• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Every Month, a New Game.

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game to dive into every month! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Blurmania 53

Gears of War 4 Discussion Thread

78 posts in this topic

Thanks for the info! Looks like we have until April 11th to play Gears of War: Ultimate Edition and get access to the beta. Sounds pretty simple. I'm a Gears fan myself so I'll definitely make sure I play before then to ensure beta access. Anyone is free to join me when I play by the way! :)

Damn you beat me to it lol but I will also be around the beta as it comes out for me on Spring break the 18th. So i'll be chainsawing these "swarm" monstrosities left and right. I just hope in multiplayer it's these new creatures and not human on human like in Judgement.

I've read articles saying that multiplayer will be human vs monster. I did also read however there could be a possibility of a "Stranded" like faction for multiplayer, leaving the chance of human v human matches. Similar to BF4 depending on the map you play on certain factions will be represented.

pretty hyped about this beta I just hope that this "takedown" system isnt like BF4's knife system.

cant wait till the 25th of april to play thx for the info!

Hype is real

The feels.

This will be a day one pickup. Very interested to see where the new game takes the story.

Interesting, I played all 3 of the previous games so I am curious where it will go.

Merged some of the other Gears 4 threads into a single thread (this one).

A new clip was released showing the new "knife execution":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzHek8RO090

I found the clip in an article on Gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/see-gears-of-war-4s-new-knife-execution-in-action/1100-6438778/

The knife execution looks interesting. I'm curious to find out if you can do this to anyone at anytime.

I signed up for both:)

Edited by Blurmania 53
RuneX likes this

I read that this beta should be considered an alpha, devs don't want people to think this is the file state of the game. I've played a little bit of it, and it is mostly good, some quality of life things they can add in and would make it better. 

Believe they are giving exclusives to players that get to level 20 before the end of the beta so if anyone wants to team up for a few matches let me know. 

RuneX likes this

I know it's fairly early to be judging this game but I was just curious to hear how the AJSA community was reacting to the beta. If you can call it that, considering Rod Ferguson has stated it's merely an alpha. For myself, I'm thoroughly enjoying it and it makes me excited to see what the game will become in its finished state. Props to The Coalition. 

RuneX likes this

Definitely feels a lot like Gears of War 3 with some Gears of War Judgement elements thrown in (not everything was bad about that game). I've been enjoying it so far. From what I've heard from fellow members that they are enjoying the alpha/beta and feel that there is still some work to be done but "The Coalition" is on the right track. Hopefully they remain diligent.

Delta Wolf 4 likes this

Want to see my broken Beta in action?

Lol

Gears of War 4 Beta Impressions - AJSA Gaming Youtube Channel

Really had a lot of fun with the beta. Now the long wait begins...

Since the game is coming out here in just a few months, figured I'd revive this thread to renew discussion and to post news:

For those interested in eSports:

‘Gears of War 4’ Pro Circuit Announced, 1 Million Dollar Prize Pool Up For Grabs

http://www.inquisitr.com/3372344/gears-of-war-4-pro-circuit-announced-1-million-dollar-prize-pool-up-for-grabs/