to all my expectations, but some people see the word "Indie" and automatically think "Cheap" apparently.

What are your thoughts?  Do you think $60 is reasonable for a game like this?

Danitoba, Shagger and Dyzzles like this

I posted this video on the price in last weeks news post, which is also what I think

Games have gotten cheap enough, and I hate seeing the expectation that people should barely be paid for years of work because they aren't from a big name studio, or that developers should be selling their game at 40%-60% off or in Bundles a month or two after release. The Witness was $40 and a lot of people loved that, I'll be happy to see the same kind of reaction to this game selling at $60.

I'll share RTU's thoughts on this since this is how I heard about it, then I'll share mine.

Wow!  I'm pretty shocked people are complaining about this.  A colossal game with a practically limitless amount of possibilities and people are complain about the price of..... $60, the same as just about every other new game?  Just because it's an indie game people think that that is somehow unreasonable? I really cant wrap my head around this!

Seriously, I think people need to have a clearer picture of what the term Independent Developer actually means.  It's actually NOTHING to do with the scale of the production!  All it means is that they are developing AND distributing the game themselves without the aid or financial backing of a third party publisher.  Because of the most Indie games tend to be small projects granted but.... Witcher 3, Fallout 4, TES: Skyrim, GTA V and similar games to No Man's Sky like Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen are all Technically Indie games as well.

I am looking forward to this game and I got no problem paying full price for it assuming it lives up to all my expectations, but some people see the word "Indie" and automatically think "Cheap" apparently.

What are your thoughts?  Do you think $60 is reasonable for a game like this?

really REALLY REALLY u people are complaining about this it shouldn't be surprised that it costs $60 so what its one of the anticipated games of this year 

Danitoba likes this

really REALLY REALLY u people are complaining about this it shouldn't be surprised that it costs $60 so what its one of the anticipated games of this year 

Um, he is complaining about people who are actually complaining about the game's price lol

undeadslayer4 and Danitoba like this

So, Cloud Imperium can charge $120 for a $100 coupon for thier in game cash shop after raising £100 million through crowd fund, yet this these guys can't have $60 per copy for an endless space exploration game after putting years of their own heart, time and cash into it? O....kay.....

undeadslayer4 and Crazycrab like this

Um, he is complaining about people who are actually complaining about the game's price lol

ya i know so am i

Apex Spartan likes this

Assassin's Creed and COD (Same thing every year)- Yeah buy it!! This one will be better than the last. Buy the season pass too!!!!

No Man's Sky (New interesting IP)- $60 are you kidding me!?!?!

Sometimes I don't understand people. 

Brokensteel119 likes this

Yeah, makes no sense how people will buy the same AAA game again and again every year for $60 and get probably 12 hours of fun out of it, but an indie game with god knows how much content? "No, it's indie so it has to be no more than $15" SAYS FUCKING WHO?

Yeah, makes no sense how people will buy the same AAA game again and again every year for $60 and get probably 12 hours of fun out of it, but an indie game with god knows how much content? "No, it's indie so it has to be no more than $15" SAYS FUCKING WHO?

Is basically what this is saying:

I'd buy no man's sky for 60$, those people complaining about the price tag just need to turn of there phones and go study, there all a bunch of kids anyway, How can you be mad with 60$ price tag on a supposedly huge game that isn't even out yet? Those are my two cents.

Meh, just the expectation that people have about indie game pricing. The reaction is not even surprising since indie games have been cheaper for a long time now. But yeah, just because its an expectation should the game be cheaper? Nope. Should stuff like how many people made it and how much work went into it matter too? Nope. At the end the quality should be what gives the game value to make it worth whatever amount of money. The business side of things I dont know though.

Maybe those devs should show off much more of the game to calm some people down and let them see that it will really be worth those 60 bucks. Implying it actually is of course.

I think the issue is that up until now it was pegging itself as an indie game, and very few indie games are above the $50. I can understand people getting pissed from it going from indie to suddenly (for lack of a better description) being treated like a AAA game, people were expecting to only spend around $20 on the game. And I think in it's early days it's pre order price was actually $20, though I can't confirm this. 

Pretty much the only thing I'm worried about is the fact we've never, NEVER seen this game officially run on a PS4. Even when they claimed it was PS4 footage it was actually being run on a PC, so I'm fully expecting this game to have god awful performance issues when it comes out. So I'm not holding my breath.

Also, I'd buy No Man's Sky for $60 IF, and only IF, it isn't full of bugs and frame rate drops.