• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Blurmania 53

Gears of War News & Discussion

90 posts in this topic

On 2016-08-08 at 6:09 PM, RuneX said:

Since the game is coming out here in just a few months, figured I'd revive this thread to renew discussion and to post news:

For those interested in eSports:

‘Gears of War 4’ Pro Circuit Announced, 1 Million Dollar Prize Pool Up For Grabs

http://www.inquisitr.com/3372344/gears-of-war-4-pro-circuit-announced-1-million-dollar-prize-pool-up-for-grabs/

nice that it is open circuit.i think most here may or may not be interested in watching or competing, but i like competing and watching e-sports if anyone here wants to try to form a team,let me know in time if you do.(As long as all players  in a team dont have to be from the same continent like eu or na)meaning players from diff places can form a team

Livestream from PAX here showcasing GOW 4 horde mode:

https://www.twitch.tv/paxarena

Two teams facing off to become the first to reach level 50 and win.

Also released at pax was the new game mode Arms race: 

Edited by Blurmania 53

I had a chance to try this game at Fan Expo here in Canada in Toronto. It was amazing and from a single player perspective I think it'll be really fun. I'm certainly interested in the multiplayer modes of course as well. Presumably we'll have an AJSA group/clan setup for MP no? 

We'll see if they implement a clan/team system in the game for GOW4. If they do...you bet we'll set up a group for AJSA Gears player for sure. I'll be getting the game Day 1 when it releases. I'm still debating on getting the ultimate edition (with steel book case, season pass). The season pass includes over 24 maps from what I advertises. That isn't bad at all. GOW 3 did great with DLC (even did some story/campaign content as well) so I look forward what they have to offer.

We'll have some events scheduled I'm sure when it releases and based off the response we get from the community, we'll prepare for more events.

LiquidArea likes this

1 minute ago, RuneX said:

We'll see if they implement a clan/team system in the game for GOW4. If they do...you bet we'll set up a group for AJSA Gears player for sure. I'll be getting the game Day 1 when it releases. I'm still debating on getting the ultimate edition (with steel book case, season pass). The season pass includes over 24 maps from what I advertises. That isn't bad at all. GOW 3 did great with DLC (even did some story/campaign content as well) so I look forward what they have to offer.

We'll have some events scheduled I'm sure when it releases and based off the response we get from the community, we'll prepare for more events.

Awesome! I also added you as a friend on Xbox; along with a few others, so I can partake in events and what not when I'm available. Looking forward to gaming with you guys and gals. I'm also getting the game day 1 and like you haven't decided if I want the ultimate edition either. I probably will seeing as I love the series as a whole and typically the season pass has given great content. Keep up the great work otherwise :3

RuneX likes this

On 2016-09-14 at 5:16 PM, LiquidArea said:

Awesome! I also added you as a friend on Xbox; along with a few others, so I can partake in events and what not when I'm available. Looking forward to gaming with you guys and gals. I'm also getting the game day 1 and like you haven't decided if I want the ultimate edition either. I probably will seeing as I love the series as a whole and typically the season pass has given great content. Keep up the great work otherwise :3

im thinking about getting the ultimate edition or not.In fact i was browsing the gears forums regarding this topic on getting the ultimate edition or not so here it is: https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/dlc-is-free-but-you-want-people-to-pay-for-the-season-pass/426f2c74-a6a9-43f5-a829-646381444711/posts?page=8

Gears of War 4 Gameplay Trailer

Lots of story related content in this one. They are definitely revealing a bit more about the story and threw some cliffhangers in there/manipulated the clips to make it seem certain characters are in mortal danger etc.

20 plus minutes of Gears of War 4 Prologue gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toSghwtbHzM

For those interested who want to see it early.

edit: ALSO....I did purchase the physical copy of GOW 4: Ultimate Edition, so I will be getting the game four days early. If anyone else has the same privilege, let me know and we can squad up. :ajsa:

I too also pre-ordered the game (physical copy) so I'll have early access as well. I believe we get early access on the 7th? Either way looking forward to it. Maybe get some other AJSA members and co-op this beast of a game? 

On 2016-09-29 at 8:09 PM, RuneX said:

20 plus minutes of Gears of War 4 Prologue gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toSghwtbHzM

For those interested who want to see it early.

edit: ALSO....I did purchase the physical copy of GOW 4: Ultimate Edition, so I will be getting the game four days early. If anyone else has the same privilege, let me know and we can squad up. :ajsa:

for the moment im leaning towards getting it on october 7th so we could squad up maybe around 3-4 est maybe since im currently trying to grind halo 5.Also gears 4 is having a live stream on october 5th where they will have guest stars,gameplay,and give away copies of gears 4.In EST its 6pm it starts!But we may have the destiny event so someone has to watch it for us:)

I may be getting the Ultimate Edition a day or two early. Received a notification this morning that my shipment is in my area and is en route to me.

:ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo:

Obran likes this

I'll most likely be getting the UE, going to watch the launch live stream tonight then decide (or maybe win one haha, yea right), but if I do I'll be on all weekend for some gears action. Maybe try and get campaign on insane done, who knows. 

Going with digital so I can try the play anywhere stuff. 

RuneX likes this

20 minutes ago, Obran said:

I'll most likely be getting the UE, going to watch the launch live stream tonight then decide (or maybe win one haha, yea right), but if I do I'll be on all weekend for some gears action. Maybe try and get campaign on insane done, who knows. 

Going with digital so I can try the play anywhere stuff. 

im getting it this friday,try to write down anything of interest if you want to from the livestream in this thread.we have a gears ultimate edition event this saturday 6pm est.you can join before the event as i may do some double/4times xp in social and during as well?

After what I've seen tonight, and the details surrounding the UE, it just doesn't seem worth the $50 price tag for the season pass. What do you get? 24 maps - that you can only use in private settings, and a 'testing' service for the upcoming maps...doesn't seem worth $50 to me. 

I could see spending it if they allowed you to host ranked matches like they did with GoW1, and then use those maps that you paid for the season pass with. However, only being able to use them in private or offline modes, and nothing else, just seems sort of pointless. 

No doubt, I'll get GoW4, and will love to play with AJSA, but I am going to pass on the four day head start. 

Those that did get it - Have fun! The live streams I've seen tonight look pretty cool. 

See you next weekend when the game fully launches. 

12 hours ago, RuneX said:

I may be getting the Ultimate Edition a day or two early. Received a notification this morning that my shipment is in my area and is en route to me.

:ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo::ajombo:

How's the campaign so far Rune? I saw you online playing it

It's odd I am excited for Gears however after playing the remastered, Gears 4 got punted into a rental. 

Picking up my copy after work tonight and will be playing through the campaign. To those who've been playing it thus far, how do you feel about it? Looking forward to multiplayer with members of the AJSA :)

On 10/8/2016 at 4:01 PM, LiquidArea said:

Picking up my copy after work tonight and will be playing through the campaign. To those who've been playing it thus far, how do you feel about it? Looking forward to multiplayer with members of the AJSA :)

I'm downloading it now, went with digital so I can try out the play anywhere. Plus, Microsoft store had a $10 coupon so it was basically the same as Amazon physical copy (like 2 dollar more expense but get two copies). I'll be looking to play some versus and hoard this weekend, so i'll hit you up if you want. 

On 10/10/2016 at 10:31 PM, Obran said:

I'm downloading it now, went with digital so I can try out the play anywhere. Plus, Microsoft store had a $10 coupon so it was basically the same as Amazon physical copy (like 2 dollar more expense but get two copies). I'll be looking to play some versus and hoard this weekend, so i'll hit you up if you want. 

Sounds good. I'm busy Saturday but I should be available to play a bit on Sunday in the afternoon/evening time.

Finally got this one with my GTX 1070, only to discover its Microsoft exclusive (just how complicated is their system? right?) and Win10 exclusive! damnit!

:(

It's awesome. I rate this 2nd right behind Gears 2 which is saying a lot because I loved the original as well. I won't get into spoilers, but aside from the slow start of the 1st act the story was frickin awesome. The MP and Horde mode 3.0 is also great.

If it wasn't for the lame micro-transactions (think Halo 5 ) and again what I thought was a slow start with the first act of the story this would be a 10/10 for me. So I'd give it a solid 9.

Now I hear they may be adding to the season pass - I wonder what they are even thinking of putting in? More loot boxes..? 

RuneX likes this

Yay loot boxes! You know what is better than loot boxes? The Gears 4 event video that was put up on the AJSA YouTube Channel....muahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o873ZOTj_0

For real though...I saw some screenshots of the new maps. Some Gears 3 maps are going to be re-made, which is a big plus. Looking forward to playing it :)

Obran likes this